Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Должно быть русским.
*unmutes*
Да, конечно русские.

Сука блять.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Going to need to eat that with a fork(lift)

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Mozi posted:

gotta walk away as slowly as possible to show how cool i am

gently caress that poo poo.

I’m taking the bike visible at thirty‐seven seconds.

https://twitter.com/CodysLab/status/1722365200270299225

Cichlidae
Aug 12, 2005

ME LOVE
MAKE RED LIGHT

Dr. Infant, MD

Platystemon posted:

gently caress that poo poo.

I’m taking the bike visible at thirty‐seven seconds.

The best part is the guy screams "gently caress, my bike!" right as it gets scragged by molten metal. It was his bike and he didn't even think to take it with him.

Peter Falk
Sep 29, 2023
A very good rule of thumb is that if you see a firefighter running away you are too close.

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord
firefighter, more like firefrighter

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

BlackIronHeart posted:

Bad times at a German steel mill. Video doesn't show anything awful but there's some funny swearing if you like that sort of thing.

https://i.imgur.com/FcKVqhy.mp4

I appreciate the dude just calmly walking away the whole time like nothing interesting is happening.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

how is babby formed
how burrito get pragnent

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

A very smart little mouse!

feliz navidad

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
Guy missed a golden opportunity to calmly light a cigarette off of the giant blaze

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Why are steel mills, flour mills, and textile mills all called mills when they aren't at all similar?

e: And lumber mills.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Facebook Aunt posted:

Why are steel mills, flour mills, and textile mills all called mills when they aren't at all similar?

Now look up “tread mills”.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Platystemon posted:

Now look up “tread mills”.

Trouble down at the mill.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Facebook Aunt posted:

sounds like a good subject for a content mill

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Jabor posted:

It's not "leaking", that's the nozzle it's supposed to come out of.

It looks like they were initially transferring it from one crucible to another, then moved the upper crucible away without closing the nozzle? Perhaps the smaller crucible had been totally filled and the mechanism that closes the nozzle chose that moment to break.

Okay, but like, that wasn't really the thrust of that question I posed.

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005
Starts off pretty tame but soon gets very sketchy!

I mean at least proper banger racing they have helmets, cages and some protection - not these guys

https://fb.watch/o_gVbgf3Zp/

ROFLBOT fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Dec 17, 2023

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I wonder how they clean up that mill when then come back and everything is covered in a layer of steel

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

The Management posted:

I wonder how they clean up that mill when then come back and everything is covered in a layer of steel

break it off and sweep it up because most of it didn't weld

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

ROFLBOT posted:

Starts off pretty tame but soon gets very sketchy!

I mean at least proper banger racing they have helmets, cages and some protection - not these guys

https://fb.watch/o_gVbgf3Zp/

I'm the huge rear end chimney spewing yellow smoke at the horizon.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

The Management posted:

With jackhammers and bulldozers. It's shockingly easy to fracture steel off of a concrete floor. Cheaper than buying new equipment b/c your bucket spewed on it too.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

I know he's hamming it up in the next shot but still yikes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wjv75kJyZ7M&t=1672s

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

I've probably said it before but I love Hand Tool Rescue's 90s sitcom intro.

SimonSays
Aug 4, 2006

Simon is the monkey's name

Collateral Damage posted:

I've probably said it before but I love Hand Tool Rescue's 90s sitcom intro.

In Canada we had them like that until the 2010's so really it's pretty current

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ArumULr6mo

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

really didn't need to hear terror in a person's voice this Sunday but i also clicked the play button

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Facebook Aunt posted:

Because it has drifted from the original "tool for grinding something to a powder", via "the building where the grinding happens" to something like "an operation that turns out large amounts of interchangeable product".

(See also content and puppy mills)

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

KoRMaK posted:

really didn't need to hear terror in a person's voice this Sunday but i also clicked the play button

For real, it's pretty upsetting when you hear someone about to die.
I'm glad they got to him, hope he didn't suffer any life-threatening burns.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Computer viking posted:

Because it has drifted from the original "tool for grinding something to a powder", via "the building where the grinding happens" to something like "an operation that turns out large amounts of interchangeable product".

