Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Agh, I thought it might've been tumblr. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
Are tweets not embedding for anyone else? Thread was working fine last night and now it's just links.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

SubponticatePoster posted:

Are tweets not embedding for anyone else? Thread was working fine last night and now it's just links.

Is it finally here? Are we free?

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

projecthalaxy posted:

Is it finally here? Are we free?
Sadly no, I can still click on the links.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

SubponticatePoster posted:

Same here

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
twitter changed crap overnight

anyways, have an insane commercial

https://twitter.com/baraGodzilla/status/1258682943716782080/

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

`Nemesis posted:

loving lol

Bodnoirbabe
Apr 30, 2007

`Nemesis posted:

Honest lol when she opened the present. The sweet loving audacity of the commercial

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Bodnoirbabe posted:

Honest lol when she opened the present. The sweet loving audacity of the commercial

Seriously, such a pro click. If this isn't satire then we are all well and truly beyond the pale.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

`Nemesis posted:

I cannot believe this happened

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

I have a copy of Ms Monopoly (beside my copies of Monopoly for Millenials and The Game of Life: Quarter Life Crisis edition, both also real board games) and it's truly insane. Female players earn more when they pass go as some kind of in game affirmative action

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Killingyouguy! posted:

Female players
Like a stiletto shoe?

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Like a stiletto shoe?

Or a thimble

Or a clothes iron

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

https://nitter.net/an1310/status/1734356765611897002

Lol owned

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

The insane Monopoly ad makes perfect sense because Monopoly itself doesn't understand the point of its existence: to be a horrible, lovely game about how much capitalism sucks. Which was also invented by a woman, who was of course ripped off.

So, really, it's 100% on brand

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Hyperlynx posted:

The insane Monopoly ad makes perfect sense because Monopoly itself doesn't understand the point of its existence: to be a horrible, lovely game about how much capitalism sucks. Which was also invented by a woman, who was of course ripped off.

So, really, it's 100% on brand

Apparently the Twitter post is edited to make the ad seem weirder according to my wife. The original is weird but not as bad

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

wow I was looking for a website like this since I nuked my account

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

Frank Frank posted:

Apparently the Twitter post is edited to make the ad seem weirder according to my wife. The original is weird but not as bad

How was the original less bad?

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Frank Frank posted:

Wrong, that's the original ad, there's just more afterwards (Hasbro gave them 20k)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtug5an4L8E

Piell has a new favorite as of 00:33 on Dec 17, 2023

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Is that site supposed to load images?

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Subjunctive posted:

Yes and it will if you refresh it a bit. It's a very hacky work around to get things going and like all hacky work arounds there is jank to deal with. Still less jank than actually twitter these days but you need to accept a certain amount as part of the cost of doing business with less Musk in your life.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Subjunctive posted:

It worked after I refreshed a few times. Not worth it imo, unless there's something to the joke beyond "piano notes can't increase in volume like bowed instruments/woodwinds/reeds lol".

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Modal Auxiliary posted:

It worked after I refreshed a few times. Not worth it imo, unless there's something to the joke beyond "piano notes can't increase in volume like bowed instruments/woodwinds/reeds lol".

Isn’t that the whole point of the pianoforte? Sounds like a skill issue.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
Ppp
Pp
P
Mp
Mf
F
Ff
Fff

gently caress what instrument is this sheet music for anyway

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
It's a single whole note that is meant to increase in volume. Pianos can't do that because once a note is played it has to be replayed to change the velocity the hammer hits. That's the whole joke.

The second part is "guitarists can't read sheet music".

Neither one is very funny or original tbh, it's more so people can point at it and go "I get that!" hth

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Ohmy bad I thought we were talking about monopoly with the piano stuff and forgot the sheet music, I mustve set my forums to 5 posts a page

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Grassy Knowles posted:

Ohmy bad I thought we were talking about monopoly with the piano stuff and forgot the sheet music, I mustve set my forums to 5 posts a page

You could switch to 20 posts or something. Or- if you really want to put your forums experience into overdrive- you could get a weirdly compelling av of some description.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Subjunctive posted:

Isn’t that the whole point of the pianoforte? Sounds like a skill issue.

Not even made of cedar

smh

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008

Tree Bucket posted:

You could switch to 20 posts or something. Or- if you really want to put your forums experience into overdrive- you could get a weirdly compelling av of some description.

not worth it, hth

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

You just need a piano and a time machine.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
The guitarists part made me laugh out loud.

But I'm a DJ, so take that as you will.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Mister Speaker posted:

The guitarists part made me laugh out loud.

But I'm a DJ, so take that as you will.

I'd ask if you can play it too but I don't feel like waiting twenty minutes while you check your cables

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

The galaxy brains at hasbro release Ms. Monopoly, and also fire 1100 workers 2 weeks before christmas. Amazing things are happening at Hasbro.

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer
The monopoly tweet is from May 2020

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Hollandia posted:

The monopoly tweet is from May 2020

I'm sure they probably fired that many people in the lead up to xmas in july in 2020 so the post still holds mostly true.

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer
Oh that part I don't doubt

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

They had notable layoffs in 2018 after Toys Я Us dissolved but I'm not finding anything notable in 2020

They definitely did, of course, it's just all I can find is "but what about their stock price!?" reactions to toy factory shutdowns in July 2020

stringless has a new favorite as of 06:11 on Dec 17, 2023

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

syntaxfunction posted:

Neither one is very funny or original tbh

The images didn’t load so I didn’t know it was about me! :xd:

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

I thought it was funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
i thought it was gonna be a small pp joke

my monitor is off