Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Jim and Herbie would be fun together if Spanos weren't so cheap.

And also if Spanks weren't so scared of being called on his poo poo by Jim.

(I dunno if "Spanks" was a typo or autocorrect but you better believe I'm keeping it.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

TheKingslayer posted:

Do you pronounce it giff or jiff?

Yes

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

hiff

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

Win one for the Giffer

quote:

Kellen Moore has lost the mandate of heaven:

Taking over would probably only further torpedo his chances.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

more

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1735753218750021633?s=46

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
MORE

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Alaois posted:

Giff Smiff

Mega64
May 23, 2008

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

SKULL.GIF posted:

Kellen Moore has lost the mandate of heaven:
Definitely the sign of a healthy organization when you've got to dig down to the Outside Linebackers Coach to find a guy able to lead the locker room.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

CapnAndy posted:

Definitely the sign of a healthy organization when you've got to dig down to the Outside Linebackers Coach to find a guy able to lead the locker room.

I mean at this point it's clearly apparent the Chargers organization is deeply unhealthy. Next GM is going to be tasked with overhauling all that poo poo.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
Kellen Moore wasn't gonna take the interim job with Easton loving Stick at qb, but Spanos probably wouldn't pay him enough to make it worthwhile anyway

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
I did not know Pat White worked for the Chargers, wild:

https://www.chargers.com/team/coaches-roster/pat-white

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

This is why things won't change

https://twitter.com/KaplanandCrew/status/1735712977716965879?t=bDWRxIiMH4PKAny4Ew8bOA&s=19

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

What do you mean? Based solely on that bio, he's just a hardworking guy who worked his way up the ladder.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Chargers need to tear it all down. Like they probably should consider trading Herbert as well. If I were a fan I wouldn't want that, but he's gonna have to go through a rebuilding phase.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
You can turn a football team around real quick like, but even if they have to spend 3-4 years rebuilding, Justin Herbert will be...28-29 years old when they're ready to contend again. I think they're fine keeping him

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Trading Herbert is 100% never happening. It's ridiculous to even suggest

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

a neat cape posted:

Trading Herbert is 100% never happening. It's ridiculous to even suggest

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Codependent Poster posted:

Chargers need to tear it all down. Like they probably should consider trading Herbert as well. If I were a fan I wouldn't want that, but he's gonna have to go through a rebuilding phase.

Oh no, the team might suck however will Justin Herbert deal with that huge change from his NFL experience up to now?

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Rapsheet: Chargers fired by LA

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I know telesco just got sacked but haven't the chargers drafted pretty well - I mean I know their first round pick sucks out loud this year but for the most part they seem to find young talent fair easily. My meaning by this isn't that Telesco should have been kept because his roster management was clearly bad but the bones of their scouting department is probably going to remain mostly in tact so - not really a huge concern if they can fix up the cap over the next two years.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

There's no way in hell you trade a franchise QB still willing to be there. Your fans need someone to root for, and it's significantly easier to rebuild your team around a franchise QB, as you have the most important position nailed down and have a better chance attracting potential free agents.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Docjowles posted:

Dan Marino's house?

Well I can't say but yes

The password is "Fresca on ice"

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Mega64 posted:

There's no way in hell you trade a franchise QB still willing to be there. Your fans need someone to root for, and it's significantly easier to rebuild your team around a franchise QB, as you have the most important position nailed down and have a better chance attracting potential free agents.

This x10 for the Chargers, too. As far as the LA market is concerned, they're already the second-fiddle team in a fourth-fiddle sport - an afterthought to an afterthought. Without Herbert, it could be years before they manage to fill the stadium again.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
lmao trade herbert

we will rebuild to find a new herbert, maybe

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

There's like 20 teams right now that are just loving the search for someone who can do a poor imitation of Herbie.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

My team traded away a franchise WR and the GM got canned for it.

Imagine doing that with a loving franchise QB. It's one thing if it's like the Lions, where Stafford has to escape Detroit to get a ring. The Chargers have been coasting on elite QBs for 20+ years, that's basically the only thing keeping them apart from the likes of the Falcons and Vikings.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

BlindSite posted:

I know telesco just got sacked but haven't the chargers drafted pretty well - I mean I know their first round pick sucks out loud this year but for the most part they seem to find young talent fair easily. My meaning by this isn't that Telesco should have been kept because his roster management was clearly bad but the bones of their scouting department is probably going to remain mostly in tact so - not really a huge concern if they can fix up the cap over the next two years.

He hasn't, really. He's mostly hit on 1st rounders, but I can count.... Two? Three? 3rd rounders and below who have ever made any kind of impact on the team. Keenan Allen and Josh Palmer.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Mega64 posted:

My team traded away a franchise WR and the GM got canned for it.

Imagine doing that with a loving franchise QB. It's one thing if it's like the Lions, where Stafford has to escape Detroit to get a ring. The Chargers have been coasting on elite QBs for 20+ years, that's basically the only thing keeping them apart from the likes of the Falcons and Vikings.

the Lions traded Stafford away when he was 33. That's a little different than trading him when he's *twenty five*

Mega64
May 23, 2008

The biggest hit I associate with Telesco is Derwin James, who just kinda fell to him and he was smart enough to go Best Available with that pick. Which, granted, is a step up from a lot of other GMs, but you need to be reliable with your picks, plus reliable in free agency, which the Chargers kinda fell on the last couple years.

e:

a neat cape posted:

the Lions traded Stafford away when he was 33. That's a little different than trading him when he's *twenty five*

This, too.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

a neat cape posted:

He hasn't, really. He's mostly hit on 1st rounders, but I can count.... Two? Three? 3rd rounders and below who have ever made any kind of impact on the team. Keenan Allen and Josh Palmer.

Yea, he’s hung onto his hits for years which led to them both being a bit of a stars and scrubs roster and people overrating him based on those stars. also old

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Mega64 posted:

The biggest hit I associate with Telesco is Derwin James, who just kinda fell to him and he was smart enough to go Best Available with that pick. Which, granted, is a step up from a lot of other GMs, but you need to be reliable with your picks, plus reliable in free agency, which the Chargers kinda fell on the last couple years.

e:

This, too.

I'd say his biggest hit was probably Keenan. Unless you want to count Ekeler as an UDFA, which he absolutely gets credit for.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

xbilkis posted:

You can turn a football team around real quick like, but even if they have to spend 3-4 years rebuilding, Justin Herbert will be...28-29 years old when they're ready to contend again. I think they're fine keeping him

Yeah, I think they're probably going to have to field a fatally flawed team in 2024, but I don't think they're really that hosed cap-wise.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I mean look at the Broncos, Texans, Rams and like the Colts. Not exactly like you need much beyond better coaching and a draft to unfuck a situation.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

chargers were already the worst team with a top 10 QB so how much worse can it get

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

a neat cape posted:

So he's a Marty Hurney

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

TheKingslayer posted:

Do you pronounce it giff or jiff?

lol

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Cutting Khalil Mack and Mike Williams alone will save around $43 million, and there's plenty of other smaller moves they can make to save more. Herbert's big contract doesn't even kick in until 2025. A smart front office should be able to do a quick turnaround, even if they have to eat poo poo in 2024.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Cutting Mack and Williams gets them down to zero cap space, instead of heavily in the negative, by getting rid of their best defensive player and only notable skill position player under 30.

It's not great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
If only Joey Bosa were alive