Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

GD_American posted:

I don't think we appreciate the dirty pieces of poo poo in our favorite sports sometimes. They add great flavor.

What would 90s hockey be without Claude Lemieux?

gently caress Claude Lemieux.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Nervous posted:

So how long were all of you using the phone app to post before you decided to press the [bb] button to see what it does? Because mine might be embarrassingly long...

Lol, it's such a useful button. I'm glad I figured it out right away. The insert imgur button is just the best.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

wandler20 posted:

Lol, it's such a useful button. I'm glad I figured it out right away. The insert imgur button is just the best.

I did the insert imgur button once but then couldn't find the image I uploaded on imgur. So nah, I'll still upload where I can manage things.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Nervous posted:

So how long were all of you using the phone app to post before you decided to press the [bb] button to see what it does? Because mine might be embarrassingly long...

Android?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Dango Bango posted:

I did the insert imgur button once but then couldn't find the image I uploaded on imgur. So nah, I'll still upload where I can manage things.

I'm pretty sure they go into some random imgur black hole instead of an account. I just take the link and post the picture and never think about it again.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Man I’m really glad Best Buy had extended holiday return policy. Noticed a dark splotch in the middle of the screen of that new Samsung I bought that was super obvious on light backgrounds. TV is three loving weeks old.

Looked around online and I guess there were tons of QC issues with LED panels? Didn’t want to risk that again.

Returned it, bought a Sony Bravia. Our old one from like 2011 is still kicking, figured that was a good endorsement and the picture quality was great in store.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBG3iyr5N70
Well then.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
The Thin Honolulu Blue Line

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I really don't want to go to the middle of nowhere Oregon to see my brother and sister in law for Christmas but it's been 3 years and they asked so I feel obligated.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Tulalip Tulips posted:

I really don't want to go to the middle of nowhere Oregon to see my brother and sister in law for Christmas but it's been 3 years and they asked so I feel obligated.

Umatilla or Wallowa county? Or are we talking middle of nowhere, nowhere Oregon?

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Nervous posted:

Umatilla or Wallowa county? Or are we talking middle of nowhere, nowhere Oregon?

They live Brownsville, which I know nothing about but they were able to buy a house there because it was cheap. I had been to their old apartment in Dallas and I've been told where they're at now is even smaller.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Tulalip Tulips posted:

They live Brownsville, which I know nothing about but they were able to buy a house there because it was cheap. I had been to their old apartment in Dallas and I've been told where they're at now is even smaller.

I haven't been to Brownsville but it already sounds like a step up from Dallas, OR.

It could be worse: they could be living in The Dalles.

Yes the "The" is part of the town's name

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Android Apocalypse posted:

I haven't been to Brownsville but it already sounds like a step up from Dallas, OR.

Oh I am very, very familiar with The Dalles since our family is from White Salmon/Klickitat and we had to go there for stuff that Hood River didn't have. My grandma worked at the hospital in White Salmon when the Rajneeshi's poisoned that Sizzler salad bar and treated folks who came in sick.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Android Apocalypse posted:

Hey, I’ve got family in the Dalles! That I haven’t spoken to in 7 years because we can’t stand each other

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

I miss Florence OR, my great aunt had a ranch about 30 minutes up river I used to visit. Mile long driveway I’d walk down to get her mail, just untouched forest the whole way

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Brownsville is not the middle of nowhere Oregon. It's still in the willamette valley in between Eugene and Lebanon. It is a tiny town though. Middle of nowhere Oregon to me is the eastern half outside of Bend where like <5% of the state pop lives :v:

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Larry David confirms this upcoming season of Curb is the last. After viewing and laughing at these episodes I will mourn, and then get ready for the Civil War 2

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Pron on VHS posted:

Larry David confirms this upcoming season of Curb is the last. After viewing and laughing at these episodes I will mourn, and then get ready for the Civil War 2

Impressive that he'll be in Alex Garland's sequel movie since the 1st one isn't even out yet.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Pron on VHS posted:

It’s aired off and on for over 20 years so it’s not a huge surprise but drat

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Serge!!!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Pron on VHS posted:

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

I only know of The Dalles from The Oregon Trail

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

I only know of The Dalles from The Oregon Trail

The Dalles is how you know you're getting to the pretty part of the Columbia River Gorge if you're coming in from the eastern Oregon boondocks.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Doing work

https://x.com/formerlyfiz/status/1735427173555552712?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Just watched Tropic Thunder again while "working" aka waiting for my poo poo laptop to process stuff. I think it still holds up. Great movie.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Lookin' good, Fiz!

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Quite a home you’ve got. Goddamn I need to get up to Asheville this spring or something.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Nervous posted:

The Dalles is how you know you're getting to the pretty part of the Columbia River Gorge if you're coming in from the eastern Oregon boondocks.

Conversely when I’m doing the trek between Portland and Missoula, it’s the sign I’m entering or exiting the utterly bleak dead zone between the Dalles and Coeur d’Alene

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

drat that's a nice view

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

you found a place facing the west in north carolina?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Mountains have multiple sides

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

No Butt Stuff posted:

I've never seen more than one

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

No Butt Stuff posted:

Oh I'm not saying I don't understand how land works but west-facing east coast views rule that's all.

Especially if you can find one that faces west and looks over water. Parts of Long Island are like that and it's awesome to see the sun set over the ocean in NY

edit: I thought that video was looking over water but I see now that it is not

kiimo fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Dec 15, 2023

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Its Rinaldo posted:

I've never seen more than one

The outside :classiclol:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

The Dalles is mentioned and it wasn’t even by me?! I also have family there and spent a lot of holidays there as a kid, it’s beautiful but so drat small.

Next time I’m home I need to go do that drive on I-84 East from Portland out there, because it’s absolutely beautiful and it’s been too long.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice
bah. on top of the other poo poo show that has gone on this month, the wife and I have finally come down with positive covid tests. I blame my sudden plane trip out to california last week.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

kiimo posted:

edit: I thought that video was looking over water but I see now that it is not

Yes it is. That’s Lake Julian. Just a small mountain lake where people kayak.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Happy Holiday to those who celebrate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ddz-VT97tvA

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Pirates of the Caribbean is 20 years old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

BlindSite posted:

Pirates of the Caribbean is 20 years old.

Don’t be silly that came out when I was in college and that was only like 5 years ago

:gonk: