Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Al! posted:

feels like the school massacre got washed over today

Just do more massacres so that each one feels less important and not a big deal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
i see you guys are at that point huh

RoboBoogie
Sep 18, 2008

Nairbo posted:

I've been on the fence about buying one, worried about appropriation. I'm as white and male as they come. I take it I'm wrong in my worry based on this? Happy to wear one out of solidarity even if it gives someone a small miniscule feeling of support.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

you are fine to wear one. it’s not appropriation.

it’s support, i am of Pakistani origin, and i am going to wear mine more often.

edit: please use it like a scarf, i don’t want internet friends to get shot. I love you all.

RoboBoogie has issued a correction as of 01:24 on Dec 14, 2023

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

Al! posted:

you might not have a star but it still shines bright in your heart lol

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Al! posted:

was it unsubstantiated because it sounds like there was film taken???? idk seems like machine gunning a classroom full of civilians (on foot) is a pretty big escalation

i keep waiting for any western press at all to even mention it

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Chillgamesh posted:

What was the fall of Apartheid South Africa like compared to this? I know basically nothing about it if anyone has some reading.

imagine if tomorrow Cuban troops suddenly showed up in Lebanon helping Hezbollah

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Mia Wasikowska posted:

i keep waiting for any western press at all to even mention it

The U.S. doesnt even care about mass school shootings within its own country. Its not going to care about this.

Whenever one happens with dozens of deaths, the only thing we focus on is protecting gun rights.

I said come in! has issued a correction as of 01:51 on Dec 14, 2023

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

I said come in! posted:

The U.S. doesnt even care about mass school shootings within its own country. Its not going to care about this.

it seems like even people itt are like "just throw it on the pile, who cares" so

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Al! posted:

it seems like even people itt are like "just throw it on the pile, who cares" so

well people itt are idiots. its definitely an escalation

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Al! posted:

Kind of feels like those are so common to no longer being considered newsworthy.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Al! posted:

i do, idk how the surgery made his face low poly but they pulled it off

i think it's how lopsided his face is now, like nature is pretty good at symmetry, but surgeons not so much apparently

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

colbert writers scanning this thread for "just like when american teen eat too many burger and shoot school" jokes

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

The school massacre is one of the cruelest things I’ve ever heard about and these atrocities are so overwhelmingly profane and they are carried out with such arrogance, it’s totally hosed

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

joepinetree posted:

You can always just be really into Chilean soccer

https://www.fcpalestina.co.uk/

They straight up make FC Palestina jerseys

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Zerg Mans posted:

God i hope they kill each other

:confused: why would you want finklestein to die?

oh yah, I forgot: STFU ZEGERMANS

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Al! posted:

what school massacre? nine israeli soldiers died today, it was the most casualties yet suffered by the idf since oct 7, and they are all heroes

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Mia Wasikowska posted:

well people itt are idiots. its definitely an escalation

Its been loving me up all day and I havent found the words for it.

Theres been one off snipes and shootings of Palestinian civilians (and I hate that I can say that)
But something on this level? to round up a bunch of people even the Israeli government wouldn't have the balls to claim as combatants and just execute them?

its beyond the pale.

Even among bombings that take dozens of lives, and wipe out families, this atrocity stands out.

Rigged Death Trap has issued a correction as of 02:59 on Dec 14, 2023

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Al! posted:

nobody wants to get permabanned by talking about how they feel about it

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

I will say that I hope every single member of the idf gets to try the one triangle challenge though

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

NoNotTheMindProbe posted:

A bunch of white Zimbabweans moved to Australia in the 90's when Mugabe came to power. They didn't know how to do basic stuff like cook for themselves or work a washing machine because they had black servants to do everything for them. One Zimbabweans tried to order some random local Aboriginal men around like they were servants and it didn't go well for him.

e. I don't envy wherever all the Israelis will end up going.

