Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

In the early 00s when I was a baby gay one of the most validating things for me was being stoned as hell at like 2am and watching an episode of her show where people who are in debt have to learn how to budget and there was a gay couple on there and they were just a couple of dorks living in a basement spending way too much money on video games and anime, and that's when I realized that gay people can be anybody we want to be

Her show was the OG dril candle tweet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

"Gail, help us! Our finances are poo poo!"

"You spend $2,000 a month on wine. Stop it."

"Wow, what an eye for money!"

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Just another dumb loving idiot.

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
I voted for Hamas

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

your rent is going to support buisness innovators who were good at junior B hockey one time and leveraged that to go to Mexico and get naked and high and try to gently caress locals. without that 3600 in rent how could hood Canadian culture be spread across the world?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Vintersorg posted:

Wait, we were voting for Hamas? gently caress, sorry, it's almost lunch time and I thought you said hummus.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

Isentropy posted:

your rent is going to support buisness innovators who were good at junior B hockey one time and leveraged that to go to Mexico and get naked and high and try to gently caress locals. without that 3600 in rent how could hood Canadian culture be spread across the world?

being good at junior b hockey just means you could get a TBI and immediately pop back up and start swinging to protect the pride of the Sylvan Lake Minor Hockey Association

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Vintersorg posted:

I had the "joy" of listening to the dumb loving idiots up on the Hill an hour ago where dipshits like Anthony Housefucker pissed and whined about Canada voting in favour of a ceasefire. It's absolutely incredible how so many politicians who claim to be progressive become two-faced weasels the minute Israel is mentioned. Human rights for me, Palestinians deserve death because of Hamas is all I heard coming out of that little fucker's mouth.

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!
the liberal is always for every civil rights movement except for the current one and against every war except the current one.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Imagine if that show existed right now

Food $200
Data $150
Rent $3,600
Candles $20
Utility $150

Somebody who is good at the economy please help, my family is dying

move out of your l*x*ry c*ndo

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
Gently caress = f*ck
Developer's delight = l*xury condo??

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
i'm reporting this thread to the admins for repeated use of hateful language

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwdBk0mZtAg

All of the other attempts to "remove big government regulations holding developers back" are unrelated to this, and can only be considered in a vacuum. I am a very smart Canadian liberal.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Frosted Flake posted:

lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwdBk0mZtAg

All of the other attempts to "remove big government regulations holding developers back" are unrelated to this, and can only be considered in a vacuum. I am a very smart Canadian liberal.

ff you literally know nothing about local politics here

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

CLAM DOWN posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBuWx-_IH0g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSngBuOKuS8

I think I cracked the code.

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

CLAM DOWN posted:

im with u on this one

edit:

but there's something that keeps scratching at the back of my head here ...

quote:

Vancouver mayor announces plan to remove city's independent park board

Aaron Jasper, who served on the park board as a commissioner and chair from 2008 to 2014 says he's concerned that Sim and council want to wrest power from the independent body and ultimately seek to develop some of the green space, such as the city's golf courses, which it's responsible for.

"My worst fear … is a potential land grab," said Jasper. "No board that has ever been in power would ever allow green space, park space to be carved off for any other purpose, housing or anything, and my concern is that mayor and council are eyeing some of those green assets."

Hubbert has issued a correction as of 21:30 on Dec 13, 2023

Rodney The Yam II
Mar 3, 2007

the real stairwells are the friends we maid along the way

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

you're a real fuckin weirdo

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
I'm requesting an emergency nonconsensual maid for this l*andlord

https://globalnews.ca/news/10163480/bc-baby-rent-hike-housing-occupant/

quote:

B.C. couple faces $600-a-month rent hike when their baby becomes new ‘occupant'

A Vancouver woman who is eight months pregnant says her landlord is threatening to raise the rent once her child has been born.

Joy Maynard and Antoine Moore are expecting their first child any day and have been living in their Vancouver basement suite since April 2021.

They told their landlord earlier in the summer about the pregnancy and Maynard said he informed them that his son is the owner of the house so they need to be talking to his son about these matters.

That’s when they said they were informed that any additional occupant would cost them $600 a month.

“We also told them that my mom is coming to visit. The son said that my mom is going to be considered an occupant,” Maynard said.

“So any rules that they have pertaining to occupants applies to my mom and as well to the baby. So there was a set amount in our release that spoke about new occupants and it was $600 per person. We were hoping $600 for a baby would have seemed ridiculous to everybody, but they were like, ‘No, this is what it says in your lease. It’ll be that for the baby regardless. So there would be a stiff increase in your rent’.”

B.C.’s Housing Minister, Ravi Kahlon, told Global News Monday that this couple’s landlord should “give himself a head shake” but he is in a legal position to do this.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Karach posted:

On the one hand, I'm not sure what they were expecting from a parasite-in-human-flesh that had a $600-per-extra-occupant term in the lease. On the other hand, guillotine.

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888

Karach posted:

hahahahaha its like scrooge levels of comic book villainry

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

Karach posted:

B.C.’s Housing Minister, Ravi Kahlon posted:

I mean, this is the challenge that we have with sometimes landlords and tenants. Most landlords are good people and they operate in a good, transparent way. But this is a situation in which reminds us that we need to continue to find ways to strengthen the rules to ensure that the tenants are protected when they move into new places

:wrongful:

linoleum floors
Mar 25, 2012

Please. Let me tell you all about how you're all idiots. I am of superior intellect here. Go suck some dicks. You have all fucking stupid opinions. This is my fucking opinion.
wHY DoNt PeoPLE wAnt To rENt

Everyone wants their own home!!!!

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

Karach posted:

B.C.’s Housing Minister, Ravi Kahlon, told Global News Monday that this couple’s landlord should “give himself a head shake” but he is in a legal position to do this.

