Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
I could see that being the problem. Even if they’re giving all their people proper compensation, it would be promoting the property of a struck studio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
I can't believe Mark lost his cell phone, how will they be able to film baboon without him?

The strike just means they need to get the approval from WGA and SAG before filming, and I think in years past they've been waiting till the season is almost started before announcing? So, I'm not really worried about it, even if there isn't a season this year OC has survived some pretty crappy turn of events.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
From their email:

"We would like to clarify that we are still participating in and in solidarity with the ongoing and hugely important WGA/SAG-AFTRA strikes for fair wages, benefits, and job security. As a team we have discussed what is possible for us to do without crossing the picket line and in conversations with our production studio, decided that this made the most sense. This Summer Recap is both a fun part of On Cinema and a way for us to show you that we are not leaving you in the lurch. We have more in process that you will hear about soon!

We do not know how long this strike will last and so we can't say when we will be able to restart our full production. We are hoping that early next year we can bring you Season 14 of On Cinema at the Cinema and more.

For our HEI Annual Subs that have become members or resubscribed this year, we are adding on three months of free HEI Network to your subscriptions to make sure that no matter what you will be able to view the new Season without having to pay again. This change is not reflected in your account yet, but we will send out an update to you when it is."

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
For those that don't follow Tim on Twitter, he has been spending most of 2023 doing a longform joke about the proliferation of Clint Eastwood fan accounts. There's several accounts that are named things like "Clint Official Eastwood" that would add watermarks to pictures of Clint walking down the street on a day off, or getting water at some event. So, the Tim Heidecker account has been doing the same for candids of Tim. I don't think they expected twitter to last this long, considering it feels like the whole place is falling apart.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

That's Phil Braun doing that, not Tim. Tim stopped using Twitter and was going to just delete his account when Vic Berger told him that that would mean someone else could get it and start using it, so Tim let Phil take it over to do the ridiculous and very funny Clint Eastwood parody.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
That's true, I knew it was Phil but didn't know what all was going on there, thanks for filling in the details for me.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Chairman Capone posted:

That's Phil Braun doing that, not Tim. Tim stopped using Twitter and was going to just delete his account when Vic Berger told him that that would mean someone else could get it and start using it, so Tim let Phil take it over to do the ridiculous and very funny Clint Eastwood parody.

Lol that rules

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Good article about the Clint Eastwood thing here:

https://defector.com/a-fistful-of-eastwoos-inside-the-battle-for-clint-twitter

u_s_eh
Feb 19, 2005

I AM ALL I AM NONE
Looks like Phil snuck a Geddython Easter egg in there

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

If I was old, rich, famous and bored, I would totally tell a bunch of internet wackos that they’re now my official social media account just to watch them get in petty wars with eachother.

E: these accounts are amazing and I love how there’s a network of them that all seem to be the same person, even this one that’s proud to be unofficial and posting unwatermarked images yet still has wild editing issues.

https://twitter.com/unrealtheclint/status/1686132495518244864

EL BROMANCE fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Sep 21, 2023

screaden
Apr 8, 2009
I don't listen/watch Office Hours so was wondering what it was about, I thought it was AI generated images.

I'm glad he didn't completely delete his twitter though so all the in universe tweets on the On Cinema Timeline are still available.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

screaden posted:

I don't listen/watch Office Hours so was wondering what it was about, I thought it was AI generated images.

I'm glad he didn't completely delete his twitter though so all the in universe tweets on the On Cinema Timeline are still available.

Unless you're really against podcasts in general, if you post in this thread you really should listen to Office Hours. At the very least it's a lot of fun and usually there is at least one bit they do each episode that has me stopping to literally laugh out loud which almost never happens with comedy podcasts (though I will admit I'm not really a fan of the musical guests, but that also goes for CBB and the like). The Phil appearances are reliably some of the best parts. It is very different from the tone of On Cinema though.

It's kind of crazy to think back to the start when it was just Tim shooting the poo poo with callers on Skype when he could get it to work and at least 20% of all calls were proto-alt right nutjobs dogpiling him for "forcing" Comedy Central to cancel whatever that stupid Sam Hyde show was. Actually kind of surprising that the show started in 2016 and four years later he had multiple congressional candidates on.

