Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Biggest disappointment of 2023?
The Dallas Cowboys (gently caress 'em)
The New York Giants
The Philadephia Eagles
The Washington Washingtons
Myself for watching NFC East Clownball
View Results

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Considering Desai was a desperation hire after Gannon and the Cardinals hosed us out of Fangio, I'd be perfectly fine with him being shown the door

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

euphronius posted:

I’m shocked the eagles are already in rebuilding stage but I guess that’s just how fast the modern nfl is in terms of franchise stability

Lmao that we managed to downgrade from gannon

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

The talent is also noticeably worse than last year.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I can't wait for all the full pivots in this thread when we win the superbowl this year, especially from my own fellow fans

It will be delicious. We're 10-3 you fucks and we are a very good loving team off of two tough matchups. Christ.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

100% guaranteed they won’t win the Super Bowl this year

I bet you any amount

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Asproigerosis posted:

I do appreciate that cowboys fans get to be excited for the first time in over a decade, however.

We’re excited every time they beat the eagles. Which happens frequently

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Both of these teams are getting stomped by the 49ers in the playoffs so really why argue so much, why can't everyone be friends

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Diqnol posted:

I can't wait for all the full pivots in this thread when we win the superbowl this year, especially from my own fellow fans

It will be delicious. We're 10-3 you fucks and we are a very good loving team off of two tough matchups. Christ.

🤌 is coming

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The niners still have Kyle as their coach so idk about playoff success

Seems like it’s Dak or a wildcard like Tampa

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I am personally hoping for the stars to align on the 49ers / Cowboys second round match up again.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Febreeze posted:

Both of these teams are getting stomped by the 49ers in the playoffs so really why argue so much, why can't everyone be friends
My only hope is the Cowboys and Niners matchup up in the divisional or something and play like a 6OT hell march

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Harlock posted:

I am personally hoping for the stars to align on the 49ers / Cowboys second round match up again.

Those were awesome matchups back in the 90s

Pro wrestling levels of betrayals

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Diqnol posted:

The other two best teams in the conference, both coming off 10 days' rest, at the tail end of a genuinely brutal stretch of matchups. There are definitely problems, but this isn't the apocalypse, especially if the Eagles still wind up with the 1 seed in the end.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Coaches don’t get tired

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I don't think it's a stretch to say the Niners and the Cowboys are the best two teams in the league right now, let alone the conference. Nobody in the AFC seems all that intimidating this year

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

They have the best two QBs for sure

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

The Eagles could absolutely lose their remaining four games and in fact it's far more likely than them winning them all

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I think you def are going to see veterans getting injured and not playing

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Going to Seattle is gonna suck, but at least they'll be home the rest of the way, not counting the bus ride to Metlife

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

shyduck posted:

Going to Seattle is gonna suck, but at least they'll be home the rest of the way, not counting the bus ride to Metlife

Arizona is the most winnable game there. They're gonna make DeVito look like a superstar in at least one of the two games

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yeah the giants games they have no shot

Arizona is tanking so they might get that one

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

triple sulk posted:

The Eagles could absolutely lose their remaining four games and in fact it's far more likely than them winning them all

Their next four games are against Drew Lock, Tommy DeVito x2 and the Cardinals.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

triple sulk posted:

Arizona is the most winnable game there. They're gonna make DeVito look like a superstar in at least one of the two games

Excuse me are you suggesting that the Gabbaghoul himself is not already a superstar

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I do think theyll beat the Seahawks and Cardinals but I know the Giants are gonna get up for this poo poo like it's the Super Bowl, which is certainly their prerogative, draft order be damned

edit: that's no sleight either, kudos to them

shyduck fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Dec 11, 2023

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

shyduck posted:

I don't think it's a stretch to say the Niners and the Cowboys are the best two teams in the league right now, let alone the conference. Nobody in the AFC seems all that intimidating this year

Ravens and Dolphins can be scary, but they're not as complete. I think Cowboys and 49ers are the top 2, but anything can happen, I could see a team like the Rams pulling an upset. The Bills are also always dangerous and are kind of an anti-eagles (eagles underperform their record and have a lot of lucky breaks/refs vs the Bills being the scariest 7 win team).

I really just want to see Mahomes get stomped over in the AFC playoffs, everything else post-season will be gravy. I'm glad we don't have anyone as unlikable as him in the NFCE

biceps crimes fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Dec 11, 2023

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

We could have a Niners-Ravens SB rematch, and they both play on Christmas night. That's gonna be a really good game

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Black Lighter posted:

Their next four games are against Drew Lock, Tommy DeVito x2 and the Cardinals.

🤌🤌

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Early line is Bills by 2 over Cowboys

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
i don't think this marks the end of the eagles' viability as contenders, necessarily, and i definitely expect them to win at least three of their last four games, but even before they embarked on this absurd midseason gauntlet i'm not sure i saw anything from them that made me think they could, even if conditions were perfect, comfortably take out the niners or cowboys. they had trouble keeping mediocre-to-bad teams from putting up a good fight, if they've gotta go to san fran or dallas to make it back to the super bowl i just don't know if they have that club in the bag.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

MrMojok posted:

Early line is Bills by 2 over Cowboys

Lol Vegas looking to really scam some people with this one

Cowboys will cream them

Toaster Beef posted:

i don't think this marks the end of the eagles' viability as contenders, necessarily, and i definitely expect them to win at least three of their last four games, but even before they embarked on this absurd midseason gauntlet i'm not sure i saw anything from them that made me think they could, even if conditions were perfect, comfortably take out the niners or cowboys. they had trouble keeping mediocre-to-bad teams from putting up a good fight, if they've gotta go to san fran or dallas to make it back to the super bowl i just don't know if they have that club in the bag.

I've been waiting all season for them to turn the loving corner because it's been awful refball wins all year and both offense and defense looking significantly worse than last year. I think we saw them finally turn the corner the past two weeks and it's right into the dumpster where they belong with a wildcard loss. They need to fire the offense and defense staff and start the gently caress over again cause clearly they went with the worst possible options this past offseason.

Asproigerosis fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Dec 11, 2023

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

I think it’s the “Buffalo in December” thing that is so hard on visiting teams

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Asproigerosis posted:

Cowboys will cream them

If there's been one knock on Dallas this year they play horribly on the road. The home/away splits kind of nutty and likely informing this line

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
I refuse to be overly critical of my team while they are 10-3. I will also refuse to be this overly confident in a team that has already shown you that they can poo poo the bed against any team.

Chillmatic
Jul 25, 2003

always seeking to survive and flourish
lmao

https://www.reddit.com/r/NFCEastMemeWar/comments/18g3twn/no_words_needed/

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

How ‘bout them Cowboys!

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Hmm you don't say?!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

We are far too blessed, winding up with Brandon Aubrey.

He's a miracle.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Asproigerosis posted:

Cowboys will cream them

This line concerns me because it looks designed to get all the dumbass cowboy fans to slam down their paychecks on Dallas and the points

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Harlock posted:

If there's been one knock on Dallas this year they play horribly on the road. The home/away splits kind of nutty and likely informing this line

The road stats have way more to do with the fact that they just so happened to be on the road when they poo poo the bed in Arizona and in San Francisco.

They were dominant in several other road games this year. The two Dallas teams from this season is team 1 who lost three games and got to the bye-Week trying to "establish the run" and team 2, who let their QB sling it and started setting records

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

indigi posted:

lmao + wow that's actually an interesting feature I didn’t know about

It's particularly great if you have kids and grandparents that hate using the phone; for like 15 bucks. You can send them a photobook of 40 pictures and they love it