Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Ohhhh ok ty, I prob have some then but didnt realize

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Ethiser posted:

You get the stuff for Navy reputation from fighting ship battles. but for some reason you can't send it straight to your cargo. You have to find it in your inventroy and send it to cargo manually.

You can right click it on the rewards screen and send it to cargo, but yeah it would just go straight there ideally

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
The initial reviews did say that raising reputation with the Naval vendor was by far the hardest, you probably want to dump all possible cargos on them first before seeing what everyone else wants.

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

deep dish peat moss posted:

:argh: I think I'll just toybox my ship to max rank and avoid the random battles where possible. The combat is for sure more fun than the usual Owlcat side combat systems but not when you're facing 4+ ships that can all knock half your hull off every turn

"Kill all enemies" works for space combat. :hmmyes:

I like those fights but I ran into one in act 2 that had like five ships that were individually substantially more powerful than mine and I ripped the e-brake on em because the alternative was letting my capital world get raided by space drow.

pentyne posted:

The initial reviews did say that raising reputation with the Naval vendor was by far the hardest, you probably want to dump all possible cargos on them first before seeing what everyone else wants.

They only want special cargo that no one else will take and that I haven't learned where to get yet.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Reclaimer posted:

"Kill all enemies" works for space combat. :hmmyes:

I like those fights but I ran into one in act 2 that had like five ships that were individually substantially more powerful than mine and I ripped the e-brake on em because the alternative was letting my capital world get raided by space drow.

That's probably one of the fights called out as being unbalanced as gently caress in reviews. It's wild that since the alpha they've kept reducing the difficulty of ship combat and are still at a point of some absolute bullshit encounters where even dropping it to story is barely enough to manage the problems much less taking less then 20-30 minutes.

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019

Further Reading posted:

No orcs at all.

Shameful display !

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019

pentyne posted:

Naval loot is wholly separate from regular loot. The Explorator faction does have some token ship upgrades for sale ; but mostly it's a simple beat ships/loot dead ships/trade dead ship loot to the Imperial Nav for ship upgrades/beat bigger ships loop.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Further Reading posted:

There's necrons and genestealers too. Also some wildlife. No orcs at all. That's all I'm aware of.

Orks.

The K is very important.

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019

wiegieman posted:

Orks.

The K is very important.

Oh come on, you can say "orc", the Tolkien estate is not that hung up o

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Terrible Opinions posted:

I don't buy any of the ignorance talk. The second most common emotion you see in imperial named characters is glee at killing or maiming their underlings. Right behind grim resignation.

Yeah, I'm going to kind of need you to come up with a number of notable examples of this. The most notable Imperial characters I can think of - from various lore and books - tend to be a variety of commissars - none of whom are somehow gleeful about shooting suboordinates (and in fact generally don't do that much if at all, as opposed to the joke about that rank) - and various Space Marines of varying ranks. Who in some instances might enjoy fighting among themselves but that's more just the whole martial honor thing. What you described in regards to those is almost entirely limited to ones from legions that fell to Chaos. I'm less familiar with the Inquisitor characters, so maybe you're pulling from there, but that's a small fraction of major Imperial characters, and also literally the worst section of the Imperium.

The Imperium's bad enough without just making poo poo up on top of it.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Kobal2 posted:

Oh come on, you can say "orc", the Tolkien estate is not that hung up o

Orks don't know what a "C" is and trust it about as much as they trust a "th" phoneme. It's one of those shifty letters, one thing and then the other. Not proppa.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

That one Officer Heroic Action upgrade that lets you pass around the bonus is loving busted.
Why yes, I would like to have my whole team act at the same time, why do you ask?

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Jack Trades posted:

That one Officer Heroic Action upgrade that lets you pass around the bonus is loving busted.
Why yes, I would like to have my whole team act at the same time, why do you ask?

Officer is completely busted in general. It's so far and above the other classes. If you've got Officer MC + Cassia you can give something like 6-8 turns between the two of them.

Needless to say, I've yet to be threatened by anything.

