Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

I just turned this game on. lol what kind of team allows 63 points?

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

waffle enthusiast posted:

Herbert just isn't clutch

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

waffle enthusiast posted:

It seems to be an AFC West thing

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Nervous posted:

It seems to be an AFC West thing

I sure hope Staley stays so we can really build this tradition

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

fartknocker posted:

here's the highlight of TNF

I’ve only half-heartedly watched this—has Staley been dragged and quartered off the field yet?

My cat herbie just squeaked at me so I think his head has been displayed upon the Thames?

e: I hope they break the dolphins record v broncos, we deserve it

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Raiders saved all their points from last week to spend this week, or something.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
Well that sure was a magnificent rear end beating that literally nobody could've possibly predicted

The NFL sure is random as gently caress sometimes

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Black Sunshine posted:

Well that sure was a magnificent rear end beating that literally nobody could've possibly predicted

The NFL sure is random as gently caress sometimes

TNF giveth, and TNF taketh away

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

There was, I want to say, like a five year stretch in the early thousands where a Chargers-Raiders game would involve at least one stabbing. Feelings were high back then.

Now I feel nothing at all.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Prime Avatar material.

E: lol the game clock

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing

A Festivus Miracle posted:

There was, I want to say, like a five year stretch in the early thousands where a Chargers-Raiders game would involve at least one stabbing. Feelings were high back then.

Now I feel nothing at all.

I felt a lot. Definitely the best Raider game since the 59-14 game against the Broncos.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

I don't know what the gently caress an Easton Stick is but yeah that was 4 quarters of professional football. :shobon:

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
The tank begins.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Congrats, Ross

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

How the hell do the Chargers dig out of this? It seems that Herbert is all the talent they've got. Does he just suffer thru mediocre rosters forever?

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Pershing posted:

How the hell do the Chargers dig out of this? It seems that Herbert is all the talent they've got. Does he just suffer thru mediocre rosters forever?

Probably yeah

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Pershing posted:

He's the new Matthew Stafford: A good-to-great QB doomed to struggle on bad-to-mediocre teams until he eventually gets traded and wins a Super Bowl with, say, the Titans.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Herbert is all the talent they've got? WTF

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

kiimo posted:

Herbert is all the talent they've got? WTF

They’ve got plenty of other talent, it’s just all basically old and their contracts are about to be hellish. Besides Herbert, it’s Slater, and maybe Derwin James moving forward really. Their rookie edge looks promising too and their eighth swing at a RB besides Ekeler has shown some flashes, but it’s pretty grim

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Mike Williams is really good, QJ could be too perhaps

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Palmer has really developed too

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

How old do you think these guys are? I feel like the second someone like Keenan Allen gets dinged up people are instantly already digging his grave. He's got years left in him, he has 1200 yards this season. Ekeler is the same way. There are a ton of young guys on this roster. Austin Ekeler is younger than Easton Stick.

The offense has four guys over 30. Allen, Nick Vannett, Alex Ericson and Corey Linsley

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/chargers-fire-coach-brandon-staley-and-gm-tom-telesco/ar-AA1lyZf6?OCID=ansmsnnews11

I was NOT expecting this to happen from That Fucker, Spanos. Whoo boy, congrats Chargers faithful, particularly on Telesco. That's the real win here, I think.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

They got turbo-embarrassed and gave up early to a backup QB Raiders team that lost 3-0 to a Vikings team with its own quarterback crisis. It was objectively an embarrassing display of low player morale and incompetence.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

You know, Staley going for it on 4th down at the end of the first half really is an all-time "What are you going to do fire me?" moment.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I still don't mind the 4th down stuff with Staley.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

kiimo posted:

How old do you think these guys are? I feel like the second someone like Keenan Allen gets dinged up people are instantly already digging his grave. He's got years left in him, he has 1200 yards this season. Ekeler is the same way. There are a ton of young guys on this roster. Austin Ekeler is younger than Easton Stick.

The offense has four guys over 30. Allen, Nick Vannett, Alex Ericson and Corey Linsley

It was a bit of chargers doomerism it’s true, and, ya Allen and Ekeler (and Williams) are all still very good, but they’re still all on the wrong side of their respective position’s age range. Keenan is 31, Williams 29, Ekeler 28–and they’re all expensive or will be even more expensive. Would anyone be surprised if Ekeler was elsewhere after the offseason ~drama~ and this season?

Agreed about staley and goin’ for it

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Pontius Pilate posted:

It was a bit of chargers doomerism it’s true, and, ya Allen and Ekeler (and Williams) are all still very good, but they’re still all on the wrong side of their respective position’s age range. Keenan is 31, Williams 29, Ekeler 28–and they’re all expensive or will be even more expensive. Would anyone be surprised if Ekeler was elsewhere after the offseason ~drama~ and this season?

Agreed about staley and goin’ for it

Ek is absolutely gone. I don't see any way he's back after this year.

Keenan has to be back. Mike and Mack and Joey, who loving knows.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
Ya I fully expect them to keep at least Keenan and maybe Mike, but they still Old by football wr standards

Who the gently caress knows on defense; will prolly be an interesting tell of the new gm/hc (or are they the same person??)

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!
Talking heads would have me believe Bill is begging Kraft to fire him now.

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer

a neat cape posted:

Ek is absolutely gone. I don't see any way he's back after this year.

Keenan has to be back. Mike and Mack and Joey, who loving knows.

Keenan Allen absolutely should be retiring a Charger. And I just realized Mike Williams is already 29. What the poo poo, I feel like they just drafted him.

Anyways, Mike, Mack and Bosa feel like they're all out the door and not because they're bad, Telesco just hosed the team's cap for too many good players and this somehow was the result. Between this poo poo and there being loving zero depth behind starters, this next year is gonna be a hard one to handle. But with a franchise QB and at least a few pieces, it's not totally hosed like the Lions were or the Saints constantly are.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

It's crazy how fast things change in the division. Just a year ago I thought the Broncos would be bottom barrel for eternity and a year before that I thought they'd be top tier. Now I'm comfortably in the middle but it's a wild ride.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

3 DONG HORSE posted:

It's crazy how fast things change in the division. Just a year ago I thought the Broncos would be bottom barrel for eternity and a year before that I thought they'd be top tier. Now I'm comfortably in the middle but it's a wild ride.

NFL is good like that, gotta give em that

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

3 DONG HORSE posted:

“Call a rebuild. But not for me.”

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

I look forward to restarting the Cycle to Full Chargering

New regime, new hope
Pre-season champion hype
Bosa is injured first day of camp
More injuries
Look, they won some early games off some really flukey poo poo. They're so good.
Even more injuries.
Lose to the Raiders.
Lose a lot.
Barely miss the playoffs.

Next year will be the year.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Cool

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify