Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Hellbore posted:

Specifically for the NativeMods and the others mentioned above, it been a awhile, but I'm using all of them together I'm pretty sure just they should just work as installed. Just follow the instructions on the mad pages and it should just fit together.

Black Noise posted:

Yes I use BG3MM and just do a manual install for Native Mod Loader. I’d also join the Larian discord they have a #bg3modsupport channel.

Cheers to both of you, spent this morning getting poo poo in order to take my Durge Monk run from the top and it looks like nothing's exploded yet. If I have any questions I'll follow up here or peek my head in the discord server. :cheers:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

A Moose posted:

That effect applies to ALL attacks! It also stacks with other items that lower the number you need to get a crit. IIRC there's a bow and an elixir as well so you can get a crit on a 17+

I felt like this was correct, but confirmation is always good. And yeah he has other effects that increase the crit range, including elixirs of vigilance, on top of automatic advantage on attacks (so automatic sneak attacks) and if I'm feeling spicy he can make 14 or 15 attacks in round 1. If the fight isn't over already he's got 23 AC, a cape of displacement, multiple uses of Misty Step, Gaseous Form, and he's usually hiding behind Lae'zel and Minthara anyway, It's kind of unfair how broken the dude is at this point and if it was a tabletop game he'd be the sort of build that drive DMs nuts.

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug
I had Karlach keep throwing the dwarf at Anders, and smited him while he was down until he died. I still almost got a party wipe on my honor run because I went there really early and was still level 3.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Clearing the goblin camp went pretty smoothly on honor mode with a couple of hairy moments. Unfortunately I think I messed up the new minthara recruiting method so I'll pick her up on my parallel durge run.

grinnard
Apr 10, 2012

The Lord Bude posted:

knife of the undermountain king has a great passive effect for a dual wielding wizard or sorcerer for eg.

Well yes and no. Most of the good spells have a saving throw rather than an attack roll so can't crit. I think by the end as a sorcerer only my cantrips had attack rolls, everything else was a save (also makes the spellmight gloves much less useful since they fixed them to only apply to attack Rolls).

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I think in an earlier build Magic Missile could crit so it would have been a good move at that point.

But it's hard to argue against dual wielding Markoheshkir and the Spellsparkler when you're firing off lots of multi hit spells.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Snake Maze posted:

He takes 3 items total, and there's tons of items in act 1 that are basically worthless you can give him.

Ah good. I figured you had to let him slam mystras silver hammer down on a regular basis. I can just give him the worthless +1 stuff you find.

I have other questions, like did I miss a way to save Karlach?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I'm finding that Ray of Frost is a nice little Dragonborn Sorc cantrip because you can get that staff from Underdark and the gloves from the mountain pass vendor for extra frost vulnerability. Just got done fighting Grym and he wasn't even able to make it to his marked target thanks to the movement reduction.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

twistedmentat posted:

Ah good. I figured you had to let him slam mystras silver hammer down on a regular basis. I can just give him the worthless +1 stuff you find.

I have other questions, like did I miss a way to save Karlach?

Karlach can be saved if Dammon (the smith in the druid grove) doesn't die, and you bring him enough infernal iron in each of acts 1 and 2 as her personal quest directs.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

I know that you don't need to find Dammon in Act 1 either, he'll be just fine if you wait to give him all the infernal iron in Act 2. Don't think you'll get the romance if Karlach's engine isn't fully tuned up by Act 3 though.

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013

exquisite tea posted:

I know that you don't need to find Dammon in Act 1 either, he'll be just fine if you wait to give him all the infernal iron in Act 2. Don't think you'll get the romance if Karlach's engine isn't fully tuned up by Act 3 though.

On this note, the game doesn't assume I'm trying to romance her if I gave her a hug after all the upgrades does it? Girl needed one but I'm sworn to my sweet former fascist alien.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

No you have to cool her off in Act 1 and try to kiss her for the romance to activate.

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013

exquisite tea posted:

No you have to cool her off in Act 1 and try to kiss her for the romance to activate.

