Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Dwesa posted:

:lol:

look at their happy faces! pathetic

Lol! That says it's a student from St Petersburg State Polytechnic University. I went there for a few years, in the international relations and history faculty. I recognize СПБГУ initialism anywhere lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

owned

https://x.com/thedailybeast/status/1735378074001133920?s=20

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

No, the EU bribed him with €10b to sit this one out.

https://www.politico.eu/article/commission-unblocks-e10-2-billion-for-hungary-as-eu-tries-to-sway-viktor-orban-on-ukraine/

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

The fact that this was necessary is both hilarious and terrifying.

Burns
May 10, 2008

its unfortunate that its the only way to deal with this rear end in a top hat at this stage.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Dapper_Swindler posted:

apperently MLP got banned or at least rated Adults only because of the "gays bad" law.
https://www.rferl.org/a/russia-my-little-pony-lgbt-adult/32714555.html

Not just MLP but t.A.T.u. as well lol

quote:

Separately, the Russian social network VKontakte has restricted access to the content of the Russian pop duo t.A.T.u. -- consisting of Lena Katina, now 39, and Julia Volkova, now 38.

VKontakte has blocked access to the t.A.T.u. community's posts, photos, and videos, Sota wrote.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

appropriatemetaphor posted:

Not just MLP but t.A.T.u. as well lol

its fun watching weird conservatives defend stupid poo poo like this.

Fabulous Knight
Nov 11, 2011

Great news, but I wonder what "approval of the Senate" means in this case. A simple majority, two thirds' majority (to approve leaving)?

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

lmao at trump proofing yourself

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Tai posted:

lmao at trump proofing yourself

IT'S :sad:

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Fabulous Knight posted:

Great news, but I wonder what "approval of the Senate" means in this case. A simple majority, two thirds' majority (to approve leaving)?

approval is simple majority unless otherwise stated, and considering that marco goddamn rubio helped add that piece from the GOP's side i think we can pre-emptively can the "oh no, all it takes is 51 people with R after their name!!!!!!" rigamarole.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Tai posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEDMbF-F4lo

I don't know why for the life of me that Ukraine would want to join the EU and distance itself from Russia. Unfathomable to me

It's so weird to me that they wear dress uniforms on a talk show.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

EasilyConfused posted:

Well, they brought dress uniforms along on an invasion, so maybe there's some cultural significance to them.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

EasilyConfused posted:

It's to show how macho they are. Heavy smalldickenergy

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Take this long for the penny to drop?

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
:lol: :lmao: Community Notes keep delivering:

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

zone posted:

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

HonorableTB posted:

He was too ugly to be a video game blogger, so he had to switch to being a dating coach.

DiomedesGodshill
Feb 21, 2009

HonorableTB posted:

How is someone that rich so dumb?

Well Putin is pretty rich, and also that dumb. And a real piece of poo poo.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
he never was like, a genius, but he deffo used to be less brain-damaged. it's prolly the ket that's doing that brain damage

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

bob dobbs is dead posted:

he never was like, a genius, but he deffo used to be less brain-damaged. it's prolly the ket that's doing that brain damage

the crystals in his kidneys and bladder have backed up into his brain

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
His aim has been off, and he has been charging the wrong jo crystals.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
Orbán is still a piece of poo poo, always will be

quote:

Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orbán said he has vetoed the E.U.’s decision to provide Ukraine with 50 billion euros (about $55 billion) of financial aid. “We will come back to the issue next year in the [European Council] after proper preparation.” He wrote on X, formerly known as Twitter.

European Council President Charles Michel confirmed that E.U. leaders were unable to agree on an aid package for Ukraine in the E.U. budget plan. According to him, only one country opposed it. Michel did not specify which country, but he added that the E.U. would revisit the issue at the beginning of next year.

BBC News reports that Dutch Prime Minister Mark Rutte expressed confidence that E.U. leaders will be able to agree on long-term aid for Ukraine next year. “We still have some time, Ukraine is not out of money in the next few weeks,” Rutte said.

Orbán has repeatedly opposed the European Council’s decision to start accession talks with Ukraine. However, he left the meeting during the vote, enabling other E.U. leaders to make the decision, which must be unanimous.

it's about money, as it always is with these petty dictators

Edit: on a lighter note, Ukrainian curling

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1735563776521327066

Dwesa fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Dec 15, 2023

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

zone posted:

Is nazdet short for Nazi death?

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Is nazdet short for Nazi death?

Should be пиздец pizdets but the п looks like n so google translate hosed up

numptyboy
Sep 6, 2004
somewhat pleasant

bob dobbs is dead posted:

Yeah, I dont think Elon is a genius and neither is he a stupid person in the conventional sense.
He's really loving stupid because, as a so called clever person, he cant seem to shut the gently caress up about stuff he has no expertise on.