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

Office hours seems pretty high energy for a talk show, I’ve listened to a few eps and it sounds like there’s a lot of visual gags you miss if you’re not watching the stream

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

I can only listen occasionally because of the energy level, but I do enjoy it. It's kind of like a parody of a morning zoo show

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
I don't watch it often but have found it very entertaining, its just too much to keep up with I think

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Office hours is probably the best podcast of all time if you're a gen X Dylan-head or Beatles nut.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
lookit this gregg
https://www.youtube.com/clip/UgkxJ_B1sa1JLONqOJpskwufGcl2nX0ugoWQ

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i havent watched much office hours but last christmas gregg added an absolute banger to the Christmas playlist

timestamp isnt working but its an hour in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LAMMZJGrMs

That DICK! fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Oct 10, 2023

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Watching an old episode of GCCX (Game Center CX DVD Challenge - Resident Evil Director's Cut)

Same Arino, same.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
The FTX guy is on trial for his crimes and has decided to defend himself, and as far as I can tell, once again reality is imitating On Cinema

https://twitter.com/innercitypress/status/1717645264700227752

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

The Vosgian Beast posted:

The FTX guy is on trial for his crimes and has decided to defend himself, and as far as I can tell, once again reality is imitating On Cinema

https://twitter.com/innercitypress/status/1717645264700227752

He's not defending himself, he's just on the witness stand. In that exchange, Cohen is SBF's lawyer.

Still a very On Cinema trial, particularly the defendant petitioning the judge to give him more Adderall.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Civilized Fishbot posted:

He's not defending himself, he's just on the witness stand. Still a very On Cinema trial, particularly the defendant petitioning the judge to give him more Adderall.

The name of the case is United States of America v. Samuel Bankman-Fried so in what sense is he not defending himself?

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Salt Fish posted:

The name of the case is United States of America v. Samuel Bankman-Fried so in what sense is he not defending himself?

I'm in too deep and can't tell if this is a pseudo-Gregg bit

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

Salt Fish posted:

In the sense that he has professional lawyers acting as his defense attorneys.

The trial has that name because he's the defendant, meaning that the trial will decide whether he's guilty of a crime, any penalties, etc. The names of the attorneys never appear in the name of the trial.

When we say a defendant is "defending himself" what that means is that he's waived his right to counsel, that he's going to act as his own attorney.

This is what Tim does in The Trial when he dismisses his lawyer and continues to participate in the trial as both defendant and defense attorney - he starts giving statements, making objections, examining witnesses. It goes horribly and that's true to real life. There's an old saying that the lawyer who represents himself has a fool for a client, and it's a hundred times worse when the defendant isn't even a lawyer.

SBF isn't doing this. He's taking the stand (risky) and answering questions he doesn't have to answer (stupid) but he's not defending himself in the legal sense.

Civilized Fishbot fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Oct 27, 2023

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Ah got you, I thought you were saying he was a witness in another trial unrelated to his imminent life in jail.

The examination yesterday was done without a jury present, apparently because both the defense and judge were worried about what SBF was going to say/do. The judge said (apparently) that is so rare that he couldn't remember the proper procedure for conducting this type of pre-jury practice examination. SBF gets to do take two today, same questions but with a jury, so it'll be interesting to see how well he prepared overnight.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

He's not defending himself, he's just on the witness stand. In that exchange, Cohen is SBF's lawyer.

Still a very On Cinema trial, particularly the defendant petitioning the judge to give him more Adderall.

Mea culpa, still very funny

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

Looking forward to watching "Richie Rich's Christmas Wish (1998, 84 minutes)" with my family this weekend

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

New content dropped. Every week this month Gregg is doing a popcorn classic birthday of a movie that came out that day

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1722007845971832946

Hollywood stealing from On Cinema yet again.

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Watching Tim Heidecker aping Bill Maher. Is that what I think it is?

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011
Yeah a few years ago they sold empty Dekkar-branded whiskey bottles.

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Oh that's cool. Heidecker is so funny in this.

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Ohhhh....

...empty...bottle...

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
You can fill it up again.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

lol I think I just got an ad for Hanes underwear featuring Manuel, good to see he's keeping busy

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
dude is ridiculously handsome plus he does a spot on Pacino, proof that you really can have it all in life

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

New season January 3rd, and for now we can all study the evidence and come to our own conclusions about Gregg's criminal negligence:
https://www.heinetwork.tv/episode/case-closed-breach-of-trust/

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

Oh my God, LaserDiscs?! This is massive!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I got a tour of the Academy archives earlier this year and they have a whole section of VHS, I wish I could get Gregg in there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

With his luck he'd probably burn the place down