Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

gradenko_2000 posted:

So why is it that Biden is engaging in these wars when Trump didn't? I assume that the military men are still telling him the same thing, but that Joe is that much more enmeshed in both the belief in American military might and in the institutional momentum to go along with it?

Joe lives in 1970-something, would be my guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Biden is just an old school white supremacist who grew up in an era of American dominance and cannot allow for it to crumble into dust, imagining any non white nation can actually stand up to the west is unthinkable (his pudding brain doesn't remember Vietnam)

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Israeli news reporting that 82% of ALL INTERNET POSTING is anti-Israel

===========
https://www.aljazeera.net/news/live...?update=6118751

Israeli Channel 12: 83% of Internet posts related to the war are against Israel

Israeli Channel 12:

The majority of social media posts and articles in major international media are against Israel.
83% of Internet posts related to the war are against Israel and only 9% are in favor of it.
For every positive report about Israel on major news sites, there are 3 negative reports about it.
Of 372,000 articles about the war, 64% are neutral, 28% are against Israel, and 8% are in favor of it.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Another Shipping Company announces a halt to all shipping to israel until further notice

=================================

An international shipping company stops shipping goods to and from Israel until further notice

Hong Kong-based shipping company OOCL said it would stop shipping goods to and from Israel immediately and until further notice.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
wwwait that's a little bigger than going around Africa, those guys are doing full bds?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Lol forget Donitz, AnsarAllah is going full Charles Lockwood on Israel

dti

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 28 days!)

https://twitter.com/WarMonitors/status/1736348830071681199?s=20

God, I could watch IDF training bloopers all day.

boo boo bear
Oct 1, 2009

I'm COMPLETELY OBSESSED with SEXY EGGS

Death By The Blues posted:

Biden is just an old school white supremacist who grew up in an era of American dominance and cannot allow for it to crumble into dust, imagining any non white nation can actually stand up to the west is unthinkable (his pudding brain doesn't remember Vietnam)

he's the poster boy for the 'ww2 industry' and a 'cold war army' mentality people were talking about earlier. on the brightside, when ansarallah do smoke a carrier he'll die, instantly.

Puppy Burner
Sep 9, 2011

carcinofuck posted:

plz expand
developing nations don't have cruise missiles but have what in their stead?

their poo poo stolen by the people who do have them, historically

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/mercoglianos/status/1736132714028204451?s=20

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I would love to understand the nature of US operation names becoming progressively dumber and more literal.

I know that we have a document with guidelines, so practically everything is "Maple (X)", but the Americans really take it to another level.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

hmmm maybe we should let food into gaza?

no lets start a major regional war instead

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Frosted Flake posted:

I would love to understand the nature of US operation names becoming progressively dumber and more literal.

I know that we have a document with guidelines, so practically everything is "Maple (X)", but the Americans really take it to another level.

I thought about it but I'd rather we not try to come up with clever operation names.

It's noted that the Dwight D. Eisenhower CSG has been transiting out of the Persian Gulf, so we're sending an entire carrier group just to deal with Ansar Allah - with nothing covering the Persian Gulf and Iran. We're gonna shoot down their Ali Baba V-1 drones with the most expensive interceptor missiles conceived by man.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

We're gonna shoot down their Ali Baba V-1 drones with the most expensive interceptor missiles conceived by man.

Think of all of the shareholder value so created. Prosperity, guarded.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfdEaboj7UM

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

egypt says that in one month 55 shipping container ships were forced to go through south africa's cape instead of the red sea.

https://x.com/ajabreaking/status/1736366960558907776?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
come on Yemen sink a carrier, let's kick this poo poo off

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Just for the sake of illustrating where the IOF is at right now, there's footage going around of an IDF soldier getting hit by an RPG while doing a bong rip in front of an open window.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Just for the sake of illustrating where the IOF is at right now, there's footage going around of an IDF soldier getting hit by an RPG while doing a bong rip in front of an open window.

theres been several footages released over the last few days with crazy stuff in it but im following the mods requests and not announcing them.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
the rpg adds some flare but like... did nobody tell those guys about snipers?

I feel like Israel's insistence on downplaying casualties is causing more problems than it solves

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Al-Saqr posted:

theres been several footages released over the last few days with crazy stuff in it but im following the mods requests and not announcing them.

It brings me no pleasure to report this as a fellow dope smoking reprobate.

