Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Turning off my Xbox by pulling on it until the cable gets disconnected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
At some point Larian really needs to stop patching the game because every time they do they unleash a worse and somehow stupider bug. Maybe just leave a few harmless bugs in and call it good, game rules, have a break.

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums
I need a text based walkthough for the bg3 inventory system, it's worse than starfields

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

hanyolo posted:

I need a text based walkthough for the bg3 inventory system, it's worse than starfields

There is no way BG3 has a worse inventory than Starfield, which is a garbage mess with inconsistent inputs that often leads to doing one thing when you mean to do another. I am going to assume that you missed some crucial tutorial popups, because they explain pretty much everything about the inventory system. I think there are some recent posts in the BG3 thread talking about tips and tricks for controller interface, and the thread has been a bit more strict on spoilers lately because of new Xbox players, so I'd start there if you're looking for help

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Looks like I have 102 hours in the true goty, cp2077

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Rocket League by a lot, but I idle a ton with RL. Sea of Thieves second most, low idle there so fully legit. Elden Ring in third with about a third of the hours of SoT on it.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Professor Beetus posted:

There is no way BG3 has a worse inventory than Starfield, which is a garbage mess with inconsistent inputs that often leads to doing one thing when you mean to do another. I am going to assume that you missed some crucial tutorial popups, because they explain pretty much everything about the inventory system. I think there are some recent posts in the BG3 thread talking about tips and tricks for controller interface, and the thread has been a bit more strict on spoilers lately because of new Xbox players, so I'd start there if you're looking for help

What's everyone's issue with Starfield's inventory? Seemed fine to me.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

1glitch0 posted:

It never, ever ends and it isn't sleek enough to justify the absolutely incredible amount of loot it throws at you.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
On PC they already have the StarUI UI overhaul mod like Skyrim and Oblivion got. Doesn't help Xbox users, but if you're on PC it greatly improves it.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Finding BG3 pretty awesome on controller. The inventory isn't hard at all. But I have been playing it on PC. Still, everything seems pretty clearly labeled.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

1glitch0 posted:

One colossal long list with way too much scrolling.
Most of the screen is taken up with a 3D model of what's selected - cool, but not useful.
No filters - I have dozens of "Aid" items, but I can't filter down to what cures frostbite, so I have to scroll through dozens of items to find one.
Sort by weight only sorts by item weight, not total weight. So if you're carrying 30 x 0.5 weight items, those will show miles down the list
Can't search

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
No filters is so crazy that stuck out like a sore thumb

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

I'm stunned Vampire Survivors wasn't #1, but that completion though.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

I'm stunned Vampire Survivors wasn't #1, but that completion though.

Nerd.

Sandepande
Aug 19, 2018

Perry Mason Jar posted:

No filters is so crazy that stuck out like a sore thumb

They just took their basic inventory system and went with it.

I wonder why BGS avoids using stuff modders have come up over the couple of decades out of pride or fear of having to pay someone something.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

I just scored the Remix controller and it's neat.
I didn't realize it came with its own rechargeable battery pack which like the rest of it is made of recycled plastic.
Worth the extra $ even though I paid $50 for it.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Any place to grab that for 50 still?

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
I picked up a used 360 for free. However its family locked. I tried all the passcode combos of just 4x the same button and no luck. I also tried a bunch of a button combos in the system info screen but none of those worked either. If I'm not able to remove this lock what functionality am I going to miss out on?

edit: how can I even check which parental restrictions are turned on?

Shaocaholica fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Dec 14, 2023

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Snowmankilla posted:

Any place to grab that for 50 still?

I grabbed it off Mercari. The seller mentioned having another controller to list but does not appear to have done so.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Shaocaholica posted:

I picked up a used 360 for free. However its family locked. I tried all the passcode combos of just 4x the same button and no luck. I also tried a bunch of a button combos in the system info screen but none of those worked either. If I'm not able to remove this lock what functionality am I going to miss out on?

edit: how can I even check which parental restrictions are turned on?

Not to hijack, but to piggyback, I have an Xbox One which will not allow me to remove Family Restrictions. Accurate passcode, same email password I use every single day.

Rocket Pan
Nov 3, 2011

Anything can be sent, as long as it's less than 1200 bytes
Family passwords can be reset on the website. You need to register your device here (https://account.microsoft.com/devices) then you can reset the password from there.

Appears to apply to the 360, One and Series all the same.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Rocket Pan posted:

Family passwords can be reset on the website. You need to register your device here (https://account.microsoft.com/devices) then you can reset the password from there.

Thank you so much.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Yeah I had to do that when I got a used 360 last year as well, it's annoying but also nice that there's a way to properly reset the console to remove it.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Very disappointed my series x didn’t come with a month of game pass.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
If you paid for a Series X, just consider that $1 promo as part of the price.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Fly Ricky posted:

If you paid for a Series X, just consider that $1 promo as part of the price.

I already have ultimate for the next five months I wanted to give my friend a month with my series s for Christmas.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Rocket Pan posted:

You can just register any device and reset it?

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

You can try out the new COD for free this weekend if you want.

https://x.com/IdleSloth84_/status/1735247501031088180?s=20

Far Cry 6 is also out on game pass now. Busy weekend ahead.

John F Bennett fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Dec 14, 2023

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

...and then God said, "Let there be douche!"

Shaocaholica posted:

You can just register any device and reset it?

If you have the serial number for the device? Yes.

Jables88
Jul 26, 2010
Tortured By Flan
Planning to marathon the MW3 campaign since I hear it's only about 5 hours.

Far Cry 6 should be good, I enjoyed 5 despite myself.

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen
Geez why play MW3 when Game Pass already has MW5 Mercenaries

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Just going to remain patient and wait for MW3 to be on Game Pass. I've been playing through the story campaigns of the older games recently, and have started to realize that I honestly do not like Call of Duty anymore. The formula is no longer fun or interesting. The multiplayer I guess is still good, but I don't have the reflexes because I am an old. I wish I could just play with other players against AI bots and rank up and level up the season passes that way (Overwatch 2 lets you do this even), but Activision insists you only play in very specific ways that are not necessarily fun to a lot of people.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
Can't seem to find a manual for the 360E online. The 360E has a 3.5mm jack that supports composite video and stereo audio. Just wondering if this jack could also support regular stereo audio line out with a standard 3.5mm stereo audio cable. Also if its toslink optical compatible.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Shaocaholica posted:

Can't seem to find a manual for the 360E online. The 360E has a 3.5mm jack that supports composite video and stereo audio. Just wondering if this jack could also support regular stereo audio line out with a standard 3.5mm stereo audio cable. Also if its toslink optical compatible.

I'm not 100% sure but I THINK it will work as a standard headphone jack but it's not one of those weird 3.5mm jacks with embedded optical/toslink (if you wanted to be sure you could see if red light shines out of it in a dark room).

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
Looks like the End of Year/Countdown Sale just went live.

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1735392712797438310?t=eqaImNjQUcA_VPm0OP7dvw&s=19

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Jables88 posted:

Planning to marathon the MW3 campaign since I hear it's only about 5 hours.

I think it’s only multiplayer and zombies

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
I'm considering getting Harry Potter Lego so I can do a 14 hour Twitch stream bitching about Deathly Hallows.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lammasu posted:

I'm considering getting Harry Potter Lego so I can do a 14 hour Twitch stream bitching about Deathly Hallows.

The only people who you will get watching are TERFs.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

ImpAtom posted:

The only people who you will get watching are TERFs.

The people that need to suffer the most.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

Lammasu posted:

:yeah: