Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004

Elias_Maluco posted:

Americans will understand. The rest of the world can get a calculator and convert to their woketric system, or their elephant system or whatever these people use, or they can go gently caress themselves

edit:

basically this

Not enough significant digits in that elephant conversion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan

Elias_Maluco posted:

Get use to it

it says right their that his an author dumb rear end

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

explosivo posted:

What is even his problem with this one, this just seems like a useful writing tip. I guess it's woke to have more people understand the point you're making.

It's people who default to thinking that any feedback they get, no matter how innocuously meant, is an attack, and immediately react in kind by violently attacking back. Like people who think an "entitlement" means something you don't deserve but act like you do, like all those idiots shrieking about "entitlement programs" like Social Security where they were like "EXCUSE ME??? I EARNED that money!!! You can't call me entitled!!!!"

MS Word says "hey you may want to think about an alternative phrasing for this, just FYI" and Elon goes "BILL GATES IS CALLING ME A BAD WRITER FOR NOT BEING WOKE ENOUGH"

Goons saying Tails Gets Trolled uses an "unreliable narrator" and Lazerbot got all pissed

Data Graham fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Dec 15, 2023

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

He is so loving mad that someone DARED correct him

It’s raining crylaughs

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Elias_Maluco posted:

Americans will understand. The rest of the world can get a calculator and convert to their woketric system, or their elephant system or whatever these people use, or they can go gently caress themselves

edit:

basically this

Except that all the maths and engineering was done in metric, and then converted to Imperial units beacsue that's what the astronauts were used to.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

The drugs have kicked in

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan

Scientastic posted:

Except that all the maths and engineering was done in metric, and then converted to Imperial units beacsue that's what the astronauts were used to.

So it was all done in commie and converted to American. How is Elon wrong?

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Musk starting early I see. Ahh it's Friday

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

What the gently caress is an “optimouse”

Other than something already very much copywritten by like three different companies already, including an automatic feeder/water system for lab mice and a mouse-location-onscreen tracker software

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8rwTfzfBo0

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
If anyone wanted to kill their dad and gently caress their mother

FurtherReading
Sep 4, 2007

rotinaj posted:

What the gently caress is an “optimouse”

Other than something already very much copywritten by like three different companies already, including an automatic feeder/water system for lab mice and a mouse-location-onscreen tracker software

I guess he hallucinated that he invented a new kind of mouse.

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
I just noticed one of the ads I commented "this ad was posted next to anti-Semitic content is this intentional" either got pulled or the company running the ad blocked me.

Win either way

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

He's literally just lying. Anyone with MS Word can easily verify this. I just did myself, I've never ever opened the "proofing" menu on my copy of Word and all the inclusiveness settings are off by default.

Rotten Red Rod fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Dec 15, 2023

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Rotten Red Rod posted:

He's literally just lying. Anyone with MS Word can literally verify this. I just did myself, I've never ever opened the "proofing" menu on my copy of Word and all the inclusiveness settings are off by default.

It was probably a corporate change made through his company group policy settings even before he took over and just noticed it now.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Burning_Monk posted:

It was probably a corporate change made through his company group policy settings even before he took over and just noticed it now.

That actually seems pretty plausible.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Burning_Monk posted:

I'm betting he saw someone post something about it, then turned it on to post those screenshots pictures to "prove" that Microsoft is woke

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Elon Musk (about twice the weight of an elephant)

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Rotten Red Rod posted:

He's literally just lying. Anyone with MS Word can easily verify this. I just did myself, I've never ever opened the "proofing" menu on my copy of Word and all the inclusiveness settings are off by default.

Or he's sitting at twitter and they have a GPO that turns this one and this entire time he hasn't had them disable it, or they don't know how. (You can't just delete the gpo, that'd only stop it from applying to new computers you have to change the value)

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

"Organic" gotta be doing some heavy* lifting here

* (about twice the weight of an elephant)

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

The woke mind virus has gone too far. Now it wants us to use metric!

The metric system was adopted in South Africa in 1970. They used Dutch Pound before that.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Brave to show your competitors line trending positive while yours drops

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

poisonpill posted:

"Organic" gotta be doing some heavy* lifting here

* (about twice the weight of an elephant)

No, I'm sure the numbers for twitter magically skyrocketed in March/April and stayed that way despite nothing new about the platform. Source: trust me bro.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Songbearer posted:

Brave to show your competitors line trending positive while yours drops

But the number's higher!

Trust us!

Totally didn't make up these numbers, I swear.

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
How dare community notes use information directly from the sources website lol

He's just so stupid

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
can only speak for myself but I'm super onboard with using elephants as a new standard of measurement. time to get rid of all those clunky numbers

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
Ahh the old Americans will use anything to measure except the metric system meme coming to reality lol

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Let's be real, it's only a matter of time until Elon gets rid of Community Notes.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

E the Shaggy posted:

Let's be real, it's only a matter of time until Elon gets rid of Community Notes.

It’ll take about twice the duration of his relationship with Talulah Riley

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008
I wonder what happened to that Mars probe where they used imperial units..... Oh

yook
Mar 11, 2001

YES, CLIFFORD THE BIG RED DOG IS ABSOLUTELY A KAIJU

Krispy Wafer posted:

Not only is Musk the CEO of 4 companies, but he also writes all the marketing material by himself for every product.

"Cybertruck, Tell it to Earth"
*spends 15 min writing ad copy*
*spends 10 hrs getting mad about writing suggestions on twitter*
*wipes brow* “being a CEO is hard work, good thing I love humanity enough to make the sacrifice”

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

kazil posted:

The drugs have kicked in

lol that musk thinks he would last if fallout or whatever came around. he would end up like that rick manager in the waifer factory in that rick and morty episode. thats a reference he would understand but knowing him, he probaly just watched 2 episodes.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

E the Shaggy posted:

He'll just make it really poo poo, like you have to be a premium++ subscriber and pay to write a note or something

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I have many questions

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

kazil posted:

He'll just make it really poo poo, like you have to be a premium++ subscriber and pay to write a note or something
I'm kinda surprised they didn't paywall it from the jump

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

kazil posted:

The drugs have kicked in

Does Elon know that students don't own the copywrite or sell merchandise for the University they attend?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

He doesn’t know much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

haha tits, boobs