Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!
Tom Cruise is much more believable as a badass than the jamoke they run out there on Amazon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

indigi posted:

Tom Cruise is much more believable as a badass than the jamoke they run out there on Amazon

i saw decker before i saw reacher so its impossible for me to see the character as anything resembling a badass

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Al! posted:

iz the jack reacher tv show as funny as the jack reacher movie

It's fun and the dude is dreamy

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
I watched the trailer for Reacher and it looks ok, but what is the ratio between him doing funny dumb things like kicking a car so the air bag explodes in someone's face and the hoo-rah! military bullshit?

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

KirbyKhan posted:

It's fun and the dude is dreamy

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
I think the show is better than the movies. It's pretty fun. I haven't watched any Season 2 yet though.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

The lead is a meat mountain, he's great

And even though the first season is basically First Blood, it's a fun time

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

The first season kicked rear end. Expecting more from the second season of Meat Mountain McMindpunch

500 bad dogs
Nov 22, 2023

Clip-On Fedora posted:

The first season kicked rear end. Expecting more from the second season of Meat Mountain McMindpunch

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
Just got to season six of BCS.

An unhunged, injured Lalo is going to be a very interesting character. Why were those Coyotes white?

I'll be honest, Nacho's storyline did nothing for me. The morally Grey gangster character with family not in the game is a boring trope. Also, they should have made Nacho's dad angrier. I grew up Mexican American. He's too nice as a blue collar Hispanic father.

The phone call scene and the scene where Mike gets called out on his "honorable criminal" bullshit were good tho.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Started the first episode and Sherlock Slamchest is already delivering.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

watching the pilot, does the writing get better?

edit more like jack preacher, jesus

i say swears online has issued a correction as of 08:19 on Dec 16, 2023

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/ladbible/status/1735727934910935092

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
Good Omens officially renewed for season 3. i'm actually pretty shocked that that happened

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

frankie has been a weirdo evangelical super mega sX teetotaler guy for years now. that said, not sure i actually believe him

Cookie Cutter
Nov 29, 2020

Is there something else that's bothering you Mr. President?

Al! posted:

iz the jack reacher tv show as funny as the jack reacher movie

Yes. Towards the end of the first season the other characters even start to make little digs towards Jack for being so autistic all the time

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

doesn't he have massive brain damage

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
along with whatever trauma happened to the kid actors on malcolm in the middle

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Bootleg Trunks posted:

doesn't he have massive brain damage

Robo Reagan posted:

along with whatever trauma happened to the kid actors on malcolm in the middle
yeah probably

i wonder if it's still insanely hosed up to be a child actor. i guess the stranger thing kids havent become weird

Xaris has issued a correction as of 09:54 on Dec 16, 2023

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Xaris posted:

yeah probably

i wonder if it's still insanely hosed up to be a child actor. i guess the stranger thing kids havent become weird

Apparently when casting the Harry Potter movies they specifically filtered out stage parent types after the debacle Chris Columbus had with Home Alone.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
Exposing children to that environment will always be pretty hosed up. Children in general shouldn't be working before a certain age, and certainly not during school hours or at night.

On-set they literally get schooled twenty minutes at a time in between shot set-ups when the production is crunched for time. Overall they only have to net 3 hours a day of "school."

All of this is done by studio teachers that vary from "cared about teaching but burned out on actual school" to "I'm here for a paycheck and will fudge any number necessary to not get fired," and those teachers are selected based on who is available and how production-friendly they're perceived to be.

Zisky has issued a correction as of 10:58 on Dec 16, 2023

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Child acting fucks up kids. Makes them Uber weird.

Nathan's The Rehearsal goes into it, that was probably the most ethical child actor mill since nickalodian and it still hosed up a few of the kids.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/lib_crusher/status/1735854306350293357?t=YPDXkyLlk2nfXnGoOoKqdg&s=19

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

that's right

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Just finished Better Call Saul.

Man, Howard got done dirty.

All the Lalo stuff is funny in retrospect of BB because it makes Gus stronger and Walt look even luckier in pulling off that bombing. His "put me in a room for him" speech is hilarious in retrospect.

Finally, someone put Mike in his loving place with his criminal bullshit.

Of the new characters, I probably enjoyed Chuck and Howard the most. Lalo seemed too much like a self insert fan character and I don't know what to make of Kim. She is portrayed as sympathetic, due to her upbringing, getting hosed over by the firm and finding out that justice has a price, but half the scams on the show were her idea. The cigarette at the end being colored was a nice touch. They're not in love anymore, but they still enjoy each other's company.

Also, awesome final gently caress you to Walt with that speech at the end.

Okuteru has issued a correction as of 14:49 on Dec 16, 2023

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

i lost interest in better call saul after michael mckean was done, but yeah kim always seemed like she was from another show entirely

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

insane clown pussy posted:

i lost interest in better call saul after michael mckean was done, but yeah kim always seemed like she was from another show entirely

Yeah, after Chuck dies, the show kind of spins its wheels until Lalo shows up.

Also: lol at getting an obviously older Aaron Paul to act like he's still in his early 20s. Dude even sounds older.

Okuteru has issued a correction as of 15:48 on Dec 16, 2023

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

KirbyKhan posted:

Child acting fucks up kids. Makes them Uber weird.

Nathan's The Rehearsal goes into it, that was probably the most ethical child actor mill since nickalodian and it still hosed up a few of the kids.

Have you even heard of Dan Schneider

He almost definitely impregnated Jamie-Lynn Spears

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Have you even heard of Dan Schneider

He almost definitely impregnated Jamie-Lynn Spears

Yeah I know. Still more ethical than the Disney productions at the time.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

barf

https://twitter.com/RazorwireRyan/status/1735752770295128195

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Its like the movie was about a poo poo person accepting their shitness and mistakes and moving on

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
lmao jack reacher is thad from blue mountain state

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wtf

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you
Framing and focus were a limitation put on directors by the technology of the time. Now digital remastering always their movies to be shown as they originally wanted, with background and foreground in focus all the time.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

it's a movie that's probably the best example of the post-trump liberal derangement.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

R. Mute posted:

it's a movie that's probably the best example of the post-trump liberal derangement.

How so?

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
EEAAO and Hollywood "Asian representation" movies in general taught me the biggest struggle faced by the Asian American community is conservative parents.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

YaketySass posted:

EEAAO and Hollywood "Asian representation" movies in general taught me the biggest struggle faced by the Asian American community is conservative parents.

Our parents really are a drag though

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Xaris posted:

yeah probably

i think the girl is controversy adjecent and the gay boy kid was on tiktok a couple months ago with zionism is sexy stickers or something ridiculous while israel starting their new pogrom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

YaketySass posted:

Real Women Have Curves, Coco, Encanto and Hollywood "Latino representation" movies in general taught me the biggest struggle faced by the Latino community is generational abuse.