Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agrinja
Nov 30, 2013

Praise the Sun!

Total Clam

satanic splash-back posted:

There is no substitute for a big bong rip and if you grew up or are used to smoking, vaping will never hit the same and everyone telling you otherwise is lying to you and themselves.

Dynavap plus wand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Dynavap can definitely get you a bong rip 1-and-done kinda high but you need to be very good at timing the heating (you gotta heat it up beyond the clicks) and also have strong weed or hash.

I put 100% kief in mine and I can definitely inflict a critical hit that way.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

There is no substitute for a big bong rip and if you grew up or are used to smoking, vaping will never hit the same and everyone telling you otherwise is lying to you and themselves.

:same:

There is a certain bong-shaped part of my brain, and I can go years without activating it, but every now and again I simply need bong rips.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Laserface posted:

Dynavap can definitely get you a bong rip 1-and-done kinda high but you need to be very good at timing the heating (you gotta heat it up beyond the clicks) and also have strong weed or hash.

I put 100% kief in mine and I can definitely inflict a critical hit that way.

Using a wand - 5-8 seconds after the second click depending on ambient temp.

Using a triple jet lighter - 2-3 seconds after the click.

Individual results may vary depending on your cap.

Also: you can plug a dynavap into a bong if you absolutely need to fellate a bong shaped object.

Agrinja
Nov 30, 2013

Praise the Sun!

Total Clam
I have a little 10mm low profile adapter so my dynavap is my bowl and my wand is my lighter. Great rips out of a 14" bong.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

the Dynavap is close, like someone said 90-95% of the way there, but this is the truth

also change your name to satanic backsplash tiles

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

redshirt posted:

Can I get a survey of edible prices in your area? For 100MG.

Here in Maine I see prices from $20 to $35

Oklahoma is probably the cheapest prices in the country. They didn’t gatekeeper grower and dispensary licenses to only an extremely limited audience with millions in capital. As a result, all weed is super cheap in OK. You can get a 200mg bag of edibles for $10. You can get a 1000mg bag for $25.

Their recreational bill failed this year so it’s medical only but it’s cheaper than anywhere else by a wide margin. Like chocolate? $5 for 250mg.

Flower is pretty cheap too $15-$25 per 3.5g for high quality and $10/3.5g or less for cheap stuff.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Saltpowered posted:

Oklahoma is probably the cheapest prices in the country. They didn’t gatekeeper grower and dispensary licenses to only an extremely limited audience with millions in capital. As a result, all weed is super cheap in OK. You can get a 200mg bag of edibles for $10. You can get a 1000mg bag for $25.

Their recreational bill failed this year so it’s medical only but it’s cheaper than anywhere else by a wide margin. Like chocolate? $5 for 250mg.

Flower is pretty cheap too $15-$25 per 3.5g for high quality and $10/3.5g or less for cheap stuff.

ugh stop spreading lies. Michigan is still cheaper, I think Oregon is cheaper than MI, but we're #1 and #2. 200mg edible is $3 right now, they have deals for 1000mg for like $15 pre-tax too. Not sure how long its gonna last

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
however if those are regular OK prices, holy poo poo you guys did it right, that loving rules, congrats

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

dreams of interstate commerce :420:

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Ror posted:

dreams of interstate commerce :420:
Monkey paw shows you Marlboro Kush.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!
All you “it’s just like a bong or at least almost” folks with your gee-gaws and whiz-wallops and zip-zoppers can just stop

It ain’t a bong rip and that’s that, that’s all there is to it, end of discussion

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

bagmonkey posted:

however if those are regular OK prices, holy poo poo you guys did it right, that loving rules, congrats

prices are coming down in NM but I think it's always gonna be kinda pricey here, we used to have a finite amount of liquor licenses and they were basically like having a taxi medallion in NY.
All the liquor license holders also bought into grows, and part of the deal with rec was that now you can buy a liquor license yearly so they couldn't double-dip on their drug dealing monopolies.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Chief McHeath posted:

All you “it’s just like a bong or at least almost” folks with your gee-gaws and whiz-wallops and zip-zoppers can just stop

It ain’t a bong rip and that’s that, that’s all there is to it, end of discussion

Nah.

Agrinja
Nov 30, 2013

Praise the Sun!

Total Clam

Chief McHeath posted:

Wrong

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Chief McHeath posted:

Truth.

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
different experiences maaaaaan

I vape these days but p sure if I ripped a bowl of flower like the old days I'd be ripped as hell

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...7e39af98fe39a2&

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

:haibrower:

the God rip

Antioch
Apr 18, 2003

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS posted:

different experiences maaaaaan

I vape these days but p sure if I ripped a bowl of flower like the old days I'd be ripped as hell

I vape regularly also. The last time I took a proper bong rip I hosed up so bad in a wow raid I left my guild in shame.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Right but it's almost time for snow bongs. If you have never filled a bing with snow instead of water, we'll first snow grab some fresh.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Antioch posted:

I vape regularly also. The last time I took a proper bong rip I hosed up so bad in a wow raid I left my guild in shame.

Leeroy?

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

that's... intriguing.

that is a very interesting use of a quartz banger

Agrinja
Nov 30, 2013

Praise the Sun!

Total Clam
If you want sick bong rips out of a vape you need technique plus the right kind of gear. You're only going to do it if you can turn the whole bowl black in one go, but figure it out and it'll get you choking just fine. I have a regular bowl for this bong and compare both on the same glass.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
if you truly require absolutely disgusting rips, there's a double Dynavap tip adapter you can get

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

And if that isn't enough,

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

once youre at the "rigging three Dynavaps together" stage it's probably more potent and economical to go with a plug-in ball vape, the tcc vape thread is cockahoop about them and they seem frankly intimidating in their potency

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
no cannabis receptor left unplugged

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Discussion topic: Does weed go bad? How bad? You find an 1/8th in a Glad bag that's at least 4 years old....

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

redshirt posted:

Discussion topic: Does weed go bad? How bad? You find an 1/8th in a Glad bag that's at least 4 years old....

Smoke it and gather empirical data

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

MrQwerty posted:

Smoke it and gather empirical data

In progress......

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

You can also make it into suppositories to get really sensitive, granular potency data

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Chief McHeath posted:

true

i've tried all the vapes. they're just not the same

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

MrQwerty posted:

You can also make it into suppositories to get really sensitive, granular potency data

Let's not cross research streams here. One focus at a time...

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

redshirt posted:

Discounting obvious things like “it’s covered in mold”, not that I’ve seen. Depending on what you consider bad. From what I’ve seen it’ll most likely be drier, harsher, browner, and maybe less potent. The internet tells me THC degrades into CBN (I think) over time.

Last week I vaped a bud that was in a mason jar for 2.5 years. Seemed ok.

WithoutTheFezOn fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Dec 18, 2023

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

redshirt posted:

hello welcome to bagmonkey's autism info dump time

weed doesn't go back, however the THC-A (THC before you activate it) and maybe the CBD? will break down to CBN if it's exposed to oxygen. CBN is the cannabinoid that makes you sleepy, so sometimes old weed can have a really "stony" effect. If the weed has been sealed in an airtight jar, my experience is that degradation is minimal and the weed will probably be just as good as the last time you smoked it.

as for an 1/8th in a Glad bag? As long as I know it hasn't been in a super damp environment (WTFO's mold comment!) I would smoke the poo poo out of it no question

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
fun fact: if you find a strain that's too active/buzzy for you, just let the weed oxidize for a few weeks and it'll mellow out the effects a fair amount. I've gotten at least 2 strains recently like this, one wasn't cured great and the other I was just gonna give to my friend but said gently caress it why don't I just leave it out

Mudlark
Nov 10, 2009

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Discounting obvious things like “it’s covered in mold”, not that I’ve seen. Depending on what you consider bad. From what I’ve seen it’ll most likely be drier, harsher, browner, and maybe less potent. The internet tells me THC degrades into CBN (I yhink) over time.

Last week I vaped a bud that was in a mason jar for 2.5 years. Seemed ok.

Yeah, this. Weed doesn't really go bad unless there's moisture in it/around it, in my experience. But since most of it is dried to gently caress and back, that's not usually a concern. Any parasites/bugs/mold that may come on it in egg or spore form can be problematic, too, but the place would have to be real rinkadink to get that quality these days, it feels like. At least in a legal state with actual testing and dispensaries and stuff, anyway.

I've smoked 4 year old bag weed before, didn't really get me super high but it was still pretty good, considering the circumstances. The kief and shake was solid as gently caress though.

An ounce I picked up at a friends house a couple years ago has been treating other guests for a while now - stored in a jar in a cabinet - and that's going on almost 3 years at the end of the month here. I'd say it's probably fine if there's nothing otherwise fucky with it.

e:

bagmonkey posted:

hello welcome to bagmonkey's autism info dump time

weed doesn't go back, however the THC-A (THC before you activate it) and maybe the CBD? will break down to CBN if it's exposed to oxygen. CBN is the cannabinoid that makes you sleepy, so sometimes old weed can have a really "stony" effect. If the weed has been sealed in an airtight jar, my experience is that degradation is minimal and the weed will probably be just as good as the last time you smoked it.

[...]

Hey! I was wondering if there was something like that going on. Thanks, that's rad :science:

Mudlark fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Dec 18, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Wachter posted:

And if that isn't enough,