Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

The one like is of course Leslie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Guillermus posted:

The one like is of course Leslie.

He doesn't know what to do with engagement since it never happens so he savors this.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

I used to have a roommate who watched Dr Who religiously but complained constantly about how much the doctor was in it instead of the monsters or aliens or whatever else goes on in that show

FREAK

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
“I want less wrestling on my wrestling show” is one of my favorite galaxybrained wrestling takes ever.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

fart blood posted:

“I want less wrestling on my wrestling show” is one of my favorite galaxybrained wrestling takes ever.

if the wrestling is anything like what i have been seeing come out of raw and smackdown these past few weeks i would definitely want less of it

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

fart blood posted:

I watched the cm punk return Raw a few weeks ago and the crowd was beyond bored during all the matches. There would be small pops for top rope moves but that was it. During the tag team turmoil match a “this is awesome” chant happened after about 15 minutes but it felt like a bored crowd trying to keep themselves entertained rather than a reaction to the match itself. The Voices of Wrestling flagship has observed that this is common on ppv shows as well.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

fart blood posted:

They started watching wrestling fir some reason and hate it. It's like the joke about americans trying to convince themselves they like soccer because it's trendy except wrestling isn't trendy at all.

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Goblin deez nuts amirite ladies?
Yeah, the guys that have dedicated their lives to the craft of putting together fake fights? What if they did less of that and instead performed in sub-SNL skits written by people who couldn't hack it in real TV.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Vince Russo ruined an entire generation of wrestling fans

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

these were the David Tennant years too iirc. if it makes you feel better she later got arrested for driving drunk and crashing into a statue in front of a library.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

these were the David Tennant years too iirc. if it makes you feel better she later got arrested for driving drunk and crashing into a statue in front of a library.

was it a weeping angel because that might not have been her fault

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Two Moffat episodes at the same time

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008
There are people who like wrestling for the art of it and there are people who are legitimately too stupid to understand CW-level storylines. These people are, unfortunately, indistinguishable from one another.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
There's a deep level of irony when you realize that the people who want as little actual wrestling on a wrestling show as possible are the same people who are completely incapable of understanding any sort of in-ring storytelling more complicated than "He worked the leg, and the other guy sold the leg"

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020
I'm always mystified by people who say Roman is a good worker. All he did was embrace the 'people don't want to see wrestling on a wrestling show' ethos and start doing backstage promos mid match.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!
roman is a good worker and i respect him

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

I was really confused on what episode of who that happened in. Drunk drove into the weeping angel

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmSLQbzsg0c

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

While I still watched Roman matches were never bad aside from the Undertaker mania match but boy howdy they were samey at best and that's very much the case with his current heel run

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

SatoshiMiwa posted:

While I still watched Roman matches were never bad aside from the Undertaker mania match but boy howdy they were samey at best and that's very much the case with his current heel run

Roman matches before he started his current gimmick of bad improv was about as exciting as a Cena match on a b ppv but without Cena's habit of doing some random move he saw in a gif from the last bola.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

cagliostr0 posted:

I'm always mystified by people who say Roman is a good worker. All he did was embrace the 'people don't want to see wrestling on a wrestling show' ethos and start doing backstage promos mid match.

Yeah the people who harp about storytelling during matches these days are actually talking about the wrestlers yelling out about what exactly they’re doing at the moment of the match and saying what they’re feeling out loud.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Storytelling is when the characters stop everything to just stare into the camera and tell you what the story is

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

cagliostr0 posted:

Roman matches before he started his current gimmick of bad improv was about as exciting as a Cena match on a b ppv but without Cena's habit of doing some random move he saw in a gif from the last bola.
Cena deciding to do a Canadian Destroyer for absolutely no reason other than he thought he could ruled tho, even if he sucked at doing it

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Tampa Bae posted:

Cena deciding to do a Canadian Destroyer for absolutely no reason other than he thought he could ruled tho, even if he sucked at doing it

cena didn't do a canadian destroyer he did a yoshi tonic

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Tampa Bae posted:

I was more saying Cena was a boring formulaic worker for the most part but had little flashes of awesome while Roman was just boring and formulaic

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Was it Cena who started also doing the springboard stunner, which always looked terrible but was kind of awesome because up until the exact moment he did it was the last possible move you’d ever expect loving John Cena to start doing

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

The Cameo posted:

Was it Cena who started also doing the springboard stunner, which always looked terrible but was kind of awesome because up until the exact moment he did it was the last possible move you’d ever expect loving John Cena to start doing

Yeah that was him. Roman on the other hand seems to have internalized the "get as much as you can from as little as possible" advice you get from veterans, but missed the part where you still have to do something out there. His matches have so much dead air in them.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Didn't help that the post SHIELD era Roman was pushed like John Cena but most of his royal rumble appearances were spent dying on the outside for 20 minutes because some heel faction put him through a table or whatever just to crawl through in the final 4

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oh God, remember the Rumble where he got taken backstage to have a nap for the majority of the match then got to heroically come back at the end when all the other wrestlers were exhausted to, I think, win it?

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Oh God, remember the Rumble where he got taken backstage to have a nap for the majority of the match then got to heroically come back at the end when all the other wrestlers were exhausted to, I think, win it?

99% chance this is how Punk's gonna win the next Rumble

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Jerusalem posted:

The Roman crawl happened more than once, but when I was re-watching the Attitude Era Austin was just eliminating people and impatiently waiting in the ring. Maybe Pat Patterson was an awful guy but at least he could book a royal rumble.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://twitter.com/kng0fthen0rth/status/1736306631460229477

This isn’t even McMahonbrain. This is pure Russobrain.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Roman Reigns matches are still booked like it’s the Thunderdome.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

do they still pipe in noise for Roman matches then

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

They pipe in noise for everything

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/MichaelHamflett/status/1736102077233807795

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

History Comes Inside! posted:

They pipe in noise for everything

"Ah, listen to that crowd response! A fine vintage! Summerslam '92, I believe!"

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

TinTower posted:

https://twitter.com/kng0fthen0rth/status/1736306631460229477

This isn’t even McMahonbrain. This is pure Russobrain.

The best wrestling matches are the ones that can tell a story in the ring.

The worst wrestling fans are the ones that can only understand a story if it's told outside of the ring.

It's always been a really weird disconnect for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Michael Hamfart