Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

deep dish peat moss posted:

Just make sure to read the install instructions (or this post) - after downloading it from the workshop you still have to download this mod for UnityModManager and put it in AppData\LocalLow\Owlcat Games\Warhammer 40000 Rogue Trader\UnityModManager

For now anyway, I think actual Workshop support right out the box is coming soonish

that is not correct, rogue trader comes bundled with its own unitymodmanager.

just download toybox, extract the archive, rename the folder to `0ToyBox0`, and copy the directory to `%userprofile%\AppData\LocalLow\Owlcat Games\Warhammer 40000 Rogue Trader\UnityModManager\`

couldn't be more simple. just be careful of enabling things like the tab toggle or the non-romance dialogue settings, which are currently broken

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

The Iron Rose posted:

that is not correct, rogue trader comes bundled with its own unitymodmanager.

just download toybox, extract the archive, rename the folder to `0ToyBox0`, and copy the directory to `%userprofile%\AppData\LocalLow\Owlcat Games\Warhammer 40000 Rogue Trader\UnityModManager\`

couldn't be more simple. just be careful of enabling things like the tab toggle or the non-romance dialogue settings, which are currently broken

If you use mods from the steam workshop you have to install the steam workshop mod for unity mod manager but yeah if you download from Nexus you don't need to

FurtherReading
Sep 4, 2007

Is it possible for my Rogue Trader to be gross and pursue every romance option?

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011
My rogue trader is a horndog so you be you, this may be a bad idea only in ch2 but I'm hitting on everyone

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Lol I'm so bad at these games. I found a chaos infected hulk full of crazy mechanicus guys and I can't get past the first fight that constantly gives out wounds. I might respec some of my characters now that I feel like I have a better idea of what does what.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

SHISHKABOB posted:

Lol I'm so bad at these games. I found a chaos infected hulk full of crazy mechanicus guys and I can't get past the first fight that constantly gives out wounds. I might respec some of my characters now that I feel like I have a better idea of what does what.

That place is one of those weird difficulty spikes, but focus down the Heralds on the walls to stop them from giving the enemies tons of temp wounds. Sniper rifles work really well for taking them down

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Kind of wish there was a fourth alignment branch called "Cynic" or something. I want to play a Rogue Trader who doesn't really care about anything but money and feel slightly underserved by the existing three paths, Dogmatic is great but implies a bit too much earnest religious belief for my taste, Heretic is a bit too explicitly "you Fall to Chaos" and there are plenty of money grubbing assholes in the galaxy that don't have the ambition to go full Chaos worshipper, and Iconoclast, while useful to break from the other two when I need to, is way too goody two shoes for what I want to go for.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

AnEdgelord posted:

Kind of wish there was a fourth alignment branch called "Cynic" or something. I want to play a Rogue Trader who doesn't really care about anything but money and feel slightly underserved by the existing three paths, Dogmatic is great but implies a bit too much earnest religious belief for my taste, Heretic is a bit too explicitly "you Fall to Chaos" and there are plenty of money grubbing assholes in the galaxy that don't have the ambition to go full Chaos worshipper, and Iconoclast, while useful to break from the other two when I need to, is way too goody two shoes for what I want to go for.
The Archenemy devours the centrist. Say one of these iconoclastic, dogmatic or heretical things or gently caress off.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Nessus posted:

The Archenemy devours the centrist. Say one of these iconoclastic, dogmatic or heretical things or gently caress off.

Ironically the Ultraliberal path from DE is pretty much what I want

Janissary Hop
Sep 2, 2012

If you aren't playing your rogue trader like Frank the Warthog you're doing it wrong https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5ZpiTGI7D4

Abelard is Charlie

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

habeasdorkus posted:

I know Argenta is a Bride of the Emperor, but I wish I could be her sidepiece. Argenta, I showed you my warrant, please respond.

Her and Cass seem like the most OP companions so far.

Also, lol, there was no bug with the ANV quest, I was just looking in the wrong loving place even though it was highlighted on my map.

e: Also, not sure I should enjoy how much I'm making Hendrix uncomfortable by flirting with him.

