Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
yeah, i found that out the hard way with something as innocuous as cat rescue videos. awful, awful poo poo that haunted my dreams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019
I absolutely should not read this thread before bed.

Marenghi posted:

algorithmic money

I swear between AI art and the algorithm we are just going to actually create BLIT/Snow Crash. Except instead of crashing your brain, it's going to intensely stimulate your nervous system. To an alien or other creature it looks like noise, but to the human visual system its going to appear as a very disturbing, very violent Paleolithic Venus statue/fertility goddess with absolutely jumbo anime tiddies.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020
The monkey torture thing was mainstream enough that r/monkeyhate made it to the top communities page on Reddit before it got nuked

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
haha what the gently caress

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

Psycho Society posted:

haha what the gently caress

The worst part is that it's mostly baby and juvenile monkeys that people like watching because the adults don't show fear during torture, whereas the babies do.

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
you're right! that is the worst part!

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Mola Yam posted:

a positive thing i learned is what good parents macaques are and how loving they are to their babies, because some of the videos dishonestly try to frame them as bad as an excuse for the human abuse. macaque parents really nurture their little ones and socialize them, it's heart warming

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

Mola Yam posted:

Personally I blame Trent Reznor and his music video for "Closer."

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

free emfive

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

mycomancy posted:

Wow some gnarly poo poo on this page

yah it goes pretty deep

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

A very smart little mouse!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020
You start by just being curious after watching bitter lake and end up using a spool of red string while watching somebody on YouTube called something like coldravens nest complete his 18 hour long deepest tier of the ultimate nsfl media iceberg.

It could happen to anyone

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

mycomancy posted:

Wow some gnarly poo poo on this page

did you watch the YouTube clip? if not, you owe it to yourself to do so. crack ping

multistability
Feb 15, 2014
☹️

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Entorwellian posted:

The worst part is that it's mostly baby and juvenile monkeys that people like watching because the adults don't show fear during torture, whereas the babies do.

I think I'm going to stop reading this thread for awhile

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

gradenko_2000 posted:

Anyone have any recommended reading on the history of the Rotary Club, and in particular its anticommunist origins?

It's a community organization for suburban small businessmen. I don't think you'll have to dig too deep, professor.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!
The local Rotary Club planted some "forests" in the 90s but these have since been developed over by the city. They can't be that powerful

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!

Spergin Morlock posted:

did you watch the YouTube clip? if not, you owe it to yourself to do so. crack ping

That's not a clip it's a 32 minute video! :mad:

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Critical support for Senator Marsha "Lifetime" B.
https://twitter.com/SenTedCruz/status/1735006348075536602?s=20
https://twitter.com/MarshaBlackburn/status/1735392320646775131?s=20
https://twitter.com/MarshaBlackburn/status/1735433706641223861?s=20
https://twitter.com/MarshaBlackburn/status/1735464950888345904?s=20

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
even a lifetime bitch is right twice a day. or something.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

even a lifetime bitch is right twice a day. or something.

It's possible that culture war inadvertently causes one side or the other to do the right thing occasionally, purely for aesthetics or to spite their enemies.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Frosted Flake posted:

It's possible that culture war inadvertently causes one side or the other to do the right thing occasionally, purely for aesthetics or to spite their enemies.

since the “sides” are really just the bourge and proles, the weird part is that blackburn and cruz have decided to ally themselves with their voters instead of their constituents. every conservative i know, all of them working class, wants to know the truth aboyt epstein’s network

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Entorwellian posted:

Years ago in the GBS forums, during when we had anonymous confessions, there were an overwhelming amount of people confessing that they absolutely hated rhesus macaques. They enjoyed seeing them suffer in stuff like the PETA lab videos and the like, and they couldn't explain why.

What sticks out for me here is that it's not just a few, or many, but an overwhelming amount of people. I feel like that can't be a coincidence, like there's something in their brains that is incited, I am thinking of like the "uncanny valley" where humans express revulsion at things similar to humans, but not the same.

I was going to say, isn't there like a group where these people could talk about their issues, but realized that's exactly what happened and they found the worst possible way to go about it

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

also lmao at bill clintons brain immediately jumping to a prostitution metaphor for describing how lovely of a nominee hillary was

don’t think about that too long

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

scary ghost dog posted:

since the “sides” are really just the bourge and proles, the weird part is that blackburn and cruz have decided to ally themselves with their voters instead of their constituents. every conservative i know, all of them working class, wants to know the truth aboyt epstein’s network

It’s more there are multiple bourg factions and doing something that makes one of those factions look bad only incidentally helps make all the bourge look bad.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Scarabrae posted:

also lmao at bill clintons brain immediately jumping to a prostitution metaphor for describing how lovely of a nominee hillary was

don’t think about that too long

what

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

the her campaign couldn’t sell pussy on a troop train or something

inchworm
Jun 23, 2023
is there a ranking of prezzes on least sex mad to most sex mad

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Seems like a bad thing to ponder. It seems like fun and games when you're talking about serial philanderer JFK or serial cock whipper outer LBJ but eventually you're gonna end up asking exactly how much Taft hosed or thinking about Richard "Dick" Nixon's o-face and that just seems unnecessary.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

my bony fealty posted:

Ive crack pinged myself into believing that Qanon is a psyop (definitely true) started and propagated by a cabal of military and DIA higher ups and their friends in private intelligence corps, who are all members of The Knights of Malta and possibly Opus Dei (questionable)

Leader of KoM just got fired by the Pope for firing a Knight who distributed condoms as charity

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

scary ghost dog posted:

some of our faves will be implicated

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Azathoth posted:

Richard "Dick" Nixon's o-face

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you

https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1735223385636941943

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016
Lmao for fucks sake Bill, reel it in a bit

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

"Listen, he was talking about selling pussy on a train, not a plane, alright? It doesn't prove anything."

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Look it might take a couple of extra hours, but catching the train to Little St James is much more comfortable than flying

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Strange On A Train

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Jeff Ep and Slick Willy building one of those mall train tracks around Little St James and wearing conductor hats

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

mycomancy posted:

Lmao for fucks sake Bill, reel it in a bit

most interesting thing he's done or said in decades

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

Dokapon Findom posted:

What sticks out for me here is that it's not just a few, or many, but an overwhelming amount of people.

Videodrome is real.