Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Gonna need that Jean Grey and Goblin Queen.

I picked up X-men ‘97 Magneto on Monday, I figured my collection could use a Magneto.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Checked with help support since wasn't hearing anything about my Haslab HISS and was told it was in the processing of shipping right now, that's made me happy.

Got charged for the 788 HISS Fire Team as well, so I'll probably get them both around the exact same time.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Hell Yes! X-Cutioner was on my top 10 wants! Destiny is soooo close. Come on Hasbro you can do it! Let me close this chapter of my collecting journey!

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I bought like four of the aoa magnetos and made some alterations to fit a dumb display idea (got them on super clearance).
I do want a second 97 one though. It’s great. Kind of hoping to have two sets of 97, open and sealed.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

That is a really great X-Men wave! I do feel a little foolish for shelling out for older versions of most main X-Men characters a few months ago since the '97 versions are as good or better in most cases, but I also haven't seen the need to replace them all since I got very good versions of most of these. I only got Magneto from wave 1. Nice to finally get a Goblin Queen.

Joe Fisto posted:

old man yells at Hasbro
Serious contender for thread title!

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Now is it too much to ask for Adam-X the X-Treme?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Joe Fisto posted:

Now is it too much to ask for Adam-X the X-Treme?

It'd be dope if the Legends team is moving on to replace/recreate all the older Toybiz 5" figures now that they've effectively replaced the old ML Toybiz figures. As it stands now, I have zero older Toybiz ML figures in my displays.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Weird how they "updated" Jean's costume the most for the show but left most everyone else the same (save Magneto obviously).

Joe Fisto posted:

I can’t believe we are getting an X-Cutioner

I can't believe the new cartoon is going to touch the Inferno story line.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Louisgod posted:

It'd be dope if the Legends team is moving on to replace/recreate all the older Toybiz 5" figures now that they've effectively replaced the old ML Toybiz figures. As it stands now, I have zero older Toybiz ML figures in my displays.

Absolutely, I'm still waiting for Quark from Longshot. The old 5" line is the only time he was ever made!

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

iceyman posted:

I can't believe the new cartoon is going to touch the Inferno story line.

Maybe we will get a vacuum cleaner for daredevil to fight

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong
I have some older figures (Toybiz BAF Galactus in particular I'd like to put on my shelf) I had in storage at my parents house for years. At some point in that intervening time my mom took up essential oils (which is it's own can of worms) and of course used a diffuser in her home. I reclaimed this stuff a couple years back and digging back into the box I can still smell it.

I think I know the answer but just in case I figured it couldn't hurt to ask. Is there any functional method for removing smells like that from plastic/rubber?

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Stick them in a ziplock bag with some dryer sheets.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Found the Aquaman movie Black Manta, grabbed him because it's basically the comic suit. For some reason Todd didn't give him a trident. He does have trigger fingers though.

Nanigans posted:

Boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

For any extreme cases of dirty toys: I had a lot of vintage toys that degraded pretty bad after sitting in my mom’s attic too long, the plastic had oil that seeped to the surface and then got mildewy, and I found that gently scrubbing with a mixture of baking soda, rubbing alcohol and water on an old toothbrush would take off just about any kind of grime and not damage the toy. You don’t want to put that on any stickers though.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

oh nice, just got an email that the con exclusive Dragonball Figuarts are shipping early next month. excited for my Majin Vegeta and Father-Son Kamehameha set!

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

speaking of dragonball figuarts

i know there are some goku collectors in here, and actually the only reason i still read this thread is because i used to collect gokus, but for those still invested: 100% power frieza is getting revealed tomorrow

really hope he comes with cut in half (hamburger ways) parts. given that they gave cyborg frieza cut in half (hot dog ways) parts i'm hopeful

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Anybody get any of the pirate Gokus? Was thinking of at least getting a stretchy Goku.

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong

Nanigans posted:

Thanks. I'll give this a go.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Did they actually do anything with x-cutioner in the comics? I vaguely remember him? fighting smart hulk in Scotland somewhere but that's basically it.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

DisposableHero posted:

Thanks. I'll give this a go.

It definitely works, but depending on the smell it can take a while. I found a bizarre Jimmy Carter wind-up peanut man at a thrift store last year that absolutely reeked of 1976 cigarette smoke. Shoved it in a ziploc with three dryer sheets and completely forgot about it until about a month ago and it smells completely fine now.

I did the same thing with some vintage Star Wars figures back in August and they still need some time in the bag.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Did they actually do anything with x-cutioner in the comics? I vaguely remember him? fighting smart hulk in Scotland somewhere but that's basically it.

I recall him coming across as a bit of a schlub who was a bit out of his depth trying to be Punisher for evil mutants, and then he actually teamed up with Punisher. I don’t know if he’s shown up in the subsequent two and a half decades though

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Looks like they have him joining the Friends of Humanity based on belt buckle. He could be a powered up human or something.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Hush Batman is back in stock for ordering at plazajapan.

TwoDeer
Jan 13, 2005

DisposableHero posted:

I have some older figures (Toybiz BAF Galactus in particular I'd like to put on my shelf) I had in storage at my parents house for years. At some point in that intervening time my mom took up essential oils (which is it's own can of worms) and of course used a diffuser in her home. I reclaimed this stuff a couple years back and digging back into the box I can still smell it.

I think I know the answer but just in case I figured it couldn't hurt to ask. Is there any functional method for removing smells like that from plastic/rubber?

I’ve also had luck buying a cheap container of ground coffee and burying the offending figure, sealing the lid and letting it hang out for … I forget how long I did this for some figures from Japan that -reeked- of cigarette smoke. But when I pulled them out however many days or weeks later they no longer smelled of smoke. Did smell a bit like coffee for a bit but that naturally dissipated.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Smelling of coffee is far preferable.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

I should put my J. Jonah Jameson figure in a ziploc with a cigar, then?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Splint Chesthair posted:

I should put my J. Jonah Jameson figure in a ziploc with a cigar, then?

Yes.

A John Constantine figure should be the only figure that reeks of cigarette smoke

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I’ve had luck with the ziplock & dryer sheet method for some lightly smelly Legends, but I once ordered a baf Onslaught via eBay whose cigarette stink was so offensively strong I had to immediately reseal the box and returned it for a refund. What’s worse is I’d messaged the seller before buying and he assured me it was from a smoke free home, then when I asked the the refund he said, “my bad, I keep the stuff I sell in a box in the guest room closet and I didn’t think the smell would get to them” :jerkbag:

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

ML stream now. They do not seem to want to be working after layoff day yesterday. Can't blame em.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0dDFscIzQQ

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Broodverine

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1735333934215434301?s=46

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Bulky (correct) Sabertooth

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1735335049828930056?s=46

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

The whole Happy Birthday Logan series

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1735336934493290623?s=46

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Posting like 20 excited reaction gifs

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Snacksmaniac posted:

ML stream now. They do not seem to want to be working after layoff day yesterday. Can't blame em.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0dDFscIzQQ

God what a poo poo corporate thing to do. “Be happy and sell the product, don’t think about your friends and coworkers we just canned, just sell the product.”

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
That new Sabretooth is sorely needed and looks excellent. That team continues to kill everything X-Men related.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

New X-Men reveals are fire across the board, keep em coming! I was just wondering when they would do a new Sabretooth. The new Angel looks sick too.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Kind of annoyed with Lady Mandarin when there are several psylocke costumes in MUCH higher demand and of much better value for a display.

Also, if you're going to sell me extremely niche Wolverine looks, don't try to sell it to me twice in two years.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

iceyman posted:

Kind of annoyed with Lady Mandarin when there are several psylocke costumes in MUCH higher demand and of much better value for a display.

Also, if you're going to sell me extremely niche Wolverine looks, don't try to sell it to me twice in two years.

Yeah some of the character choices were a bit odd. Nobody asked for a second ninja Wolverine but fans DO want Albert, and they absolutely do want an 80's costume Psylocke. Still waiting on Deathbird.

Louisgod fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Dec 14, 2023

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

The only missing ML (normal body) from the MVC2 roster is Marrow.
I don't expect Shuma Gorath but give me Marrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Wolf Spider and Shadow Tracker are on their way!

I could have sworn that was suppose to be in January, ah well.

Next year will be a busy one, suppose to be around 60ish figures.