Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

I mean GOutis at the very least can do a one sided attack to buff the slowest member or give unconditional -2 to rolls, and she has Sunshower and Ebony Stem if you need her to clash. Like she ain't winning any medals but I wouldn't put her on the same tier as the other two.

Also I did a Charge run with Employee Card and Wrist Glove upgraded and I'm really doubting Sinking is better, permanent +4 charge every turn and several stacks of Damage Up means even UT3 WFaust and WHong feel like they do something.

okay Blind Obsession and the other charge IDs carry the team, but I saw them do damage. That's something.

I mean, in lenghty fight, Sinking can be used to lower Sanity which is useful to force the opponent to lose clash and in abnos battle, it can do chip damage (Or a bunch if you have Rime Shank). It usually isn't going to be a big source of damage like Charge Team do but they are quite versatile in a lot of situation. (Spicebush Yi Sang, Dieci Rodya and Sad Heathcliff are some of my favorite ID so I might be just biased)

By the way, are the EGO of Library of Ruina considered Effloresced like the EGO in Limbus?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

L.U.I.G.I posted:

I mean, in lenghty fight, Sinking can be used to lower Sanity which is useful to force the opponent to lose clash and in abnos battle, it can do chip damage (Or a bunch if you have Rime Shank). It usually isn't going to be a big source of damage like Charge Team do but they are quite versatile in a lot of situation. (Spicebush Yi Sang, Dieci Rodya and Sad Heathcliff are some of my favorite ID so I might be just biased)

By the way, are the EGO of Library of Ruina considered Effloresced like the EGO in Limbus?

No like, I understand Sinking is the Other Good Status Effect. And I for sure love Nun Rodnya. It's just Charge run was basically Win Rate and EGOs for the win and felt much smoother than Rupture or Poise.

And I'd say Xiao's probably the only "Effloresced" besides the Library if it counts? Since it's the only natural EGO to awaken during the game and the EGO Pages are basically like equipped EGO for the Sinners.

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010
yeah the biggest upside to sinking teams is that the 3 identities that matter, SpiceSang, RodyanCatholic and Wetish, are all individually very good at clashing and damage, and the only thing you have to commit to be a real sinking team is to throw a Rimeshank before Yiizy's S3. They're extremely low effort for a status team, and unlike other statuses they're very good at leaving a point or two of sinking laying around, so the related ego gifts are always going off.

The biggest downside is that BushYi has long rear end animations, so you'll spend a lot of time watching him wave his stupid fan around.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Onehandclapping posted:

yeah the biggest upside to sinking teams is that the 3 identities that matter, SpiceSang, RodyanCatholic and Wetish, are all individually very good at clashing and damage, and the only thing you have to commit to be a real sinking team is to throw a Rimeshank before Yiizy's S3. They're extremely low effort for a status team, and unlike other statuses they're very good at leaving a point or two of sinking laying around, so the related ego gifts are always going off.

The biggest downside is that BushYi has long rear end animations, so you'll spend a lot of time watching him wave his stupid fan around.

That's the penalty you get for having access to sinking deluge tbh

VinnyDonuts
Oct 4, 2013

:lobcorp:
Am I just unlucky, or is the mirror dungeon biased towards giving you gifts that aren't at all relevant to your team? I run a rupture team and I don't see a single Rupture EGO anywhere but the moment I do anything else I'm drowning in Thunderbranches, I run a bleed/poise team with the Pequod crew and the middle only for Wound Clerid, Rusted Cutting Knife, and Nebulizer to be completely MIA until my next run when I'm running a charge team and all of a sudden it's the charge relics that have taken a vacation. I roll Tremor and all of a sudden Nixie Divergence has been put in the goddamn concept incinerator.

Is anyone else having this issue? I legitimately feel like I had an easier time putting together synergistic builds in MD2H when the gifts were totally random. Now I can reroll the shop all I want and all I see are the same EGO over and over and none if it is at all relevant to what I want to be doing.

I also feel like selling/fusing EGO isn't at all worth it, because that means the items you used or sold will be in the pool of available items again. You can sell your useless Burning Intellect and then reroll the shop only for it to show back up, hogging a space that could've gone to something you might actually want! I sold a useless item early on in my last run (I think it was Crown of Roses) only for it to haunt me in every single shop and half of my loving EGO choices for the rest of the dungeon! Honestly, keeping useless EGO out of the pool seems like it's worth more than selling them. Unless Pmoon implements a system where if you sell an EGO gift it's taken out of the pool of available stuff, I won't ever sell anything again.

VinnyDonuts fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Dec 15, 2023

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me
The only reason I don't like MD3 is that you can't just claim all the reward in one run. You need to do 3 run and it is a bloody slug.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

VinnyDonuts posted:

Am I just unlucky, or is the mirror dungeon biased towards giving you gifts that aren't at all relevant to your team? I run a rupture team and I don't see a single Rupture EGO anywhere but the moment I do anything else I'm drowning in Thunderbranches, I run a bleed/poise team with the Pequod crew and the middle only for Wound Clerid, Rusted Cutting Knife, and Nebulizer to be completely MIA until my next run when I'm running a charge team and all of a sudden it's the charge relics that have taken a vacation. I roll Tremor and all of a sudden Nixie Divergence has been put in the goddamn concept incinerator.

Is anyone else having this issue? I legitimately feel like I had an easier time putting together synergistic builds in MD2H when the gifts were totally random. Now I can reroll the shop all I want and all I see are the same EGO over and over and none if it is at all relevant to what I want to be doing.

I also feel like selling/fusing EGO isn't at all worth it, because that means the items you used or sold will be in the pool of available items again. You can sell your useless Burning Intellect and then reroll the shop only for it to show back up, hogging a space that could've gone to something you might actually want! I sold a useless item early on in my last run (I think it was Crown of Roses) only for it to haunt me in every single shop and half of my loving EGO choices for the rest of the dungeon! Honestly, keeping useless EGO out of the pool seems like it's worth more than selling them. Unless Pmoon implements a system where if you sell an EGO gift it's taken out of the pool of available stuff, I won't ever sell anything again.

Nah, that's just probabilities. I had OK luck and had at least 3-4 relevant gifts each run in MD3. It's nothing unusual, all gifts in the dungeon are still random, so you can easily have runs where you simply get nothing relevant to your team and I trust everyone had at least several of those. In MD3 you at least have the relevant starting gift and rerolls in shops, which gives you better odds than MD2 ever had.

Also fusing EGOs doesn't actually work correctly, because you are supposed to be able to get ultimate EGO Gifts that way that were already datamined, but are not actually in the game yet so uh.... don't do that before next update? :v:

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
So, is it just me, or are we really missing an ID: one of the K-corp security personnel with a chicken on their head? Just imagine the story bit! Heathcliff could have it!

EDIT:

Also, Thunderbranch on a Rupture team breaks everything in half. The damage just keeps climbing up and as long as your skills increase rupture or the count, it never stops.

KobunFan fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Dec 16, 2023

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I would like to note that Blind Obsession Ishmael does support Raincliff via the passive, which hands him 5 Sinking, 1 Haste and 3 Offense Level Up every turn in exchange for him spending a few turns using Counters to lower his HP below the rest of the party. He'll then consistently lose more SP, have more clash power and be able to pick his clashes more easily.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
The impression I got with Raincliff was that he has higher coin values on tails than he does heads ala Nclair and his moves get better at low SP, but unlike Nclair doesn't actually have a way to quickly lower his SP.

If they just gave his moves minus SP on use he'd probably feel a lot better to use

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

TheNabster posted:

The impression I got with Raincliff was that he has higher coin values on tails than he does heads ala Nclair and his moves get better at low SP, but unlike Nclair doesn't actually have a way to quickly lower his SP.

If they just gave his moves minus SP on use he'd probably feel a lot better to use

The intent is for him to make and deal one sided attacks, with his self sinking providing the SP loss when he gets hit.

It doesn't work very well.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

IMO the main issue is that there's no real big payoff for jumping through all his hoops besides making him a basic functioning ID. All you get out of it is giving him a not awful S2.

