Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
It's pretty good and the punch is a good panel. Randy character development?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

:lol:

F Minus

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

That's an odd quote to choose.

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

I bet he's gone already.

Andertoons

Anderson came up with another Keebler gag.

Flash Gordon

Edit: Fixed Mark Trail

Murdstone fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Dec 17, 2023

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Murdstone posted:

:lol:

F Minus

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

That's an odd quote to choose.

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

I bet he's gone already.

Andertoons

Anderson came up with another Keebler gag.

Flash Gordon

lol I thought the Mary Worth and Andertoon was an edit by you animals for a moment.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
When a comic strip has two thought bubbles from different characters back-to-back, I think people are having a psychic argument.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

"a soylent ingredient"

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020

someone awful. posted:

"a soylent ingredient"

If the twist is Brad and Sonia are going to kill and eat Keith I will forgive Moy

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!

Kazinsal posted:

gently caress yeah Mike, own that poo poo

the official site updated so we get Lynn's input!

Lynn's Comments posted:

My readers hated Michael's beard. As soon as he came home sporting facial fuzz, the letters came. I had to let Mike go through this rite of passage, so I left him with the beard for a few months...until the complaints became something I really had to deal with. Removing Mike’s beard was the only thing I ever did to placate angry readers!

cool!

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
c'mon Brad, you gotta do better than that! Start talking about police brutality and how weed is cool and Black Lives Matter!

How many more comics till Brad lays down the Cool Real Man law? Cause that's what he is, a great father and partner and MAN above all else, who loves red meat and not fake meat! He doesn't wear a lame beanie!

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

mycatscrimes posted:

If the twist is Brad and Sonia are going to kill and eat Keith I will forgive Moy
:same:

1981 comics

Dick Tracy

Footrot Flats

The Lockhorns

Computoon: Origins

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020
I feel like meat substitutes vs meat alternatives is a bit of a red herring, because based on everything we've seen so far Keith would still be Like This about a vegan meal with no fake meat.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

riderchop posted:

Compu-toon

I wonder if this one would make more or less sense if I had any clue what those snowmen were holding.

Murdstone posted:

Mark Trail

I was not expecting to see a lizard threesome in my funny papers today, but I guess life is full of surprises.

Junk Drawer finally updated

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Hwurmp posted:

note: Sojas is a notary, as well as an airman

I appreciate this.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

What Holbrook Thinks Zoomer Brains Are Like

Finally: "The Deal" With Why You Get So Little Airline Food

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Julet Esqu posted:

I wonder if this one would make more or less sense if I had any clue what those snowmen were holding.

Judging just by the size and the position of their fingers (it must have been a nightmare to find all those weird-shaped sticks), they are futzing around on their phones.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

The Demons of Baseball

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Some Guy TT posted:

The Demons of Baseball

Wild to me that this dude was so outraged at being rejected by that woman all that time and his big revenge turned out to be... to marry her and be a decent husband

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020

Julet Esqu posted:

Wild to me that this dude was so outraged at being rejected by that woman all that time and his big revenge turned out to be... to marry her and be a decent husband

I mean he had a reputation for abusing her and he's saying here that he only stopped because she is pregnant and it might make director sohn look bad

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
We Are Reproducing

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Murdstone posted:

Rex Morgan MD

I bet he's gone already.

He's got access to the royalty money. He's out of jail. They're broadcasting news about a lawsuit. if he's a competent con man, yeah, he signed on with a similar contract that the Kitty Cop guy used to drop all legal responsibility on the Morgans, and he's gone.

But he's Rene Belluso, so we'll see.

Breadmaster
Jun 14, 2010
Love the move of "Watch me take this money and DONATE IT TO A GOOD CAUSE, cause you're not my DAD"

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Giant Ethicist posted:

We Are Reproducing

There are some good baby face in here.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

mycatscrimes posted:

I mean he had a reputation for abusing her and he's saying here that he only stopped because she is pregnant and it might make director sohn look bad

Oh, you're right. I remember that now. Yeesh, lots of stuff happens in this comic, huh?

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020

Julet Esqu posted:

Oh, you're right. I remember that now. Yeesh, lots of stuff happens in this comic, huh?

Oh yeah, it's just a firehose of drama! And 98% of the time it is excellent.

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.
Steeple 19: Maggie's Party Part 2

John Allison's Patreon John Allison's Gumroad store
Steeple website

John Allison posted:

Now, these were the two witches who replaced Brian’s werewolf power with the feral animal spirit of Jeremy Clarkson (seen in flashback in The Silvery Moon). So quite what moneyshines are going on in panel 3, I’m going to leave to you to work out. It’s probably nothing.

