Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

can you still not stream the cricket on 7plus because of foxtel?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

spaceblancmange posted:

can you still not stream the cricket on 7plus because of foxtel?

It's because of cricket australia agreeing to it but yes.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
England are going to lose an ODI series to a team who couldn't even make the world cup.

Deservedly.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Mitch Johnson pointed out that Marnus was the youngest (29) player in the expected lineup for the first test. I didn't realise the rest 8 were all 32 or older.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
Shades of the 2000s when the side under Ponting were getting old as gently caress and no one good was putting their hand up (or getting opportunity) to replace them.

glasnost toyboy
May 29, 2009

gay picnic defence posted:

Shades of the 2000s when the side under Ponting were getting old as gently caress and no one good was putting their hand up (or getting opportunity) to replace them.

And then they freaked out and sacked Katich despite him making truck loads of runs.

More reason to have shoved Warner out of the airlock ages ago.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
The selectors will just panic and pick a punch of lumps from NSW who are smashing it in the nets

Project M.A.M.I.L.
Apr 30, 2007

Older, balder, fatter...

goatface posted:

England are going to lose an ODI series to a team who couldn't even make the world cup.

Deservedly.

It's looking closer than I expected it to.

glasnost toyboy
May 29, 2009

Seams posted:

The selectors will just panic and pick a punch of lumps from NSW who are smashing it in the nets

I think even our selectors will struggle to justify picking anyone from NSW at the moment, jesus.

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Some quality death bowling there England.

Project M.A.M.I.L.
Apr 30, 2007

Older, balder, fatter...
Those last two overs to finish the game were great

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Don't see many games played in Geelong - probably won't again.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

BBL match at Geelong abandoned due to wet patch on the pitch. Best T20 tournament in the world according to Howie.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

huge opening weekend for the big bash

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

On track to be the most BBL season of all time. Also, that's QdK's only game lol.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Big Bash making a big splash

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
lol at WA

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/cricket/why-the-perth-test-could-not-go-on-without-langer-s-blessing-20231210-p5eqdj.html

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

WA loves having a chip on the shoulder

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Does anyone actually love Langer that much?

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

therattle posted:

Does anyone actually love Langer that much?

Langer probably does

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Adam voges was the best wa player to play for aus anyway, the stats don’t lie

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
I don't think this is going to end well

https://twitter.com/bbctms/status/1734291912104857691

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

He has very obviously been "not one of the lads'd" a long time ago. He was done playing for England before this.

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Which is insane, as fully fit he was one of the few bowlers that could dominate a game.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

VOTE1 posted:

Which is insane, as fully fit he was one of the few bowlers that could dominate a game.

Pshaw. Which is more important, having talent, or having a face that fits?

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER
First time seeing Zaman play for the Thunder. Don't know how you pick up balls with such a low slingy action.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

T20s are back baby yeah!

glasnost toyboy
May 29, 2009

tarbrush posted:

He has very obviously been "not one of the lads'd" a long time ago. He was done playing for England before this.

To be fair he was done playing for England cos Joe Root bowled him in to the ground until he broke.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
That too. But I do think some of that was due to not trusting and listening to him in the way that they would Broad or Anderson

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
https://x.com/Uz_Khawaja/status/1734830493890404372?s=20

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

For Sound Financial Pranning!
First bouncer to Davey explodes his head like a rotten melon, you heard it here first

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

It makes me giggle knowing that at the start of every summer my FIL will attempt to watch the tests, get to the welcome to country then rage and turn it off and refuse to watch until next year.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

I hope "Davey" Dave Warner gets hit in the balls

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
And so the summer of stat padding begins. :boonie:

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

14 runs in the first over wtf not supposed to get to 14 runs until the 13th over

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

Also, the thing that strikes me about this stadium is how DRAB everything is. Are all the seats grey? God forbid a venue have a little character.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Hoping for Warner to score no runs all summer and go out on a low.

Project M.A.M.I.L.
Apr 30, 2007

Older, balder, fatter...
Same but Steve Smith

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8
What I wouldn't give for Uzzie to ton up here, after the (entirely predictable) response to what he's been saying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

what is with the salmon arm sleeves on warner