If i was in charge of a huge ammount of capital and I wrote tweets trying to manipulate the price of company stock - i would probably run it past a really good lawyer if i was being clever.
Elon Musk continually says stupid poo poo that most people would know not to say or just stop themselves.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
The only thing Elon has going for him is that having enough money makes one immune to all consequences. He can keep saying and doing stupid poo poo and the system will keep paying him to do so; while throngs of fatherless simps applaud his every action without a thought of their own. If rich man says it, it must be true! As much as he sees himself as a world-saving messiah, his ilk will actually be the downfall of us all. The world is a plaything for any man of such obscene privilege, and giving him any credit at all is giving him too much credit.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Musk is just peacocking to his new chud friends. He's had a lonely life and always wanted attention and now he has it.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

:lmao: at this. Bless these guys

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Are those landmines? Aaaaaa.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Arivia posted:

Are those landmines? Aaaaaa.

If they don't have fuse or detonator in them they are just stupid plastic rocks that mostly just impose a tripping hazard.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Some guy just blew himself up in a ukraniaan council meeting

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Dumb rear end set off a bunch of flash bangs thinking it would be funny

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Tai posted:

Dumb rear end set off a bunch of flash bangs thinking it would be funny

Were they flash bangs? I watched the video without realizing what I was about to see, so that makes me feel a little better.

E: but only a little, he still killed someone

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
I guess launching Iranian and DPRK satellites is not enough

short thread on Putinjugend

quote:

1/ The Russian government has instructed schools across the country to establish military museums to teach children to "glorify the heroes and defenders of the Motherland". The initiative comes as part of a drive to militarise Russia's schools and promote martial values.
2/ 'We Can Explain' reports on an order issued recently by Deputy Minister of Education Alexander Bugaev ordering educational establishments to create "sections dedicated to participants in the Special Military Operation".
3/ The order instructs schools to create a "memorial museum ... in the place where a member of the [Russian armed forces] who died in the performance of military duty or while performing heroic actions lived or studied."
4/ If no such individual can be found, then "the possibility of creating an exhibition on the general topic of the SMO should be considered." Realistic 1:1 models of ammunition or shell fragments should be used to avoid possible hazards from the real thing.
5/ The military museums are to be used in conjunction with lessons on courage, military-themed hours and activities, and excursions. Teachers are instructed to use them as the basis for lessons in history, literature and Russian language, art and crafts.
6/ The document advises that "when discussing the SMO and any related topics, it can cause strong emotional reactions in students." In particular, "adolescent students have a special need for convincing argumentation; their perception of reality is contradictory and critical."
7/ The initiative comes against the background of a systematic drive to militarise Russia's schools, which among other things has seen kindergarteners practising trench warfare.
8/ So-called "military-patriotic clubs" of military veterans have visited schools to show off weapons and talk about the experiences in the war in Ukraine. Teachers have also been fully involved in such efforts.
9/ In Votkinsk in Udmurtia, children in paratrooper uniforms were told by a teacher of how "ordinary guys show examples of perseverance and heroism, take the wounded from the battlefield, storm the positions of the Ukrainian Nazis and defend the world until their last breath."
10/ Before the war, child psychologists opposed this kind of education as they considered that introducing weapons to children encouraged aggression. An anti-militarist "Day of Destruction of Military Toys" used to be promoted in Russia, but no longer.
11/ The evident goal of such initiatives is to create a thoroughly militaristic new generation of Russians for whom war and fighting to defeat Ukraine are the natural order of things. /end

"Here is a memorial to hero of SMO, previously serving life sentence for child killing, died of alcohol poisoning a week after being pardoned... here is another hero, 18 years old, died a week after he was sent to trenches... another hero, froze to death after he was wounded and abandoned somewhere in the steppe..."

Another longer thread on foreign agent law

quote:

1/ Russia's process for deciding who is a 'foreign agent' is reported to be arbitrary and corrupt, with individuals being deliberately set up for inclusion and others added because they are associates of targeted individuals or simply because they have annoyed officials.
2/ Russia's Foreign Agents Law, passed in 2012, requires anyone who receives "support" from outside Russia or is under "influence" from outside Russia to register and declare themselves as "foreign agents". This has enabled the authorities to harass and censor them.
3/ Since the start of the war in Ukraine, the number of people being targeted under the law has increased greatly. Many independent journalists, news outlets, activists and critics of the regime have been targeted. Some have had to go into exile; others have been imprisoned.
4/ However, Verstka reports, source close to the Russian Ministry of Justice say that formerly strict criteria have been replaced by arbitrary orders and situational judgments, as well as overt instances of deliberately framing people so they can be declared 'foreign agents'.
5/ Originally, the criteria for being a declared 'foreign agent' were twofold: you either had to be a "an irritant to the authorities", or to have received foreign funding, for which there was no statute of limitations – so any money ever received from abroad would count.
6/ This has allowed for some creative moves. As an example, the election observers' Movement for the Defence of Voters' Rights "Golos" ("Voice") was declared a foreign agent after someone working for the Russian government sent it 200 rubles ($2.23) from Armenia.
7/ Since an amendment to the law in 2022, however, it has been possible to be declared a foreign agent without foreign state funding. It is now considered enough to "fall under foreign influence", a completely arbitrary criterion.
8/ Corrupt officials can get personal enemies onto the list through contacts in the Ministry of Justice. "You can literally contact this department [which oversees law enforcement in the NGO sector] through your friends and say, such and such annoy me, pay attention to them."
9/ The ministry also proactively monitors news and social media outlets to make "situational judgments" about who to include, which can lead to very rapid decisions. When actor Artur Smolyaninov declared his readiness to fight for Ukraine, he was listed only 5 days later.
10/ The list also punishes 'guilt by association'. According to Verstka's source, the Ministry of Justice "singles out one or two" representatives of the media or a company and includes in the list at the same time other people who are “associated with this office."
11/ In such circumstances it does not matter if the target is even still employed by the organisation being targeted.
12/ The source says: "They are looking for [potential targets] in the media, on Telegram, in conversations among themselves. The evidence base is not as important as the negativity [towards the targets] coming from the right people."
13/ New lists of 'foreign agents' are released each Friday. While there is no quota, the people compiling the list are expected to find new entries each week. If they don't find anything to condemn people, the source says, "they make it up."
14/ Decisions can be delayed due to disagreements over who to include, or even vacations in the department responsible for listing. "They may slow down due to dissatisfaction of someone at the top with the inclusion of a certain person there, or stupidly because of vacations".
15/ The listing of the rock star Boris Grebenshchikov and the producer and screenwriter Semyon Slepakov caused particular disagreements. The final decision is made by Deputy Minister of Justice Oleg Sviridenko, whose voice is described as "decisive".
16/ Sviridenko, a former judge of the Moscow Arbitration Court who is now under international sanctions, is described as "dishonest" and is said to have become a millionnaire from bribes. It's reportedly possible to get people added to the foreign agents list for a fee.
17/ Verstka's sources say that this happened to Katerina Bosov, the widow of banker Dmitry Bosov. "Sviridenko did this for a certain fee. This was the strangest case possible". She was listed in 2022 with the claim that she was being funded from Ukraine.
18/ Bosov claimed at the time that the Ministry of Justice had been misled by a fake interview in which she purportedly claimed that she had often gone to rallies "in support of democratic processes" and that the war in Ukraine was the straw that broke the camel’s back."
19/ Bosov is a controversial figure who came under investigation with unproven accusations that she had driven her billionnaire husband to suicide. In 2020 she discovered his body with a gunshot wound to the head, and later fled into exile in the West.
20/ While the facts of Bosov's case are unclear, it's been evident for a while that the foreign agents law – which human rights activists say violates Russia's own constitution – has become an instrument for arbitrary coercion and legal harassment. /end

Dwesa fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Dec 15, 2023

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Re: The curling video

Really trying hard to get more Canadian money

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Russia's insistent need to gently caress around with kids is grossly messed up. This doesn't end well psychologically for some of these kids once they finish school. Creating problem after problem that will backfire in 20-30 years time. The demographic crisis is getting worse each time they gently caress around.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
https://apnews.com/article/ukraine-russia-war-funding-weapons-2153375d4394d5783fad73858b51e993

lmao

Hey, uh, sorry, uuhhh we seemed to have overcharged a lot of stuff we gave to Ukraine so actually there's still more money kicking around!

It's not the big bill GOP is holding out on but $6 Bil to plug the hole while Xmas plays out is quite handy for UA.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

HonorableTB posted:

Note the "Not shown on X" line. His simping dick-riders vote 'not helpful' on any community notes that make Muskie look bad, so that the notes are only displayed if you actually take a specific action to see them (I don't know what that is personally, I use that site as little as possible).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Tai posted:

Russia's insistent need to gently caress around with kids is grossly messed up. This doesn't end well psychologically for some of these kids once they finish school. Creating problem after problem that will backfire in 20-30 years time. The demographic crisis is getting worse each time they gently caress around.

I wonder how many of these kids who have been viciously drilled on why the Special Military Operation™ is good and cool and why Ukraine is a bunch of Confused Russians who need Putin's fair but brutal pragmatism genuinely believe all this stuff versus how many just nod along but know that it's just bullshit/don't care, whether or not they do know the reality happening in Ukraine or they just really want to go home and play some DOTA.

Bonus points for if they ever look at any corner of the internet that isn't deathgripped by the Kremlin