Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

The little dance she does when she nets somebody is just great, she’s so loving stoked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

isndl posted:

The choice of the Mk II sword is interesting because I don't actually know what its advantages are over the other dueling swords, I went with Mk V because it double dips on mobility stats so the dodges are huge (was able to reliably sidestep mutants back before their grabbing was nerfed).

Dueling swords are all very similar. The heavy stabs are a bit stronger than the heavy vertical/diagonals so I like the MKIV, but they are all very close.

MKII
Lights are chained diagonals
Heavy is stab -> diagonal

MKIV
Lights are chained diagonals
Heavies are stabs

MkV
Lights are diagonal -> diagonal -> vertical
Heavies are verticals (note: still only hit a single target)
Also has the 'defenses' stat bar instead of 'cleave damage', but this just provides a range - for example, with the defenses bar you get a sprint cost of .66 to 0.88 depending on your roll, but a MKII just has a sprint cost of 0.75. Does let you get two rolls for dodge distance though.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

I use the two cause I rolled a good one easily and all you really need it for is staggering mutants, ragers, maulers and crushers. The light attacks come in handy when you don't have time to quell or there's too much surrounding you to just flame.

It's mostly for the special > heavy (repeat) combo on the targets too close to brain burst.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Can you replace a blessing with a higher level blessing?

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Potato Salad posted:

Can you replace a blessing with a higher level blessing?

Yes, it'll still use up one of your two modification slots though.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Cool, so I could hypothetically hold on to this basically-perfect knife until I have a good III or IV blessing to replace the level II poo poo Hadron gave it

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Yes, but also keep in mind that once you alter a slot, you can then alter that slot as many times as you want forever. You do have to pay each time, but it’s a pittance. So you can change one of the blessings now, and then if you get something better later, you can swap that in.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Do I need to unlock the blessings at a particular tier for them to be available on a weapon, or is it just the price that changes?

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

JBP posted:

Do I need to unlock the blessings at a particular tier for them to be available on a weapon, or is it just the price that changes?
At the particular tier. If you unlock Haymaker 4 on a knife, you can put that haymaker 4 on any knife you want to adjust at Hadron's shop. However, you don't get Haymaker 1, 2 or 3.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Playing on Heresy: Bad Idea
Playing on Auric Heresy: Phenomenally terrible idea

I dont know what I was thinking.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Arc Hammer posted:

There's a whole discord of goons who play darktide who are willing to drag you through things while you git gud.

You don't have to beat your head against the pubstove all the time.

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.
I find it really hard to decide between the immediate dopamine hit of the kickback and the comedic timing of the rumbler and I would give anything for a kickback whose special loads a rumbler shell.

Is that too much thinkwork? Maybe just a kickbler where every time you reload it's random between shotgun shell and grenade and you don't know unti you pull the trigger.

Hats Wouldnt Fly fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Dec 12, 2023

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Rumbler that fires kickbacks

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.
Just let me jam a rock in the kickback's barrel when I'm down to one round and throw it into some goober's face.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Kickback with a slug (big rock) alt fire would be dope

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Arc Hammer posted:

you have to become da slide god since they added shooters in this one. I started playing last week and its interesting how theyve sanded the edges of v2 off in a lot of places so even I can become one of those shade pukes from cata v2 with a lacerate+mercy knife on zealot

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Ooh Melk has a really good roll for one of the new Vet shovels yesterday and I didn't grab it. How long does it take for Melk's shop to restock, can I still get the shovel today?

Aryoc
Nov 27, 2006

:black101: Goblin King :black101:
Grimey Drawer

Arc Hammer posted:

Ooh Melk has a really good roll for one of the new Vet shovels yesterday and I didn't grab it. How long does it take for Melk's shop to restock, can I still get the shovel today?

It's on a 24 hour timer, so new stock every day

Aryoc
Nov 27, 2006

:black101: Goblin King :black101:
Grimey Drawer
New hotfix out: https://forums.fatsharkgames.com/t/hotfix-1-2-21/89193

quote:

Tweaked the damage values of fire damage from enemy Scab Bombers and Scab/Tox Flamers.

Tick interval changed from 0.2 to 0.35.

Damage scale per tick from [1, 1.25, 1.5, 2.0, 2.25, 2.5, 3.0, 3.25, 3.5} to {1, 1, 1, 1.25, 1.25, 1.3, 1.35, 1.5, 1.5, 1.6, 1.75, 2.0, 2.25, 2.5, 3.0, 3.0, 3.25].

Dev Note: The speed and intensity of the damage ramp up will now be much slower. Fire surfaces will remain very dangerous, but only when standing over them for a prolonged amount of time.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Thank god. It was pretty brutal.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Arc Hammer posted:

I believe currently 4pm PST is when the changeover happens. It was 5 but then daylight savings or whatever happened.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Reiley posted:

Trappers are Scabs, meaning they're traitor guard, meaning the Guard is full of chortling women with nets, apparently.

Stop taking about my love life. Thanks.

JohnnySavs
Dec 28, 2004

I have all the characteristics of a human being.

So bomber flame was stripping my toughness a lot faster lately.

Has anyone else encountered the pox 'smoke' one of the twins leaves refusing to dissipate? They filled a choke point with it before they vanished and after waiting a minute with nothing happening we finally ran through it, lost all our toughness, and a horde immediately spawned. Usually it seems to only hang around for long enough to force a breather. Maybe it persists if there're still enemies within some given radius?

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

I've encountered a couple demonhosts in the last couple days that seemed unskippable. I am guessing I just don't understand them mechanically. So, does anyone know:

1) What specific actions contribute to demonhost aggro? Is there a comprehensive list?
2) Do we have hard data on the relative impact of those actions (ie running contributes x amount of aggro, flashlight contributes y per second, etc)
3) What is the range for her noticing those actions?
4) Does the aggro decay, like can one person run past, then wait for a few seconds before another goes?

I wouldn't normally care about understanding a mechanic with this level of granularity, but when she's plopped right down near the center of the only pathway forward, I feel like the knowledge becomes necessary

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

https://darktide.gameslantern.com/b...gn=share_button

Hello thread here is my Crusher build on Zealot. I think it's p good, and unironically think Crusher is the best Zealot melee weapon choice right now. Gonna experiment with Momentum a bit I think, see how that feels over Blazing and the crit cd reducer talent.

big cummers ONLY posted:

I've encountered a couple demonhosts in the last couple days that seemed unskippable. I am guessing I just don't understand them mechanically. So, does anyone know:

1) What specific actions contribute to demonhost aggro? Is there a comprehensive list?
2) Do we have hard data on the relative impact of those actions (ie running contributes x amount of aggro, flashlight contributes y per second, etc)
4) Does the aggro decay, like can one person run past, then wait for a few seconds before another goes?

I wouldn't normally care about understanding a mechanic with this level of granularity, but when she's plopped right down near the center of the only pathway forward, I feel like the knowledge becomes necessary

1) Don't look at the daemonhost. This does actually affect it waking up. Don't run, unsure if crouch walking helps at all. I have not heard of a comprehensive list.

2) There's no hard data as far as I'm aware but certain actions just immediately alert DHs. Running, shooting, using abilities or blitzes within the mist all immediately alert it. Flashlights, no matter what, always alert DHs from whatever range you're at, there is no scaling except maybe super extreme ranges.

3) The range is odd but basically if you're in the mist and your UI is getting weird frost VFX around the edges, congrats you're in range to effect it with the above actions.

4) Honestly idk, it probably does.

Fwiw there's only one daemonhost in the game where as currently placed it's near impossible to get by without alerting it, and is if you're a max size Ogryn. It's in hab dreyko after the first scanning section, you'll know it if you've seen it. In all other places there as possible ways around the DH even if it's been alerted.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

big cummers ONLY posted:

This post is pretty helpful
https://www.reddit.com/r/DarkTide/comments/187opp1/psa_heres_why_you_keep_aggroing_that_daemonhost/

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!

JohnnySavs posted:

So bomber flame was stripping my toughness a lot faster lately.

Has anyone else encountered the pox 'smoke' one of the twins leaves refusing to dissipate? They filled a choke point with it before they vanished and after waiting a minute with nothing happening we finally ran through it, lost all our toughness, and a horde immediately spawned. Usually it seems to only hang around for long enough to force a breather. Maybe it persists if there're still enemies within some given radius?

