Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Fat Samurai posted:

Because I've played other Owlcat games, I've downloaded Toybox, toggle points of interest is a gamechanger. Where is the setting for free respecs?

Go to the party tab and there should be an option for respec next to your characters. If you're on the ship you might need to swap to the remote characters subtab

Was it the gog or steam version that needed a file renamed after this patch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019

Sharkopath posted:

Realizing that Yrliet is supposed to be able to use Wanderers Portent which would be a huge boost to her killing power in any given turn, but they've added a tag that Eldar cant use the eldar rifle that also requires her main trait, and that means nobody can use it.

Very odd.

It's supposed to be fixed by the patch... but it isn't, because Owlcat.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Sharkopath posted:

Realizing that Yrliet is supposed to be able to use Wanderers Portent which would be a huge boost to her killing power in any given turn, but they've added a tag that Eldar cant use the eldar rifle that also requires her main trait, and that means nobody can use it.

Very odd.

Yeah, I just picked up her up expecting to be able to use this directly superior gun on her...

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

CommissarMega posted:

When you reach an unexplored system and pick the 'Chart New Routes' option, you get 1 Navigator's Insight (the resource). As you can tell, it's very limited, unless you use Toybox.

I get they wanna lean into warp travel being dangerous but gently caress me is it tedious in this game

Eschatos
Apr 10, 2013

pictured: Big Cum's Most Monstrous Ambassador
Is it just me or does Cassia's power to make enemies in an area attack each other just flat out not work? It does the animation, I see the buff against future instances apply itself, but then no one does anything. Unless it's some incredibly easy save but I would have thought her 70 willpower would have caused at least one failure in the dozen plus guys i've hit with it.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Pattonesque posted:

I get they wanna lean into warp travel being dangerous but gently caress me is it tedious in this game

It would be an easy fix to make it less tedious too - let us move multiple systems at a time and add a toggle to disable the lore text popups.

Cheating in a few hundred nav points with Toybox fixes it though :toot:

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Kobal2 posted:

OK so I'm trying something new with Cassia, but I have to know : what is/does Warp damage, exactly ? Is it only the perils of the warp stuff (and some rare bits of demonic/heretic gear that specifically say Warp damage) or do psyker/navigator powers also count as Warp dmg ? Basically what I wanna know is : does her "any enemy damaged by cassia's powers takes more warp damage" ramp up her own eyeblast damage ?

Warp damage is just a special kind of damage that ignores non-magic defenses.

Can anyone explain how Notch of Purpose is supposed to be good?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
For those curious who the secret companions are and what conviction they're tied to

Dogmatic: Incendia-Bastaal Chorda
Iconoclast: Calligos Winterscale
Hereticus: Uralon the Cruel and you lose Argenta, Heinrix, Yrliet and Ulfar

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Arglebargle III posted:

It lets you pull enemies out of cover, and there's a talent Cass can take that makes all of her movement abilities deal damage. This is far less useful now that they fixed the bug that let her have a permanent +400% damage on her movement abilities with Press the Advantage though.

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

Arglebargle III posted:

Perilous Ways makes it deal damage for the forced movement, and it doesn't count as an attack, so you can Notch, Point of Curiosity, then hit em with the eyebeam.

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010

Eschatos posted:

Is it just me or does Cassia's power to make enemies in an area attack each other just flat out not work? It does the animation, I see the buff against future instances apply itself, but then no one does anything. Unless it's some incredibly easy save but I would have thought her 70 willpower would have caused at least one failure in the dozen plus guys i've hit with it.

Its absolute poo poo. 9/10 times it doesn't work and when it does the AI exploits the technicality of having to attack its friends by doing stuff like lining up burst fire with one of your guys in the way or hucks a grenade to splash one of its soldiers and all of yours.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Eschatos posted:

I've been using it in Act 1 constantly, but if you are seeing that now the patch probably broke it.

Just for the record, for anyone unfamiliar with their previous games

Kingmaker
- was unbeatable on release, the chapter 6 main quest was bugged, and it wasn't fully fixed for 6 months or so
- Final dungeon was universally panned as poo poo design and called wildly unbalanced even by the people playing unfair, went through several revisions but never quite fixed
- There was a fail state you could reach in chapter 5 if you failed a single extreme high skill check, they patched in some solutions but were so roundabout it wasn't very useful
- One of their DLCs was/is bugged as hell and would spawn level 20 enemy parties to attack level 5 players (and not in the normal way they designed their difficulty)

