Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Remember the panic about TikTok being Chinese owned? Congratulations, you're more security aware than the US security recruiting apparatus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

This Christmas I'm Grinching for Palestine

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

laughin at AJE showing the pacman tunnel parody video among others

Oglethorpe has issued a correction as of 23:00 on Dec 11, 2023

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
personally i think that when a nation says theyre going to exterminate arabs and then proceed to do so, without consequences from both western and regional powers, it might even be psychologically positive to see the genocidal army get punished by guerilla forces, as an arab, since the rest of the world has given thumbs up to unlimited arab genocide. it might make you feel as though your people still have hope in a world trying to eliminate them

you crackers probably cant handle it though

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

moths posted:

There were some effective done-dropped grenades in the early days. These would presumably deter those, but from this angle it's hard to tell .

The way these guys never get out of the vehicle I'm pretty sure a drone could just fly under it

Leandros
Dec 14, 2008

Frosted Flake posted:

This is parenthetically something I wonder about Israel's conscript army, because power washing out the blood and recovering human remains is very, very hard on the REMEs. I know they had a lot of issues in 2010 when it seemed like LAVs and RGs were getting blown up every week, and they had to tear down the vehicles to repair or scrap them, while recovering whatever parts of the crew were in there.

What would be the point of washing these husks anyway? Any quench hardening on the alloys will be undone by slowly cooling off naturally after the fire is gone.

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.
I mean if Israeli troops are showing footage of burned out Namers, and Namers are adapted Merkava hulls, then it stands to reason that the Merkavas are also being penetrated and wrecked by RPG hits

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Leandros posted:

What would be the point of washing these husks anyway? Any quench hardening on the alloys will be undone by slowly cooling off naturally after the fire is gone.

Power wash them and send them to Ukraine

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

tatankatonk posted:

I mean if Israeli troops are showing footage of burned out Namers, and Namers are adapted Merkava hulls, then it stands to reason that the Merkavas are also being penetrated and wrecked by RPG hits

Exactly, and even if no one dies in those attacks, that is still one less war machine capable of mass killing civilians.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

tatankatonk posted:

the vehicle in that clip was not a Namer. the soldier in the clip identifies it as an "Achzarit" (the female form of "cruel" in hebrew). it's the same idea of turning a tank into an APC but a much older design, built from captured T-55s. I don't know if they've been fitted with anti missile systems.
He also says something about it being a miracle so I assume the crew survived.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

i'm not going to make canada or america or the uk a better world, gently caress that, dta dti dtc dttuk

MostlyLucid
Mar 1, 2007

Al! posted:

personally i think that when a nation says theyre going to exterminate arabs and then proceed to do so, without consequences from both western and regional powers, it might even be psychologically positive to see the genocidal army get punished by guerilla forces, as an arab, since the rest of the world has given thumbs up to unlimited arab genocide. it might make you feel as though your people still have hope in a world trying to eliminate them

It's ok, as a white person I am capable of compartmentalising everything and ignoring the violence perpetrated every day to vulnerable populations, especially if it is happening right under my nose, just don't remind me about it because then I might have an emotional response and react in some weird way that makes poo poo worse.

MostlyLucid has issued a correction as of 23:22 on Dec 11, 2023

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

NETANYAHU IS HITLER 2

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://www.politico.eu/article/israeli-tv-sketch-show-brandishes-satire-as-weapon-in-hamas-war/

Israeli TV sketch show brandishes satire as weapon in Hamas war
After years pillorying their own leaders, the comedians are now lampooning the UN, BBC and woke US students.

quote:

TEL AVIV — The show must go on. Even when you are an Israeli TV comedy skit team grappling with the horror of Hamas’ October 7 assault, which killed some 1,200 people in the worst pogrom since the Holocaust.

They found the confidence to start up again when they saw soldiers employing black comedy in their social media posts. “You had all these reservists called up and they still had their smartphones and they started uploading funny poo poo about what stuff they wanted family and friends to send them. If they can make jokes about the situation and they are on the frontlines, we felt we should give it a shot, too,” Reicher continued.

And now, Eretz Nehederet is not only back in action but has caught global attention with its sharp-edged lampooning of what it sees — along with most Israelis — as slanted Western news coverage. The BBC got a drubbing for automatically assuming Israel was behind the deadly explosion in October at Al-Ahli Arab Hospital in Gaza City, when the cause was likely a rocket misfired from inside Gaza.

An Eretz Nehederet sketch that’s gone viral globally depicts a BBC news anchor arbitrarily raising the number of casualties from the hospital blast. It also features a Middle East correspondent, named Harry Whiteguilt, announcing he’s reporting from the “illegal colony” of Tel Aviv.

In the skit, Hamas is described as “the most credible not terrorist organization in the world.” Whiteguilt disappoints the anchor by saying Hamas has admitted it was responsible for the blast, but that receives only the begrudging response, “Well, I guess we’ll never know what happened.” Later, the anchor and Whiteguilt concur that Israel is still at fault because its economic blockade on the coastal enclave has meant Palestinian factions were unable to obtain the quality parts to manufacture accurate rockets.

CLARIFICATION: This story has been amended to remove a quote.

edit oh this is the same show that did the columbia university woke student sketch, cool

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

NeonPunk posted:

Hasn't South Africa been extremely vocal and diplomatically support Palestine too? It would be super great if they all also got in the action too

Fortunately global warming is clearing up the Northwest Passage. Mistakes into miracles!

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

tatankatonk posted:

Namers are more up-armored than Merkavas, even. The whole idea behind the Namer concept was that you can just take the turret off of a Merkava and make up the difference in weight with more armor.

Leandros
Dec 14, 2008

Wait didn't everyone accidentally cauterise their senses as an early teen by visiting places like ogrish and rotten before Google took off and the web was still mostly found through word of mouth? just kidding, it actually seared horror into my brain that can be readily recalled 20 years later

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Leandros posted:

Wait didn't everyone accidentally cauterise their senses as an early teen by visiting places like ogrish and rotten before Google took off and the web was still mostly found through word of mouth? just kidding, it actually seared horror into my brain that can be readily recalled 20 years later

No

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

i say swears online posted:

https://www.politico.eu/article/israeli-tv-sketch-show-brandishes-satire-as-weapon-in-hamas-war/

After years pillorying their own leaders, the comedians are now lampooning the UN, BBC and woke US students.

edit oh this is the same show that did the columbia university woke student sketch, cool

As comedy writing this would be too blunt for the Daily Caller.

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Al! posted:

I’m not white. I don’t mind that a bunch of people who decided to sign up to commit genocide and mass murder in the name of whiteness are eating poo poo. You’ve clearly got a point though.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Leandros posted:

it was style for me but no im just as soft as i ever was. got grossed out playing a level in half life: alyx recently

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

i say swears online posted:

why are they still bothering with the looney tunes final destination magic bullet hamas nuclear rocket misfire cover story about Al-Ahli when they've gone out of their way to destroy or liquidate like two dozen hospitals since without moving the needle on western support or media sympathy?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

CLAM DOWN posted:

i'm not going to make canada or america or the uk a better world, gently caress that, dta dti dtc dttuk

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Namers are more up-armored than Merkavas, even. The whole idea behind the Namer concept was that you can just take the turret off of a Merkava and make up the difference in weight with more armor.

what's the point of apcs for urban combat when you have to have infantry scouting them in the first place or they develop severe "explode due to anti-tank ordnance" syndrome.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Al! posted:

remaining optimistic that the genocidal maniacs of the idf are going to be owned is a positive goal, but a science experiment to see if a certain level of bloodlust is actually positive for the psyche of some will need to be conducted elsewhere

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Harik posted:

what's the point of apcs for urban combat when you have to have infantry scouting them in the first place or they develop severe "explode due to anti-tank ordnance" syndrome.

the apcs usually have guns on them, so you got a mobile machine gun bunker to support the infantry

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

OctaMurk posted:

the apcs usually have guns on them, so you got a mobile machine gun bunker to support the infantry

Infantry supplied separately

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Harik posted:

You still have to drive your guys from their staging areas to the city they're gonna fight in, and that's a lot of open area with no cover that the armor comes in handy for. All the territory that the IDF occupies in Gaza along the four axes is mostly low density agricultural land. Once you're in the city, an APC can provide heavy fire support with their machinegun, but in steel and concrete environments it's more useful to have a 20mm cannon at minimum which can penetrate steel reinforced concrete - which the Namer doesn't have.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

my mind palace can conjure such brutal fangorious violence inflicted on the occupiers the reality of gore videos is frankly disappointing

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

speng31b posted:

remaining optimistic that the genocidal maniacs of the idf are going to be owned is a positive goal, but a science experiment to see if a certain level of bloodlust is actually positive for the psyche of some will need to be conducted elsewhere

"shielding" us from stuff shown on mainstream Arab media in the name of our mental health is some patronizing Western bullshit

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

the last I heard of this a bunch of hindutva reply guys were volunteering and the religious Zionist right was getting antsy at the prospect of brown men whistling at pure Israeli women

They weren't volunteering, Israel asked India to send 50,000 guest workers over and a bunch of weirdos freaked out over it on Twitter for those racist reasons but I think India put the request on read.

sullat has issued a correction as of 23:50 on Dec 11, 2023

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
whenever i see a red triangle now i smile

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

I'm perfectly rotating the puzzle box from Hellraiser in my mind, imagining all the scatalogical tortures the IDF could be submitted to for eternity.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

speng31b posted:

i take issue with classifying cheering on seeing nazis get owned in realtime as simply bloodlust but like i said the crackers cant handle it so its fine to enforce it brutally

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Although I possess the power to make America a better world, I am making the conscious ethical choice to not utilize that power. You're welcome

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/FuknSlammer/status/1734316005332287724?s=20

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Frosted Flake posted:

This is parenthetically something I wonder about Israel's conscript army, because power washing out the blood and recovering human remains is very, very hard on the REMEs. I know they had a lot of issues in 2010 when it seemed like LAVs and RGs were getting blown up every week, and they had to tear down the vehicles to repair or scrap them, while recovering whatever parts of the crew were in there.

power washing a loose finger you found in the trunk down the drain because it’s more hassle than it’s worth to post it to the family and all that goddamned admin

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Mushika posted:

I want to apologize to the thread and everyone who posts in it. I have some bad brain worms, and I allowed that to pollute this very important thread. I'm genuinely sorry for that. I'll try to not let that happen in the future, and I hope you'll all forgive me for making GBS threads up this forum.

Death to Israel, death to America, and death to all those that perpetuate genocide.

drat just saw this, so ends the chain. thank you for being a good sport :cheers:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

If you're American, Canadian, German, or British: ruin your communities the Trashy Tony way.

ineffectually?