Never seen the melee sister twin's gas do that. Might be another Fatshark bug.

May as well mention the ranged brother's gas mines here, since I don't think they've been discussed in this thread. They don't expire on their own, but you can eliminate them yourself by stepping into them and then immediately dodging back out of the radius. It does a lot of corruption, if you eat the blast so best to eliminate them proactively rather than wait for a teammate to accidentally backpedal into one.

Another feature of the gas is if enemies (maybe just poxwalkers?) run through it they get empowered in some manner. No idea what the details are, but their eyes begin growing bright green.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

tangy yet delightful posted:

I believe currently 4pm PST is when the changeover happens. It was 5 but then daylight savings or whatever happened.

UTC+0, or whatever that happens to be in your locale. I can never keep track of daylight savings time either. :eng99:

megane
Jun 20, 2008

I managed to knock an active daemonhost off a ledge with chorus yesterday. :dunkedon:

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Beat my first damnation maelstrom mission. That was intense, and fun as hell. Died twice to some serious bullshit (chased by a chaos spawn into a burster which threw me over the edge, mutant threw me into fire). Got, like, 60k dockets when we finished. :cool:

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
So what does stamina actually do? You run faster when you have it, you need it to block, and you need to it to shove. What else is it used for?

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

ninjoatse.cx posted:

So what does stamina actually do? You run faster when you have it, you need it to block, and you need to it to shove. What else is it used for?

Remeber that running with stamina means that you dodge gunfire as long as you aren't running directly at the gunfire.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

Legit Businessman posted:

Remeber that running with stamina means that you dodge gunfire as long as you aren't running directly at the gunfire.

I thought that was a perk.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

TaurusTorus posted:

I thought that was a perk.

The perk for zealot is that sprinting without stamina confers the same benefit.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I got two pretty good shovel rolls and I'm wondering what would be people's suggestions for upgrades:

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
i didnt even know there were two warpick shovels. fwiw i got hammerblow on my mk3 and at full stacks that mfer can knock down ragers with light attacks, poo poo's crazy

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

JBP posted:

The perk for zealot is that sprinting without stamina confers the same benefit.

I think they mean the perk on some guns that say “immune to ranged while sprinting with more than % stamina.” But I guess that just means you won’t get hit no matter what you’re doing?

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Kibayasu posted:

I think they mean the perk on some guns that say “immune to ranged while sprinting with more than % stamina.” But I guess that just means you won’t get hit no matter what you’re doing?

no, this is a separate mechanic. "Counting as dodging when sprinting as long as you have stamina" is a core game mechanic that every class benefits from. "You are Immune to Ranged Fire above x% stamina" is a specific blessing on certain weapons, and immunity makes you actually immune to the bullets even if you accidentally run into them.

The Zealot talent in question does two bonus things, it provides +10% Sprint Speed and also means the Zealot still counts as dodging despite being out of stamina.

Talents =/= blessings. (blessings are the stickers on weapon, perks are the text with diamonds next to them that do flat bonuses)

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

My fault I call talents perks. I didn't even realise the non-blessing gun mods were called perks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Evil Kit posted:

no, this is a separate mechanic. "Counting as dodging when sprinting as long as you have stamina" is a core game mechanic that every class benefits from. "You are Immune to Ranged Fire above x% stamina" is a specific blessing on certain weapons, and immunity makes you actually immune to the bullets even if you accidentally run into them.

The Zealot talent in question does two bonus things, it provides +10% Sprint Speed and also means the Zealot still counts as dodging despite being out of stamina.

Talents =/= blessings. (blessings are the stickers on weapon, perks are the text with diamonds next to them that do flat bonuses)

This is made extra confusing by the fact that the "count as dodging when sprinting" bit is not the same kind of dodging the dodge button gives you. We could call it... sprodging, maybe? Sprodging doesn't make you immune to bullets, it doesn't give you any iframes or resistance, nor does it trigger effects that call for a successful dodge. All it does is make ranged enemies aim badly when shooting at you... unless you are running straight towards them, in which case it does nothing.