Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

kdrudy posted:

Aren't all men made of meat?
wacky arm flailing meatman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags
It might be my fever but last night I was howling laughing at imagining this guy sipping on his drink and effortlessly grinding around the rim like a tony hawk pro skater character

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

kdrudy posted:

Aren't all men made of meat?

some men also contain bread and cheese and tomato sauce

i think its loving with me

Earwicker fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Dec 13, 2023

hydroceramics
Jan 8, 2014

I think there's some dumb politics thing involving kraken. This isn't that.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Earwicker posted:

i think its loving with me

See what it put the prompt as (click the image press the i) or just ask it. "Hey not exactly what I wanted" GPT doesn't actually see the image it just returns whatever Dalle sends. It can see images and will analyze it if you ask but this is not normal you gotta ask and all it will do is return what it thinks the image is of (can be useful in troubleshooting these are 2 different systems)

After getting at the prompt you can normally go "I see the problem I gave some examples and instead of describing them you just threw the name in, describe what a pizza that is still a pizza but actually an emperor would look like"

It is still GPT you are talking to "let's take this step by step and think carefully" maybe remind it about how AI prompting works. Tell it you have years of experience with image AI. You can play with the guts more that way as it tends to be far more open and default to you being the expert. You don't get cool options but you can give exact prompts you want sent and actually have them sent if you have some back and forth in session.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

pixaal posted:

See what it put the prompt as (click the image press the i) or just ask it. "Hey not exactly what I wanted" GPT doesn't actually see the image it just returns whatever Dalle sends. It can see images and will analyze it if you ask but this is not normal you gotta ask and all it will do is return what it thinks the image is of (can be useful in troubleshooting these are 2 different systems)

oh i see, i just assumed since it can now "see" uploaded images and web pages and such that it was automatically looking at everything dalle was making

but also the fact that the mustache kept getting a little bigger and more ridiculous each time made it feel like its trolling me

Earwicker fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Dec 13, 2023

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.
Lol as soon as pizzas are involved DALLE gets stubborn the same thing happened to me when I wanted it to make a disgusting looking wonky shaped pizza. It only ever made tasteful pizzas that are perfectly round.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

the pizza lobby must have paid off openai and there's some secret restriction in there

i was asking it to illustrate some scenes from a story i wrote, which contains some elements of dystopian speculative fiction, and i got this bullshit

i know how to get around that poo poo, its just silly that they have a restriction on "dystopian landscapes" which is a pretty broad category

Earwicker fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Dec 13, 2023

smilingfish
Sep 18, 2012

fuck you i am smart
Ever since I discovered I can get AI generated images through the Bing App I've been prompting tons of images of anime girls having legal troubles.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Earwicker posted:

oh i see, i just assumed since it can now "see" uploaded images and web pages and such that it was automatically looking at everything dalle was making

but also the fact that the mustache kept getting a little bigger and more ridiculous each time made it feel like its trolling me

Yeah it has a hard time with the concept of "not ____" and just goes for it.

Try a positive prompt in the other direction, like "clean shaven" instead of "no moustache":

Clean-shaven Roman emperor made out of pizza

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

wow and that second one even breaks the "no disgusting pizzas" rule, its pretty gross!

the mushrooms in the hair are a nice touch

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

nice obelisk idiot posted:

It might be my fever but last night I was howling laughing at imagining this guy sipping on his drink and effortlessly grinding around the rim like a tony hawk pro skater character

LOL

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

asking gpt to look up lyrics to 70's prog rock songs on bing and turn them into 90's comic books

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

“That’s great. Now put him in a large glass jar.”

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
If somebody manages to engineer a prompt that consistently produces anthropomorphic pizzas dressed as roman emperors WITHOUT mustaches, please let me know. I'm invested in it now.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Would you say it's your

Roman empire?

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Nigmaetcetera posted:

If somebody manages to engineer a prompt that consistently produces anthropomorphic pizzas dressed as roman emperors WITHOUT mustaches, please let me know. I'm invested in it now.

to be fair, the very first one i asked for that started all this didnt have a mustache. but it wasn't convincingly imperial

the senate and people of rome would tear that guy up in a second

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Nigmaetcetera posted:

I think I'm on to something but have to go maybe someone else can finish it (BING-Dalle2)

shapeshifting pizza monster currently in the form of a roman emperor that is clean shaven

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
That 'Tarkus' cover is only slightly weirder than the real one.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

That 'Tarkus' cover is only slightly weirder than the real one.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

You were doing great right up until this point :cumpolice:

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

I find something about this... special, I really have no idea what

pixaal fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Dec 14, 2023

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!
Why am I paying for a service that refuses the simplest of requests?

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

Stoatbringer posted:

“That’s great. Now put him in a large glass jar.”

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:

XYZAB posted:

Why am I paying for a service that refuses the simplest of requests?

I dunno, why are you, bing is way less filtered and throttles you less

The interface is better and being able to have different threads instead of just 1 prompt at a time is handy, but I can make more pictures faster with less bullshit for free on bing. Like how do you gently caress up SO BADLY that bing delivers your own service better? BING?

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

before the romans had a pizza emperor, they had a pizza republic

but of course, that ended in civil war

and, later, some new religious developments

kind of surprised the content filter let that last one go honestly

Earwicker fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Dec 14, 2023

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Then god smote those filthy lovers of pineapple pizza. The same people who also stole the statue of liberty for some reason.

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

Javid posted:

I dunno, why are you, bing is way less filtered and throttles you less

The interface is better and being able to have different threads instead of just 1 prompt at a time is handy, but I can make more pictures faster with less bullshit for free on bing. Like how do you gently caress up SO BADLY that bing delivers your own service better? BING?

I saw a post where someone had ostensibly uploaded a photo of themselves and their family at a picnic and then ran through a dozen iterations making them look happier and happier until they had attained cosmic eternal enlightenment. I wanted to try it out on myself, then the first photo I uploaded, it told me couldn’t use, because there was a real person in it. The gently caress??? :10bux::10bux: wasted.

Edit: Hey Sam Altman suck my fuckin dick u nerd

XYZAB fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Dec 14, 2023

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Vlaphor posted:

Then god smote those filthy lovers of pineapple pizza. The same people who also stole the statue of liberty for some reason.

profound

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Welp, that's horrifying.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Sonic the glazed cinnamon roll

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Kept getting flagged with crushed, powder, etc. Finally used snow of all things and boom.

Random stuff I just wanted to try. Surprised at how well it came out.

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Hogaaglkamania's running wild, brother

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Finally managed to get the not-prompt working with Bing (occasionally). It made my day. :haw:

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

XYZAB posted:

I saw a post where someone had ostensibly uploaded a photo of themselves and their family at a picnic and then ran through a dozen iterations making them look happier and happier until they had attained cosmic eternal enlightenment. I wanted to try it out on myself, then the first photo I uploaded, it told me couldn’t use, because there was a real person in it. The gently caress??? :10bux::10bux: wasted.
It gets weird and inconsistent with its censorship. I generated like 10 pics of a character wearing tactical gear and holding an assault rifle. Then asked it to put her in a suit and wearing a holstered glock and it refused to generate weapons because it's against their policy?

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

forgive me if this is a silly question but how likely is it that someone will find a way to make this particular tool set (gpt4/dalle3) without any kind of restrictions at all?

like i have a purely offline version of stable diffusion (via a great program called diffusion bee) that has absolutely no censorship at all, but sd is pretty weak compared to dalle and of course, doesnt have the text component.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Earwicker posted:

forgive me if this is a silly question but how likely is it that someone will find a way to make this particular tool set (gpt4/dalle3) without any kind of restrictions at all?

like i have a purely offline version of stable diffusion (via a great program called diffusion bee) that has absolutely no censorship at all, but sd is pretty weak compared to dalle and of course, doesnt have the text component.

Stable Diffusion is far more powerful than DallE if you want to reach in and specify things, change things, mesh it into Photoshop or something of the sorts. As a tool, Stable Diffusion is more capable than DallE strictly on the grounds of control, training, tweaking, specialized models.
If you want to just text -> image without any tweaking then DallE is going to be the best in the sense of digesting your prompt because it's meshed directly with Chat GPT coupled with it's text understanding. You will also never get GPT/DallE out of their proprietary systems, they are completely closed, they don't say how they train them and billions of dollars are tied up into it. It's locked off, you and I aren't invited.

For ChatGPT, the text side, there is a good argument to be made that GPT4 has already been superseded if you adopt specialization. There are individual models that can do things better than GPT can, code, roleplay, creative writing, RAG, all sorts of specialized things. There are open source models that are already arguably more capable than GPT 3.5, which is a huge accomplishment in and of itself. For a single general purpose LLM, GPT4 is king and what everyone grades against. That lead is rapidly closing though.

Long term, probably just months, we're going to clip past the same point that images (Dalle/Stable Diffusion/MidJourney) and audio (Suno) have already passed, which is 'good enough', making it kind of moot what LLM you're interfacing with since it will be 'good enough' without having to do anything on your own. The hardware required to run these things is in freefall, the capabilities are a vertical light speed beam, and so many companies, governments and individuals are rapidly iterating over and over and over again that it seems pretty clear that OpenAI is going to have to rely more on agreements it already has in place to keep their lead. The genie is out of the bottle, the knowledge is there, the hardware is there. It seems people at Google knew this already: https://www.semianalysis.com/p/google-we-have-no-moat-and-neither, clearly ahead of the curve since what that memo says is exactly what is happening.