Like I'll make fun of Sis Don's stupid convluted dumb idiot stupid lovely rear end counter S3 that sucks all day every day but at least when the planets align whatever she's hitting is going to explode

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Yinlock posted:

Like I'll make fun of Sis Don's stupid convluted dumb idiot stupid lovely rear end counter S3 that sucks all day every day but at least when the planets align whatever she's hitting is going to explode

:mods:

VinnyDonuts
Oct 4, 2013

:lobcorp:

Junpei posted:

I would like to note that Blind Obsession Ishmael does support Raincliff via the passive, which hands him 5 Sinking, 1 Haste and 3 Offense Level Up every turn in exchange for him spending a few turns using Counters to lower his HP below the rest of the party. He'll then consistently lose more SP, have more clash power and be able to pick his clashes more easily.

If an ID needs not just an EGO, but someone else's EGO to be worth using, then it's not a good ID.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Marluxia posted:

The bonker ego gifts have been datamined, and the worst part is they require you to have at least five identities that can do a particular status gimmick, so Sad Heathcliff is ALMOST mandatory if you want the good sinking one.

there are three very good sinking identities, Molar Ishmael, Spicebush Yi Sang, and Dieci Rodya. The rest, uh, exists. You have a choice between Sad Heathcliff, Mariachi Sinclair, and G Outis. :shepface:

I put all six of them on one team and it's got two giant weaknesses:

1. The starting Sinking EGO gift, Thorny Path, has a secondary clause based on Lust resonance, and there's only one ID in the game with both Sinking and a Lust skill: base Hong Lu. (Incidentally, base Gregor has Sinking on skills too). This also makes using Sadcliff problematic since 3 of his 4 EGO require Lust.

2. This team can only get Wrath from Sadcliff's counter skill, since there are no Sinking IDs with a Wrath attack skill.

But on the other hand, Sadcliff's support passive drags the affected ally's SP down, so it's useful for N Sinclair but actively detrimental to everyone else (as long as you're not winning evey clash you can). So you can't remove Sadcliff from the front lines optimally unless you also run N Sinclair, which means that you can't run Mariachi Sinclair. So I think my argument is that the ideal Sinking team, for now, is Spicebush, Molar Ish, Dieci Rodya, GOutis, base Hong Lu, and Nclair, with Sadcliff and as many other N Corpers (so, Faust, Don, and Salt) as you can fit in the backline.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

AweStriker posted:

2. This team can only get Wrath from Sadcliff's counter skill, since there are no Sinking IDs with a Wrath attack skill.

Reindeer Ishmael?

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
When is Yi Sang's Sunshower EGO going to become a Waw? I can't help but notice it hasn't happened yet, especially now that I finally earned Ishmael's Waw.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Lt. Lizard posted:

Reindeer Ishmael?

This comp assumes you’re using Molar, but it’s true Reindeer has some sinking. It might be a “to taste” thing but Reindeer Ish is probably better on a Charge team.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Solitair posted:

When is Yi Sang's Sunshower EGO going to become a Waw? I can't help but notice it hasn't happened yet, especially now that I finally earned Ishmael's Waw.
Next week.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Yo, upgrade your gifts, they can get fun at higher levels.

Bloody Gadget? The solid "One guy with Lust skills gets +30% damage every turn" gift that isn't amazing but is always a solid option if you have one orange-user? Upgrade it twice, and not only does the damage go up to +40%, but it picks two people to give it to.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

The Talisman upgraded to max gives +1 Count on Slash attacks, letting you actually build Rupture.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

That useless tier 1 burn gift, Ashes to Ashes, that only applies 2 burn to everyone IF everyone has burn? AKA it's not happening until you're down to two or one enemies, the battle is already over?

Upgraded twice, it's an unconditional 3 burn to everyone at combat start. Decent jumping-off point for a burn team!

AweStriker posted:

But on the other hand, Sadcliff's support passive drags the affected ally's SP down, so it's useful for N Sinclair but actively detrimental to everyone else (as long as you're not winning evey clash you can). So you can't remove Sadcliff from the front lines optimally unless you also run N Sinclair, which means that you can't run Mariachi Sinclair. So I think my argument is that the ideal Sinking team, for now, is Spicebush, Molar Ish, Dieci Rodya, GOutis, base Hong Lu, and Nclair, with Sadcliff and as many other N Corpers (so, Faust, Don, and Salt) as you can fit in the backline.

