Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

deoju posted:

Rumors of a space CMF series.

1. Robot human suit for tiny aliens
2. Classic Space Robot
3. Retro Spacewoman (Female version of Series 17 fig)
4. M-Tron Redux
5. Alien in UFO costume
6. Grey Alien Tourist
7. Alien Insectoid
8. Modern Astronaut
9. Ice Planet Redux with Space Penguin
10. Mutated BlackTron
11. Orian with translucent parts
12. Space Nurse with Pink Space Baby

source

Well that's a full buy from me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Lego in full "dangit, kids ain't buying our poo poo anymore. let's market everything at people that were kids 25+ years ago" mode.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

deoju posted:

Rumors of a space CMF series.

1. Robot human suit for tiny aliens
2. Classic Space Robot
3. Retro Spacewoman (Female version of Series 17 fig)
4. M-Tron Redux
5. Alien in UFO costume
6. Grey Alien Tourist
7. Alien Insectoid
8. Modern Astronaut
9. Ice Planet Redux with Space Penguin
10. Mutated BlackTron
11. Orian with translucent parts
12. Space Nurse with Pink Space Baby

There's a few in there I am really interested in.

source

Just give me a regular BlackTron! Why mutated?

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Just give me a regular BlackTron! Why mutated?

Yeah I don't get it . Here's the leaked picture

https://yt3.ggpht.com/68CYZjcQDVbflNHfQL9-kYV3o7pRM2poD5vWkh_6j6yXrXG1mhNuYTeXQi4PpnpZapTJ4TrYxbG2UQ=s1024-nd-v1

I was more hyped about reading the descriptions than seeing the actual things.

Just let me get a bunch of the classic colors and outfits, like with the galaxy explorer! Reject modernity!

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

Looks amazing, definitely going to be buying a full set from a reseller or something.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
blurry pic of the batch just posted on reddit.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Legoleak/comments/18hlyqu/minifigures_space_collectible_minifig_series_from/
e:f,b

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

Lego doing the 'year of space" makes me wonder if they might do a future year of castle or fantasy or something.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
lol the tourist

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

mitochondritom posted:

Looks amazing, definitely going to be buying a full set from a reseller or something.

Huh, I was hoping for a little more "upgraded classic space" but this is good too.

Optimist Prime
Jul 30, 2007

Well, that was quick.

chainsaw

CHAINSAW

CHAINSAW

E: beaten like three times over, lol. For content: space penguin!!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Optimist Prime fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Dec 13, 2023

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Spyrius and Unitron were my childhood space themes of choice, but they rarely ever do any callbacks to those. Aside from the clear-helmet robot minifig, though, the themes were pretty bland as far as figs go, so I get it, lol.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

mutata posted:

Aside from the clear-helmet robot minifig,
That figure is named Major Kartofski. It was the first figure with printed legs.

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
Need to lose the normie human one. Everything else looks good

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Not even the good Blacktron, sheesh.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
All this space stuff and still no Apollo CSM.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Sloppy posted:

Not even the good Blacktron, sheesh.

:hmmyes:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
They could do a series of 12 classic spaceman in New colors and it would be better.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

deoju posted:

That figure is named Major Kartofski. It was the first figure with printed legs.

lol I did not know any of this and that's pretty funny.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
I'm gonna need a bunch of those alien tourists.

Two full teams of alien baseball players is a pet project, i have no further reasoning available.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Do we still have a Lego Discord?

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
I love Brickset for keeping up with news (with an appropriate amount of ad blocking, especially on the phone), and I totally understand why they're doing it, but I find having to scroll through the daily advent calendar news posts really annoying. With them doing all five calendars, that's an extra 120 news posts, on top of the daily minifig/part of the day posts.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

omg chael crash posted:

Do we still have a Lego Discord?

Discord server, "Something AFOL": https://discord.gg/MRysheuRMN

Tony Sorete
Jun 19, 2011

Manager de rock

Skios posted:

I love Brickset for keeping up with news (with an appropriate amount of ad blocking, especially on the phone), and I totally understand why they're doing it, but I find having to scroll through the daily advent calendar news posts really annoying. With them doing all five calendars, that's an extra 120 news posts, on top of the daily minifig/part of the day posts.

If you have a login there you can edit your news preferences here.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

mitochondritom posted:

I am never going to financially recover from this.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Nevermind I was wrong

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

A Christmas build from 11033!

Instructions here:
https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-166869/mattking4/11033-santas-visit/#details

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

So I’ve been sorting my collection in preparation of selling sets, replacing lost and broken parts from my kids playing with them, and segregating out the kids’ sets for when they eventually move out (they’re 19 and 17 now).

Having sorted about 80% of my collection and having looked at all of the lines that I bought into, I just have to say that it is criminal that Alien Conquest only for a single wave. What a fantastic line.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

mitochondritom posted:

Nah, not “classic” enough for me.👴🏻

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
If you like the M Tron, Blacktron, and Ice Planet figures, you might also dig this Space Police cmf.

bltzn
Oct 26, 2020

For the record I do not have a foot fetish.
New to the whole moc thing but I bought a bunch of bricks off bricklink and they've just been sitting unsorted in my closet for a while. My partner and I are finally going to build them together this weekend. I just hope my designs aren't poo poo and actually hold up in real life. Anyway here's my attempt at a 10th gen civic hatchback.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
finished my 2 fiats today. blue and yellow blue and yellow blue and yellow

bltzn posted:

New to the whole moc thing but I bought a bunch of bricks off bricklink and they've just been sitting unsorted in my closet for a while. My partner and I are finally going to build them together this weekend. I just hope my designs aren't poo poo and actually hold up in real life. Anyway here's my attempt at a 10th gen civic hatchback.

looks nice

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

lol. got owned by a missing part. they gave me an extra 1x16 brown brick in lieu of what should be a second tan 6x8 plate. awesome

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

i had to double check like 5 times to make sure that i'm not supposed to have two 1x16 bricks at this stage (bag 3)

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
Just grabbed the expert big Ben off marketplace for $50. No booklet though.

radlum
May 13, 2013
Are there any good Lego themed coffee table books? All I can find in my local bookstores are Star Wars related lego books

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Just got gifted the 42132 Motorcyle for my workplace's Secret Santa. Whipped it together and now I'm tempted to buy another so I can have the chopper and streetfighter side-by-side on my desk.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

radlum posted:

Are there any good Lego themed coffee table books? All I can find in my local bookstores are Star Wars related lego books

Here ya go! https://www.amazon.com/The-Ultimate-LEGO-Book-Publishing/dp/078944691X

Published in 1999, legitimately this thing is a treat to flip through over 20 years later

https://archive.org/details/ultimatelegobook0000unse/mode/1up

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Think it’s done, got some red rounded pieces for the shoulders, lowered the entire thing so it’s more squat, filled in around/lowered the main gun and added some green to match the LAAT

https://imgur.com/a/FNBcPNR

I still want to make larger footpads for the four outside legs and get some smooth triangle pieces for the edges of the main armor tho

hellotoothpaste
Dec 21, 2006

I dare you to call it a perm again..

radlum posted:

I almost lost it when I saw this, but I was in Barnes & Noble for the little guy presents. It comes with an OG orange space minifig, and is a incredibly detailed history.

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/lego-minifigure-a-visual-history-new-edition-gregory-farshtey/1137571710?ean=9780744023732

For people that like these kinds of things, another favorite of mine is The Art of Atari. It’s an awesome homage to the technical and artistic work required back then:

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/art-of-atari-tim-lapetino/1123814218?ean=9781524101039

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hellotoothpaste
Dec 21, 2006

I dare you to call it a perm again..

In other news, building the Home Alone build is like devoting your life to… something that takes forever I guess. The manual is almost an inch thick, I’m on step 420 (natch) - for perspective, it’s taking twice as long as Sesame Street did (which is now in pieces in a LEGO table, RIP)