Also yes, the Imperium is bad, but some people in here are making it sound like Chaos x2. It's not. The vast majority of the planets are pretty normal places that aren't too far off Earth. Hell, some are even better than what we've got currently. Very few places are like Necromunda, you just hear about them more because that's where most of the stories happen in. I'm now almost done with the game as an Iconoclast, and you can do a pretty good job of fixing up the Kronos Sector.

Rookersh fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Dec 11, 2023

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

The concept of romancing Cass is kind of funny, because isn't her whole thing that everyone around her feels every emotion she feels? So if you romanced her and she fell in love with you your ship would inevitably turn into some kind of wild orgy and Slaanesh would definitely take over.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

The concept of romancing Cass is kind of funny, because isn't her whole thing that everyone around her feels every emotion she feels? So if you romanced her and she fell in love with you your ship would inevitably turn into some kind of wild orgy and Slaanesh would definitely take over.

You say that as if it would be a bad thing.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I have the sudden urge to eat rear end. I haven't seen the captain and Cass for almost two hours now.

What are you up to, Pas?

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

I'm going to soilder on because Owlcat has made most of a good game here and once he finishes it I think it will be great.

But jesus the space port is draining my will as I've had multiple breaking bugs, the guy running into the wall, my dudes turn not ending so couldn't proceed etc.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

What are the correct holy rites procedure when it comes to rear end eating for the emperor?

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Rookersh posted:

Officer is completely busted in general. It's so far and above the other classes. If you've got Officer MC + Cassia you can give something like 6-8 turns between the two of them.

Also yes, the Imperium is bad, but some people in here are making it sound like Chaos x2. It's not. The vast majority of the planets are pretty normal places that aren't too far off Earth. Hell, some are even better than what we've got currently. Very few places are like Necromunda, you just hear about them more because that's where most of the stories happen in. I'm now almost done with the game as an Iconoclast, and you can do a pretty good job of fixing up the Kronos Sector.

What spells do you use on cassia besides the ones that make people move?

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

SHISHKABOB posted:

What spells do you use on cassia besides the ones that make people move?
She gets a talent that makes enemies take damage every time she makes them move. It doesn't scale as well as e.g. Idira's psy powers but it's enough to wipe out tons of chaff enemies really easily and do decent damage to tough enemies while also denying them cover bonuses.

E: especially combined with the Guardian staff that makes her first power used each turn not go on cool down

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Dec 11, 2023

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

I took one that makes people fight, seems OK doesn't trigger that often.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

She gets a talent that makes enemies take damage every time she makes them move. It doesn't scale as well as e.g. Idira's psy powers but it's enough to wipe out tons of chaff enemies really easily and do decent damage to tough enemies while also denying them cover bonuses.

E: especially combined with the Guardian staff that makes her first power used each turn not go on cool down

Yeah I was interested in what to take after that. I think I gave her master tactician for some reason but I was overloaded by the options.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

SHISHKABOB posted:

Yeah I was interested in what to take after that. I think I gave her master tactician for some reason but I was overloaded by the options.

I also went Master Tactician on her, and one of the upgrades you can get for the MT heroic/desperate measure lets you use it every turn. I also took Press the Advantage (extra damage on next attack for every stack of Tactical Advantage) and then took talents that grant more stacks of Tactical Advantage (Hidden Advantage, Against All Odds, Joint Offensive) and then In The Hero's Footsteps to give her a bonus 2 AP turn every time an ally uses a heroic act.

Not sure if that's the best possible setup but she can poo poo out huge damage on demand now

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Lord Koth posted:

Yeah, I'm going to kind of need you to come up with a number of notable examples of this. The most notable Imperial characters I can think of - from various lore and books - tend to be a variety of commissars - none of whom are somehow gleeful about shooting suboordinates (and in fact generally don't do that much if at all, as opposed to the joke about that rank) - and various Space Marines of varying ranks. Who in some instances might enjoy fighting among themselves but that's more just the whole martial honor thing. What you described in regards to those is almost entirely limited to ones from legions that fell to Chaos. I'm less familiar with the Inquisitor characters, so maybe you're pulling from there, but that's a small fraction of major Imperial characters, and also literally the worst section of the Imperium.

The psychotic cleanse-the-heretic-in-holy-fire poo poo is largely reserved for the aptly-named Cult Imperialis and factions aligned with it, like puritan Inquisitors of the Ordos Xenos and Hereticus (the Ordo Malleus tend to have the least awful puritans because they're at least usually called in to deal with obvious, serious threats to reality), and Space Marine chapters like the Black Templars. Argentia is really uncommonly nice for an Ecclesiarchy footsoldier, and then there's the paramilitary fanatics like the Redemptionists.

Certain temples of the Officio Assassinorum are also pretty spectacularly off their rocker - Eversor Assassins are known for being amongst the few warriors in the galaxy who can routinely out-psycho Khorne Berserkers.

Darth Walrus fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Dec 11, 2023

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I gave her the thing with the zones which I am actually liking and puts all the movement and positioning stuff on her.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

I also went Master Tactician on her, and one of the upgrades you can get for the MT heroic/desperate measure lets you use it every turn. I also took Press the Advantage (extra damage on next attack for every stack of Tactical Advantage) and then took talents that grant more stacks of Tactical Advantage (Hidden Advantage, Against All Odds, Joint Offensive) and then In The Hero's Footsteps to give her a bonus 2 AP turn every time an ally uses a heroic act.

Not sure if that's the best possible setup but she can poo poo out huge damage on demand now

Ok, I wasn't sure if tactical advantage affected the damage when moving thing she does? I guess there's no reason it shouldn't, other than it not being a direct attack.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Darth Walrus posted:

If you're wondering why any sane, intelligent person would choose to embrace Chaos, other people did already allude to it, but the grand prize is becoming a daemon prince. You get to be an immortal demigod with an entire section of reality (a planet at the absolute minimum) to turn into your own personal playground, and nobody to answer to except the Chaos Gods themselves, who are mostly content to leave you to do your own thing unless you're stupid enough to try to usurp them (which, admittedly, a lot of daemon princes are, despite it always being a terrible idea that ends terribly).

The path to becoming a prince is insanely long, difficult, and treacherous, with only one in tens of billions making it all the way, but it's a genuine offer that's open to everyone, from the lowliest underhive muties to the flowers of Imperial aristocracy (and pretty much every kind of sapient xenos as well, of course), and the rewards are exactly as rad as they sound. I would assume that if you play your cards right, it's the 'good ending' for the Hereticus route, and it certainly offers you more power, freedom and security than anything a Dogmatic or Iconoclast Trader could ever dream of if you don't mind the mountains of corpses (and people who very much wish they were corpses) that you leave in your wake.

This is heresy, do not listen to this post/name combo.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Lord Koth posted:

The Marines Malevolent literally love killing Imperial civilians

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

SHISHKABOB posted:

Ok, I wasn't sure if tactical advantage affected the damage when moving thing she does? I guess there's no reason it shouldn't, other than it not being a direct attack.

It does :hellyeah: She can do 60+ damage on an aoe movement skill by like turn 2 of a battle.

I had a bug where Press the Advantage didn't get automatically added to her (or my other MT's) ability bar so for a while I thought it was supposed to be a passive that wasn't working. I had to open their powers menu in the character screen and drag it onto their ability bars.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Dec 11, 2023

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Rookersh posted:

It's normal until a black ship shows up every century to take 1/10 of all your poo poo, including killing or abducting everyone with the misfortune to be a psyker to feed them to a dead guy's soul or make then forever live a life of forced military service

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
40k convos always eventually turn into a measuring of which faction is the most/least evil and the answer always is and always will be the tyranids are pretty cute.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Tyranids are cringe!!!!!!!!!!!

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

The tau are the good guys. :goonsay:

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Communist Bear posted:

This is heresy, do not listen to this post/name combo.

He's right.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Dandywalken posted:

Tyranids are cringe!!!!!!!!!!!

cringe is often a cute quality 🥰

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Further Reading posted:

No orcs at all.

gently caress

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
The good guys are Chaos, followed closesly by Dark Eldar with Orkz in a distant third place

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Noted good guys the [checks notes] dark eldar.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
anyway i just finished the inheritance quest and this game is good, some might even say, goat'd
thank you for the profit factor, mysterious heir

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Commoragh is a cosmopolitan utopia where aliens and humans of any type may congregate