Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Entropic posted:

For some reason this time in the Harpy fight one of them dropped... a rare bone?

I'm annoyed that I can't try to feed it to Gale because I'm on a Durge run.

Yes, I found this as well and have been keeping it around just to see if anything comes up regarding it. Didn't see it on my first, near-launch playthrough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Geekboy posted:

You’ve got to resolve everything before you long rest or she just wakes back up.

I thought I was very clever and then had to reload before my rest and clear it all out again because she was at full health, in her underwear, with no weapon, surrounded by dead goblins, and fully hostile.

brilliant

Coming back to this. I came back to the goblin camp, and she’s awake and in her underwear, but not hostile. She’s considered dead for the purposes of the quest in the journal though.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Re: gith fight in act one. That fight almost rocked my poo poo at level 5 on honour. It’s the hardest fight in act one by far. The leader just deleted my +2 heavy armour paladin and used her bonus action to kill her on the ground just to be a dick. Then everyone almost killed laezel, who I have set up as a sword and board tank. Thank gently caress for gale just going “I’m a level 5 wizard you go boom now” until they all died.

Also I tried to call the ogres but they just don’t turn up. They’ve never turned up for me in this game.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Owned.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Honor Mode is really good at revealing the vast number of things in this game that can just loving kill you for no reason or otherwise put you into an unwinnable situation. You tend to forget how many potential bad scenarios there are because most are solved with an easy quickload. In my first game I almost wiped at level 4 when I talked to the crazy frog in the swamp. He proceeded to mind control my MC and detonate a smokepowder satchel, downing 3/4 of my party members before I managed to run away.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

The Lord Bude posted:

And this is why I have zero interest in honour mode. Playing a roguelike is one thing but this game isn’t set up for that. There are so many things with major long term implications that come down to a skill check.

At least you can continue the save (in Dishonour!) after dying.

I do really enjoy the "nope, you can't quickload" that forces me to go with the consequences and I am using it on my evil playthrough now.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Lmao that owns

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

This is NexusMods drama but basically you know you hosed up if someone makes a mod to fix what you did Uninstall Immersive AI. I'd imagine this is like finding yourself on the youtube homepage being covered by a downfall channel.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So with Shadowheart, why does Shar want her so badly? Want her parents? Give her a stigmata? I must of missed some dialog somewhere that explains it all.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

twistedmentat posted:

So with Shadowheart, why does Shar want her so badly? Want her parents? Give her a stigmata? I must of missed some dialog somewhere that explains it all.

The big thing is (Act 2 and forward spoilers) Shadowheart is actually a follower of Selune, as are her parents, and was kidnapped and indoctrinated. If Shar can convert a dyed-in-the-wool follower of Selune completely to Shar faith with her methods, that's a massive win over her lunar sister. Shadowheart is basically a big test on if Shar can directly 'steal' followers of her sister's faith or not.

AgentHaiTo
Feb 7, 2003

Well, isn't this a coincidence? So, um, how you doing? You're busy, I know and I don't want to distract you, please, don't let me interrupt you.
So I failed my HonorMode run in Act 2

I've played thru 4 runs now in Tactician, and each time I've never fought Gerringothe Thorm, as I just convinced herself to kill herself (first time without even knowing that was a thing with the Thorms), and I found her the "easiest" one in the past to convince. So I was bit cocky as my team just hit 6th level, and they've been doing really well, and I get to the Tollhouse and start looting, when for some reason, Shadowheart is chosen to interact with Gerringothe. She passes one Persuasion/Deception, but fails the next one. I try to Leave the conversation to change to my Paladin, who has a silver tongue and can convince anyone, and Thorm immediately attacks along with all the floating heads in a battle I've never even done in Tactician, and was hoping to just talk my way thru :(. She has a AOE blast that took down Shadowheart immediately, and there were so many adds. I was also changing in Gale to the team, since I had Laezel thru all of MountainPass, and thought I should give him a go, but unfortunately, he was not fully kitted out, and I was using him as a kind of buff bot and hadn't respeccced him yet for adventuring. Also, we had just fought the drider party so we were low in resources. My paladin was all smited out. Only one who did anything was Karlach, but even a raging throwing berserker cannot win by herself. And there ends my first HonorMode run :)

My fault, as I did Act 1 super carefully, and Long Rested a lot, and brought everyone at their A-game, but I guess I let my guard down too much...

Gonna restart with a Githyanki character now, since I've never tried that, and folks say it's kind of fun dialogue options.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

twistedmentat posted:

Shar really really hates Selune and Shadowheart and her parents were Selune worshipers. Shar is cruel and gets her jollies from wiping SH's memory and tricking SH into abandoning Selune and worshipping Shar instead. Shadowheart is just sort of a pawn in the eternal Shar-Selune beef. At least that's my understanding of it.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Black Noise posted:

This is NexusMods drama but basically you know you hosed up if someone makes a mod to fix what you did Uninstall Immersive AI. I'd imagine this is like finding yourself on the youtube homepage being covered by a downfall channel.

Alright, I'll bite, what's the story with this one? Scanning the comments it sounds like the Mod maker applied for a job at Larian, didn't get the job, and then started ranting up a storm, but I have no idea if there's anything more than that (or why there's a need for an 'uninstaller' mod)

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

twistedmentat posted:

She is an exceptionally petty goddess. SH wasn't anyone special other than her family being faithful selunites and her dad being a good aligned werewolf (possibly passing it along for her to carry to her potential children). They were just really the first family the sharran raiding party led by viconia was able to capture alive. This is all so Shar could show to her sister that she could turn even her devoted pure hearted followers evil.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Monathin posted:

The big thing is (Act 2 and forward spoilers) Shadowheart is actually a follower of Selune, as are her parents, and was kidnapped and indoctrinated. If Shar can convert a dyed-in-the-wool follower of Selune completely to Shar faith with her methods, that's a massive win over her lunar sister. Shadowheart is basically a big test on if Shar can directly 'steal' followers of her sister's faith or not.

Pellisworth posted:

Shar really really hates Selune and Shadowheart and her parents were Selune worshipers. Shar is cruel and gets her jollies from wiping SH's memory and tricking SH into abandoning Selune and worshipping Shar instead. Shadowheart is just sort of a pawn in the eternal Shar-Selune beef. At least that's my understanding of it.

Ah, okay, I knew that that Shadowheart/Jennevelle and her parents were Seluneites but I thought maybe there was something special about her that made Shar target her, like she was destined to become a new nightsong or something. Nope, just that Shar is a giant British word.

Is there any way to restore her memories? I fiddled with that mirror for a while and only lost stats.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Monathin posted:

Alright, I'll bite, what's the story with this one? Scanning the comments it sounds like the Mod maker applied for a job at Larian, didn't get the job, and then started ranting up a storm, but I have no idea if there's anything more than that (or why there's a need for an 'uninstaller' mod)

I have no idea! I started looking into AI mods when we just rolled over Ketheric. Lethal AI and Immersive AI seemed to have versions that worked with each other so I figured lets try them both. During the Act 3 camp event I was getting wrecked by monks while invisible and at the time the culprit seemed to be Immersive AI so I pulled it but I kept track of their change log since I liked their ideas. So they released Immersive AI 2 which is a big 74mb file that adds a dodge action and changes AI priorities for everything, I never installed it though because I saw tons of people complaining about bugs so I figured I'd wait.

Random video I saw about the mod
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWLTkteLZvM

Current Mod Page

Archived Description

Archived Comments

There is a google doc in there somewhere that documents the changes and quite a few of them are comments bashing Larian so there is a feeling of he doth protest too much. I might be using that wrong don't @ me.
The Google Doc changelog

Black Noise fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Dec 16, 2023

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

Well lol Shadowheart is fukken DEAD in this run because I spent all my inspiration points trying to tell the duergar historian in Grymforge that "a monster was here" and got that camp scene immediately after. Honor Mode is so real for that, honestly. I'm curious what Act 2 is going to be like now when all my characters are staring at stuff in the Sharran Temple like "yup, that sure is a thing."

What exactly happens here? Does the friendly dwarf archaeologist stab her in her sleep or something for spoonfeeding him bullshit?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

What I mean is, I failed the DC check to persuade Shadowheart out of killing Lae’zel because I wasted all my inspiration on the triple history check in Grymforge and long resting immediately afterwards. Shadowheart had all my scrolls but Lae’zel is my main bitch so the istik tasted steel.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

AgentHaiTo posted:

So I failed my HonorMode run in Act 2

I've played thru 4 runs now in Tactician, and each time I've never fought Gerringothe Thorm, as I just convinced herself to kill herself (first time without even knowing that was a thing with the Thorms), and I found her the "easiest" one in the past to convince. So I was bit cocky as my team just hit 6th level, and they've been doing really well, and I get to the Tollhouse and start looting, when for some reason, Shadowheart is chosen to interact with Gerringothe. She passes one Persuasion/Deception, but fails the next one. I try to Leave the conversation to change to my Paladin, who has a silver tongue and can convince anyone, and Thorm immediately attacks along with all the floating heads in a battle I've never even done in Tactician, and was hoping to just talk my way thru :(. She has a AOE blast that took down Shadowheart immediately, and there were so many adds. I was also changing in Gale to the team, since I had Laezel thru all of MountainPass, and thought I should give him a go, but unfortunately, he was not fully kitted out, and I was using him as a kind of buff bot and hadn't respeccced him yet for adventuring. Also, we had just fought the drider party so we were low in resources. My paladin was all smited out. Only one who did anything was Karlach, but even a raging throwing berserker cannot win by herself. And there ends my first HonorMode run :)

My fault, as I did Act 1 super carefully, and Long Rested a lot, and brought everyone at their A-game, but I guess I let my guard down too much...

Gonna restart with a Githyanki character now, since I've never tried that, and folks say it's kind of fun dialogue options.

lol, tell me you at least left all your gold behind in the camp chest before you went in

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Whelp my run was a complete mess by the end but Honour Mode, done and dusted.

That final fight has some nasty additions.

AgentHaiTo
Feb 7, 2003

Well, isn't this a coincidence? So, um, how you doing? You're busy, I know and I don't want to distract you, please, don't let me interrupt you.

The Lord Bude posted:

lol, tell me you at least left all your gold behind in the camp chest before you went in

Nope, and Shadowheart is my primary carrier of gold :( because my paladin is a dex/cha paladin, so SH took the brunt of the damage when she went down, which was the worst cause she had all the Radiant stuff that can take down all those adds, like Blood of Lathander. I was just thinking I was gonna talk my way thru like usual :(

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

exquisite tea posted:

What I mean is, I failed the DC check to persuade Shadowheart out of killing Lae’zel because I wasted all my inspiration on the triple history check in Grymforge and long resting immediately afterwards. Shadowheart had all my scrolls but Lae’zel is my main bitch so the istik tasted steel.
Lend a hand, don't take one.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

EorayMel posted:

Lend a hand, don't take one.

I honestly wish she started with that dagger and that it was a caster weapon instead of a stupid mace. If you are gonna go for a ~I'm not like the other clerics~ vibe do it right!
Also give her back the urchin background!

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Just sassed the Githyanki queen into Wishing me dead, A+ GOTY no notes.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

The coveted Wish % speedrun.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

As a Sharran, screams of despair are likely in her top 10 jams, to he fair

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Doing my Honour mode run with a little twist, I'm role playing that every party member is super devout to their god/masters.

So that means Dark Justiciar Shadowheart, pro-Vlaakith Lae'zel, Mystra simp Gale, and Mizora obedient Wyll (sorry Karlach)

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Doing my Honour mode run with a little twist, I'm role playing that every party member is super devout to their god/masters.

So that means Dark Justiciar Shadowheart, pro-Vlaakith Lae'zel, Mystra simp Gale, and Mizora obedient Wyll (sorry Karlach)

No real way to play Karlach as an agent of Zariel so it's for the best

And by best I mean most of those are the worst things those people could do except maybe gale

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

You would have to roleplay as a Karlach origin and choose to ally with Gortash, which you still can do for some reason.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
I'm ok with not being able to recruit Karl this run cos I did kinda sorta prompt a tiefling genocide, but it's a bit of a drag I couldn't correct her when she accused me of doing it myself. Honey you would've wanted to kill Kagha too.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Is Mystra simp gale really the default? he seems to be all in on the "I did nothing wrong" path

Refried Noodle
Feb 23, 2012

Doing my first honour run, and failed to save Isobel, dooming the guy who was supposed to save my main girl Karlach at the Inn in Act 2. Normally I would quickload, but now I'm so much more invested in getting payback.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Refried Noodle posted:

Doing my first honour run, and failed to save Isobel, dooming the guy who was supposed to save my main girl Karlach at the Inn in Act 2. Normally I would quickload, but now I'm so much more invested in getting payback.

this is why it's good not to quickload. once I finish once more run where I have specific goals in mind, I'll probably switch to single save for everything after that.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Azhais posted:

Is Mystra simp gale really the default? he seems to be all in on the "I did nothing wrong" path

They didn't say they're doing a "default" run, they said "obedient to their gods/masters"

FungiCap
Jul 23, 2007

Let's all just calm down and put on our thinking caps.
Act 2 honor mode spoiler like a lot of people Isobel died on my run. I was fully prepared to heal her because I heard of this happening to others. My gloomstalker had initiative to go first and put down a haste spore grenade. too bad there was enough room to reach isobel on the edge of the cloud and she went down before anyone else even got a turn. whoops. guess it's time to just start murdering everything in act2. I will miss the +2 str potion though.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

What I'm getting from a lot of these Act 2 HM stories is to make everyone drink an Elixir of Vigilance immediately before speaking to Isobel.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

exquisite tea posted:

What I'm getting from a lot of these Act 2 HM stories is to make everyone drink an Elixir of Vigilance immediately before speaking to Isobel.

She almost died in mine. Got down to 1 hp but then Shadowheart finally got to go and I healed her/cast sanctuary on her. Imo having Shadowheart (or any Cleric) handy to cast Sanctuary on her can be pretty nice. Although you can't be 100% certain that Isobel won't be a moron and break it herself, but in my game at least she spent her turn healing herself after I got it on her.

Oh and then Alfira almost died too and I was about to despair because I really want that robe. But she made it.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Hey, I remember reading somewhere that you can get a very strong bonus in act 3 if you let Ethel take your eye in act 1. The bg3.wiki doesn't have that and Google in 2023 is completely useless, can anyone here spoil me on the specifics?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007
Wouldn't it be easier to get the Lyre off Minthara in act 1 and summon/gank the spider? You have free range over the deep shadows and I can clear all the quests I feel like doing (Free the tieflings, Curse, whatever) before I'd even think of opening Isobel's door.

One game I think I never talked to her and triggered the showdown at Moonrise with the harpers behind me as I rushed everything. I mean, all the surviving people in Moonrise since I had an early morning murder spree.