Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Unrelated, but I'm reminded of a Batman elseworlds or whatever comic where the united states successfully outlawed all guns after the civil war, so all crimes were carried out by bladed weaponry instead.

This leads to Bruce Wayne's parents being murdered by a thug with a knife, leading to Batman only using guns to fight crime since he can't stand the thought of using knives.

Once again, unrelated to the topic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

You can do whatever you want in life.

That's just the Punisher, though, straight-up

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
Today I realized that Batman is just a glorified bounty hunter who doesn't collect a bounty.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Houle posted:

Today I realized that Batman is just a glorified bounty hunter who doesn't collect a bounty.

lol what an idiot. Guys luck his parents were rich otherwise he's be working less than minimum wage at amazon.

Edit: to make this thread relevant what comic books/sci fi books do aliens read? Would it just be like watchmen and they all read poo poo about space pirates.

...space pirates are cool

dr_rat fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Dec 6, 2023

Vakal
May 11, 2008
I imagine it would be like Galaxy Quest where some alien species have no concept of what 'acting' or 'storytelling' is.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Zefiel posted:

E: a legendary high, a high that would be spoken of in hushed tones by stones for generations to come

Strong acid. And not on blotter paper, straight from the vial. Huge dose, under your tongue and hold it there. 40 min later you will be so drat high you will forget that you even took something. Equivalent to about 400,000 doinks smoked at once

That’s when the aliens know you are cool enough to communicate with

Thumbprint works too but you have to know some crusty deadheads to get a hold of that poo poo

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Extra row of tits posted:

Mine does but shes fucken French.

does she fly around on a baguette?

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

I think Batman could have done a lot more against crime by instead donating half of his fortune to selected charities. Like, he's beating up 2-3 heroin addicts and pickpockets per week. That's not much. With the right donations he could have reduced the city's crime rate permanently by 20-30%. That's tens of thousands of crimes less each year.

e: yeah, ok, the supervillains would still need some kind of solution. The methadone program definitely won't fix whatever is going on with that crocodile guy. Gotta workshop this idea some more

GABA ghoul fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Dec 7, 2023

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

You can do whatever you want in life.

The Phantom Zone is ALWAYS an option

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

BigBadSteve posted:

What if all the people who told Grusch about aliens were just sick of his bullshit, and trolling him?

"Yeah Grusch, sure. The aliens are real. Y'know, we autopsied one just last week. {snigger}"

They were probably very clear and telling him in no uncertain terms there are no aliens. Grusch would just wink and say "don't worry, I get the coded message "

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

GABA ghoul posted:

I think Batman could have done a lot more against crime by instead donating half of his fortune to selected charities. Like, he's beating up 2-3 heroin addicts and pickpockets per week. That's not much. With the right donations he could have reduced the city's crime rate permanently by 20-30%. That's tens of thousands of crimes less each year.

e: yeah, ok, the supervillains would still need some kind of solution. The methadone program definitely won't fix whatever is going on with that crocodile guy. Gotta workshop this idea some more

When Bruce Wayne/Batman is introduced in the first episode of the 1966 Batman TV series he's agreeing to fund anti-crime community centres across all of Gotham City, specifically in memory of his parents and to try and prevent other families from suffering a similar tragedy. That episode also has Frank Gorshin as the Riddler pretending to commit a crime to trick Batman into attacking him so he can sue him in court and force him to publicly disclose his identity, plus Batman goes to a discotheque and lays down some funky moves. It's great.

That show really was the best ever screen adaptation of the Batman

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Batman 1966 tv show cinematic universe when hollywood?????

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

When Bruce Wayne/Batman is introduced in the first episode of the 1966 Batman TV series he's agreeing to fund anti-crime community centres across all of Gotham City, specifically in memory of his parents and to try and prevent other families from suffering a similar tragedy. That episode also has Frank Gorshin as the Riddler pretending to commit a crime to trick Batman into attacking him so he can sue him in court and force him to publicly disclose his identity, plus Batman goes to a discotheque and lays down some funky moves. It's great.