(See also content and puppy mills)

Yeah before it got those last two it basically meant “a place where raw resources you gathered go in one end and processed material ready for industry come out the other”

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

haveblue posted:

Yeah before it got those last two it basically meant “a place where raw resources you gathered go in one end and processed material ready for industry come out the other”

That happened after the "house where grinding/milling happens" shift, I think - but yes, that's definitely an intermediate.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

The hard hat falling off as they're dangling is the OSHA horror here. Use chin straps, goddamit

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Couple pages back but when I was very young, forget exactly but at most in the 8-ish range, I was in a mixed age hockey activity at a community centre. All that really happens is some very basic skating lessons and then your group plays a very dumb game sideways across the rink. Putting aside that these are different sized kids with knives on their feet all that’s really supposed to happen is slowly sliding the puck in the general direction of a net. Anyways the point is that someone has to play the goalie in the games and it was my turn that day but they don’t actually have goalie pads for kids (only padding anyone really had was a helmet) so when you take a shot the puck it isn’t supposed to leave the ice. However one of the older kids in the class didn’t get that note and sent a slapshot right into my thigh from maybe 3 meters away. In the end all it did was leave a bruise because it probably wasn’t moving all that fast but I didn’t sign up for the next group after that. I guess the safety plan was “rely on kids to not pretend they’re in a real hockey game.”

Kibayasu fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Dec 17, 2023

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/l8l8kyT.mp4

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
I hope those loving idiots get eaten by alligators.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Kibayasu posted:

Couple pages back but when I was very young, forget exactly but at most in the 8-ish range, I was in a mixed age hockey activity at a community centre. All that really happens is some very basic skating lessons and then your group plays a very dumb game sideways across the rink. Putting aside that these are different sized kids with knives on their feet all that’s really supposed to happen is slowly sliding the puck in the general direction of a net. Anyways the point is that someone has to play the goalie in the games and it was my turn that day but they don’t actually have goalie pads for kids (only padding anyone really had was a helmet) so when you take a shot the puck it isn’t supposed to leave the ice. However one of the older kids in the class didn’t get that note and sent a slapshot right into my thigh from maybe 3 meters away. In the end all it did was leave a bruise because it was probably wasn’t moving all that fast but I didn’t sign up for the next group after that. I guess the safety plan was “rely on kids to not pretend they’re in a real hockey game.”

I have 3 hockey/skates stories since hockey came back up.

The first was when I played hockey as a kid maybe 6-8yo. We had to wear the helmets. Well when I collided with another kid the edge of my helmet came down and broke my collarbone. It hurt pretty fuckin bad.

The second was when I was maybe 14 we had a big group that basically rented out a rink to go ice-skating, one of the chaperones fell forward on the ice and a kid ran over their hand with the blades, it bled all over the place. The rink was red that day. No fingers were lost but coulda fooled me.

The third was when I was in highschool. Mixed ed gym class, we were playing floor hockey that day. Some really short guy got mad at me for some reason and starting bashing my legs with the stick. I mean relentlessly for a solid 30 wacks. I couldn't stand up for a while on my own, so that was pretty not so cool.

Tonight I'm going to an nhl game so hopefully I don't have a fourth horrible story afterwards.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

https://i.imgur.com/nas2eSw.mp4

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Nenonen posted:

I hope those loving idiots get eaten by alligators.

Curious what their plan is for getting the boat back out of the water, if it ever stops moving the gator will get either it or their hand

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

What if somehow that's the same bike as the steel mill? You never know

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

And in a few generations, we will be wondering why gators have evolved into eating our boats.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
osha tip: always check if u forgot your wallet!

https://r2.cdn.arazu.io/0ac9622aeb56a8e4bc34da433128f7744fbb36e66a799823b1c3cdc39dd52548.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Crazy that the back window never shatters