30.5 Days posted:

the rpg adds some flare but like... did nobody tell those guys about snipers?

I feel like Israel's insistence on downplaying casualties is causing more problems than it solves

I've been given that impression too. When you watch videos of IDF goons having a laugh at Palestine's expense, it's like they're on safari the whole time they're deployed up until they make actual contact with the enemy. Which they will almost certainly not see coming.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
Is there lead in their cans of tuna?

boo boo bear
Oct 1, 2009

I'm COMPLETELY OBSESSED with SEXY EGGS
gotta question hamas' commitment to workplace safety when they're laying out for bodycams but not buying shoes for the boys. healthy workers are happy workers and a boot allowance goes a long way towards that.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Death By The Blues posted:

lol i remember during the obama era when joe was smiling for photos during do-nothing VP appointments and some goon was like "aww look at him he's just so happy to be vice president what a nice old man" :downs:

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Al-Saqr posted:

===========

Israeli Channel 12: 83% of Internet posts related to the war are against Israel

Israeli Channel 12:

The majority of social media posts and articles in major international media are against Israel.
83% of Internet posts related to the war are against Israel and only 9% are in favor of it.
For every positive report about Israel on major news sites, there are 3 negative reports about it.
Of 372,000 articles about the war, 64% are neutral, 28% are against Israel, and 8% are in favor of it.

I'm doing my part

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

boo boo bear posted:

gotta question hamas' commitment to workplace safety when they're laying out for bodycams but not buying shoes for the boys. healthy workers are happy workers and a boot allowance goes a long way towards that.

"experts: hamas' victory over israel no win for workplace saftey"

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
this MP's family is in the besieged Gaza church

https://twitter.com/laylamoran/status/1736369336489574484

Zeppelin Insanity
Oct 28, 2009

Wahnsinn
Einfach
Wahnsinn

Frosted Flake posted:

It's the changing nature of war. When there was a real enemy, like in WW2, you wanted operation names to help with secrecy.

These days, they know they're not fighting a real war, so there's no need for that. Today, the function of operation names is marketing.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Zeppelin Insanity posted:

It's the changing nature of war. When there was a real enemy, like in WW2, you wanted operation names to help with secrecy.

These days, they know they're not fighting a real war, so there's no need for that. Today, the function of operation names is marketing.

XCOM-rear end war

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Zeppelin Insanity posted:

The invasion of Afghanistan was originally named Operation Infinite Justice

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

gradenko_2000 posted:

So why is it that Biden is engaging in these wars when Trump didn't? I assume that the military men are still telling him the same thing, but that Joe is that much more enmeshed in both the belief in American military might and in the institutional momentum to go along with it?

Trump was very averse to american casualties. he watched a lot of television during the gwb years and the negative coverage of caskets coming home. biden pushed for the war in iraq and does not care.

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

gradenko_2000 posted:

XCOM-rear end war

every idf engagement ends up looking like a mid-game wipe

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Megamissen posted:

every idf engagement ends up looking like a mid-game wipe

They keep sending rookies lmaoooooooo

Alternative joke: Captains and Colonels keep getting smoked lmaooooooo

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

gradenko_2000 posted:

They keep sending rookies lmaoooooooo

Alternative joke: Captains and Colonels keep getting smoked lmaooooooo

https://youtu.be/dCeD2gF9jUo?t=01m00s

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

Doktor Avalanche posted:

hamas probably killed less israeli civilians on 10/7 than the idf/iof

Oh absolutely. We won't know for sure for a long time, but I think easily half of them were IDF friendly fire and Hannibal Doctrine.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
IDF General Shlomo Darksydephil

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?

gradenko_2000 posted:

XCOM-rear end war

speaking of which I’m wondering if XCOM is named after https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EXCOMM which I didn’t know about until after I read Wills’ JFK book and makes the life imitating art imitating life aspect funnier

Petey has issued a correction as of 16:13 on Dec 17, 2023

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

gradenko_2000 posted:

Sorry we culd not recover from him.
Against advice He self drained before every op

1mpper
Nov 26, 2004

Al-Saqr posted:

gotta bring these numbers up boys

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

gradenko_2000 posted:

They keep saying I'm committing war crimes but c'mon man, I'm showing restraint! Look, look I'm not bombing those civilians! loving bugged UN mechanics!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

instead of freeing gaza, they should seek true justice and keep it exactly like it is except make all the israelis and gazans switch territory.