Give Argenta a heavy flamer and let her do the Emperor's work.

edit: This fight ALMOST ended before the first round ended. One of the packs was just too far for me to get to. I did manage to activate Heroic Acts on every character except Pasqal though.

Warmachine fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Dec 12, 2023

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

sebmojo posted:

I really regret picking operative because I have two already and it's terribly fiddly, but I can't be arsed doing act 1 again

I wish Operative could branch into the militant class like Soldier. Pasqal going into that would rule.

Multimelta is pretty sweet. Short ranged, but using Concentrated Fire then its AoE scorch is loving nasty. Rate of fire sucks tho. And Plasma def works decently.

Dandywalken fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Dec 12, 2023

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Nessus posted:

The Emperor refuses to devour the Centrist's soul, Chaos refuses them, they spend eternity alone.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Sloober posted:

Also man I got into some space battle with two vipers and two ships that had 120 health and scraped by on it, turns out the 'shoot torpedos' thing is largely a waste of time, I think it's such a huge waste bc torpedoes have awful turning and are easy to avoid

You don't actually have to score a direct hit with your torps for them to do damage; they have a self-destruct option that damages everything in a 1-tile radius. The Officer talent that gives them a bonus +5 move is also key to making them usable.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

There's nothing quite like going from the terror of facing your first Chaos Space Marine on Rykoris to killing the same enemy plus chaff before it even gets to act the next time you run into one.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Idira, you're already on the edge here and I haven't even cleared out Rykkad or hit a certain later event yet. Tried her damndest to murder the party by, on the first turn of the Prison Warden fight, Periling in a goddamned Screamer. Which has far better stats than a mere Horror. Thankfully, due to where she had been standing (and it did murder her its very first turn) it was kind of blocked off from easily getting anywhere else since it's a large creature.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Lord Koth posted:

Idira, you're already on the edge here and I haven't even cleared out Rykkad or hit a certain later event yet. Tried her damndest to murder the party by, on the first turn of the Prison Warden fight, Periling in a goddamned Screamer. Which has far better stats than a mere Horror. Thankfully, due to where she had been standing (and it did murder her its very first turn) it was kind of blocked off from easily getting anywhere else since it's a large creature.

It really makes the case that the role of main party psyker is best served by a PC since a 1/20 chance of possibly wiping the party each time she casts isn't well suitable to a serious challenge mode, and the trade-off of an extra psyker rank isn't very useful past the first few levels.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

sebmojo posted:

I really regret picking operative because I have two already and it's terribly fiddly, but I can't be arsed doing act 1 again

Same I've got 3 operatives and I've just stopped using their abilities because they just seem tedious and don't do anything of note. I guess I mount come to an encounter that requires abilities but haven't so far. The Longlas and Arc Gun solve a lot of issues.

I told myself I wasn't going to toybox things but we will see.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Damnit game, you're telling me to go review my personal cogitator but the cogitators interaction button is hidden behind the Owlcat shrine button. I hope this gets patched before I beat the chapter

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Sloober posted:

I got jae some hat that gave +1 bonus damage per rate of fire and now she's annihilating poo poo easy as hell. Her main obstacle is the relatively low ballistic skill

She toasted some guy with 220 health in one round which was pretty funny, now I need to find something better than splinter pistols

Also man I got into some space battle with two vipers and two ships that had 120 health and scraped by on it, turns out the 'shoot torpedos' thing is largely a waste of time, I think it's such a huge waste bc torpedoes have awful turning and are easy to avoid

i just got into a fight with some eldar over foulstone, first move was to yell RAMMING SPEED and just t-bone one of them, hell yeah

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Staring at the character creation screen, probably going to be a Noble/Commissar Officer from a Hive World for the +10 Fel. From what I understand of the system (nothing), Commissar is for screaming at your team, and Noble is for screaming at one person specifically. Both seem fun, but I'm not sure which is funnier: Slapping my team members to make them go fast like I'm playing Dungeon Keeper or using the fat gently caress in the powdered wig avatar.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

evilmiera posted:

Damnit game, you're telling me to go review my personal cogitator but the cogitators interaction button is hidden behind the Owlcat shrine button. I hope this gets patched before I beat the chapter

They mean the one on the base level with the mechanicus priests around it near the void map

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Fat Samurai posted:

Staring at the character creation screen, probably going to be a Noble/Commissar Officer from a Hive World for the +10 Fel. From what I understand of the system (nothing), Commissar is for screaming at your team, and Noble is for screaming at one person specifically. Both seem fun, but I'm not sure which is funnier: Slapping my team members to make them go fast like I'm playing Dungeon Keeper or using the fat gently caress in the powdered wig avatar.

If you need a tip Commisars are the one cosplaying as Nazis in the portraits if you want to look the part.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

The music isn't bad at all, but it's a bit of a disappointment coming off WoTR which had one of the best scores I've ever heard. I've heard a few Lynch Dune-ish tracks but mostly it's just moody music.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Fat Samurai posted:

You can almost immediately get double monocles and they look extremely funny on the guy with the powdered wig

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Relevant Tangent posted:

mechanically and lorewise you're going to be heavily rewarded for picking a side of the triangle and sticking with it
nobody likes a fencesitter

Thanks. Do you know if there is a way to get it back from Hendrix later?

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

A Commissar Officer gives out lots of free turns but when you are feeling spicy can also instantly delete people with a Bolt Pistol on full auto.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Are you supposed to be able to play a beta save in the release game? Mines been mostly fine but there are missing bits like no posts or skills in space combat... Do I have to start again?

grobbo
May 29, 2014
Unfortunately I think my Chapter 4 might be game-breakingly bugged. There are no new quests and no new systems to explore; the chapter began with an announcement of "visitors on the bridge" followed by zero visitors or cutscene, and then a couple more forced transitions to the bridge and personal chambers occurred during warp travel but no NPCs or dialogue appeared once I arrived.

Continuing to whizz around chasing pirates just in case there's a hidden timer at work, but clearly something's gone missing.

Edit: A few other people on Steam are saying they can't progress once they hit Chapter 4, so looks like it's not just me. Buyer beware, etc.

grobbo fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Dec 12, 2023

FurtherReading
Sep 4, 2007

evilmiera posted:

It's actually not that cogitator at all. For some reason it really means the one on the bridge that Pasqal and you mess with during the first warp jump.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

sebmojo posted:

Are you supposed to be able to play a beta save in the release game? Mines been mostly fine but there are missing bits like no posts or skills in space combat... Do I have to start again?

considering how fragile the save games in these big crpgs can be that sounds like a really bad idea.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

As a Noble/Officer, when do I unlock the ability to give people extra actions? I only seem to be able to buff their stats with my starting abilities.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

The Lone Badger posted:

As a Noble/Officer, when do I unlock the ability to give people extra actions? I only seem to be able to buff their stats with my starting abilities.

You start with "Bring It Down!"

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Jack Trades posted:

You start with "Bring It Down!"

I can only find Voice of Command and You, Serve Me.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

The Lone Badger posted:

I can only find Voice of Command and You, Serve Me.

You get it at level 3 or 4. By the time the prologue is done.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Got this running pretty smoothly on my Steamdeck. Controller support is robust, for sure. Drains my battery, though... definitely not really playable on the go.

Despacho
Mar 22, 2023
Is there any way to see what planet have extractors on them or am I doomed to go to every single system and see each planet?

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer
Where are people finding poo poo like Thunder hammers and Big Fuckin' Swords early on? Saw someone mentioning these in Act 1 and I'm almost done with Act 1 (past the point they mentioned) and nothing of that kinda has dropped.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Iymarra posted:

Where are people finding poo poo like Thunder hammers and Big Fuckin' Swords early on? Saw someone mentioning these in Act 1 and I'm almost done with Act 1 (past the point they mentioned) and nothing of that kinda has dropped.

I didn't manage to find a Thunder Hammer in Act 1, but there's one available in the first location of Act 2. It ended up being the first thing I got in that Act.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

CommissarMega posted:

You don't actually have to score a direct hit with your torps for them to do damage; they have a self-destruct option that damages everything in a 1-tile radius. The Officer talent that gives them a bonus +5 move is also key to making them usable.

I was talking about wasting your shots on shooting down enemy torpedoes

E. Also, I wish there was a sort button in the reputation screen on traders

Sloober fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Dec 12, 2023