Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

The structural differences between the leagues are all gone now. It's one unified umpiring crew, the DH is universal, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

For Sound Financial Pranning!

bawfuls posted:

The structural differences between the leagues are all gone now. It's one unified umpiring crew, the DH is universal, etc.

I just mean in terms of the stadium regularly visited. Sorry, not phrasing this well.

Oh also people knocking Dodger Stadium, this press conference is taking place behind the centerfield wall which used to be like the Thunderdome during a game but is now quite pleasant and my daughter enjoys watching the game on the playground you can climb on. The way they've turned it into a whole 360 experience is quite nice.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Park factors are also much less extreme now than they were 50 or 80 years ago.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

MaoistBanker posted:

I just mean in terms of the stadium regularly visited. Sorry, not phrasing this well.

Oh also people knocking Dodger Stadium, this press conference is taking place behind the centerfield wall which used to be like the Thunderdome during a game but is now quite pleasant and my daughter enjoys watching the game on the playground you can climb on. The way they've turned it into a whole 360 experience is quite nice.

Yeah the renovations are great. Way easier to grab a beer and a dog once they tell you to stop heckling the bullpen.

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

Zisky posted:

Yeah the renovations are great. Way easier to grab a beer and a dog once they tell you to stop heckling the bullpen.

I honestly cannot believe they set it up like that. I mean, heckling aside one errant elbow and your $25 beer is on the catcher's head.

MaoistBanker fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Dec 15, 2023

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
Speaking about public transportation to the ballpark, the last time the wife and I went to Oracle Park, we took CalTrain to the end of the line which is a couple of blocks away from the ballpark. Was super cheap and way more convenient than trying to find parking or paying $60 to park or some crap like that. Plus they allow you to drink on the train, so we bought a 6 pack of beer and chugged them on the way up.

I hope they find some way to get light rail into Chavez Ravine, because goddamn that place is impossible to get in and out of on gamedays.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

trilljester posted:

I hope they find some way to get light rail into Chavez Ravine, because goddamn that place is impossible to get in and out of on gamedays.
feels weird to say this, but the Giants fan is right

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
https://twitter.com/samesfandiari/status/1735438476110402016

Edit: For context:

Craptacular! posted:

https://twitter.com/extrabaggs/status/1734805152220184935

The interesting note is that Posey delicately suggests that the chud narrative of San Francisco, the one of an open air zoo of human feces piling up on sidewalks and muggers on every corner, is spooking free agents. Particularly international signings from cultures where grime is usually hidden from view. Ohtani himself expressed no reservations, but his entourage did.

Seiya Suzuki signing with the Cubs is specifically cited as a time where the Bay Area was perceived as being less safe (than Chicago???)

Red fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Dec 15, 2023

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Glasnow/Margot for Pepiot/Deluca is done, contingent on Glasnow signing an extension per Passan

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Tigers signing Jack Flaherty makes me happy.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Gorman Thomas posted:

Glasnow/Margot for Pepiot/Deluca is done, contingent on Glasnow signing an extension per Passan

I guess when you have unlimited cash you can take on unlimited injury risk.

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

An embarrassment of riches for the Dodgers who land Manuel Margot.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

mcmagic posted:

you're just mad because the Dodgers are doing what you wish the Yankees would do

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/status/1735462247730753880

Time to find out how Glasnow feels about deferred money!

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007

mcmagic posted:

Friedman taking the WiS approach to starting pitchers. Why have 5 guys who can throw 200 innings when you can have 10 guys who can throw 100 innings?

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
glas ‘em

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Sydin posted:

https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/status/1735462247730753880

Time to find out how Glasnow feels about deferred money!
Glasnow will get the other Friedman special: a complex series of playing-time bonuses and escalators

Gorman Thomas posted:

Friedman taking the WiS approach to starting pitchers. Why have 5 guys who can throw 200 innings when you can have 10 guys who can throw 100 innings?
it worked with Rich Hill

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

bawfuls posted:

you're just mad because the Dodgers are doing what you wish the Yankees would do

I did not want the Yankees to get either of these players.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

mcmagic posted:

I did not want the Yankees to get either of these players.
ok coulda fooled me!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

bawfuls posted:

ok coulda fooled me!

I spent like 2 pages making GBS threads on Cashman for being intertested in Margot lol

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Offering Glasnow playing time escalators is also cheating because he will never reach them.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

It’s…it’s weird to be a fan of team that can just like…get pitching…is this what being a fan of the Dodgers is like, bawfuls?

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

NieR Occomata posted:

It’s…it’s weird to be a fan of team that can just like…get pitching…is this what being a fan of the Dodgers is like, bawfuls?
This is only one part of the experience. The other part happens every October. The two halves are inseparable.

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

NieR Occomata posted:

AS YOU CAN SEE FROM LAST SEASON NO IT IS NOT. PLEASE SEE KERSHAW, CLAYTON and LYNN, LANCE's starts from the 2023 NLDS.

"However, the wheels fell off in the third inning when the Diamondbacks put on a Home Run Derby.

Geraldo Perdomo started the barrage with a leadoff solo shot, and later came by blasts from Ketel Marte and Christian Walker.

Gabriel Moreno then hit a ball down the line which was initially ruled a home run before being called a foul ball and upheld with replay. At the moment, it seemed like a much-needed break for the Dodgers, but that feeling was short-lived as Moreno blasted a home run on Lynn’s next pitch.

In total, Lynn gave up four home runs in the inning, and the Dodgers never recovered. Although manager Dave Roberts said he planned to approach the matchup like it was Game 7 and have more urgency, he instead left Lynn on the mound to put the Dodgers in another early hole."

You get a tantalizing glimpse of the Dodgers other postseason problem from the graf above.

MaoistBanker fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Dec 15, 2023

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

This is the real reason Ohtani chose LA

https://twitter.com/lindseyadler/status/1735467298868416917

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
The Lance Lynn trade is one of the most baffling decisions I've seen the Dodgers FO make. He sucked all year what did they think would happen in October?

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

They should have traded for Montgomery but that rotation was so decimated one more starter wasn't going to move the needle.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

MaoistBanker posted:

AS YOU CAN SEE FROM LAST SEASON NO IT IS NOT.

Nothing tastes sweeter than a cup of water for a man dying of thirst.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

After seeing pictures of him with his dog and then that press conference, yeah without a doubt.

gently caress the haters, gotta love a dog guy.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

bawfuls posted:

I would be wary committing big dollars to Glasnow and Margot is nothing important. I understand why they want Glasnow though, he's really good so you gotta pay to play

Zisky
May 6, 2003

MaoistBanker posted:

I honestly cannot believe they set it up like that. I mean, heckling aside one errant elbow and your $25 beer is on the catcher's head.

It's nuts but I'm here for it.

The concession options are also greatly improved for the outfield in general. I've always loved blue heaven but it's finally starting to live up to it's reputation, at least for the first time in a long while.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Glasnow has I believe, the highest post season ERA of all time for any SP with 5 or more post season starts.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

AND he gets hurt a lot? He’ll fit right in!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
The Dodgers should pitch Glasnow once every two turns through the rotation

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

bawfuls posted:

AND he gets hurt a lot? He’ll fit right in!

Let's see if Glasnow ends up like Jason Schmidt and earns more than $1m per inning pitched over the course of the contract.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Luigi Thirty posted:

Offering Glasnow playing time escalators is also cheating because he will never reach them.

Didn't Maeda get sent to the bullpen as soon as he was about to reach one? :lol:

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Ohtani's probably about even money to not pitch 700 innings for the Dodgers

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
https://twitter.com/JonHeyman/status/1735469493206278274

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

if the Dodgers were really serious about competing they'd bring back Vin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
If Yamamoto breaks the bank and the Mariners are serious about trading a starter I wonder what a fair deal for Luis Castillo would be. Seems like he'd be easier to square on a deal than Gilbert and worth more than Woo/Miller.