Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
god bless the yemenis

https://x.com/aldanmarki/status/1735054716038504700?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
/

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Sancho Banana posted:

I get the feeling that those test results were half the reason this thing exists. IDF soldiers understand that "fighting" and "shooting" are things that soldiers "do" in a vague sense but not how the whole thing actually logistically works. You go into a warzone, a mysterious process called "combat" occurs, and then you win.

Cookie Cutter
Nov 29, 2020

Is there something else that's bothering you Mr. President?

Sancho Banana posted:

https://twitter.com/yehudacohen100/status/1734561666438709250?t=0IEnPCnUWRnwR-GcLXb1lg&s=19

Here's a guy in the comment saying "I had soldiers that would barely get a 60 in shooting tests and the moment they got Dagger [the aimbot's name] they haven't gone down from 80".

It's telling that so many of their troops just look like unfit goobers playing dress-up with no sense of military bearing at all, this video is one example, but for me it looks especially bad when they are lurching around drowning in armoured pads and floppy helmets and screaming at each other waving their guns in every direction, they look like a group of airsofters.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Sancho Banana posted:

Here's a guy in the comments saying "I had soldiers that would barely get a 60 in shooting tests and the moment they got Dagger [the aimbot's name] they haven't gone down from 80".

I get the feeling that those test results were half the reason this thing exists. IDF soldiers understand that "fighting" and "shooting" are things that soldiers "do" in a vague sense but not how the whole thing actually logistically works. You go into a warzone, a mysterious process called "combat" occurs, and then you win.

well that explains some things

thanks for the reply

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

yemenis stay winning

Urgent | A Yemeni navigational source told Al Jazeera: Ansar Allah and Houthi forces force a container ship heading to Israel to change its course

Urgent | A Yemeni navigational source told Al Jazeera: The detained ship is on its way to Yemeni ports

https://x.com/ajabreaking/status/1735297329127715282?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

https://x.com/aja_egypt/status/1735298011784155445?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

Al-Saqr has issued a correction as of 15:12 on Dec 14, 2023

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

30.5 Days posted:

Israel has discovered one weird trick to make sure they don't run out of jdams: just drop dumb bombs on residential neighborhoods!

https://twitter.com/evanhill/status/1735146796307960318?s=20

i feel like this is quetly a way of going "every time one of our bombs did an atrocity its because we dont have enough jdams"

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Al-Saqr posted:

I mean if the point of doing stuff like this is to make people want to kill them even more I guess they're doing a good job.

=================================

An Israeli occupation forces soldier takes the pulpit in one of Jenin’s mosques in the West Bank and sings!

https://x.com/rdooan/status/1735260372485980477?s=20

He's got that 🔻 factor.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
Yeah, it is something a bunch of guntubers love because all they pretty much do is spent time at the range. But yeah, it seems like it would be more of a nuisance in a firefight and not particularly useful, as I said, if someone actually was well trained and knew what they were doing since acquiring a target and firing would be from muscle memory. Yeah, it is grift, and probably just complicates things further.

I mean lets be honest, not only is the IDF a reservist military, but it is one that hasn't fought a real war since the 1970s and that one was for a few weeks. They don't seem to know what they are doing because they don't. It is also, why I don't know if Finland is going to be quite the military powerhouse that it is proclaimed to be.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Does Israel really plan on occupying most of Gaza? They don't have the manpower for that lol

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

those magic sights are the military equivalent of my boss asking me "cant we just automate it"

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 57 minutes!

Grapplejack posted:

Does Israel really plan on occupying most of Gaza? They don't have the manpower for that lol

their plan is to kill or drive out 100% of the population. don't need any manpower for garrison duties after that.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

That real life aimbot is so funny because it's the same problem aimbot has in video games - if you're still poo poo at positioning and awareness you're going to get rinsed.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Sancho Banana posted:

The problem is that besides being an obvious marketing scam, the aimbot was manufactured and purchased without actual live combat in mind. They bought it because it improves soldiers' scores in the firing range and looks great in propoganda-commercials, as well as the IDF's general tendency to look for technological magic solutions for its problem of having lovely untrained infantry. The reason I learned about those things in the first place and searched for more info was one such commercial I saw on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/yehudacohen100/status/1734561666438709250?t=0IEnPCnUWRnwR-GcLXb1lg&s=19

Here's a guy in the comments saying "I had soldiers that would barely get a 60 in shooting tests and the moment they got Dagger [the aimbot's name] they haven't gone down from 80".

I mean why would they learn how to fight, the IDF ground forces are a paid vacation where you get to kneecap rock-throwing children

haruspicy
Feb 10, 2023
this is a large deal

quote:

in a move that could ripple across global trade, the Mediterranean Shipping Company (MSC), the world’s largest shipping line, has announced it will stop transporting goods via the Suez Canal.

