Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟
https://x.com/Mill_Moron/status/1735295334052663411?s=20

houses that are taking too long to sell always start on fire for no reason

https://x.com/Mill_Moron/status/1735417479894385052?s=20

probably nothing

definitely unrelated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

probably nothing

definitely unrelated

sound slike it was a bunch of kids up to no good

what is this world coming to

let's give the police a 20% raise

Guigui
Jan 19, 2010
Winner of January '10 Lux Aeterna "Best 2010 Poster" Award

PhilippAchtel posted:

Eating Honey Nut Cheerios now and the bee in the box seems pretty happy

At least "buzzbee" is trying to sell you his product - like "try this, we worked so very hard to make it!".

I honestly can't say that about sugar bear. I hate him - he's so SMUG and condescending, that whole "yeah, I'm just so much *better* than you". Heck, there's even a commercial of him just casually strolling into a woman's home, breaking open her safe, and waltzing out with sugar crisps.

I think Zach Parsons sums him up better than I...

https://www.somethingawful.com/most-awful/nasonex-mcdonalds-aflac/3/

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

RBC posted:

sound slike it was a bunch of kids up to no good

what is this world coming to

let's give the police a 20% raise

This is Toronto, so that will almost certainly be the result if the owner was a builder.

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
vancity cops got a big raise to help the homeless

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

probably nothing

definitely unrelated

:hmmyes:

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
we'll never get out of this housing crunch at this rate

linoleum floors
Mar 25, 2012

Please. Let me tell you all about how you're all idiots. I am of superior intellect here. Go suck some dicks. You have all fucking stupid opinions. This is my fucking opinion.
I can get on board with the burning mansions thing, but the next step is replacing it with a concrete apartment block

I guess progress is slow but it's a start

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

a four man crew to burn down one mansion? what are your overheads?

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!
concrete is super expensive to maintain. wood frame 5 over 1s is where it’s at.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

infernal machines posted:

a four man crew to burn down one mansion? what are your overheads?

One of those guys is a garbage can

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

there's a guy next to the garbage can, obscured by a tree

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Yeah 4 people is insane, too many loose ends.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

infernal machines posted:

there's a guy next to the garbage can, obscured by a tree

"the owner actually isn't in this photo" was the reply I was looking for tbh

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

drat horror queefs posted:

I had my fair share of half-hearted debates with a vegan ex about how "stealing" honey from the bees kept in apiaries is fine, bees make honey and we protect them from natural predators; it's a pretty okay deal. I choose to believe that the bees don't really mind it, but we'll never know I guess.

To exist is to cause harm to other things. Eating a carrot means that something else can't eat that carrot. In that excessively broad sense nothing can be "vegan" except suicide.

It's okay to try to minimize the harm we cause to other things but, man, I can't really bring myself to care about the feelings of a bee. Life is hard enough without beating myself up over the emotional turmoil of insects. I don't go around pulling the legs off of spiders but there's a limit to my empathy

I recall the first time I encountered this sort of thinking (and I mostly eat vegetarian myself) someone yelled at me about how processed sugar was filtered through BONES!!! then her boyfriend started talking about "breatharianism" (look it up) and how one dude he knew went on a fast and poo poo a ball of mercury that weighed like 35 pounds :wtc: They soon left that job to go on summer tour with the Grateful Dead. Glad I took them to dinner at a Bob Evans in retrospect.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008

Bilirubin posted:

I recall the first time I encountered this sort of thinking (and I mostly eat vegetarian myself) someone yelled at me about how processed sugar was filtered through BONES!!! then her boyfriend started talking about "breatharianism" (look it up) and how one dude he knew went on a fast and poo poo a ball of mercury that weighed like 35 pounds :wtc: They soon left that job to go on summer tour with the Grateful Dead. Glad I took them to dinner at a Bob Evans in retrospect.

Sugar processed from sugar cane uses bone char to filter it to make the sugar white. I believe most sugar up here in Canada is processed from sugar beets which does not go through that filtering process.

Not as crazy as it sounds compared to breatharianism!

