Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Jerkface posted:

Todo seems like the kinda guy who would have his soul altered by the split second touch of Mahito, frying his cursed technique, but then discover whatever new cursed technique would arise from that soul transfiguration.

It still owns how "self proclaimed 530000 IQ" initially comes off as a joke, but shortly reveals that no he actually is a genius in the best way possible (the Takada delusions)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

MonsterEnvy posted:

The only other time he was notable tore up face wise was during the Choso fight, but Sukuna healed him after that.

sukuna quite literally tore that face up.

they even seem to have sorta healed after uraume flash froze him

though i'm fuzzy on how yuji survived this encounter at all, this is the same fight where sukuna punched a hole in his chest and it barely slowed him down.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
Instead of learning Sukuna's cursed technique, Yuji's body simply picked up on RCT. Or something.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
His hit points didn't reach 0 so he was fine.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Actually Yuji died and all of this stuff about the Culling Games has been him trying to process his feelings as his brain struggles to accept death. Sukina is attempting to take over his body and Yuji will need to realize that to assure Sukina dies with him.

The camera will pan out and it will be revealed all of his friends are there sitting around his deathbed, assuring he dies surrounded by people who loved him. Nobara is wearing an eyepatch and Toji replaced his hand with a specialized Curse Weapon.

The last moments of the series are Yuji's heart slowly stopping as Sukina screams in impotent rage as he's dragged into the afterlife without a fight. "Hey Grandpa... I did good, didn't I?"

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

TheHan posted:

sukuna quite literally tore that face up.

they even seem to have sorta healed after uraume flash froze him

though i'm fuzzy on how yuji survived this encounter at all, this is the same fight where sukuna punched a hole in his chest and it barely slowed him down.

He didn't actually get a hole punched in him.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Sukuna low diffs everyone, Yuji is down on his knees, trembling in terror and despair. Sukuna raises his hand to Cleave, then there is a full page Clap SFX

Todo comes out of nowhere and him and Yuji are the two final characters to take on the last boss AGAIN

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

MonsterEnvy posted:

He didn't actually get a hole punched in him.

IIRC he just got punted real hard.

We only got to see it briefly, but Yuji did seem to get a power boost the moment Sukuna left his body, who in turn seemed genuinely surprised whenever he thought he had Yuji out for the count only for him to keep going.

Maybe part of his strength was subconsciously devoted to keep Sukuna suppressed? Along with the apparent ability as a "vessel" to absorb the cursed energy of cursed objects he consumes, it'd be more playing around with classic tropes by having the great powerful evil sealed within the protagonist not grant him strength, but in fact having held him back until he was rid of it.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.

Conspiratiorist posted:

IIRC he just got punted real hard.

We only got to see it briefly, but Yuji did seem to get a power boost the moment Sukuna left his body, who in turn seemed genuinely surprised whenever he thought he had Yuji out for the count only for him to keep going.

Maybe part of his strength was subconsciously devoted to keep Sukuna suppressed? Along with the apparent ability as a "vessel" to absorb the cursed energy of cursed objects he consumes, it'd be more playing around with classic tropes by having the great powerful evil sealed within the protagonist not grant him strength, but in fact having held him back until he was rid of it.

Didn't this sort of happen with Naruto? Like he was using fox chakra early on when poo poo would hit the fan, but it turns out his own natural chakra was so dedicated to holding back the fox that it was the reason he was terrible at ninja magic.

It's been a while since I read naruto.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

Gologle posted:

Sukuna low diffs everyone, Yuji is down on his knees, trembling in terror and despair. Sukuna raises his hand to Cleave, then there is a full page Clap SFX

Todo comes out of nowhere and him and Yuji are the two final characters to take on the last boss AGAIN

There was the SFX clap when Kenjaku got decapitated and Yuta somehow swapped to being the opposite side of him

I’m thinking our boy is gonna make an appearance

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

PringleCreamEgg posted:

Didn't this sort of happen with Naruto? Like he was using fox chakra early on when poo poo would hit the fan, but it turns out his own natural chakra was so dedicated to holding back the fox that it was the reason he was terrible at ninja magic.

It's been a while since I read naruto.

At no point in time has Yuji ever been normal, even without a lick of training he was aggressively superhuman without even a single finger. Even in the first moments of chapter 1, there was something Wrong about him. We can't really figure out what about Yuji is because he had Sukuna in him and what was just his own freakish nature, but that he was able to casually get punted through a building and come back, running, tells you the dude has been underestimated.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
Yuji was also taught some ancient martial art. And his family is kind of not right in the head - his dad was fully aware that his wife was deceased but still chose to have a child with her reanimated corpse which was housing a 1,000 year old bodysnatching wizard.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Gearhead posted:

At no point in time has Yuji ever been normal, even without a lick of training he was aggressively superhuman without even a single finger. Even in the first moments of chapter 1, there was something Wrong about him. We can't really figure out what about Yuji is because he had Sukuna in him and what was just his own freakish nature, but that he was able to casually get punted through a building and come back, running, tells you the dude has been underestimated.

Did he have the finger when Megumi first saw him around school? I don't think so.

Yuji is Fuckin Weird.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Electric Phantasm posted:

Oh thank God

Anyway Todo can't help until Takada is done touring.

If anything he's probably a self-appointed bodyguard now.

