Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Endorph posted:

it was like

kase: i cant move in with you.. until i finish things with my senpai...
yamada: okay but can you liek sign the lease. we need a down payment
kase: i cant... until i finish things with my senpai

*five chapters later*

yamada: someone else scooped the apartment
kase: i need to finish things with my senpai

Dick move

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Metis of the Hallway posted:

lol I think I stopped reading it after they got together. why would kase-san do that!

Same, the like college story didn't have the same vibe so I checked out. Sounds like that was the right move.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Chapter 0: High Concept Cupids with Guns
Chapter 1: Sudden Final Destination Death Scene

lol

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Thoughts on She Loves to Cook, She Loves to Eat:

Oof I feel like I feel seen as someone who has a difficult relationship with my family and food I liked how the manga-ka portrays each character's struggles. Also, this is low-key motivating me to learn basic cooking skills in a way since I'm not really great at it now.

I feel like as someone who is Asian and the eldest daughter it's a lot of stress just to exist and how Asian families tend to neglect the role of women in life unless it's for housework. Also, neat to see a cool asexual representation once her friend mentioned it during their convo :3:

It's kind of random but I wish it were possible for me to visit my online friends IRL too but they all live so far away :shobon:

Also, I almost forgot how average people use Twitter and aren't trying to sell me something or endless self-promotion exists in this world. I keep thinking that I've never really interacted with someone who is just a hobbyist and is not going to start selling me pots and pans in the middle of a chat.

Alder fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Dec 7, 2023

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
I wasn't expecting it to go such a thoughtful direction but it's much better than manufactured relationship drama. Yuri isn't a competition.....

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009
rules, thank you. if you die without falling in love you get drafted into the skeleton cupid war

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012

Just from the sheer number of panels involved in picking up the food, you could tell what was going to happen

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

God help me, but I could only laugh at the bit with the rebar. You know the bit, oh my.

KariOhki
Apr 22, 2008

Endorph posted:

has anyone kept up with kase-san. why did kase-san making yamada lose out on a good tokyo apartment with decent rent go so uncommented on.

I remember to see if there's been any updates like twice a year and catch up then like going back to look at a still smoldering trainwreck. It started out so good but since the college arc hit it seems to continue making up situations to challenge their relationship while also not developing either of them. Yamada still mostly a doormat, Kase still not honest with people about dating a girl but also super jealous anytime Yamada has interest in anyone else (including a guy at one point that she idolized cause he was a gardening TV star or something)

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
thats realism to me

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Sounds miserable tbh

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
im glad i read stuff about office ladies than whatever that is

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
i want office ladies that are toxic jealous bitches to each other. is that too much to ask

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Ohtori Akio posted:

i want office ladies that are toxic jealous bitches to each other. is that too much to ask

https://dynasty-scans.com/series/black_white

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

:cheers:

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
Alright....this is epic.

chrome line
Oct 13, 2022

Oh this rules

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
im glad its updating again, its been like 2 years

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
This is so girlboss. I'm weeping and sobbing. It's beautiful.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Snooze Cruise posted:

im glad its updating again, its been like 2 years

I kinda assumed it just had a 5 chapter or so run.

Very cool surprise to have another volume to read.

chrome line
Oct 13, 2022
I guess the mangaka took a break to do Ayaka is in love with Hiroko?

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.
It's got an official translation as well, although right now the fan translation is a few chapters ahead of it.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Ohtori Akio posted:

This is so girlboss. I'm weeping and sobbing. It's beautiful.

I have spent the last 2 years obsessed with the heel through the wall kabedon so this is an absolute treat

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Black and White is probably my favorite ongoing yuri and I'm so happy it's getting scanlated again

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Thuryl posted:

It's got an official translation as well, although right now the fan translation is a few chapters ahead of it.

Yeahhh, and its probably going to be ahead for a while. Volume 2 is only listed to come out like June next year.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Snooze Cruise posted:

Yeahhh, and its probably going to be ahead for a while. Volume 2 is only listed to come out like June next year.

Tell me about it, I've been waiting this whole time. Volume 2 in Jul 2024 and Volume 3 Jan 2025(!!!). Guess I'll read these scans first.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
official releases are good but i dont think anyone should feel obligated to wait a year to catch up on a comic like this, which i like a normal amount

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i feel sad for anyone who will have to wait for the official releases to meet the older woman 😔

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012

Wow, that's... really violent.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Ohtori Akio posted:

official releases are good but i dont think anyone should feel obligated to wait a year to catch up on a comic like this, which i like a normal amount

Yeah for the record I'm buying the official volumes because it seems like the polite thing to do but I am also reading the scanlations as they come out because, well, they're already an entire volume ahead

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
black and white chapter 12

black and white chapter 6

wow, what foreshadowing

this is just like when joss whedon made it part of the lore that wolverine can smell when people have sex for some reason

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

:eyepop:

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Snooze Cruise posted:

this is just like when joss whedon made it part if the lore that wolverine can smell when people have sex for some reason

It's a silly but realistic power if he really does have a heightened sense of smell. I don't remember, does Wolverine have a heightened sense of smell? Probably a bit off topic.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Kwyndig posted:

It's a silly but realistic power if he really does have a heightened sense of smell. I don't remember, does Wolverine have a heightened sense of smell? Probably a bit off topic.

Yes, he does.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
going to turn this into a Shirakawa Junko kinnie account.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Snooze Cruise posted:

I don't remember if I ever posted this one here, but The Princess of Sylph has been interesting. Falling apart princess x nun. Started off as a bunch of shorts, morph into something with an actual story. This is the serialized version. It has the feel of something like that too, its a bit more idiosyncratic than you typically see with yuri with these fantasy trappings.

CW: Can get more violent you would expect. Also there is a sexual assault bit in chapter 7.

Here is that twitter verison! Note that it will probably spoil some stuff in the serialized version if you read this, though events and stuff might get changed around.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Snooze Cruise posted:

Here is that twitter verison! Note that it will probably spoil some stuff in the serialized version if you read this, though events and stuff might get changed around.

It was interesting reading this after having already read the serialised version. You can definitely see how it evolved as a story over time, and I think it's much better for it having been rewritten.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

A wonderful relationship. Nothing will go wrong.

Metis of the Hallway posted:

It was interesting reading this after having already read the serialised version. You can definitely see how it evolved as a story over time, and I think it's much better for it having been rewritten.

Yeah, its pretty nifty when you can see the evolution of that type of stuff.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Penultimate chapter of Black & White

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
b+w is getting very intense. i'm not sure how this actually wraps up in a chapter.