Wrath
- At launch serious mythic path problems in Act 5 (the post Beta content) along with some very unbalanced difficulty encounters later significantly patched to reduce the problem
- Launched with a prestige class of Assassin, a class specializing in poison, for a campaign where 90% of the enemies have full poison immunity (just recently fixed after years, still required several quick patches after to improve it)
- Azata had a capstone feature advertised for Act 5, your "Court", that ended up never being implemented into the game.
- The charge ability was in a quantum state of being broken or working for months, not sure if it ever got fixed
- During the flurry of early week patches, between nerfing various exploits that benefitted the player, they broke the game at least once making it impossible to finish Act 4.
- A lot of promised end game content never materialized, adding actual content to the Gold Dragon and Devil paths.
- Their most recent major patch finally fixed extremely popular and common player strategies like taking Archmage Armor talents for everyone because it benefitted from potion/scroll uses (itself only widely embraced because there were no comparable advanced armor feats)

Like, just saying, the game will likely not be in the same state in a month, like going from a proper 0.8 version to a solid 1.0 version, and it's very possible a lot of gameplay mechanics people are using now will not work afterwards as they 'rebalance' the combat to work as intended.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Yeah I am just considering pausing my playthrough and picking it up again in a month because even though I haven't really hit any big bug stuff right now I am worried about it being more of an issue the deeper in.

Magni
Apr 29, 2009

habeasdorkus posted:

hmm, how do i get more of the warp stuff i need to make new paths to planets? I think I've scanned every system I could get to, didn't think I was being that profligate but I guess I was!

At least in the beta you'd eventually start getting random events and fights when doing jumps along yellow or worse warp routes, some of which could award you more navigator's insight.

Kobal2 posted:

OK so I'm trying something new with Cassia, but I have to know : what is/does Warp damage, exactly ? Is it only the perils of the warp stuff (and some rare bits of demonic/heretic gear that specifically say Warp damage) or do psyker/navigator powers also count as Warp dmg ? Basically what I wanna know is : does her "any enemy damaged by cassia's powers takes more warp damage" ramp up her own eyeblast damage ?

AFAIK psyker and navigator powers both count.

t3isukone
Dec 18, 2020

13km away
Well, after dealing with the worst bug so far being Argenta falling off the map, I now got locked from story progression. Feels like that's a rite of passage. (I think? We're supposed to go to the Anatomical Opera, except the bouncer wrack won't let me in, I can't go to the Arena either, and I don't know what to do.)

Also there was some weird dialogue with Yrliet and the Harlequin but I don't know if that was them being bugged or my character being high as balls when she first met the Harlequin guy so she doesn't remember him or what Harlequins are/Yrliet being in a very bad place and thus super grateful that my character forgave her after making her hurt herself to prove that she was sorry.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
I really want to play, but I think letting this bake for 6 months to a year is the best bet. At least there are still plenty of good games in my pile o shame to get through.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

t3isukone posted:

Well, after dealing with the worst bug so far being Argenta falling off the map, I now got locked from story progression. Feels like that's a rite of passage. (I think? We're supposed to go to the Anatomical Opera, except the bouncer wrack won't let me in, I can't go to the Arena either, and I don't know what to do.)

Also there was some weird dialogue with Yrliet and the Harlequin but I don't know if that was them being bugged or my character being high as balls when she first met the Harlequin guy so she doesn't remember him or what Harlequins are/Yrliet being in a very bad place and thus super grateful that my character forgave her after making her hurt herself to prove that she was sorry.

Kill the Wrack and try?

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Wrath of the Righteous has a free weekend on Steam running now, and will then be on sale with a deep discount for the base game and the DLCs.

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

t3isukone posted:

You have to deal with both the Commissar and the snakeboy at the pit - it closes the convo out after you deal with one or the other but you gotta do it for both then after that he'll let you past if you talk with him.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

IDK Late Act 2, Early Act 3?

I have a Forgefeind :getin:

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Rigorous Training and Psalm of Heroes still being broken stinks. Weird they hit most of the non-functioning stuff and not those two.

e: apparently rigorous training will randomly unbug itself and start working???

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Dec 14, 2023

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Sharkopath posted:

Very odd.

Ran into this issue last night, thought I was going insane.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Arglebargle III posted:

Guy standing next to my two warriors gets forced to move through their threatened squares: two free attacks of opportunity.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

It’s also an infinite range nuke with the talent, you can absolutely dumpster some of the really annoying sniper fights early on with it.

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
I'll hve to check tonight if the DLC needed thing is fixed. sounds like if not, I'll have to wait until fixed.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

They said it's already patched on steam, and yes I can load my saves again.

grobbo
May 29, 2014

t3isukone posted:

Yeah, it sounds like you made the same assumption as me, but this might not be a gamebreaker.

If you click on the Opera entrance directly, the Wrack will tell you to get lost even when you've progressed to the point that you should have access. Talk to him instead and he'll let you in, which clears the blocker on the entrance.

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

Kobal2 posted:

It's supposed to be fixed by the patch... but it isn't, because Owlcat.

:lol: They fixed the bug that made it one-handed but not the bug that prevents you from equipping it at all. Also it still shows 1 AP to fire but I'm going to guess is still actually 2 AP. [edit: Yep, still 2 AP]

For anyone else having issues with Wanderer's Portent, Toybox will let you equip it, look in Bag of Tricks under Cheats and "ignore Equipment Restrictions", you can turn it back off right after equipping it and it'll stay in her weapon slot.

bees everywhere fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Dec 15, 2023

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Blockhouse posted:

Rigorous Training and Psalm of Heroes still being broken stinks. Weird they hit most of the non-functioning stuff and not those two.

e: apparently rigorous training will randomly unbug itself and start working???

looked these up and i found a reddit thread about the first one from 6 months ago lol. dont hold your breath for these ones folks

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I was looking at the detailed combat calculations for Cull the Bold, and basically nothing makes any sense. It's adding like 2 damage when it should be adding 20+.

FurtherReading
Sep 4, 2007

Arglebargle III posted:

A few reasons:

1. It is required for Point of Curiosity, which is like Notch of Purpose but AoE.
2. Both can do damage scaling off willpower bonus, which is very easy for Cassia to increase in combat with other talents.
3. Both can be used to trigger attacks of opportunity.
4. Unlike Point of Curiosity it can impact enemies who are not in line of sight, which can pull them into a place where Point of Curiosity works.
5. With a devastating staff these can be cast twice allowing you to easily bunch up nearly all the enemies in many maps into a tight, AoE friendly area.
6. Both cost 1AP, so you can easily cast them and also use bring it down so the bunched up enemies can be ruined right away.

Points 1, 5 and 6 are the main things that make it good. I tend to put down a frontline and cast killzone on it with Pasqal's Grand Strategist turn then I have Cassia fill it with sacrifices via point of curiosity and (if needed) notch of purpose during her grand strategist turn, then tell Argenta to bring it down.

FurtherReading fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Dec 15, 2023

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

At this point my party is doing victory laps with one hand on the wheel. I picked up the Space Marine, and he's done gently caress-all because Argenta stacks up 50 stacks of Versatility, sends her BS above 400, and turns everyone into chunky salsa or well-done meat pucks depending on whether I need an AOE or a single target shred.

Watching a heavy bolter with 6-9 base damage do 120+ per hit is wild. What boss? If my trader and Cassia ask what their purpose is, it's to pass Argenta turns.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
Favorite thing is that if you choose the Iconoclast choice at the end of Act 1, it really is the gift that keeps on giving.

FurtherReading
Sep 4, 2007

How far away from the other main planets in your territory is kiava gamma? I've spent what feels like days in act 2 flying around aimlessly doing side quest stuff. I'm about to fight off the dark eldar invading my capital world and I'm still not sure where this final system is supposed to be.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Further Reading posted:

How far away from the other main planets in your territory is kiava gamma? I've spent what feels like days in act 2 flying around aimlessly doing side quest stuff. I'm about to fight off the dark eldar invading my capital world and I'm still not sure where this final system is supposed to be.

It's about as far over to the left as the game will let you get in this act. The name of the system is Crannach.

Gainsboro
Feb 28, 2023

Twenty Year Lurker

Fat Samurai posted:

Because I've played other Owlcat games, I've downloaded Toybox, toggle points of interest is a gamechanger. Where is the setting for free respecs?
I was resisting the urge to install it for RT until I started respeccing my party and learned that the cost of doing so scales linearly. Absurd for this type of game.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

deep dish peat moss posted:

It lets you pull enemies out of cover, and there's a talent Cass can take that makes all of her movement abilities deal damage. This is far less useful now that they fixed the bug that let her have a permanent +400% damage on her movement abilities with Press the Advantage though.

even before that fix I think there was a pretty good argument for making her a Grand Strategist solely for the ability to guarantee she goes first anyway - you do have other party members and it's not strictly necessary that she be the one to ultimately clear rooms on top of being insanely tanky/apply crazy unresistable debuffs/crowd control everything/etc. ;)

given how snowbally/momentum-driven (in multiple senses) combat in RT is, I think there's a significant benefit in knowing you'll be able to use her crowd control and debuffs to re-arrange the initial battlefield to your liking and get things rolling vs. making her scale even harder when things are going reasonably well

it's really hard to overstate how good the navigator talents/abilities are as a package

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Do escort ships that get destroyed in battle go away permanently? Or do they come back next combat

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Do escort ships that get destroyed in battle go away permanently? Or do they come back next combat

They'll be back in the next fight, no worries about when they get themselves killed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

DMV quest bugged, Argentas Astray quest bugged, as did an early Act IV quest :(
Does Toybox allow us to view ingame scripts etc to try and see whats going on to help determine script breaks?

And wtf was with the Act III final boss mechanically? Full healed like three times, seemed to have a Phase Switch at 50% hp, and sometimes would instantly take a full turn when a damage threshold hit? Even with Argentas DPS ol Abelard, Pasqal, and Yrilet were on the ropes

Also Space Marine sucks. His power armor stinks!