Lamebot fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Dec 12, 2023

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

yum posted:

Yuji was also taught some ancient martial art. And his family is kind of not right in the head - his dad was fully aware that his wife was deceased but still chose to have a child with her reanimated corpse which was housing a 1,000 year old bodysnatching wizard.

they're just Freaks Like That -- And That's OK

ThatBasqueGuy fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Dec 12, 2023

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Shinjobi posted:

Did he have the finger when Megumi first saw him around school? I don't think so.

Yuji is Fuckin Weird.

You could say that he's... An exception.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

yum posted:

Honestly, I'd miss my wife enough I get it. I don't condone it but I understand the man.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Even with his CT in limbo, Todo is an absolute tank and a genius fighter to boot. He could have shown up earlier in the culling game if only to gather intel within the domes as given all that we've seen he could probably trash a good number of sorcerers without needing boogie woogie. So here's hoping his absence is just him finding the right way to incorporate other hands into his technique.

yum posted:

The amount of dedication Kenjaku had towards his research is astounding.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
I think you haven't considered another angle: Gege simply forgor.

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012

yum posted:

Kenjaku loving rules. Out here breastfeeding the main character for The Plan.

What other villain can even compare?

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Yeah Kenjaku is super loving weird and it owns

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

GreenMetalSun posted:

Kenjaku loving rules. Out here breastfeeding the main character for The Plan.

What other villain can even compare?

Did he do it for the plan, or did he do it because it was a novel experience after a thousand years? His "idea" for Yuji seemed to be an extremely, extremely vague thought that he'd be the eye of the storm, but otherwise he didn't seem to be pushing for a particular role for him.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

Did he do it for the plan, or did he do it because it was a novel experience after a thousand years? His "idea" for Yuji seemed to be an extremely, extremely vague thought that he'd be the eye of the storm, but otherwise he didn't seem to be pushing for a particular role for him.

I still think it was the latter. Kenjaku had no way of knowing that there would be a falling out between Geto and Gojo, nor that an entity like Mahito would manifest as well. Yuji might have just been the first of several experiments Kenjaku was going to conduct regarding whatever augmentations Yuji has, much like Choso is the first of his generation of death womb paintings.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Just mad scientist things

Caros
May 14, 2008

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Just mad scientist things

If you want something done right, you do it yourself.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
He already tried messing with an unrelated person's pregnancy and impregnating someone, the next logical step is being the one impregnated.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
kenjaku probly just wanted antigravity system. i bet he didn't even try to have yuji

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
Early lovely scans: https://imgur.com/a/5QB6mQE

This is... stupid. Sukuna is sucking the air out of this manga at a speed that is frankly staggering.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
oh so he can just bring a cursed tool / weapon into the courtroom and then instead of sealing his techniques it just removes the weapon? That’s loving stupid. This means Higuruma’s technique is actually really lovely, because pretty much anyone who is a threat has easy access to cursed tools. I actually like Sukuna being bored of the process and not giving a poo poo, but this was a glaring and obvious weakness that no one should have overlooked.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
i can't believe the final boss wasn't defeated by "lawyer guy" side character

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
It's more that the story is wrapping up and dude keeps pulling new tricks out his rear end, and conversely nobody else is progressing. What's the hope, someone pulls a deus ex machina out their rear end and now it sticks? That seems like fun and engaging storytelling. "No, see, this thing that should totally work doesn't work because of an aspect we never even hinted at" is loving stupid and they keep pulling it. It's one thing to ape Naruto, it's another to include the lovely ending with Madara in that.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Collapsing Farts posted:

i can't believe the final boss wasn't defeated by "lawyer guy" side character
Don't think anyone expected that but 'every person helps whittle down the big bad until the final blow can be dealt' is a fairly normal thing to expect and it isn't going great for the fellas.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Unique ability interactions are fine and dandy. But the whole idea behind Higuruma's ability prior to this is that it will take something from the body of the person rendered guilty. For Yuji we got the wrinkle that Confiscation took his ability to utilize cursed energy because he had no technique of his own. But if Judgeman only takes one set of techniques from a target then Sukuna still had a 50/50 shot at losing either the vastly depleted 10 Shadows or his own native technique. What would be different in just saying that because Divine Dog or the Frog summon weren't destroyed that Sukuna still technically has 10S and the coin toss came out in his favor? I mean sure, confiscating someone's gun is still taking a power away from them but in a court of law what is being sentenced is the individual, not a weapon they can/could use to commit a crime.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀

Pierson posted:

Don't think anyone expected that but 'every person helps whittle down the big bad until the final blow can be dealt' is a fairly normal thing to expect and it isn't going great for the fellas.

Well they did just whittle away his cursed tool

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Collapsing Farts posted:

Well they did just whittle away his cursed tool

The cursed tool that literally hasn't managed to inflict damage even once and that is so disappointing even Kashimo tanked it. Not very meaningful.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
EDIT: Nm I have nothing to really add the chapter speaks for itself.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Dec 13, 2023

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The thing about 10 Shadows is that it's gonna just just hanging there as something that can flip the table again because we have no idea how Mahoraga works with the totality aspect of the technique- nevermind Megumi's incomplete domain.

The ultimate form of the 10 Shadows technique may not be owning the whole menagerie, but instead be what happens if you control all the shikigami and then they are destroyed and allowed to merge into one being. Or maybe that unlocks the ability to complete a 10 Shadows domain or something and it wasn't Megumi just being inexperienced.

And that's before you get into whatever bullshit Sukuna is still obviously keeping in his back pocket.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Sword can still work right?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

This loving sucks. Like the lamest possible way to resolve what should have been a cool interaction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
The sword still works yeah but Sukuna still has Unlimited Cleave Works so this is very bad.