In that case, I'd just ditch Sadcliff and replace him with Hong Lu then. Unless you want to remove N Sinclair from a burn team, and considering there's only 5 identities in the game that applies burn....

Marluxia fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Dec 17, 2023

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

TheNabster posted:

IIRC, Raincliff loses SP when losing a clash, unlike every other ID. So he loses SP by eating poo poo, basically.

Marluxia posted:

That useless tier 1 burn gift, Ashes to Ashes, that only applies 2 burn to everyone IF everyone has burn? AKA it's not happening until you're down to two or one enemies, the battle is already over?

Yeah, the MD2 intention was that you'd combo it with Dust to Dust, which gave everyone burn at battle start. Now, we have this.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Honestly there's enough "this sin applies burn" gifts that I think you can just use Liu plus a smattering of unaligned identities. Partially because N Corp is a a potent 6 man team on its own merits and you can then pick whatever identities need their rest used up without worrying about putting them on the front line.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Marluxia posted:

That or you have Hellterfly's Dream which shits burn everywhere

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Dec 17, 2023

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Has anyone done the work of theory-crafting the perfect MD3 team rotation? I'm honestly a little underwhelmed by the EGO gift theming of the starlight buffs versus how impactful they were in MD2, but if there's a low effort rotation available might as well cut the starlight grind a fair chunk.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Tricky posted:

Has anyone done the work of theory-crafting the perfect MD3 team rotation? I'm honestly a little underwhelmed by the EGO gift theming of the starlight buffs versus how impactful they were in MD2, but if there's a low effort rotation available might as well cut the starlight grind a fair chunk.
My setups are, in order, Burn, Bleed/Poise, Tremor, Rupture, Sinking, Charge.

Burn: Liu Ish, Greg, Salt and Hongle, Nclair, L Faust and Chef Ryoshu
^ Weakest team

Bleed: Pequod Yi Sang and Heath, Middle Don and Salt, Pirate Gregor, Hook Hongle, Grippy Faust and Kurokumo Ryoshu and Rodya

Tremor: Regret Faust, R Heath, LCCB Ish, Molar Yi Sang and Outis, Rosespanner Rodya, Cinq Don.

Rupture: W Sang and Salt, 7 Heath Fasut and Outis, K Hongle, G Gregor
^ Real strong if you get Thunderbranch, struggles to apply rupture otherwise

Sinking: Spicebrush Yi Sang, Sunshower Heath, Molar Ish, Deici Rodya, Mariachi Sinclair, G Outis, Tingtang Hong Lu
^ Strongest team, EGO gifts enable big stacks that Yi Sang uses to instantly end fights with Deluge

Charge: W Faust Don Ryoshu and Hongle, R Salt and Ish
^ Most unga

Everyone else is just a rotation of unused IDs.

GilliamYaeger fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Dec 17, 2023

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Excellent, thanks -- I'll have to do some UTing on things I haven't used, but I have gobs of thread stored up haha.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Mili dropped Compass officially: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92E0X59wzeg

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

GilliamYaeger posted:

My setups are, in order, Burn, Bleed/Poise, Tremor, Rupture, Sinking, Charge.

Burn: Liu Ish, Greg, Salt and Hongle, Nclair, L Faust and Chef Ryoshu
^ Weakest team

Bleed: Pequod Yi Sang and Heath, Middle Don and Salt, Pirate Gregor, Hook Hongle, Grippy Faust and Kurokumo Ryoshu and Rodya

Tremor: Regret Faust, R Heath, LCCB Ish, Molar Yi Sang and Outis, Rosespanner Rodya, Cinq Don.

Rupture: W Sang and Salt, 7 Heath Fasut and Outis, K Hongle, G Gregor
^ Real strong if you get Thunderbranch, struggles to apply rupture otherwise

Sinking: Spicebrush Yi Sang, Sunshower Heath, Molar Ish, Deici Rodya, Mariachi Sinclair, G Outis, Tingtang Hong Lu
^ Strongest team, EGO gifts enable big stacks that Yi Sang uses to instantly end fights with Deluge

Charge: W Faust Don Ryoshu and Hongle, R Salt and Ish
^ Most unga

Everyone else is just a rotation of unused IDs.

Just tried out these teams, and I'd argue if you get Wound Cleric + a rest stop with Bleed team you just win, besides having some real strong IDs when every Bleed comes with a count suddenly you're dealing a lot more damage (and also half the bleed IDs work with Poise so it's one of the few status you can mix up the EGOs besides Rupture)

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Just tried out these teams, and I'd argue if you get Wound Cleric + a rest stop with Bleed team you just win, besides having some real strong IDs when every Bleed comes with a count suddenly you're dealing a lot more damage (and also half the bleed IDs work with Poise so it's one of the few status you can mix up the EGOs besides Rupture)
Actually in my experience, the win strat is restarting until you get the Poise inhaler EGO gift then upgrading that at a rest stop. Wound Clerid and the knife do make things go into maximum overdrive, though. Really, Heathcliff's ability to just slap on a fuckton of Count on crit with his S2 is invaluable and making that happen is super important.

GilliamYaeger fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Dec 18, 2023

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay.
-->Eh.
got my shitpost ready for the next Ruina update

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
Cinq stats.

https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1736665374203208088
https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1736665463495782544

MD3H update stuffs

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1973530/view/3863589647913396130

Patch notes

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1973530/view/3863589647913373162

GilliamYaeger fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Dec 18, 2023

RandomReader
Nov 17, 2021

Support Tank Outis is unexpected, and neato. Low coin counts, but she seems to gain a fair amount of poise, so hopefully that s3 crit is reliable. It's nice that while both of them want to be faster than the enemy, they don't need to be super fast period, like Don, hopefully their effects are easier to proc. Sinclair's Poise poo poo is so weird, but fragile is nice on a high speed unit. Mirror Dungeon hard is going to be a trip, and Secondary buffs and Starlight becoming a consumable resource explains why people who've maxed out the starter buffs have still been gaining Starlight. Looking forward to Wednesday.

e: Well, except for Floor 5. And pre-boss fight mob battles if they're with rear end in a top hat mobs.

RandomReader fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Dec 18, 2023

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Please, please, give Cinq Outis good numbers. I want my evade support tank Outis. :pray:

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

liking what I see.
Wouldn't want to field more than one Cinq, think they'd make nice placefillers on teams, but as support roles for their chosen fighter they look good.
(And can swap places as-needed if one gets too dinged up.)
Now, I'm awful curious about all those shiny new starter buffs the mirror dungeon will have to offer.
Teams stand to get pretty strong with all the tools we'll have, so I can only wonder what we'll be up against to warrant it.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
are the rested md bonuses... really all that useful?

i guess i should try yaeger's teams tho

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
Rest bonuses are up to +5 Starlight per person, so it's a total of 60 Starlight/run if you continue cycling through everyone when they're maxed.

It helps with getting through the upgrades faster, as well as with stockpiling for the one-time bonuses afterwards.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Outis: Relies entirely on building up for the S3 crit-bomb but unless the damage is something absurd like +100% it's not gonna be worth the inconsistency. Poise's problems made manifest. Amazing support passive though.

Sinclair: Cinq Don except good. uses poise as a pseudo-charge which is going to be very inconsistent considering he can randomly burn it while trying to build it up. His speed coin power boost is more applicable than Don's but they're definitely gonna inflate the numbers on it. Unfortunately has the usual "must crit on a specific hit of a specific attack" poo poo that will never work with any kind of consistency and burning his Count actually hinders his overall gameplan of "go fast". It's gonna depend entirely on what his numbers are.

Lt. Lizard posted:

Please, please, give Cinq Outis good numbers. I want my evade support tank Outis. :pray:

With a support passive that absurd she's gonna be a bench warrior.

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Dec 18, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

I wonder, are you guys gonna rotate the teams so you use a good one for Hard, or are you gonna just use your best IDs for hard and rotate for starlight on Normal? Based on doing 3 normals->1 hard for the starlight and the fact I can't really level all these identitites to 40 :v: