Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
it says they only offer AWD and RWD. they dont seem to believe it would be used for serious off roading and didnt care to design for that at all. the videos coming out back that up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Mr. Lobe posted:

I saw a cybertruck go past me when I was biking to work this morning

I hope this does not become a regular feature of my commute

oh I don't think you'll have to worry about it for very long either way

Squinky v2.0
Nov 16, 2006

Behind you! A three headed monkey!

College Slice
everyone’s like “twitter ads don’t work” but we’re all in here talking about JO pants. checkmate

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Mr. Lobe posted:

I saw a cybertruck go past me when I was biking to work this morning

I hope this does not become a regular feature of my commute

I'd watch out. Recent tweets seem to indicate they like to hunt in packs.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
Grok will kill Elon Musk

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

Karach posted:

Grok will kill Elon Musk

I love Groko’s Basilisk now

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Maybe this is the way we stave off the AI Uprising, let them roast us for being stupid sacks of lukewarm stew so they have a place to vent their frustrations at us.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Terminator but skynet send an obnoxious AI to the past just to ROAST Sarah Connor posts

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

It writes like a middle schooler given a prompt for an assignment

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

titty_baby_ posted:

It writes like a middle schooler given a prompt for an assignment

it's a perfect GBS emulator

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/cybrtrkguy/status/1734552195364729181?s=46&t=7-vap1Rck4oLVYNrtlMvSA

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

The Cybrkrkkrkr Guy

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022
lol at the musk truck saying it can stop in 107ft

thatd put it right outside of the top 100 best-braking road cars ever built, including race prototype homologation models

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

FirstnameLastname posted:

thatd put it right outside of the top 100 best-braking road cars ever built, including race prototype homologation models

Makes sense. All the weight would help it stop so fast.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022
like they're saying you can have a cybertruck and a bmw m4 side by side, both hitting the brakes at 60mph and the cybertruck will take like 11% more space to completely stop, when it has over two times the mass, set far higher up

lol

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

titty_baby_ posted:

Makes sense. All the weight would help it stop so fast.

yep. u just reverse the infinite torque, duh

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

like they're saying you can have a cybertruck and a bmw m4 side by side, both hitting the brakes at 60mph and the cybertruck will take like 11% more space to completely stop, when it has over two times the mass, set far higher up

lol

when the cybertruck's brakes initiate they push down against the earth harder than the bmw, making it stop quicker. this isn't difficult to understand.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

lol

it uses science

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

It's because when you brake, it tricks the computer into thinking there's a child in the truck itself. It's not breaking. It's trying to steer inward towards the kid, like a black hole behind the driver's seat.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

morningdrew posted:

Nice turning radius

For a clown to wear

To the circus

Idiot

TheMightyBoops posted:

Jackoff pants solve this.

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
cybertruck celebrates another successful stop

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

both of those defenses are hilarious and i hope they try real hard to prove them

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Finnish transport workers' union has joined other neighbours of Sweden in blocking the delivery of Teslas destined to Sweden, as Tesla has been trying to circumvent the union dispute via other countries. This blockade starts on 20th December along with Norway and Denmark, so Elon has still a week left to smuggle his self-driving dumpster fires to Sweden! Wish him good luck, Tesla is getting stellar reviews in Sweden right now...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pq00fB41NuU

quote:

One of Sweden's best-known electric car YouTubers, journalist Peter Esse, explains in a recent video why he will never buy a Tesla again. The reasons given by Esse include saving money on various sensors and Tesla's approach to customer relations.

One of the things that annoy him is the windscreen wipers, which he even describes as completely brainless.

Because the Tesla Model Y lacks a rain sensor, the wipers rely on the car's camera system to operate, which means that the wipers also rub the windscreen when it is dry and do not always work properly, even when it is raining.

Moreover, the poorly functioning automatic wiper system cannot be switched off without also disabling cruise control and many other automatic functions.

When Esse reported the fault in his car to the Tesla importer, he was informed in writing that Tesla's windscreen wipers are in beta and may therefore behave unexpectedly. Tesla also says that this is not a fault that needs fixing - but a feature that the owner will have to live with for the time being.

Another problem is the car's turning radius, which is by far the highest of any car Essen has ever tested. It makes the Tesla Model Y difficult to park and manoeuvre around the garage.

He considers some of his Tesla's features to be downright fraudulent.

Tesla has been promising for two years to bring back the Model Y's automatic parking function "soon", but still nothing has changed in customers' cars.

The 'full self-driving' system, which the company is selling for thousands of euros extra, is also, according to Essen, a complete nonsense, as the car lacks, among other things, the Lidar radar required by the system. Nor is the automatic driving function permitted in Europe, at least not in a form that could be described as autonomous driving.

- I would like to say that this is almost a betrayal. That's why this will be the last Tesla I ever buy," Esse concludes.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

random wipers are a feature

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Tesla's windscreen wipers are in beta and may therefore behave unexpectedly

lmao

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

it’s right

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

lmao

look new technology takes time to refine ok?

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

what would you rather do, flick a switch to turn the wipers on and off? we are not cavemen

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

lmao

Love 👏 the 👏 car 👏

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
wipers? you won't care.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

“I think the problem is you’re just uneducated.”

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

lmao

mad?

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

TheMightyBoops posted:

Does it really just have AWD? No 4WD? Isn’t that an option in like all trucks?

awd and 4wd are effectively the same thing but you cant disengage awd

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

this thread belongs in cccc its full of hostile weirdos who get really mad about outsiders and its full of insular injokes no normal person would get and its full of spam it does not belong in cspam it belongs in cccc the forum for insular chat threads prove me wrong

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

titty_baby_ posted:

this thread belongs in cccc its full of hostile weirdos who get really mad about outsiders and its full of insular injokes no normal person would get and its full of spam it does not belong in cspam it belongs in cccc the forum for insular chat threads prove me wrong

mad?

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

titty_baby_ posted:

Oh?

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

:smug:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

you won’t care

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
!!

Adbot