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

finally i have a retort when my coworkers give me poo poo about sweetening my coffee with bone dust

Fidelitious
Apr 17, 2018

MY BIRTH CRY WILL BE THE SOUND OF EVERY WALLET ON THIS PLANET OPENING IN UNISON.
Well we have to do our part to support the bone industry.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

blatman posted:

finally i have a retort when my coworkers give me poo poo about sweetening my coffee with bone dust

the coffee thread is that way

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Wait, do vegans have any issue with using human parts? Because if they don't, hello new market!

Wait, is looting graves for the bones of the dead legal? Eh, I'm sure I'll be able to afford a lawyer with all that sweet vegan markup money.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Plants have actually tricked us into cultivating them. Who controls who

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

Randalor posted:

Wait, do vegans have any issue with using human parts? Because if they don't, hello new market!

Wait, is looting graves for the bones of the dead legal? Eh, I'm sure I'll be able to afford a lawyer with all that sweet vegan markup money.

soylent green is people vegan

ElehemEare
May 20, 2001
I am an omnipotent penguin.

[canada] spontaneous housing combustion

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Randalor posted:

i believe the official vegan council ruling is that breast milk and semen are both vegan if obtained with consent so i don't see why this wouldn't apply to all human-derived products

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

I just had one of my muffins for breakfast and they are loving delicious.

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
If you get your consumption pattern perfectly correct and moral then the key to the universe will appear before you, and you can unmake reality if you so choose

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

basically chaos magick with extra steps.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

so how about that bill S-210

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Disguised as a garbage can

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller

Karach posted:

If you get your consumption pattern perfectly correct and moral then the key to the universe will appear before you, and you can unmake reality if you so choose

i too have seen scott pilgrim

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

cock hero flux posted:

i believe the official vegan council ruling is that breast milk and semen are both vegan if obtained with consent so i don't see why this wouldn't apply to all human-derived products

excellent, blow jobs are vegan

sitchensis
Mar 4, 2009

my bones can’t handle all these stairways, help me justin

bssoil
Mar 21, 2004

Bilirubin posted:

Hmmm

quote:

Scientific societies such as the British Dietetic Association strongly disadvise the breatharian diet, qualifying it as "dangerous", and stating that "the basic fact is we all need food and liquid in our diet to live."[1][10]

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

sitchensis posted:

my bones can’t handle all these stairways, help me justin

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

oh yeah, and who paid for those studies? Big Food And Liquid, that's who!

bssoil
Mar 21, 2004

vyelkin posted:

oh yeah, and who paid for those studies? Big Food And Liquid, that's who!
:aaa:

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

I'm vegetarian and make art from bones, sure the ethics are a touch dodgy, but what isn't? I could make art from plastic or resin (which are vegan I guess), but imo that is way worse. I think a little flexibility can actually go a long way. Allowing myself to work with bones is reducing demand for heavily processed hydro-carbons. I avoid palm oil because of how bad that is for the environment, but it is also vegan.

Just a little reality check though, I never run into these insane vegans I'm always being told about, despite being an artist. Holy hell though if I mention I can't eat something, suddenly it is being shoved in my face by grown rear end adults like they are 3 year olds. It doesn't matter the setting, if it comes up some meat eater acts like I've just murdered their child because I turned down a chicken wing. Eat what you want, but don't go after other people for what they eat. We're all out here trying to do our best.

Edit: Just now realizing that I went vegetarian because of some GBS 1 month challenge in the 2000s and never stopped, oops. (I know I know, GBS)

Virtual Russian has issued a correction as of 23:20 on Dec 15, 2023

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Virtual Russian posted:

Just a little reality check though, I never run into these insane vegans I'm always being told about,

they're at my nearby skytrain station weekly with v for vendetta masks and ominous music and giant TVs showing baby chickens being dumped into trash compactors

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

i just wanted to make a joke about honey not being vegan

bones are a good material for sculpture, imo. and generally if you're in a position to use them, whatever grew them isn't going to complain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

CLAM DOWN posted:

they're at my nearby skytrain station weekly with v for vendetta masks and ominous music and giant TVs showing baby chickens being dumped into trash compactors

Sure, but counter point: Every Skytrain station attracts insane people like a moth to a flame.

I'm not mad or anything, the conversation was just getting a little chudy