Awesome thanks. It didn't give me that impression I just wanted to make sure.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

exquisite tea posted:

No you don't. You can successfully start the romance by telling Karlach her in conversation that you like her, or respond positively when she approaches you in camp. As long as you keep doing stuff she approves of (like getting her upgrades and saving people) the romance will progress.

grack fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Dec 11, 2023

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Hit level 3 so I thought I'd go and take out the harpies since I have Calm Emotions. Shadowheart's second turn comes along and I thought "why not cast Bless?".

Luckily the two elves resisted the charm or it could've been a disaster.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Any idea if it's possible to hit level 5 before the goblin camp in Act 1? I think I've done almost everything: the paladins, the hag, confronted kagha, the church, the gnolls, the harpies, the cave with the zhentarim, the githyanki patrol, the spider, killed every goblin in the blighted town.. Is there anything I'm missing?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Yes. The whole Underdark. If you don't know what that is, look harder!

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

The underdark.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

Yes. The whole Underdark. If you don't know what that is, look harder!

Huh, I forgot about that. I went there after getting Halsin in my previous game, didn't realize I could enter without advancing the plot.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

You can do the whole of the Underdark and Grymforge without advancing the Grove storyline, it's the Mountain Pass you gotta watch out for.

Geekboy
Aug 21, 2005

Now that's what I call a geekMAN!
I wouldn’t trade my time with this game in early access back when Astarion took damage when he crossed running water but I am just a little envious of people experiencing it for the first time in its current state.

Gale’s thirst being dialed down to where he can be your bestie is such a huge QoL improvement that it could have been considered its own, stand-alone update.

I love that people playing this for the first time just keep getting a better and better game.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Thundarr posted:

Karlach can be saved if Dammon (the smith in the druid grove) doesn't die, and you bring him enough infernal iron in each of acts 1 and 2 as her personal quest directs.

He's chilling in thr lower city and I did get her fully tuned up but after beating Gortash she acts like she's about to keel over or explode any second and just gives a heart breaking speech about yea he's dead but so is she, so I figured I missed something.

I also figure I can finish lae'zels quest once I actually go to the brain pool?

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
the Underdark is trivialized by picking up Sovereign Glut (the mushroom dude). It has a ton of HP can can rez a spore zombie to help you too.

Glut can help you with every fight in that zone. You can enter through the Zhentarim basement, go to the myconid village and get Glut and then all the combat in the Underdark zone is pretty easy.

This way I was able to hit level 5 on my Honour playthrough before doing some of the harder fights.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

exquisite tea posted:

You can do the whole of the Underdark and Grymforge without advancing the Grove storyline, it's the Mountain Pass you gotta watch out for.

You can do all the Underdark for sure but going to Grymforge triggers the Grove the same as going to the Mountain Pass does, I'm like 90% sure.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Monathin posted:

You can do all the Underdark for sure but going to Grymforge triggers the Grove the same as going to the Mountain Pass does, I'm like 90% sure.

I don't believe so but I could be wrong.

If you long rest after starting Grymforge then the plot stuff (Nere) advances, so you probably want to wait and do Grymforge all in one go. Or not.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

Monathin posted:

I’m pretty sure it’s just the elevator past that into act 2 that moves things forward. Minthara even has dialogue in the goblin camp if you’ve already dealt with Nere.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Monathin posted:

No, it's taking the elevator up from Grymforge that triggers it. You can do all the quests in there safely without advancing the Grove questline.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Snake Maze posted:

I’m pretty sure it’s just the elevator past that into act 2 that moves things forward. Minthara even has dialogue in the goblin camp if you’ve already dealt with Nere.

It's definitely the elevator that moves things forwards. I've done the entirety of Grymforge before dealing with the goblin leaders a number of times.

Grym's pretty easy if you have a throwing character and pick up a certain weapon from the goblin trader.

Antiquated Pants
Feb 23, 2011

Oh god I'm so lonely in here...
:negative:

Just poppin' in to say GOTY Babyyy!

