Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

zetamind2000 posted:

Bill Carr, your time is now

SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIELD

https://youtu.be/GvHoYVxJpKk?si=JgckcyqoPN7n4c5h&t=117

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

JUNGLE BOY posted:

tony khan should spend the rest of his dads money reassembling the shield in aew

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Their Wrestle Kingdom 10 match was phenomenal.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x86w92j

The next match in that playlist is Nak vs Ibushi :suspense:

I miss "King of Strong Style" Nakamura. :smith:

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

This match was so good

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Soul Glo posted:

This match was so good

Wasn't that when Braun got put in a trash compactor then teleported to a different trash compactor lol

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

He’s always been a good wrestler, he’s just a gigantic boob. Somewhat similar to a Brian Cage.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
Cage isn't doing "joker going through a midlife crisis" gimmick so I'll take Cage any day.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Brian Cage seems like he’d be way more fun to hang out with than Seth Rollins

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

AV/post combo

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Let Drew go to AEW so that he and PAC can just murder people and live together under a bridge. I guess they can also wrestle sometimes.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

quote:

- Jey Uso promo

- Jey Uso vs. Drew McIntyre

- Nakamura vignette

- Judgment Day backstage

- Maxxine Dupri-Ivy Nile segment

- Rhea Ripley vs. Maxxine Dupri

- CM Punk promo

- Bronson Reed vs. Ivar

- Judgment Day promo

- Katana Chance & Kayden Carter vs. Candice LeRae & Indi Hartwell

- Becky Lynch promo

- SPOILER TAG TEAM MATCH

- Cody Rhodes vs. Shinsuke Nakamura

BACKSTAGE NEWS

- Natalya vs. Elektra Lopez is scheduled for the WWE Main Event tapings

- Von Wagner is scheduled for the WWE Main Event tapings against Edris Enofe

- Shawn Bennett is set for the main event referee assignment.

- Valhalla is also listed for the show.

SPOILERS

- The main event segment is set for three segments

- The women's matches are slated for one segment each, the men's are slated for two, besides the main event.

- Ivy Nile is slated to accompany Maxxine to the ring

- Piper Niven & Chelsea Green are scheduled for commentary during the women's tag team match.

- SPOILER TAG: DIY & Miz vs. Imperium

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

JUNGLE BOY posted:

tony khan should spend the rest of his dads money reassembling the shield in aew

Tony would rather collect all of the former NXT champions

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

RIP Cody
https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1734397726853407108?s=20

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Are they gonna do that thing they always do nowadays where some people have to fight in qualifying matches to get into the Rumble while other people can just declare they're in it on twitter randomly?

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Did they really have Punk apologize for "walking out" on WWE ten years ago? lmfao Jesus they're putting this dude through the wringer

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1734394801053733196?t=7DyqPgs4I-8m-wlWGI0r5Q&s=19

The newest Raw superstar, CM Punk, is home! Now we're COOKING 🔥

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I don't hear an apology?

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Did they really have Punk apologize for "walking out" on WWE ten years ago? lmfao Jesus they're putting this dude through the wringer

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1734394801053733196?t=7DyqPgs4I-8m-wlWGI0r5Q&s=19

The newest Raw superstar, CM Punk, is home! Now we're COOKING 🔥

Are those cheers piped it? They all sound the same

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Seth and Becky are most likely gonna re-sign but I imagine they listen to AEW deals just to drive up the price. Drew I can easily see walking given how they've treated him

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Intruder posted:

I don't hear an apology?

well it needs to be as loud as the disrespect you see

Anyway, I'm just going by the F4W recap.

F4W posted:

Ten years ago he had to take himself off the hamster wheel and make the hardest decision of his life. He always wondered if people in the building were disappointed in him when he left. He just spoke with Indi (Hartwell) backstage and she felt betrayed as a kid. He told her a story of when he saw Roddy Piper appear on WCW and felt the same way as her as a young fan. If anyone watching this was disappointed when he walked out he understood and he apologized.

Another recap highlight that just made me laugh:

F4W posted:

There was a recap of Drew McIntyre’s actions last week. Jey Uso entered (wearing a Yeet t-shirt) and the announcers ran down tonight’s card. The crowd chanted, “Yeet.”

Jey said he got “Yeet” back and was excited about that.

jey said he got "yeet" back and was excited about that

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Another recap highlight that just made me laugh:

jey said he got "yeet" back and was excited about that

But didn’t he get fired? Wasn’t that the whole reason punk hated wwe for the past ten years???!!!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
My interpretation was that he walked under circumstances that would ruin anyone else but he's such a big star and wwe wanted him so bad that he can just walk right back into his old spot

Which doesn't jive with the story of him trying to come back before signing with aew but it's a promo so whatever

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Drakkel posted:

Are they gonna do that thing they always do nowadays where some people have to fight in qualifying matches to get into the Rumble while other people can just declare they're in it on twitter randomly?

yep looking forward to a few weeks of Ricochet Is A Nerd, Look At How Much Of A Nerd He Is

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

Ganso Bomb posted:

He’s always been a good wrestler, he’s just a gigantic boob. Somewhat similar to a Brian Cage.

Being in the Fed, he always has to try to have a gimmick, and it is always the most cringe thing possible.

I can't imagine he leaves. He's a company man and his wife is there.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

maruhkati posted:

Being in the Fed, he always has to try to have a gimmick, and it is always the most cringe thing possible.

They might leave together. What is really left for Becky to do? Who else can she wrestle? Short of Sasha Banks coming back and getting the 4-way 4 Horsewomen match at Mania 41, what does she have left to do?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

maruhkati posted:

I remember when people were dunking on tyler black for his cringey emo thrashdancing

Dude has always been a massive goober

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Cody's gonna finish the story in a midcard Mania night 1 match against Nakamura

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

rotinaj posted:

I am similarly a fan of 80s sets, but I would prefer if they would look like this

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

The real bidding war of 2024

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I honestly would have never guessed an USO would get a singles main event push. They both seem very bland just like their dad Roman.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Holy :laffo:

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Hot take: I actually like how Seth is trying to continue the Gorgeous George obnoxious flamboyant wrestler tradition, and playing it mostly straight.

I'd take a loud obnoxious Rollins with all the pageantry and bullshit over a boring 5 foot 9 dude like Ricochet doing another flip.

I want good in ring skills and good pageantry and Seth offers both. Is he a little too much sometimes yeah, but overall he's managed to consistently entertain me more than most of the roster.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/DorbyAllen/status/1734393923408368053

Jade isn't ready though.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Look, I want to see you do better when your body is filled with sand and you have no spatial awareness, no concept of time or timing and can't comprehend movement.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

This is Maxxine's second ever singles match, and also only her sixth match overall.

I know the answer is 'lol WWE' but why the gently caress are you putting her on TV like this?

And if you're doing this, why ain't it a twenty-second squash by Rhea?

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
brand contract signings were bad in the 00s and I hate that they think it is a Good Thing to do, even for Phil

so now that punk has announced he is in the rumble a good month in advance and heavily implied he will win and face Seth, that means he isn't going to win the rumble surely

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

britishbornandbread posted:

that means he isn't going to win the rumble surely

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Giving him a rumble win after he came crawling back on his hands and knees doesn’t feel very WWE, they’ve got no reason to appease him since it’s very clear they hold all the cards this time around.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva

Dunno if that submission has been around for a while but it's awesome and she makes it look awesome

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Some day Jade Cargill might be that good :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps

I guess I am still not over bret not winning 97