Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Borsche69 posted:

i legit kinda wonder if fans of other teams actually feel really confident going into the 4th quarter with a two score lead. i sure as poo poo do not. and i think im probably one of the most optimistic ravens posters

This is hilarious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

a neat cape posted:

This is hilarious

there's gotta be some dumbass falcons fan out there that still trusts in a 10 point lead

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

The Puppy Bowl posted:

It sucks a lot. Worse than losing him this year is what it possibly means for the rest of his career. As Stanley and Dobbins have taught us, knee injuries can change everything. Especially an awful one like this.

Look away if you don't want to feel awful.

Edited out the video, but that looks absolutely terrible :(

dingo with a joint
Jan 12, 2019

wrong cow

Turdfuzz posted:

its gonna be chiefs v eagles again

gently caress yes

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Trevors favorite song is let it go

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

MJeff posted:

Who is currently doing more damage to a Khan-owned franchise, Press Taylor or Maxwell Jacob Friedman?

I still can't believe this man's interview didn't start and then immediately end with "yes hello my name is Press Taylor"

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

i think also and underrated part of this, at the end of the game particularly, is that lawrence looked like dogshit and was probably legit injured his throwing arm at some point. there were a ridiculous number of ducks thrown on the last couple of drives and he was also throwing short a lot. some of the throws on the jags final drive were incredibly sad.

all that said, i think its fair to say that the ravens are a pretty good team.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I love listening to these two New York rear end Dudes reacting to the Jets being the Jets

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_M-gLRShm4

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Borsche69 posted:

i think also and underrated part of this, at the end of the game particularly, is that lawrence looked like dogshit and was probably legit injured his throwing arm at some point. there were a ridiculous number of ducks thrown on the last couple of drives and he was also throwing short a lot. some of the throws on the jags final drive were incredibly sad.

all that said, i think its fair to say that the ravens are a pretty good team.

He looked really off in a lot of the Browns game too. Dude is banged up and bouncing from injury to injury.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Yes chiefs and eagles will be the first teams out from the playoffs.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Asproigerosis posted:

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
We're going to hear Superbowl Preview a lot this week. I'd be thrilled if Baltimore never got on the plane. Ravens 49ers does not matter at all for the Ravens trying to take the #1 seed. Give the team a week off for Christmas and focus on restructuring your offense around the most recent hellacious injury for Miami on New Years.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

The Puppy Bowl posted:

We're going to hear Superbowl Preview a lot this week. I'd be thrilled if Baltimore never got on the plane. Ravens 49ers does not matter at all for the Ravens trying to take the #1 seed. Give the team a week off for Christmas and focus on restructuring your offense around the most recent hellacious injury for Miami on New Years.

yeah that's where im at too. gently caress that game.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Huge win for the Ravens, but the road ahead is still tough.

The Ravens don't HAVE to win next week in San Francisco, but dropping one to both 49ers AND Dolphins would very possibly mean a Browns division win. They really have to win against Miami and probably again vs Pittsburgh.

Winning both would actually let them rest starters against Pittsburgh.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

AndrewP posted:

Huge win for the Ravens, but the road ahead is still tough.

The Ravens don't HAVE to win next week in San Francisco, but dropping one to both 49ers AND Dolphins would very possibly mean a Browns division win. They really have to win against Miami and probably again vs Pittsburgh.

Winning both would actually let them rest starters against Pittsburgh.

man gently caress pittsburgh. loving sick of hearing 'we have lamars number' when theyve played him all of like 3 times

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

it's just amazing that the Ravens are sitting here with the best record in the AFC, currently own the bye, two games ahead in the division and I'm still worried about them being a wildcard because the Mooney couldn't hold onto a ball that was in his hands. And the Browns' upcoming schedule is fairly soft.

Really need CJ Stroud to be that dude again next week

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I definitely feel like the Ravens would be uncomfortable losing the 49ers game. Like a loss to the 49ers and wins by the Dolphins, Chiefs, and maybe Browns would make that 1st seed spot look pretty hard to hold.

I expect the Ravens to win the AFCN and more than likely keep the first seed, but they really can't view 49ers as a game they can afford to lose in either of those races yet. Since they play Monday night though, it will be much clearer what the stakes are at game time.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

wilderthanmild posted:

Yeah I definitely feel like the Ravens would be uncomfortable losing the 49ers game. Like a loss to the 49ers and wins by the Dolphins, Chiefs, and maybe Browns would make that 1st seed spot look pretty hard to hold.

I expect the Ravens to win the AFCN and more than likely keep the first seed, but they really can't view 49ers as a game they can afford to lose in either of those races yet. Since they play Monday night though, it will be much clearer what the stakes are at game time.

thankfully, as a fan, i can arbitrarily pretend poo poo doesn't matter even when it does, and i can pretend i'm not mad even when i am.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Lawrence is apparently entering the concussion protocol, so who knows if his arm was acting up or if he just couldn't throw straight toward the end after that big hit on the run in the 4th quarter? Or maybe the intentional grounding earlier in the 4th quarter where his head banged off the ground pretty hard.