That show was awesome. I remember watching it as a kid and not even understanding that it was supposed to be camp/satire. There is that scene where Batman is fighting a plastic shark while hanging from a helicopter and he has a shark repellent spray and that's when it clicked for me that maybe this isn't a 100% accurate documentary of the life of Batman and Robin

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

dr_rat posted:

lol what an idiot. Guys luck his parents were rich otherwise he's be working less than minimum wage at amazon.

Edit: to make this thread relevant what comic books/sci fi books do aliens read? Would it just be like watchmen and they all read poo poo about space pirates.

...space pirates are cool
Single Female Lawyer

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

Strong acid. And not on blotter paper, straight from the vial. Huge dose, under your tongue and hold it there. 40 min later you will be so drat high you will forget that you even took something. Equivalent to about 400,000 doinks smoked at once

That’s when the aliens know you are cool enough to communicate with

Thumbprint works too but you have to know some crusty deadheads to get a hold of that poo poo

theres a weirdly strong correlation between people who are really into and have met aliens and people who are also doing lots of psychadelic drugs
i can only assume it must open their third eye or maybe emits some kind of signalling ray for the aliens to home in on

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Aliens only like to hang out with cool people op.

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020

uber_stoat posted:

does she fly around on a baguette?

While being smelly and believing losing makes you sophisticated.

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer
They don't want to tell u that the spinning orb portal UFOs musta sent that plane into this dimension

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCxcPAvBEFU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caEFm_qJ1lE

Mederlock fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Dec 8, 2023

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

dr_rat posted:

Aliens only like to hang out with cool people op.

That explains why I've never seen one :smith:

120923_4
Dec 10, 2023
8,200 users and they are all psychotically autist

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

U
loving
Oaf

121123_4
Dec 12, 2023
these fuckers sit around all day and program the chronology program to instate a dictatorship of immobility

121323_2
Dec 13, 2023
the next hour should be good;

the other should experience enormous decreases in sound, despite amplification

enormously unlivable fast speed

remain enormously dry

experience a moderate amount of communication issues

and have the entire hour last for approximately ~17 minutes

GO!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
:10bux: to post that. Tragic.

121323_4
Dec 13, 2023
apparently this poo poo aint intense enough by a long shot

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Shocking new evidence
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yzq0t37nuH8

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
I got bored at work yesterday and read some of the aliens stole mh370 reddit

Those people are nuts

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Non Compos Mentis posted:

Those people are nuts

sorry but orbs vs mh370 is extremely real.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Those people are nuts
How's the weather in Langley?

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Saw 22 UFOs

Perfect line of bright lights in the sky

I'm pretty sure it was just Elon though

PoPcornTG
Mar 26, 2007

Dogs day afternoon
Bleak Gremlin

Those people are nuts

I thought this had been thoroughly debunked. What are they even talking about?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Mulaney Power Move posted:

This is what I have proposed. It explains all the USOs and tic tac UFO sightings over the ocean. You see, they are time travelers from an ancient advanced civilization of the past that exists in the future. They are studying climate change.

Many think the space men from beyond the moon visit us because we harnessed the power of the atom. This is false. They are more interested in methane emissions. Their preoccupation with the human butthole is because they have evolved beyond asses.

They also are going extinct because they are assless and sexless. That's why they perform sexual experiments. They want to replenish their gene pool and have offspring who are not assless and weird.

This also explains why they are so familiar with our earth religions and in many cases are Christians who follow the ten commandments.

More information will drop soon. Major disclosure is incoming. Stay tuned!

list the commandments. Pretty sure I break 3 of them daily

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
I am real late to the party

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

PoPcornTG posted:

The footage is from a drone or an awacs or something but also a satellite
They have another copy of the video that has gps coordinates in the filename so of course its true

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

PoPcornTG posted:

kim dot com offered a ransom for the original doctored video

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

temple posted:

kim dot com offered a ransom for the original doctored video

Yeah, but her husband died in a helicopter accident

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
besides the aliens taking mh370 for sex experiments or sexperiments, there is also meant to be some big reveal of aliens on the 23rd because some shortwave radio nut found a secret code being transmitted by what sounds like dogmen because they say they are canine

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

If someone says they are canine, you have to believe them. It is the law.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
If dogs have obtained shortwave technology they should be allowed to post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
What sort of monster would stop a dog posting if it wanted to post?

like the hell.