This decision, stemming from undisclosed threats originating from Yemen, is expected to have consequential effects on Israel’s economic landscape, potentially escalating costs for its partnering companies.

Maersk: our stand on the recent situations in redsea asf with immediate effect.

Due to the rapidly escalating situation in the Bab el-Mandab Strait/off Yemen, all fixtures/transits through the strait must have an option to proceed vi Cape of Good for safety concerns.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

the two weakest and poorest arabs have defeated the entire western world.

:sickos:

text editor
Jan 8, 2007
Israel's miltech industry is not a grift they produce real products for serious soldiers

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Thank you to the goon who sacrificed their job in the editing booth.

Here's the station's apology:

https://twitter.com/CIJAinfo/status/1732928077125099618

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
haven't had the morale to read for a few days what's the sitrep

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

haruspicy posted:

this is a large deal

It's kind of insane just how much impact the Houthis have had on the situation. They went far beyond anybody's expectations. Respect.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Cerebral Bore posted:

i think i've said it before, but the sheer arrogance of westoids and their clients when it comes to war is kinda staggering

The battle of 73 Easting and its consequences has been disaster for the West

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Sancho Banana posted:

It's kind of insane just how much impact the Houthis have had on the situation. They went far beyond anybody's expectations. Respect.

is the economic impact noticable?

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
Is the north of israel still evacuated?

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Groovelord Neato posted:

That real life aimbot is so funny because it's the same problem aimbot has in video games - if you're still poo poo at positioning and awareness you're going to get rinsed.

its like giving someone magic shoes that lets them dunk easily at basketball even if theyre a shrimp, but theyre not legal for official games so fundamentally dont make you better at the game

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
Arguably, it may make you worse in the long-run because rather than doing the hard work of actually learning to shoot, you just use the aim bot at the range and call it a day.

Cookie Cutter
Nov 29, 2020

Is there something else that's bothering you Mr. President?

Kitfox88 posted:

haven't had the morale to read for a few days what's the sitrep

People continue to die in Gaza, however US support is wavering, BDS got Puma to disassociate itself from Israel, Yemen has severely interrupted all shipping, IDF has still achieved nothing but bloodletting, and pro Palestine movements continue to grow all around the world. It's over for the Zionists., just a matter of time.

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Al! posted:

is the economic impact noticable?

It's gonna be if this keeps going for too long. Ships are already being forced to take the long way around and the cost of that is ridiculously expensive compared to just using the Suez Canal.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Ardennes posted:

Arguably, it may make you worse in the long-run because rather than doing the hard work of actually learning to shoot, you just use the aim bot at the range and call it a day.

I approve of this aimbot and suggest the entire IDF and american forces to implement them in their services

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Al-Saqr posted:

the two weakest and poorest arabs have defeated the entire western world.

The story of Christmas.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

Groovelord Neato posted:

That’s why the aimbot also needs to be bullet proof and enemies need to stand still shooting bullets that do nothing. It is the Robocop fantasy.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

i love how you can almost see why this exists, especially to help like, rearguard troops that should not be in combat if poo poo goes sideways, but instead the morons in charge just go "perfect now we don't need to spend money on training!"

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Zionists disgust me, they are not legitimate nor are their grievances. They threaten to behead middle school children.

The child merely explained that hanging an Israeli flag in class represented the butchery of Palestinians, and the deranged teacher stalked the child and screamed he would behead her in his pathetic display of fury.

Nonsense has issued a correction as of 16:34 on Dec 14, 2023

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Alleged terrorism arrests in Denmark and the Netherlands with potential links to the conflict. Allegedly headed off in the preparatory phase. No concrete information yet, except "we're focusing on Jewish locales" and that the suspects have connections to the banned street gang Loyal to Familia. So it could be something or it could be dumbasses talking tough online. Conveniently happened the same day the government presented extremely unpopular 10 billion kroner tax cuts.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
For reference, the Dutch parliament has decided by majority that "From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free" is a call for violence, so good luck figuring out what is going to get labelled as (preparation to commit) terrorism in that context.

Also the Dutch arrest was made due to a request from the German justice department, and we all know how loving batshit insane Germany has gone.

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

Nonsense posted:

Zionists disgust me, they are not legitimate nor are their grievances. They threaten to behead middle school children.

The child merely explained that hanging an Israeli flag in class represented the butchery of Palestinians, and the deranged teacher stalked the child and screamed he would behead her in his pathetic display of fury.

hostile racism is necessary to believing in the state of "israel"

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

https://twitter.com/YinonMagal/status/1735273564150841552?t=cro-xmSEqM9rXB-kfkeF2Q&s=19

quote:

A reservist, the father of a soldier in Golani's 13th Battalion, wrote to the Chief of Staff:

To the IDF Chief of Staff Lieutenant General Herzi Halevi
Greetings

1. We all mourn the death in the storm of battle of a hero of Israel, a commander adored and beloved by his soldiers, Lieutenant Colonel Tomer Grinberg may god avenge his blood, of Golani's 13th Battalion, who fell last night in Shujaiya with eight other commanders and fighters, the heroes of Israel may god avenge their blood.

1. [two ones?] Our son, who serves in the 13th Battalion under Tomer's command, tells of cases in which air support was not given to Golani's ground forces. For example, during the occupation of Shujaiya it became clear that there were terrorists entrenched in a school, despite repeated appeals by the battalion commander, this school was not bombed from the air. This fact forced [them] to carry out a military attack without any softening and bombing from the air before the attack and without assistance during it .

2. In other cases, orders to precisely attack houses from which fire was directed at our forces - given by the commander of the 13th battalion - were not carried out without Air Force pilots repeatedly checking that there were no 'non-involved' in the place, wasting precious time and endangering our soldiers [lol that you believe this].

3. Many questions cleave the air with the fall of the best of our soldiers from the 13th battalion, who suffered terrible and awful losses fighting against the Nazi murderers on Simchat Torah in the Gaza Envelope. Now the continued shedding of blood of this dear battalion raises many question marks for me and for many parents.

4. We entrust our sons to you in order to protect the people of Israel, and send him to the battle to help Israel against the enemy.

5. It cannot be that there are considerations for preserving the life of a cruel enemy who gassed [??? What ???] our soldiers, massacred, butchered, raped and abused. And still the best of our sons and daughters are tortured in Hamas' basements of horror, this cruel enemy suddenly receives gentle treatment at the expense of the lives of our greatest sons.

6. The fact and the thought that history repeats itself is chilling. Benny Gantz admitted in a speech that during Protective Edge in 2015 [you mean 2014? Or I guess he said this in 2015 and I didn't know] he endangered the soldiers of Golani in order to save the lives of the murderous enemy. It's sevenfold shocking and horrifying that this incident of endangering our children from Golani also took place in the cursed neighborhood of Shujaiya. [yes it's incredibly funny that Golani got owned in Shujaiya AGAIN and everyone is freaking out about it AGAIN. There was even an article about Tomer Grinberg recently mentioning how he told a Brigade commander on the communications before going to Shujaiya that he's been dreaming of "settling Golani's score" with with the neighborhood for 9 years. How did it go with that man lol]

7. Many questions cleave the air and don't grant any rest regarding the specific battle in which the battalion commander fell together with other soldiers from the 13th Battalion. Why was the compound not bombed from the air and simply flattened before the cleansing by the Golani soldiers? Was it possible to prevent an unnecessary risk to soldiers' lives? Is it appropriate and correct to fire and depose pilots who do not immediately respond to assist the land forces spilling their blood on the ground? Do the IDF's values ​​include the simple value that the lives of our soldiers come before the lives of the enemy, his supporters and helpers? Is the army today behind the immoral policy of Benny Gantz from 2015 to abandon and endanger the Golani soldiers?

8. We as parents, don't sleep at night out of concern for our son's safety, now this concern is amplified sevenfold for fear of preferring the life of an enemy over the life of our son.

Respectfully,
Yitzhak Nativ
A reservist and a father who's worried
For his son, a soldier in the 13th Golani Battalion

btw this letter might be totally fake since this journalist is a fascist idiot and he tweeted just yesterday that a "source" told him that the decision where to bomb is made by commanders on the field and not the top brass but it's still worth a read I'd say. This sentiment is growing.

Sancho Banana has issued a correction as of 17:09 on Dec 14, 2023

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

Sancho Banana posted:

"'Supply the IDF with wild boars that'll enter booby trapped buildings and tunnels in Gaza before our fighters': The suggestion of Kiril Kartnik, city council member in Haifa"

https://twitter.com/haifakrayot/status/1735171732003078649?t=EBx0YpXqIouOpTebjj3XUQ&s=19

IDF soldiers? Wild pigs?

take 3 hogs, and label them `א` `ב` and `ד`

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

in a really wild development Hamas has sent out their police force to restore order in gaza city after the israels just withdrew from many sections, absolutely insane defeat for israel that hamas are able to restore civil services in the middle of gaza loving city with their own police forces

https://x.com/aja_egypt/status/1735315112548876404?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg