Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Retarded Pimp posted:

Boat carrying football fans gets stuck under Hammersmith Bridge in London
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-67680559
The constant low lament of the football fans really makes this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Regarde Aduck posted:

surely you wouldn't poo poo at all

only if you think that literally anything should be digestible. if you accept that it isn't, then the most efficient digestive system would pull the nutrients and get rid of the excess as quick as possible

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
https://packaged-media.redd.it/kilm...45ed5a04d77#t=0

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
I have come here to laugh at the Cybertruck

https://twitter.com/JortsTheCat/status/1734702805791764772?s=20

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde
Bears are at their most aggressive when they're shedding.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Hey, that's some video proof of the old advice, "I don't have to outrun the bear, I just have to outrun you."

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Knormal posted:

The constant low lament of the football fans really makes this.

Actual lol.
"Oiiioowwwhhh! Ehhhh! Hhhhh! Owwoooohhhhhwwww!"

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Should have sprung for the idiot proof model that won't let you open 10 drawers at once :doh:

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

If they just waited a little while longer for it to burst into flames all the snow and ice would have melted.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Knormal posted:

If they just waited a little while longer for it to burst into flames all the snow and ice would have melted.

Yes but then they'd have a battery fire to fight in the middle of the wildfire.

raggedphoto
May 10, 2008

I'd like to shoot you

Happy Landfill posted:

I have come here to laugh at the Cybertruck

Hard to be sure without more context but I see a rear end in a top hat who drove off trail to load the tree they just cut down and destroyed the local environment when they got stuck. But at least they did it in a electric truck :rolleyes:

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Cable Guy posted:

Bears are at their most aggressive when they're shedding.

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

The secret of steel has always
carried with it a mystery.

Wasn't half the appeal of the Cybertruck would be that you'd be well positioned when the world goes "Mad Max"? It's wonderfully poo poo!

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

raggedphoto posted:

Hard to be sure without more context but I see a rear end in a top hat who drove off trail to load the tree they just cut down and destroyed the local environment when they got stuck. But at least they did it in a electric truck :rolleyes:

Hey maybe they were preserving the environment. We get our Christmas trees from a bog that's being restored. More trees isn't always better.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

SecretOfSteel posted:

Wasn't half the appeal of the Cybertruck would be that you'd be well positioned when the world goes "Mad Max"? It's wonderfully poo poo!

Are they assuming that charging stations will survive a Maxpocalypse better than gas/oil?

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Takes No Damage posted:

Are they assuming that charging stations will survive a Maxpocalypse better than gas/oil?

Charged by slaves running in giant hamster wheels?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Takes No Damage posted:

You just put a diesel generator in the back.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Musky stans all already all over that with nonsense like "It's a prototype without the latest software patch!", "It's got the wrong tires!", "Bad driver!" etc.

Welp it turns out that PS1 Tesla truck is a bad car. Ugly too.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

axolotl farmer posted:

Musky stans all already all over that with nonsense like "It's a prototype without the latest software patch!", "It's got the wrong tires!", "Bad driver!" etc.

Welp it turns out that PS1 Tesla truck is a bad car. Ugly too.

It's a sure sign we're in the future when I cannot be sure if blaming bad drivers means they're blaming people or software.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Speaking of apartheid clyde, autopilot has been recalled due to the NHTSA and tesla has to send an OTA software updates that limits where it can be turned on and nags drivers more to keep hands on the steering wheel/eyes on the road.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
it can probably still be bypassed through some sort of touchscreen secret code

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

Aramoro posted:

Hey maybe they were preserving the environment. We get our Christmas trees from a bog that's being restored. More trees isn't always better.

Do you drive into the bog and spin your tires while you're helping the environment?

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Non Compos Mentis posted:

Turn left-left-right-right, run over two traffic cones and one pedestrian, then tap brake.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

that happened at a mechanic/metal shop I used to work at. Except it was like a hundred thousand dollars (plus) worth of meticulously organized brass fittings.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Non Compos Mentis posted:

People just tape a bottle of drink to the steering wheel to stop it annoying them for not holding it enough.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Inceltown posted:

People just tape a bottle of drink to the steering wheel to stop it annoying them for not holding it enough.

That’s how it works now. The NHTSA just ordered Tesla to do better. The suggestion is that the workaround is just going to get subtler and less plausibly deniable

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

My car with lane assist yells at me to put my hands on the wheel all the time, when my hands are actually already on it, I just hold it so steady it isn't sure. It should be that stringent as a baseline at minimum

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

John Wick of Dogs posted:

My car with lane assist yells at me to put my hands on the wheel all the time, when my hands are actually already on it, I just hold it so steady it isn't sure. It should be that stringent as a baseline at minimum

Why do you hate freedom?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
All cars should be yelling at you and insulting you incessantly while you are driving

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

steinrokkan posted:

All cars should be yelling at you and insulting you incessantly while you are driving

thinking about that thread content of people having road rage incidents with their own car

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

THAT WAS A BLINKER SITUATION, rear end in a top hat

SURE HIT MY SPEAKER GRILLE

THAT'LL MAKE YOU LESS OF A HAZARD

DICK

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The Tesla Tsundere will be the best selling vehicle of all time.

It will complain the whole time but when you reach your destination say "Please drive me some more"

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Or we just stop trying to get cars to handle the driving part for us.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
https://i.imgur.com/MPO8ear.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/x2TZPaq.mp4

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

axolotl farmer posted:

It's a prototype without the latest software patch!

Yes, that is how prototypes work, in the tesla factory.

Here we push bugs directly to prod full self driving in live traffic, while keeping the stable non functioning code on our internal prototypes. How else would you get stuff done?

Move fast and break things!!!!!

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Sometimes I scroll this thread and go

You loving idiot.

You loving idiot.

You loving idiot.

You loving idiot.

Maybe it's a me thing?

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

steinrokkan posted:

I prefer cars without infotainment systems.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Karate Bastard posted:

You loving idiot.

You loving idiot.

You loving idiot.

You loving idiot.

Whoa buddy, I don’t post this often

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost

Karate Bastard posted:

You loving idiot.

You loving idiot.

You loving idiot.

You loving idiot.

Maybe it's a me thing?

You can avoid this by not hitting the little question mark under your avatar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Karate Bastard posted:

You loving idiot.

You loving idiot.

You loving idiot.

You loving idiot.

Maybe it's a me thing?

Turn off your monitor