Femtosecond
Aug 2, 2003

Do other cities in Canada without elected park boards regularly decide to sell parks to developers for l*xury c*ndos?

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
Ravi is a landlord and a cop

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Femtosecond posted:

Do other cities in Canada without elected park boards regularly decide to sell parks to developers for l*xury c*ndos?

here's one example

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/glenmore-landing-redevelopment-park-space-1.6992210 posted:

Group questions why City of Calgary is selling parkland near Glenmore Landing
City declared land to be surplus near SW shopping area as major redevelopment planned
Scott Dippel · CBC News · Posted: Oct 11, 2023 4:00 AM PDT | Last Updated: October 11

This park space at Glenmore Landing could one day be the site of some of the new buildings being planned. (Mike Symington/CBC News)

A group in southwest Calgary is raising questions about why the City of Calgary wants to sell land that it designated as park space four decades ago.

The city recently advertised its intention to dispose of the land on two sides of Glenmore Landing.

The city acquired the land in the 1980s and, at the time, signed an agreement with the then owner of the 10-acre shopping area, who agreed to maintain the city's land.

Several years ago, the city declared the 5.5 acres of land on the south and east sides of the shopping area to be surplus.

In 2015, city council voted to explore disposing of the land with the owner of Glenmore Landing, RioCan. Now, the company is planning a major redevelopment of the site.

RioCan envisions a major transit oriented development project at that location which would ultimately include several residential highrises as well as more commercial and mixed-use spaces.

A group calling itself Communities for Glenmore Landing Preservation said the city's 1983 agreement with the former owner of the site stipulated the land would only be used as park space.

"The city undertakes to utilize the parklands only for park purposes and for the purpose of roads, sidewalks, paths, street lamps, signs, traffic control devices, bus shelters with commercial signs, and underground utilities," reads the agreement on the land title.

A member of the group, Karen Pauling Shepard, said the city's original deal included maintaining the park space around Glenmore Landing to allow it to blend in with nearby areas, including the Glenmore Reservoir, and several city parks.

"We are opposing the land-use amendment change to sell the parklands, dedicated in perpetuity, because it will vastly change the character of the shopping centre in concert with the surrounding communities," said Pauling Shepard.

She wondered how the city could decide to turn the park space over for development.

"That is a question we have asked and we don't have an answer to it. How can parkland all of a sudden become surplus?

RioCan has a multi-stage plan for the redevelopment of Glenmore Landing at the corner of 14th Street and 90th Avenue SW (Submitted by RioCan)

The area's city councillor, Kourtney Penner, said the land was retained 40 years ago as greenspace because the city was unsure of the potential for future road development around the site.

At one time, an interchange at the corner of 14th Street and 90th Avenue S.W. was contemplated, but ultimately, it was not built.

Once the city decided to proceed with a bus rapid transitway station near the busy corner, Penner said the land was deemed no longer necessary to retain in city possession.

Instead, the city feels giving up the land allows it to meet other municipal needs, including greater density and transit- oriented development.

In that regard, selling the land is hardly unique, said Penner.

"We have a lot of sites like this across the whole city, where we kept land for future interchanges and now we're reviewing that and if we still need to hold on to that land," said Penner.

She said once the city reaches an agreement with RioCan to transfer the land, city council will have the final say on the deal.

The areas outlined in red are city-owned lands that have been declared surplus for a possible sale to RioCan. (Submitted by the City of Calgary)

RioCan has applied for a land-use change for its redevelopment plans. It intends to hold an open house session on Oct. 25 at Heritage Park to gather public input on its proposal.

Its application will ultimately go to the Calgary Planning Commission for a vote and then to city council, where a public hearing will be held, likely next year.

Pauling Shepard said her group has a number of concerns about RioCan's proposal.

She said it will increase traffic on nearby roads. "How are they going to accommodate 3,000 people in a small shopping centre with two points of ingress and egress?"

Pauling Shepard said the group isn't opposed to increased density at the site. Rather, its members want to know how so much growth will be managed.

"What we are opposed to is density in a compact area like Glenmore Landing where the downstream effects of a large development are going to be very, very hard, in regards to safety, traffic and changing the character of the Glenmore Reservoir and the parklands," she said.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟
https://twitter.com/j_mcelroy/status/1735000013581996090?t=WApGlor-hAg0ULyr7LrVnw&s=19

Being forced to pay for Twitter blue with my tax dollars is what will finally drive me out of this city

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

uh it's called X The Everything App show some respect bithc

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp
That is the shittiest parkland strip I've seen, that area and the location of it is giving me "preserve the parking lot" vibes.

I agree Parkland should be hoarded since once it's gone it never comes back but that is a terrible place to hoard for the future.

My at minimum is they need to build a transit hub there, and not just houses.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
i am begging each and every province; make a second good city

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

RealityWarCriminal posted:

i am begging each and every province; make a second good city

most provinces don't even have one

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

infernal machines posted:

most provinces don't even have one

Manitoba doesn’t even have a second city, let alone a good one.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

#populationprivilege

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
Why are Canadians so low energy and gloomy

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
lack of sunlight

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Karach posted:

Why are Canadians so low energy and gloomy

Because they're anglais

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Another Bill posted:

Because they're anglais

It's this. The English are miserable unless they're doing something cruel. That's why taskmaster is the best show

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

https://twitter.com/j_mcelroy/status/1735000013581996090?t=WApGlor-hAg0ULyr7LrVnw&s=19

Being forced to pay for Twitter blue with my tax dollars is what will finally drive me out of this city

lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

Femtosecond posted:

John Tory invented an imaginary park to flip for l*xury c*ndo developers.