I took a break after getting my Durge run (2nd playthrough) to Act 3, then hearing about patches that break act 3 saves and all that. Since patch 5 came out, I did a full reinstall for stability and I'm getting ready to jump back in!

After spending time (roughly) catching up on the old thread and peeping all the new info from this one, I didn't notice the ever-growing list of Larian-sponsored Bardsongs. It's up to 6 now, enjoy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SrDXjsol2U

The Karlarch Song :syoon: :syoon:

cheat at solitaire
Jun 25, 2023
Is there any way to get the Gnolls in Moonrise Towers on your side as Durge? In my first playthrough I convinced them to kill their slaver. One of the gnolls told me they recognized me and looked forward to fighting at my side again, but when I went to raid the tower they were nowhere to be found. Was it just a bit of flavor text, or can they actually show up?

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

twistedmentat posted:

He's chilling in thr lower city and I did get her fully tuned up but after beating Gortash she acts like she's about to keel over or explode any second and just gives a heart breaking speech about yea he's dead but so is she, so I figured I missed something.

I also figure I can finish lae'zels quest once I actually go to the brain pool?

That's normal. She's got a lot to let out in that moment, but as long as Dammon's done everything he can you'll still get the option to not let her die in the end. A couple of different ways, even.

Lae'zel doesn't finish up until after you head to the pool, yeah.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

cheat at solitaire posted:

Is there any way to get the Gnolls in Moonrise Towers on your side as Durge? In my first playthrough I convinced them to kill their slaver. One of the gnolls told me they recognized me and looked forward to fighting at my side again, but when I went to raid the tower they were nowhere to be found. Was it just a bit of flavor text, or can they actually show up?

They have showed up for me in my two runs after helping them out. They come in from the side door on the left

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I've been eyeing the Lone Wolf mod, since my friend and I had a blast doing co-op Divinity Original Sin 2 with the optional Lone Wolf perk, which limits your party to 2, down from 4, in exchange for some very strong buffs. So this mod does the same kinda thing

But I worry, how unbalanced does it look to you guys? Having twice as much xp, twice as many spell sots, twice as many feats... it seems like overkill, to me, idk if anyone here tried the mod out and could offer a report?

quote:

Tweaks:
2x XP to improve solo and duo experience
L20 max. level, but do not exceed 12 on any single class or it will bug!
Like similar mods, take the 12th level of you class as the last level (level 20) or it could bug.
Increased carry capacity
Extra feat at level 2 or level 3 for all classes
Double actions, bonus actions, spell slots and sorcery points

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Lone Wolf was overpowered in DOS2 and this game is easier. It's your game so do what you want but you're having some cheats as a treat.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
I haven’t played it but double exp and double actions and bonus actions seems like it would be easier than a regular 4 man party.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I think the biggest theoretical drawback to doing a Lone Wolf run in this game would be only having 1/4 of the perception checks. You'd be blowing yourself up on a whole lot of traps. Soloing encounters seems more than doable though, I've seen solo Open Hand Monks just steamroll everything.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
I’m pretty certain people have already finished the game on tactician with one character without any mods. Not sure why, since the party banter and interactions is a huge parrt of the charm of the game for me, but they’ve done it.

cheat at solitaire
Jun 25, 2023

Trevor Hale posted:

They have showed up for me in my two runs after helping them out. They come in from the side door on the left

That's where I expected them to come from, but I checked and that room was empty during and after the battle. But if they showed up for you I probably just got unlucky and had a bug, that playthrough was a few patches ago. Fingers crossed they'll show up this time.

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

I think the biggest theoretical drawback to doing a Lone Wolf run in this game would be only having 1/4 of the perception checks. You'd be blowing yourself up on a whole lot of traps. Soloing encounters seems more than doable though, I've seen solo Open Hand Monks just steamroll everything.

Finally a case for Dungeon Delver! not really

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago

exquisite tea posted:

On the other hand traveling solo means you don't need to worry about your party members running into the trap and setting it off before you can disarm it, so you might still end up avoiding more traps over all.