Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Ror posted:

penis-width modulation owns, sometimes you’re just in the mood to have a chode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

PWM is somehow related to CBT, isn't it....

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
assuming your vocabulary and creativity is up to it sure

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

DandyLion posted:

PWM is somehow related to CBT, isn't it....

Flying out of PWM is an off-and-on-nightmare. At least CBT isn't named after a racial slur anymore

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Oh thank gently caress I have no idea what you are talking about

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Salami Surgeon posted:

You can also drive an LED with PWM past it's continuous current rating to get more light with less power on average because luminous intensity isn't linear with current.

Yes but that's not perceived brightness. That's actual brightness

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
wait how old are the penises

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
did you get the variety pack or the vintage?

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
https://www.themarysue.com/cait-corrain-goodreads-controversy-explained/

https://www.themarysue.com/cait-corrain-apology-goodreads-controversy/

Been following this for the past few days but the TL;DR a debut SFF created a bunch of sockpuppets on Goodreads to flood 1-star reviews on books that were debuting st the same time as her, while also 5-staring and adding her book to a bunch of lists. The artists involved (all POC authors) eventually worked out who did it and tried settle things privately, but when that didn't work they released the receipts. Author tried to blame it on a friend of hers in the Reylo fandom(complete with fake Discord messages where she confronts her friend) but nobody took the bait and pointed out how fake the whole thing looked. Author eventually "apologizes", blaming everything on a medication change and alcohol consumption. Is promptly dropped by her agent and publisher and now her book, which was getting a lot of positive buzz, has been pulled from the release schedule completely

Edit to add: one author she harrased so much that the harassed author took her book completely off Goodreads

Happy Landfill has a new favorite as of 22:59 on Dec 14, 2023

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

A pickle jar might come in handy

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
lmao, that's one hell of a self-own.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Happy Landfill posted:

https://www.themarysue.com/cait-corrain-goodreads-controversy-explained/

https://www.themarysue.com/cait-corrain-apology-goodreads-controversy/

Been following this for the past few days but the TL;DR a debut SFF created a bunch of sockpuppets on Goodreads to flood 1-star reviews on books that were debuting st the same time as her, while also 5-staring and adding her book to a bunch of lists. The artists involved (all POC authors) eventually worked out who did it and tried settle things privately, but when that didn't work they released the receipts. Author tried to blame it on a friend of hers in the Reylo fandom(complete with fake Discord messages where she confronts her friend) but nobody took the bait and pointed out how fake the whole thing looked. Author eventually "apologizes", blaming everything on a medication change and alcohol consumption. Is promptly dropped by her agent and publisher and now her book, which was getting a lot of positive buzz, has been pulled from the release schedule completely

Edit to add: one author she harrased so much that the harassed author took her book completely off Goodreads

Karate Bastard posted:

Oh thank gently caress I have no idea what you are talking about

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
everyone should take their book off goodreads

Salami Surgeon
Jan 21, 2001

Don't close. Don't close.

Nap Ghost

CainFortea posted:

Yes but that's not perceived brightness. That's actual brightness

Yes but lighting requirements on cars are measured to actual brightness, so that's how the LEDs are driven in lamp assemblies

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Happy Landfill posted:

and now her book, which was getting a lot of positive buzz, has been pulled from the release schedule completely

I love it when people gently caress themselves over by cheating or trying to trip up others, and then it turns out they didn't even need to. Like they'd have been fine if they just kept their poo poo above board and focused on themselves. Maybe even have genuine interactions with their peers.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Wtf is SFF and what the gently caress is the reylo community

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Scratch Monkey posted:

Wtf is SFF and what the gently caress is the reylo community

SFF is Sci-Fi & Fantasy

Reylo is a Star Wars ship. As in the fanfiction thing, not a spaceship

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
what the gently caress is star wars?

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
What is this star everyone is feudin over?

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Kennel posted:

what the gently caress is star wars?

Its about family and thats what makes it so powerful

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

Its about family and thats what makes it so powerful

Kissing each other?

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Happy Landfill posted:

her book, which was getting a lot of positive buzz,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubIykx5l6xY

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Aw yeah, you just got GRINCH'D

https://i.imgur.com/OhlD3ih.mp4
https://www.ktvu.com/news/real-life-grinch-man-snatches-christmas-tree-from-cars-roof-in-san-mateo

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

The real crime is spending $250 on a tree.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Trees are free motherfucker.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Happy Landfill posted:

Author tried to blame it on a friend of hers in the Reylo fandom(complete with fake Discord messages where she confronts her friend) but nobody took the bait and pointed out how fake the whole thing looked.
Also, and I'm going from memory of when this was brought up in a different thread, said author was known for a reylo esports fanfiction based on discord chats or ... something. point being she was already known for faking discord chats for fiction. also esports somehow, i haven't looked into it past that summary.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

FreudianSlippers posted:

Trees are free motherfucker.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

When I read a description of this in another thread it included the exquisite phrase “reylo esports alternate universe” and I just wanted to let everyone enjoy that.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

FFT posted:

Also, and I'm going from memory of when this was brought up in a different thread, said author was known for a reylo esports fanfiction based on discord chats or ... something. point being she was already known for faking discord chats for fiction. also esports somehow, i haven't looked into it past that summary.

Yeah, that detail really is the crown that tops everything off

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Salami Surgeon posted:

Yes but lighting requirements on cars are measured to actual brightness, so that's how the LEDs are driven in lamp assemblies

Yes. I know.

The post I was asking about was someone claiming that it's perceived brightness not actual brightness.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Megillah Gorilla posted:

That my problem with super hot stuff - so often they taste like poo poo.

They're designed for macho idiots to show off to other macho idiots. Man, I just want some tasty hot poo poo.

https://www.amazon.com/Yucateco-XXXtra-Habanero-Sauce-Foods/dp/B00ICT42CI

not super spicy but its hot and tasty it is the upper limit of my spice limit so its not tapatio or something either

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
I feel like if I investigate further, I’m only going to be disappointed, so I instead cherish the powerful and evocative mystery of “reylo esports alternate universe”.

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

reylo esports alternate universe

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

CainFortea posted:

Yes. I know.

The post I was asking about was someone claiming that it's perceived brightness not actual brightness.
Ohhh, I get it now. It's like when everyone assumed I was a gifted child, but it turned out I was just surrounded by people dumber than me.

bad_fmr
Nov 28, 2007

Do I look like I know what a Ray Low is?

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

bad_fmr posted:

Do I look like I know what a Ray Low is?

??

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

Retarted Pimple has a new favorite as of 09:08 on Dec 15, 2023

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

+ =:love::love::love:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Subjunctive posted:

When I read a description of this in another thread it included the exquisite phrase “reylo esports alternate universe” and I just wanted to let everyone enjoy that.

Okay, I hate that I understand what this sentence means, is there a lot of fanfiction where Rey and Kylo Ren are both in a relationship and also play the Star Wars equivalent of Street Fighter or Call of Duty at a tournament level?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Ultimately the real horror is that anyone cares enough about the star wars sequels to write fanfic about them