Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

crepeface posted:

he's a good bus driver. very nice to evac them

he even let Chimaev spar with them!

i say swears online posted:

Update: 8:33 PM Eastern -

We received additional information about what struck the ship as well as the location of the attack. The Strinda was hit by a land-based cruise missile about 60 nautical miles north of the Bab el-Mandab. No one was injured in the attack and no U.S. vessels were near it when the attack occurred, a U.S. official tells us.

nobody was hurt!

good news there at least, get rekt boat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
ooooooOOOOoooohhhh booooyyyy this is big

An American official to Al Jazeera:
The missile attack occurred near Bab al-Mandab and resulted in damage to the ship flying the Norwegian flag

- There was no American warship present during the Houthi missile attack

The US destroyer Mason responded to a distress call from the targeted ship

https://x.com/ajarabic/status/1734405586953900476?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

British Naval Operations Department: An entity identifying itself as from the Yemeni Navy orders a ship to change course to a Yemeni port

https://x.com/ajarabic/status/1734367152994398316?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Weka posted:

Perhaps speng could take this opportunity to clarify this rule, I know they love rules.

sure - I thought the situation was clarified pretty well by zodium already, but i am always happy for some rules clarification.

first of all, al saqr is not under attack for "tone neutral combat updates" so idk where that idea came from. at least not as far as i know. im sure the mods probably see all kinds of crazy reports that i dont know about. but just from my standpoint that obviously doesnt violate any rules.

as far as beyond that - posting gore and death is obviously off limits - and when posting any combat footage at all you are better off linking to it behind a content warning or not posting it at all. posting it inline with no CW will probably get you a sixer, or more if you accidentally miss a few frames of something more graphic and it gets reported.

finally - and this depends heavily on context - generalized bloodlust is against the rules. this is irrespective of posting NWS content. this isn't being assessed based on a value judgment of whether the bloodlust in question is cool or good or justified, it's just against the rules because it will make the thread into gbs aids garbage that gets gassed.

hope that clears it up

PS I will brutally annihilate anyone who seems to be just constantly complaining about being forced to work within these rules, especially if you add some stupid poo poo about how not being able to post certain types of content is hurting the palestinian cause or whatever. it's an internet forum and these are just rules to stop the thread from getting gassed. not praxis.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

yeah guys chill its ok you can follow the news and see the stuff on thr big news channels its not a big deal if its not posted here

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The thread has been mostly cool and chill. I like the news updates from our goon posting friends in the middle east who speak Arabic, and Hebrew, and the posts laughing at IDF soldiers pooping in their diapers.

This is also the only place where no one is trying to justify Israels actions. Holy poo poo has it been an exhausting two months.

Lukeycoon
Nov 16, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

from photos of it, there doesn't seem to be enough space to land a helicopter anywhere on the deck and the only way to board it would be to repel up one of the sides

e:

https://www.vesselfinder.com/vessels/details/9330771

also this page on it features the phrase "ARMS GUARDS ONBD"

https://help.fleetmon.com/en/articles/5151124-what-does-armed-guard-on-board-mean

quote:

Sending "Armed Guard Onboard" in the AIS

Vessels transiting a Piracy High-Risk Area will often send "Armed Guard Onboard" as the Destination in the AIS. This deterrent measure might prevent pirates from knowing their real destination (whether the ship has armed guards onboard or not). The pirates might re-evaluate their plans to attack a vessel. Another benefit: The AIS can stay switched on increasing Maritime Security. The International Maritime Organization (IMO) recommends that the AIS remains active during a piracy event as a safety precaution to allow the counter-piracy naval forces in the area to track the positions of vessels in real time. But the IMO also states that the master can disable the AIS at their discretion if the voyage is threatened or before a piracy event occurs.

Interesting...

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

https://twitter.com/iFezen/status/1734409751222694216

Eminent DNS
May 28, 2007

I said come in! posted:

I like the [...] IDF soldiers pooping in their diapers.

No vore posting

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

not really uncommon for commercial shipping operating in that area (also it transited the straits of malacca , ditto)

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

Al-Saqr posted:

yeah guys chill its ok you can follow the news and see the stuff on thr big news channels its not a big deal if its not posted here

keep

on

posting

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Al-Saqr posted:

keep doing the updates i don't want to watch the big news channels tia

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

crepeface posted:

i mean obviously ill update the news in general but i'll drop the tone neutral bit

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

Al-Saqr posted:

i mean obviously ill update the news in general but i'll drop the tone neutral bit

yeah thats right!

now you can be tone positive!

e.g. "Hamas ensured that 5 grown Israeli men wont have to wear diapers anymore!"

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
not great

https://twitter.com/melissaeweiss/status/1734382602524426346

ProfessorBooty
Jan 25, 2004

Amulet of the Dark

Biden threatening Jews!?!

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

I said come in! posted:

The thread has been mostly cool and chill. I like the news updates from our goon posting friends in the middle east who speak Arabic, and Hebrew, and the posts laughing at IDF soldiers pooping in their diapers.

This is also the only place where no one is trying to justify Israels actions. Holy poo poo has it been an exhausting two months.

this stupid loving website is somehow my last refuge of sanity in the entire world for seemingly weeks or months at a time, jeez louise

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

looks like israel might be throwing in the towel

===

Urgent | Israeli Channel 13, citing an Israeli source: Conditions have ripened for a return to negotiations on a new prisoner exchange deal

https://x.com/aja_egypt/status/1734278210328703254?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

lobster shirt posted:

i am fine with cfombat footage not being posted here, you can go find it all over the internet. thank you.

Asking people to seek out combat footage without knowing what they're asking for or getting into is probably the absolute worst suggestion of all time, they'll be led to sites like liveleak or some poo poo. The still image Al-Saqr posted is absolutely tame compared to the blurred images mainstream media shows, let alone Al Jazeera Arabic or English.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

:thunk:

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Why is it that Israel seems like the kinda country where getting wounded makes you LOSE your veterans benefits, maybe their attitude towards holocaust survivors

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Oglethorpe posted:

Asking people to seek out combat footage without knowing what they're asking for or getting into is probably the absolute worst suggestion of all time, they'll be led to sites like liveleak or some poo poo. The still image Al-Saqr posted is absolutely tame compared to the blurred images mainstream media shows, let alone Al Jazeera Arabic or English.

given your rap sheet if you post anymore opinions about combat footage in this thread i will queue a year probation for you

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Al-Saqr posted:

looks like israel might be throwing in the towel

===

Urgent | Israeli Channel 13, citing an Israeli source: Conditions have ripened for a return to negotiations on a new prisoner exchange deal

https://x.com/aja_egypt/status/1734278210328703254?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

diapies have ripened.

also holy poo poo that demented kid-sniffer implicitly threatening american jews and not even realizing what he's saying goddamn

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

Oglethorpe posted:

lmao

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

So he is saying American Jews are in danger and he cant do anything to prevent it?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

lol did biden just threaten american jews and tied their fate to a lovely foreign country thats getting destroyed?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

https://x.com/townhallcom/status/1734353247815483517?s=46

wtf

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Al-Saqr posted:

lol did biden just threaten american jews and tied their fate to a lovely foreign country thats getting destroyed?

Everyone in the comments is reading it that way.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I said come in! posted:

Holy poo poo has it been an exhausting two months.

the posters are tired

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

speng31b posted:

given your rap sheet if you post anymore opinions about combat footage in this thread i will queue a year probation for you

lol theyd just got unprobed for that yesterday too

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Al-Saqr posted:

*Throws up arms angrily* WELL WHAT GOOD ARE THEY IF THEY AREN"T loving UP THE MIDDLE EAST?

MadSparkle
Aug 7, 2012

Can Bernie count on you to add to our chest's mad sparkle? Can you spare a little change for an old buccaneer?

If you don't support this genocide, you're not safe being Jewish?
Could someone please unplug him?

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

blessed

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

jesus loving christ

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
this is what you get for electing a drat papist!!!!!!

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

yemen....based.....

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

I'm just tuning in again here, but am I to take it that the video where a Hamas freedom fighter (who deserves the Order of Lenin) enters VATS and hits an IDF hottie with a fat man projectile is no longer acceptable? If not that's okay because jihad lives in my heart now and no mod could extinguish it

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

crepeface posted:

that, or give us a list of accounts to follow, al-saqr.

Burn Zone posted:

yeah thats right!

now you can be tone positive!

e.g. "Hamas ensured that 5 grown Israeli men wont have to wear diapers anymore!"

lmao

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Biden's remarks would be considered antisemitic by the standards of the universities complaining about antisemitism right now

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

gradenko_2000 posted:

Biden's remarks would be considered antisemitic by the standards of the universities complaining about antisemitism right now

idf is going to have law enforcement powers in the continental US in five... four... threeeeee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

They might say nice things about them