Perhaps what is manifesting is the “essence of man” as defined by Kelly le Brock in this 1992 Brut commercial. You decide.

Rentokil is a UK based pest-control company.

Here's the page with the flashback Allison mentioned:

Four pages this week as Steeple 19: Maggie's Party Part 2 wraps up.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Pogo 12/30/51

Sorry, can't find a version of this that isn't extra dark.

Archie 1/6-8/49

Tom Corbett, Space Cadet 12/16/51

The Hoba Meteorite is still the largest known meteorite, although the theory that the asteroids used to be a planet hasn't survived the march of time.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Scary Go Round (September 28-30, 2004)

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

mycatscrimes posted:

I feel like meat substitutes vs meat alternatives is a bit of a red herring, because based on everything we've seen so far Keith would still be Like This about a vegan meal with no fake meat.

you couldn't serve herring in a vegan dish either though

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020

Bongo Bill posted:

you couldn't serve herring in a vegan dish either though

(hot takishly) fish is a vegetable

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

"it's okay to eat fish, cause they don't have any feelings" - kurt cobain

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever

riderchop posted:

the official site updated so we get Lynn's input!

As someone who is Michael's age and started college in fall '94, when these strips first ran: Can confirm this is what everyone capable of facial hair did at the time. Kids, go ask your parents for regrettable photos.

Haifisch posted:

Footrot Flats

CORSO

btw, that biker gang from the storyline a few weeks back, that's a real gang in NZ, saw a couple of 'em at a gas station when I was down there in August

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Out Our Way At Christmas (December 16, 21, 25, 1926)

And now, A Sketchy Life for December 15, 1927! We lead with a Fred G Cooper page.

Harold Denison (timg for unseemly tallness):

Don Herold:

A big ol' page I couldn't split up, with J Norman Lynd, two that I can't decipher, and a little bit of comic strip-related text running down the middle.

GB Inwood:

LJ Holton:

Herb Roth:

EasyEW fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Dec 18, 2023

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Hoover Dam posted:

As someone who is Michael's age and started college in fall '94, when these strips first ran: Can confirm this is what everyone capable of facial hair did at the time. Kids, go ask your parents for regrettable photos.

There are two landmarks in a growing man's facial hair path to adulthood. The wispy "I swear I can grow one" moustache (that's on my HS yearbook photo) and the "I want to look like I'm old enough for beer" beard that Mike's got. Often those disappear for a decade or so when a "clean look" serves to fool the employer, later replaced by the Tom Selleck-esque Dadstashe.

thisusedyet
Feb 14, 2012

My post... it sucks!!!

Bruceski posted:

There are two landmarks in a growing man's facial hair path to adulthood. The wispy "I swear I can grow one" moustache (that's on my HS yearbook photo) and the "I want to look like I'm old enough for beer" beard that Mike's got. Often those disappear for a decade or so when a "clean look" serves to fool the employer, later replaced by the Tom Selleck-esque Dadstashe.

yeah... I went straight to the dadstashe, simply because everytime I try to shave it, I take a piece of my upper lip off.

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From The Tinkersons

Macanudo

Dark Side Of The Horse

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

How does DC or Marvel works in this hellscape? What is Batman like? Spider-Man? How is Kraven a villain in a society where everybody hunts each other?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Strontium posted:

Take It From The Tinkersons

One of my greatest fears.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Alhazred posted:

How does DC or Marvel works in this hellscape? What is Batman like? Spider-Man? How is Kraven a villain in a society where everybody hunts each other?
batman is a bat and spider-man is a spider. kraven is a villain because he hunts for trophies instead of meat.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.
Krazy Kat(August 18, 1918)

The Rectangle(Gasoline Alley)(June 22, 1919)

It all looks just fine!

Litle Nemo(January 12,1908)

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Vintage Valiant (Oct. 23, 1960)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Hostile V posted:

What Holbrook Thinks Zoomer Brains Are Like

Maybe it's because Calvin and Hobbes got brought up recently, but the little mouse kid being lonely and having an active imagination makes it seem like Holbrook attempting a real bad copy.

Thankfully, Calvin never had to deal with being 1 out of 12,000 mice orphans in Hellworld.

mycatscrimes posted:

The fact that we barely get a look into Hardy's married life has me confused on whether it really is an abuse situation or if it's Prudence taking gossip from neighbors about how they hear the couple arguing and spinning it into something way worse. Though if you look at Hardy's insane plot to chase off his wife's ex-fiancee and hang around her workplace until her coworkers talk about Hardy making serious bank convinced her to marry him, it's really hard to give the guy the benefit of the doubt.

Alhazred posted:

If Fastrack's any indication, Lex Luthor would be an extremely toxic boss to work for but Superman would sigh and say that you can't help but admire the guy anyway.