Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

He's also never eaten soup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Intruder posted:

since the Cubs were apparently willing to go 10/500 I think the Dodgers contract should be voided and Ohtani should be awarded to the Cubs

Considering the insane deferrals thing was Ohtani's idea, I'd wager you need to factor it in to all the other reports as well. Like the Cubs probably weren't looking to hand him $50M a year for the next ten years, it was $500M total with similar deferrals.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Can we be mad at this rear end in a top hat instead? Look at this idiot who doesn't like eggs.

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

Red posted:

https://twitter.com/DidthePhilslose/status/1734371892037861744

Would Ohtani's contract be insured in the event of bankruptcy?
Personally I think it would rule if this happened and the court gave Shohei the team

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

R.D. Mangles posted:

Someone please sign a baseball player or do a trade

Sign a player? The Rays are going to have a three-digit payroll for the first time and you want them to spend even more money?

From the way the GM’s talking it sounds like they’d be happy to stand pat for opening day unless a really good trade offer comes along. They’re not interested in raising the payroll further than it is ($125 million) and they can’t take people like McClanahan (out with TJS) and Franco (out with pedophilia) back off the 40-man until spring so they’ve got no roster flexibility.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

bawfuls posted:

see also: all the handwringing about PEDs

Now we’re talking

Every year I would be Mad Online about Sosa not getting into the HoF, now I just don’t care any more :smith:

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

I'd rather talk about egg-hating psychos

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Ironically, the Hall of Fame’s credibility has been destroyed by the exclusion of Bonds, Clemens, McGwire, Sosa, etc.

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
what makes New York Sports Radio Guys so idioscyncratic

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

General Dog posted:

Ironically, the Hall of Fame’s credibility has been destroyed by the exclusion of Bonds, Clemens, McGwire, Sosa, etc.

:hmmyes:

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Oh yeah and Curt Schilling, he belongs in the hall of fame too.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

General Dog posted:

we've been over this, only after he croaks

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

General Dog posted:

Also Pete Rose

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

General Dog posted:

Sure once he's dead.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Bregor posted:

Now we’re talking

Every year I would be Mad Online about Sosa not getting into the HoF, now I just don’t care any more :smith:

You can (and should) still be mad about that though!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

General Dog posted:

and Arod

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Arod really is a wonderful example of worst person you know makes a good point in that regard. He just seems like the most preening, blowhard rear end in a top hat on the planet but that also doesn't change that Selig did him absolutely dirty trying to scapegoat him as the One True Steroid User™ and it's absolutely pathetic that a player with near 120 career WAR, >3000 hits and near 700 HR's isn't in the hall.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

At least A-Rod had a public failed test, Bonds and Clemens don’t have that and they can’t get in

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/martinonyc/status/1734644943056994365

The Mets are performance art.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

FlamingLiberal posted:

At least A-Rod had a public failed test, Bonds and Clemens don’t have that and they can’t get in

the public nature of that test and the public suspension kinda make it better in my eyes. A lot of times it seems like the punishment for the other alleged users is exclusion from the HOF, but like...ARod had his punishment. So put him in

idk if this is logically consistent and it certainly doesn't apply to Criminal Ryan Braun (who doesn't have HOF numbers anyway due to being garbage that sucks and shits), but my brain parses it that way

Those other guys should be in too even without suspensions, to be clear

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 30 days!

Inspector_666 posted:

He's also never eaten soup.

You don't eat soup, you drink it

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Not Campbell's Thick 'N Hearty line of soups. Those soups are so big, they eat like a meal.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Canned Sunshine posted:

You can (and should) still be mad about that though!

I mean, I am, it's just a low simmer instead of a boiling rage every time the HoF tracker account would post a ballot without Sosa checked.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

This is the first time I've ever been relieved to see steroids and hall of fame chat.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

FlamingLiberal posted:

Also Pete Rose

Nah gently caress him

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Sosa's not actually a super slam dunk HOF candidate. He's reasonably qualified, but like Dwight Evans beats him handily on the fancystat of your choice. By the fancystats Bobby Abreu's case is almost identical to Sosa's. The late 90s/early 00s were a crazy time.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Make it so I can piss on certain plaques at the HOF and Schilling, Rose and Clemens can all be let in

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Just hire a guy to stand next to the controversial plaques to shake his head constantly so we know these players were naughty

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

zoux posted:

Just hire a guy to stand next to the controversial plaques to shake his head constantly so we know these players were naughty
Gonna need like an entire bus worth of people for the 1800s guys

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

zoux posted:

Not Campbell's Thick 'N Hearty line of soups. Those soups are so big, they eat like a meal.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

Eric the Mauve posted:

Sosa's not actually a super slam dunk HOF candidate. He's reasonably qualified, but like Dwight Evans beats him handily on the fancystat of your choice. By the fancystats Bobby Abreu's case is almost identical to Sosa's. The late 90s/early 00s were a crazy time.

hot take - if you hit 600 dingers in the bigs you should be in the HOF

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
Al Michaels has said he's never voluntarily eaten a vegetable and it makes you wonder what the hell is wrong with New Yorkers.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
how do you never eat an egg

like how does that happen

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug
If we're going to complain about the hall disrespecting SAS's favorite wife beater can we go back to CBT chat please?

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

I can understand not eating a specifically prepared egg meal. Omelets, scrambles, poached, etc. But never consuming egg ever? That's fantastically unlikely, even as someone who knows several ways around using em. Unless he knows precisely where every single food product he eats (and has ever eaten!) came from, Michael Kay is, yet again, full of poo poo.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

He has surely had cookies or other baked goods that include eggs, or stuff like mayo

The obvious meaning is he's never had any typical egg-dominant dish like the ones you described

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Eric the Mauve posted:

Counterpoint: :wrong:

Sosa is a slam dunk HOF candidate.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Eric the Mauve posted:

Players who hit 60+ HR in three seasons:

Sammy Sosa
[end of list]

maffew buildings posted:

hot take - if you hit 600 dingers in the bigs you should be in the HOF

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Eric the Mauve posted:

I'm sorry did I forget the time that Dwight Evans and Bobby Abreu mashed so many dingers that they Saved The Sport

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

xbilkis posted:

I'm sorry did I forget the time that Dwight Evans and Bobby Abreu mashed so many dingers that they Saved The Sport

xbilkis posted:

xbilkis posted:

xbilkis posted:

xbilkis posted:

xbilkis posted: