Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chillmatic
Jul 25, 2003

always seeking to survive and flourish

John Wick of Dogs posted:

The should do an episode where Niles keeps yelling at Maris off screen and days she won't come out of her room and finally Frasier goes in there to try to talk to her and its an urn

actually lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
She was standing behind the urn the whole time, it just obscured her

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Frasier thinking she was an urn and trying to dance around grieving with Niles while she was in fact just standing behind it sounds delightful actually. Classic sitcom madness

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Seems I've made a grave error.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

i just wish he was having a holding guns on people in public style phase like his mother went through around his age

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

The should do an episode where Niles keeps yelling at Maris off screen and days she won't come out of her room and finally Frasier goes in there to try to talk to her and its an urn

Grassy Knowles posted:

She was standing behind the urn the whole time, it just obscured her

gently caress

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The General posted:

Found Niles. He traveled back in time and married Julia Child. He also brought Lilith with him.

Julia is actually really drat good. I hope the second season is the same.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I am plowing through them. It's great.

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Finally got around to watching this show. let me know all the hottest frasier tips and tricks for newbies tia

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Jabberlock posted:

Finally got around to watching this show. let me know all the hottest frasier tips and tricks for newbies tia

skip the lore episodes and stick to the dgotw (dinner guest of the week)

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Jabberlock posted:

Pretty early on you'll be forced to join one of two factions: dudes who prefer Roz or dudes who prefer Daphne. Then you spend the remainder of your life fighting in the Frasier equivalent of the Blood War

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

FeculentWizardTits posted:

Pretty early on you'll be forced to join one of two factions: dudes who prefer Roz or dudes who prefer Daphne. Then you spend the remainder of your life fighting in the Frasier equivalent of the Blood War

a generation by shellshocked ethel vs lucy

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

if you're a lady, join us in the lilith army

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Consider carefully whether or not you'll actually like wine after watching and going out to buy some.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I'm still pretty sure Maris is literally a Gray in a wig.

The Saucer Hovers posted:

i just wish he was having a holding guns on people in public style phase like his mother went through around his age

PSA with Optimus Prime.

SettingSun posted:

Consider carefully whether or not you'll actually like wine after watching and going out to buy some.

The fairly cheap stuff is often still pretty good, even nowadays.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

My vision of Maris is that tiny wiry dinner guest in Beetlejuice.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

You wanna see Maris? Moneyplane

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Maris is one of Roger's personas

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I dont think I could ever consume enough Frasier to want to also consume wine.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I got an idea for Freddy and why he is very insistent he could never be with Eve. When her husband died, Freddy was supposed to be on shift but took the day off and Eves husband was covering for him, and she doesn't know it. Cause he has some very intense survivors guilt.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Grassy Knowles posted:

if you're a lady, join us in the lilith army
Been there since about 1992.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Kelsey Grammer is not a once in a generation talent. He is a once in two generation talent.

You can not just jettison every single character from a show he's on and put him into a new show with new characters and have it be good... You can do it twice.

Alan Cornwall rules, and surprisingly by the end of the season David also rules. And Freddy... Seems like a pretty cool guy. But Freddy's friends from the fire station... They rule.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Kelsey Grammer is not a once in a generation talent. He is a once in two generation talent.

You can not just jettison every single character from a show he's on and put him into a new show with new characters and have it be good... You can do it twice.

Alan Cornwall rules, and surprisingly by the end of the season David also rules. And Freddy... Seems like a pretty cool guy. But Freddy's friends from the fire station... They rule.

Gonna make the argument that it’s three generations. He started on cheers in 1984.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

MarcusSA posted:

Gonna make the argument that it’s three generations. He started on cheers in 1984.

frasier was the worst part of cheers

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Grassy Knowles posted:

His show wouldn’t exist without it though :shrug:

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

MarcusSA posted:

His show wouldn’t exist without it though :shrug:

I’m also still mad we didn’t get Cliff* but here we are.

*i would’ve called it Clavin

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

"That's So Clavin"

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Grassy Knowles posted:

There was no "worst part" of Cheers, it was a strong ensemble all around

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Brawnfire posted:

"That's So Clavin"

Cliff making the flashforward vision face

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Brawnfire posted:

"That's So Clavin"

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

DaveWoo posted:

There was no "worst part" of Cheers, it was a strong ensemble all around

I disagree and think Frasier’s writing was quite boring until Diane left. This says nothing about the performance, which has always been well done.

I would also accept arguments that a lot of Carla time was wasted on Nick episodes, but Carla owns.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I turned the corner on Freddy when he got drunk and was suddenly wicked smaht.

It's a really broad and obvious gag, but it worked on me. Largely because it fit his character so well. He just doesn't want to be like his dad.

Edit: I'm surprised they never even tried to explain why he's not hanging out at Cheers. Like, if he wasn't spending all his free time at a bar, I'd just assume he doesn't do that anymore, but come on, man. Everybody already knows your name there.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I wonder if cheers is even open

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Everybody knowing your name somewhere loses it's luster when you're Dr. Frasier Crane and everybody knows your name no matter where you go.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Gotta save Cheers for the final season as a backdoor pilot.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

The General posted:

Gotta save Cheers for the final season as a backdoor pilot.
This probably *was* the final season.

Have we heard anything about them doing more? 'Cause Paramount Plus might just fuckin' die anyway.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
I just remembered the Niles pot brownie episode is ALSO a Christmas episode AND features goth Freddy.

It's basically the best episode?

The General
Mar 4, 2007

LividLiquid posted:

This probably *was* the final season.

Have we heard anything about them doing more? 'Cause Paramount Plus might just fuckin' die anyway.

They'll never achieve my dream of a Star Trek episode every week all year round. :negative:

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

The General posted:

They'll never achieve my dream of a Star Trek episode every week all year round. :negative:

as someone who likes some treks, that's a cursed as hell monkeys paw you got there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Like getting a new Star Wars movie every year!