They're going to go back to Brooklyn and Long Island and make New York worse

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

John Charity Spring posted:

fwiw this isn't what happened, no-one was driven out and historians now think that it wasn't so much a colonisation as a shared coastal culture that developed at the same time due to trade links

This is pretty much every civilization that 19th century romantics saw their origins/beginnings of their national oppression in.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
just trying to boost the signal when I see it it's all I got, but it does seem remarkably under covered

its loving insanity, moloch has consumed so much and yet more is given every day

don't let anyone forget what is happening

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

Al! posted:

Nah that's not what I meant, I meant from the american and canadian media perspective. Myself I am pretty close to completely emotionally broken by this entire genocide and can't sleep at night, but obviously i am in no way a victim compared to the Palestinians so just not posting bout it

I remember reading a book by the canadian UN general romeo dallaire about his experience in rwanda and how broken and devastated he was. Can't imagine how bad that was. It sucks

carcinofuck
Apr 18, 2001
pink floyd still sucks

Al! posted:

honestly I ignored it at work today, was waiting til I got home. but I still don't have the stomach to go looking for it. maybe after the kids are asleep.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

i do relate to the whole 'this is ruining my life' thing. sorry for saying people were idiots. i dont know what to do about that! there's a moral obligation not to ignore this i think most of us feel very strongly.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Mia Wasikowska posted:

i do relate to the whole 'this is ruining my life' thing. sorry for saying people were idiots. i dont know what to do about that! there's a moral obligation not to ignore this i think most of us feel very strongly.

im way too nihilistic to believe me witnessing anything helps anyone but i think it helps to share the information that is coming out of gaza as a group because it's both very traumatic and also people are actively trying to make you feel insane for believing any of it, even though it's completely documented on film and photograph testimony from credible witnesses, historical examples to compare to, military knowledge etc.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Al! posted:

im way too nihilistic to believe me witnessing anything helps anyone but i think it helps to share the information that is coming out of gaza as a group because it's both very traumatic and also people are actively trying to make you feel insane for believing any of it, even though it's completely documented on film and photograph testimony from credible witnesses, historical examples to compare to, military knowledge etc.

It's especially weird because the other version of events is just "Hamas spends trillions in aid on baby-powered doom laser, IDF reports." It's been nice to have a source of information that contains some amount of actual information while the official line has gotten crazier every single day

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Aids

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Real Mean Queen posted:

It's especially weird because the other version of events is just "Hamas spends trillions in aid on baby-powered doom laser, IDF reports." It's been nice to have a source of information that contains some amount of actual information while the official line has gotten crazier every single day

yeah. anyway gas this thread

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 21 days!)

Unless the school massacre becomes a big deal in Arabic news media to the point it forces a crossover into western news, you're probably never going to see it on 24/7 cable. So don't stay up looking for it. If it is reported on it'll be "alleged" and the victims will be "women of military age" and "persons below military age."

MadSparkle
Aug 7, 2012

Can Bernie count on you to add to our chest's mad sparkle? Can you spare a little change for an old buccaneer?
What happened, why did the thread disappear?!

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
isra "L"

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

MadSparkle posted:

ppl were just posting really bad and there weren't gonna be any iks awake so they wanted to disrupt the bad cycle
slo mode....

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
just imagine being in the room for this conversation

====

Urgent | Axios: Biden indicated in his talk about indiscriminate bombing that Netanyahu invoked by the call to bomb Germany and Japan's atomic bomb.

Urgent | Axios: Biden responded to Netanyahu that the bombing of Germany and Japan led to the establishment of an international organization after the World War to prevent it from happening again

https://x.com/ajabreaking/status/1735026297330442554?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 21 days!)

MadSparkle posted:

The thread is now learning disabled compliant.

Al-Saqr posted:

====

Urgent | Axios: Biden indicated in his talk about indiscriminate bombing that Netanyahu invoked by the call to bomb Germany and Japan's atomic bomb.

Urgent | Axios: Biden responded to Netanyahu that the bombing of Germany and Japan led to the establishment of an international organization after the World War to prevent it from happening again

https://x.com/ajabreaking/status/1735026297330442554?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

There are no strategic targets to bomb and terror bombing was objectively counterproductive. Netanyahu is pleading for excuses to lose.

Pener Kropoopkin has issued a correction as of 06:49 on Dec 14, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Al-Saqr posted:

====

great! the un certainly hasn't been directly involved in any genocidal bombing campaigns!