Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which 2023 game do you think will win Something Awful’s Game of the Year award?
This poll is closed.
Dead Space 5 5.10%
Metroid Prime 15 15.31%
Resident Evil 4 17 17.35%
Super Mario RPG 37 37.76%
System Shock 24 24.49%
Total: 98 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Frank Cifaldi unearthed a bunch of cool stuff from Sonic 2's development.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfJ4uEcJJtA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Insomniac has been hit by a ransomware attack and Wolverine, among many many other things, may start leaking onto the internet
https://www.cyberdaily.au/culture/9931-spider-man-2-developer-insomniac-games-hit-by-rhysida-ransomware-attack

December has not been kind to Insomniac :lol:

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I mean it's not even the first

Of course Jesus topdecked a rez on the third draw

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
You may play Jesus from the graveyard after 3 turns

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Infinitum posted:

Insomniac has been hit by a ransomware attack and Wolverine, among many many other things, may start leaking onto the internet
https://www.cyberdaily.au/culture/9931-spider-man-2-developer-insomniac-games-hit-by-rhysida-ransomware-attack

December has not been kind to Insomniac :lol:

:(

Hoping to avoid that stuff, dont wanna see it until its ready to be shown to the public. Excited for the Wolverine game. Spider-Man 2 was great.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

haveblue posted:

You may play Jesus from the graveyard after 3 turns

They really wrecked the game's balance when they released the New Testament set

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
What if cuphead, but fps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=av3K-PEEF1c

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

DemoneeHo posted:

They really wrecked the game's balance when they released the New Testament set

That's why I prefer the vintage format with only pre-NT cards.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

If they can swing in some rotoscoped dance numbers and dancing landscapes, I'm in.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I am very rarely the kind of person who would say "this is unnecessarily violent/gory" but I honestly love everything about this EXCEPT the ridiculous splattering gore. I feel like they could've easily done more cartoonish effects like when guys die they fall into a grave plot that opens up under them, or they turn into swiss cheese and fall over, etc, instead of just..."SPLORCH" in a pretty generic FPS-ey way. the whole point is to be cartoony, but none of the deaths take advantage of that aspect at all. the only one I saw was the big guy in the turret at the end, who got the whole "singed, blinking exploded dude" look from old cartoons nearly perfectly.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Captain Invictus posted:

I am very rarely the kind of person who would say "this is unnecessarily violent/gory" but I honestly love everything about this EXCEPT the ridiculous splattering gore. I feel like they could've easily done more cartoonish effects like when guys die they fall into a grave plot that opens up under them, or they turn into swiss cheese and fall over, etc, instead of just..."SPLORCH" in a pretty generic FPS-ey way. the whole point is to be cartoony, but none of the deaths take advantage of that aspect at all. the only one I saw was the big guy in the turret at the end, who got the whole "singed, blinking exploded dude" look from old cartoons nearly perfectly.
In a lot of games you can turn off blood spatters and stuff like that

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeah but I figure they could be creative with using the style instead of relying on heads exploding into gore and disembowelments. Unless disabling that resulted in different animations that were appropriate for the style, then that'd be cool. But somehow I doubt it

Like, kill a guy using a shotgun, and after the smoke clears he looks down at the giant goreless circular hole in his torso and then gets X's in his eyes and falls over. Easy! Hell they could probably lower the esrb rating if they went with stuff like that, I wager.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Dec 13, 2023

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I'm here for the fingergun.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

The guns need to be weirder, generic pistol/smg/sniper rifle/shotgun in a cartoon shooter? Come on, show some creativity.

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

The guns should be gross little cartoons and they should talk to you non-stop and be voiced by a sex pest

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
i suspect this is partly trying to sweep up the Bendy fanbase and that means making it edgy where possible

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

yeah, this is very clearly a pivot due to steamboat willie's entry into the public domain primarily being in service of creepypasta or hyperviolent depictions for shock value, so you may as well get on the train before it leaves the station

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

https://twitter.com/TEKKEN_Project/status/1734574241419522092

I hope Versus mode has an option to play against the AI. Tekken 7 didn't have this and I thought it was a very weird and outdated decision that limited how accessible the game was for more casual players.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

ImpAtom posted:

Speaking of the bible, the place I work got a request to do stuff for a bible-themed CCG game and I am not sure why but it is just the funniest thing to me.

JOB vs SAMSON

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTIURo4tCN4

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

Speaking of the bible, the place I work got a request to do stuff for a bible-themed CCG game and I am not sure why but it is just the funniest thing to me.

JOB vs SAMSON

Am I having a stroke.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Lawman 0 posted:

Am I having a stroke.

That's the spirit you're feeling.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

poo poo, andre braugher from b99 died

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Dec 13, 2023

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

The 7th Guest posted:

poo poo, andrew braugher from b99 died

Well that fuckin' sucks. He was the best part of that show

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I said come in! posted:

https://twitter.com/TEKKEN_Project/status/1734574241419522092

I hope Versus mode has an option to play against the AI. Tekken 7 didn't have this and I thought it was a very weird and outdated decision that limited how accessible the game was for more casual players.

Super Ghost Battle is unlocked somehow it says and that would be against AI

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
I would like to apologize to Remedy Entertainment, who made the game Quantum Break, for mistaking them with Quantic Dream, who made the game Omikron: The Nomad Soul.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
i saw this video and it made me want to play alan wake
until i remembered i dont have a graphics card
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxs_HYw_mLk

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

The 7th Guest posted:

poo poo, andre braugher from b99 died

gently caress that blows

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Not a single vg credit on Andre Braugher, a true tragedy.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://x.com/iloveklim/status/1734783396809691501?s=46

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Should've kept it

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

DOS adventure game rear end logo.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I feel like SA is probably as good as any a place to ask; what's with Japanese games leaving off the 'table' part of Knights of the Round? Final Fantasy probably has character limits in the old days, but there was that arcade game that probably didn't have the excuse. Was it a sustained translation gaffe?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Sounds cool

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Tables are lame

mystes
May 31, 2006

the table was dropped due to an sql bug

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

All the tables were broken.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I feel like SA is probably as good as any a place to ask; what's with Japanese games leaving off the 'table' part of Knights of the Round? Final Fantasy probably has character limits in the old days, but there was that arcade game that probably didn't have the excuse. Was it a sustained translation gaffe?

If it's a translation gaffe it's one the Japanese are making themselves. FF7's summon is ナイツオブラウンド, Naitsu obu Raundo, the Capcom beatemup is ナイツオブザラウンド, Naitsu obu za Raundo.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ghost Leviathan posted:

It isn't a translation gaff. The Japanese name for the summon is "ナイツオブラウンド" or "Knights of Round" as in the English words. There's also a lot of unrelated stuff that uses "Knights of Round" in Japan, including Code Geass and a band with the name.

As near as I can tell, it's just a viable translation of "Knights of the Round Table" that Japan thinks sounds cooler.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
they're right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Ghost Leviathan posted:

you're summoning them away from their table