Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

Wendigee posted:

Looks great as usual, you post food and photograph it nicely

thank you

more cornbread. more stew, but i used pork loin bc that's what i had

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I finally made something reasonably healthy last night.

https://www.eatwell101.com/sheet-pan-sausage-veggies-recipe

I was a bit skeptical but I used the convection feature on my new oven (it can air fry too but I haven't tried that) and it actually turned out really well. Crispy brussels sprouts are great. The sauce is literally just dijon mustard and maple syrup and it worked.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Pennywise the Frown posted:

The sauce is literally just dijon mustard and maple syrup and it worked.

I've used a reduction of pancake syrup and soy sauce as a glaze for kielbasa and everyone who's tried it thought it sounded monstrous at first and then loved it

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

maybeadracula posted:

I've used a reduction of pancake syrup and soy sauce as a glaze for kielbasa and everyone who's tried it thought it sounded monstrous at first and then loved it

that's basically kecap manis

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

that's basically kecap manis

First I've heard of that, but I'm seeking it out now

thanks

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

JUMBO SQUID

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

thank you

more cornbread. more stew, but i used pork loin bc that's what i had

Curious about that Cornbread , does it have cheese in it? Green Onion or Jalapeno?

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

maybeadracula posted:

First I've heard of that, but I'm seeking it out now

thanks

it's good. very good. and you can pronounce it "ketchup mayonnaise" and wonder at etymology

Hollismason posted:

Curious about that Cornbread , does it have cheese in it? Green Onion or Jalapeno?

yeah, like 8 oz of cheddar and jalapenos. it's the basic recipe i was espousing upthread. "follow the bag + a can of creamed corn +" those

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

I made some green chile stew with the last of the xxxhot whole autumn roast chiles I had in the freezer

it is going to be very hot lol

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

sloppy joes and chili cheese fries

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I love a good sloppy joe.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Short Rib Lasagna from Costco :yum:

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Bangers and mash with onion gravy and roast Brussels. Living in the us, it's hard to find legit British style bangers. Uli's, while pretty spendy, make some amazing sausages, including bangers.

dinahmoe
Sep 13, 2007

sloppy joes and chili cheese fries

That looks fantastic, and I love your plate. Did you have to Roshambo for the last burger roll or was the regular bread a personal choice?

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

dinahmoe posted:

That looks fantastic, and I love your plate. Did you have to Roshambo for the last burger roll or was the regular bread a personal choice?

lol

my spouse took two sandwiches but i really wanted the chili fries. we were down to two buns tho

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
store bought pork tenderloin out of the freezer with sauteed brussel sprouts and asparagus

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

does baking a dessert count? my houemate's been going through some rough times this month, so i baked him a cake as some small way to cheer him up, even a little. we have very little in the way of proper baking equipment, so i had to use a dutch oven to make the cake, but dang if it didn't come out nice and fluffy. sawed it in half, did a layer of chocolate icing and coconut, and put the top back on and coated the whole thing in more of the same. holy cow did it turn out ugly, but incredibly delicious.

shazbot
Sep 20, 2004
Ah, hon, ya got arby's all over my acoustic wave machine.
Sushi

Fried spam, jalapeno, cream cheese in one roll

Imitation crab, cucumber, jalapeño in the other

Furikake and wasabi on top

shazbot
Sep 20, 2004
Ah, hon, ya got arby's all over my acoustic wave machine.
Persian stew. Cost about 13 dollars for 8 helpings. Also fav food

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
fettucini with red pesto sauce, hot Italian sausage, mushrooms, mozzarella, fresh basil and oregano

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

As per our Christmas tradition, we went to the zoo and then to that bar downtown with the really good fried chicken. I had the secret menu item of mac n cheese with a chicken cutlet on top. The bartender accidentally poured the wrong beer refill so she gave me both, nice.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Made vegan* sloppy joes with green lentils last night. Turned out really tasty, and not super sweet like a lot of classic sloppy Joe recipes.

However the amount of fiber I consumed is basically a colonic. I feel like I've lost weight since last night.

*Used chicken stock and regular Worcestershire, wasn't trying to be vegan, just had all the stuff. Also sharp cheddar because it's awesome.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Roundup Ready posted:

Made vegan* sloppy joes with green lentils last night. Turned out really tasty, and not super sweet like a lot of classic sloppy Joe recipes.

However the amount of fiber I consumed is basically a colonic. I feel like I've lost weight since last night.

*Used chicken stock and regular Worcestershire, wasn't trying to be vegan, just had all the stuff. Also sharp cheddar because it's awesome.

Recipe please. :haibrow:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Prime rib bitches!

I haven't had one in at least a decade. This one was ok. It was a really fatty cut and the bartender was new and screwed up the order a few ways somehow so things came out at different times. Overall it was good. Caesar salad too. And a twice baked potato. I was really high.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

https://minimalistbaker.com/vegan-sloppy-joes/

Did this with a few minor changes

Edit: aside from the previously stated non vegan changes, added a jalapeno, and added a decent amount more chili powder, and a little more cumin. Also used raw brown vs coconut sugar

Roundup Ready fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Dec 17, 2023

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Thinking about making some rice and topping it with some leftover for lunch

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Anyone know anything super simple and easy to do with leftover prime rib besides just eating it again?

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Anyone know anything super simple and easy to do with leftover prime rib besides just eating it again?

I have never even considered the possibility of "leftover prime rib"

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Yeah I think it's just kind of a hunk of meat that you wanna eat by itself. Usually you can put worse cuts in something like Fajitas or Chili, but like, why do that with Prime Rib? You can reheat it with eggs and it'll kinda be like breakfast which may be different enough

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Hash

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Super fancy cheese steak?

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Roundup Ready posted:

Thinking about making some rice and topping it with some leftover for lunch

Update: really good on rice with a little tiger sauce. Almost half assed Cajun food.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

On The Internet posted:

You can reheat it with eggs and it'll kinda be like breakfast which may be different enough

This is where my simple mind went first.

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

Sandwich

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Roundup Ready posted:

Super fancy cheese steak?

It's the standard, bub

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

SilvergunSuperman posted:

It's the standard, bub

Ribeye is standard

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Also I feel like this is kinda related. Bought a new oxo salad spinner after the old cheap one crapped out. Unfortunately my wife threw the new spin colander out, thinking it was the old one. I sent an email to oxo asking about the product number to grab a replacement. Just got a whole new complete unit in the mail this morning. Good rear end customer service

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

down to visit the in-laws for Christmas. veggie soup & a grilled cheese pastrami

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I forgot to mention (and take pics) of what I made. It was very late and I was drunk so I cut up the prime rib into small pieces and added that to a tiny pot of baked beans. I made toast, put the bean/steak mixture on, and added 3 (overcooked) over-easy eggs.

It was really good actually.

Last night was half a Jersey Mikes #8 and tonight is the next half.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
i got a smoked turkey drumstick from the Walmart and heated that sucker up along side some marshed perterters and sage/onion stuffing