Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Mayor Pete, you just won the KcKinsey internship what are you going to do next?
I'm going to Somaliland!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Mister Bates posted:

a man named ‘Buttigieg’ seriously thought he had a chance at the presidency

And it was homophobia to laugh that his name was butt judge

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

HootTheOwl posted:

i still call him butt egg

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

TeenageArchipelago posted:

He also may or may not have changed how his last name was pronounced to be more marketable

But he definitely totally just went on a weekend trip to talk to political leadership in Somaliland, which he wrote about in the NYT. Not CIA at all
was it the NYT that went and found a mayor Buttigieg of some small-to-midsize town wherever the name's from

and that Buttigieg was like "nope, prounounced like butt, lol"

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

HootTheOwl posted:

Mayor Pete, you just won the KcKinsey internship what are you going to do next?
I'm going to Somaliland!

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

pete "won" iowa and now iowa can't host their first-in-the-nation (democrat) caucus anymore

mayor pete killed the iowa caucuses and the dnc rewarded SC for backing their guy

shackleford
Sep 4, 2006

أبو الدجاج Abu-d-dajāj(i)

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020
Stephen Harper playing "I get by with a little help from my friends" on piano after the ndp & libs failed to form a coalition against his minority gov

Gonna call that a regrettable W, honestly

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Buttigieg pretending to speak six languages fluently (or at all) and the entire media apparatus just going well it must be true, he said it.

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Mayor Pete knew that bread prices were broken, so he fixed them

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

TeenageArchipelago posted:

Mayor Pete knew that bread prices were broken, so he fixed them

Buh??

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Milo and POTUS posted:

Cornel West being ew no on pete B

Cornel West babysat Pete B

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Didn't work for me. Twitter sucks now. I guess it did before too

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Mister Bates posted:

a man named ‘Buttigieg’ seriously thought he had a chance at the presidency

lil homie gay rear end

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010
Jim Webb running for the Democratic nomination in 2016 by saying you should vote for him because he killed a man

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Animal-Mother posted:

Cornel West babysat Pete B

https://x.com/WatchDetroiters/status/1689316253100384279?s=20

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Mister Bates posted:

Jim Webb running for the Democratic nomination in 2016 by saying you should vote for him because he killed a man

the most honest presidential candidate in history

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Mister Bates posted:

What can I say, the implied threat got my implied support

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

HootTheOwl posted:

Peter Buttchug

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Buttigieg Blasts America

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
CNN cut to Chasten's face on anti gay CIA pills

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

mayo pete basically telling his husband on camera that he wouldn't be gay if he could chose

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Large Testicles posted:

mayo pete basically telling his husband on camera that he wouldn't be gay if he could chose

That's not what he said and it's funny that goons insist on remembering it like that

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Mister Bates posted:

He was so happy about it

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

ben shapino posted:

That's not what he said and it's funny that goons insist on remembering it like that

prove me wrong and i'll admit defeat

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Large Testicles posted:

prove me wrong and i'll admit defeat

he was describing wrestling with his sexuality in high school and early college, a fairly common thing for gay people to experience as they come to terms with who they are in a homophobic society/environment

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/kind-war-buttigieg-describes-struggle-sexual-orientation-emotional-speech-n991871

https://www.rainbow-project.org/internalised-homophobia/

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/feb/08/self-loathing-gay-people-shame

ben shapino has issued a correction as of 08:04 on Dec 11, 2023

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

ben shapino posted:

he was describing wrestling with his sexuality in high school and early college, a fairly common thing for gay people to experience as they come to terms with who they are in a homophobic society/environment

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/kind-war-buttigieg-describes-struggle-sexual-orientation-emotional-speech-n991871

https://www.rainbow-project.org/internalised-homophobia/

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/feb/08/self-loathing-gay-people-shame

Buttigieg's forums account spotted, none of these links are the CNN interview we're talking about and you're just trying to distract :colbert:

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Private Cumshoe posted:

Buttigieg's forums account spotted, none of these links are the CNN interview we're talking about and you're just trying to distract :colbert:

I would love to see the interview if you have a link

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

the Israeli dude getting hit in the face with a chair before turning to the dude next to him, grabbing his nipple and hugging him

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

ben shapino posted:

Every time this comes up you point this out, and every time you point this out I’ll remind you that everyone understands what he was trying to say, but just like Mike pence and the horse, we choose to understand it in the awkward and weird way it came out of his mouth, because it’s funnier that way

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Every time this comes up you point this out, and every time you point this out I’ll remind you that everyone understands what he was trying to say, but just like Mike pence and the horse, we choose to understand it in the awkward and weird way it came out of his mouth, because it’s funnier that way

But Mike Pence literally does have sex with horses

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

remembering this phrase from an article I read a few days ago
GOP lawmaker: Ousted aides targeted my daughter for OnlyFans account

www.politico.com posted:

Williams declined to comment on the specifics behind the dismissals of Gordon and Sweeney. A person with direct knowledge of the personnel matter, granted anonymity to discuss internal office dynamics, said that Sweeney was fired for reasons related to job performance.

After Sweeney recorded the lawmaker during their argument outside the holiday party, Williams said the former aide delivered a personal jab at the lawmaker: “Hey, f–k you! Guess what, bitch? All I have to do is pay $7 to watch your daughter shove her phone up her p—y!”

One eyewitness of the skirmish, however, could not confirm that version of events and recalled seeing Williams leave the area right after knocking Sweeney’s phone out of his hands. This eyewitness, granted anonymity to share recollections of the tense moment, added that the scene was loud and crowded so a comment might have been missed.

Williams’ critics have noted that he has faced multiple staff departures beyond Gordon and Sweeney since taking office. According to the nonpartisan website Legistorm found that he has had three times more turnover than the average House member.

Williams argued that he reshaped his office culture after settling into Congress, removing hires that Gordon had initially made, and said he’s now surrounded by a team he is proud of.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Happy his daughter doesn't follow in her dad's footsteps and got a honest job

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
bush expertly dodging the shoes

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
https://twitter.com/cenkuygur/status/719605586053242880

Grimnarsson
Sep 4, 2018

Best Friends posted:

Buttigieg pretending to speak six languages fluently (or at all) and the entire media apparatus just going well it must be true, he said it.

Who among us hasn't watched Narcos/Sopranos thinking "this a-make me fluent in habla Espanyol/Eyetagliano"?

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

ben shapino posted:

I would love to see the interview if you have a link

You probably had it scrubbed Mr. Secretary, but I get it it was for the wife

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Trump NFTs

and I might have imagine some lib response of "Never for trumps"

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

HootTheOwl posted:

Trump NFTs

and I might have imagine some lib response of "Never for trumps"

David Hogg launches liberal competitor to MyPillow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Grimnarsson posted:

Who among us hasn't watched Narcos/Sopranos thinking "this a-make me fluent in habla Espanyol/Eyetagliano"?

I'll allow it, for my cultural delegation.