Either way with that on top of everything else it seems like the guy needs a little time off, although he'll do his best not to take it.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Bottom line is, Ravens probably need two wins in the next three weeks and there are no easy games left.

My current worst nightmare is this, which has the Ravens losing the AFCN after dropping two games and playing Buffalo on the road for the first weekend. This is not a difficult scenario to cook up in the playoff machine; Miami has a hard slate too and could definitely drop two out of three.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
FWIW as a Browns fan I really don't expect us to win @Texans unless Stroud is out. We're just too banged up and have been pretty underwhelming on the road. I would love to be wrong though.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I just want the niners to get the 1 cuz the current bye rules are stupid. If no one got a bye then whatever. It's just such a huge advantage.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

wilderthanmild posted:

FWIW as a Browns fan I really don't expect us to win @Texans unless Stroud is out. We're just too banged up and have been pretty underwhelming on the road. I would love to be wrong though.

even if stroud was out, that game against the bears was nasty and ugly. things can change from game to game but it gave me a lot of 'steelers could run the table' vibes right before they lost to the cardinals

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Waltzing Along posted:

I just want the niners to get the 1 cuz the current bye rules are stupid. If no one got a bye then whatever. It's just such a huge advantage.

the 14 team playoff structure is so loving stupid. 12 teams was loving perfect!!! you blew it up!! you drat dirty apes!!!

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Borsche69 posted:

man gently caress pittsburgh. loving sick of hearing 'we have lamars number' when theyve played him all of like 3 times

i hear that number it just reminds me about how irrelevant the steelers have been in the past couple yeaers

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Borsche69 posted:

the 14 team playoff structure is so loving stupid. 12 teams was loving perfect!!! you blew it up!! you drat dirty apes!!!

Make it 16. No byes or a week w no games so everyone can rest.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Grittybeard posted:

Lawrence is apparently entering the concussion protocol, so who knows if his arm was acting up or if he just couldn't throw straight toward the end after that big hit on the run in the 4th quarter? Or maybe the intentional grounding earlier in the 4th quarter where his head banged off the ground pretty hard.

Either way with that on top of everything else it seems like the guy needs a little time off, although he'll do his best not to take it.

Yeah, he seems way more concerned with maintaining his streak than whether or not he's in any condition to play.

Not great when playoffs are less than a month away

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Asproigerosis posted:

This is some serious Seattle disrespect.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Well I see we won but lost Mitchell probably forever. What a punch to the gut.

I do think Hill is a pretty decent runner we just have to hope they've resolved the fumble issues we had with him earlier in the season. It does seem like we haven't had them for a while.

Happy to see Likely is filling in nicely for Andrews. See this is what I'm talking about with the Ravens. If you want someone to develop you have to at least make an effort to make them a big part of the gameplan. It looks like we played better as the game went on but these catch totals are just miserable. No player is going to develop if you never target them.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Dec 18, 2023

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

next man up. it's reuben droughns. he's been sent to baltimore by the allied cleveland browns' general joe flacco. let's loving go!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
always feel bad for that kind of injury but especially bad for an undrafted rookie

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Cavauro posted:

next man up. it's reuben droughns. he's been sent to baltimore by the allied cleveland browns' general joe flacco. let's loving go!

Anybody but Obafemi Ayanbadejo again

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Cavauro posted:

Olandis Gary, come on down!

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Nervous posted:

This is some serious Seattle disrespect.

Oh no don't worry they will in fact get to prove tonight they are a divisional round champion!

also the bye is really dumb bullshit, just look at the fraud eagles last year. Cruised into a super bowl completely underserving because of the bye.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Gonz posted:

Olandis Gary, come on down!

And then Mike Anderson who stole Jamal Lewis's rightful rookie of the year award. But then he became a Raven and redeemed himself a bit.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Peyton

Hillis

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Thinking of Rueben Droughns made me think of Tatum Bell.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

Borsche69 posted:

i legit kinda wonder if fans of other teams actually feel really confident going into the 4th quarter with a two score lead. i sure as poo poo do not. and i think im probably one of the most optimistic ravens posters

As a Vikings fan, I can say that we don't either.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

We talking insane RB seasons out of nowhere? Never forget that time Justin Forsett had like 1500 yards and 8 TDs after doing absolutely nothing for 6 years across 4 teams. And then went right back to doing nothing til he washed out of the league
:iiam:

Hell of a year for the Ravens though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Docjowles posted:

We talking insane RB seasons out of nowhere? Never forget that time Justin Forsett had like 1500 yards and 8 TDs after doing absolutely nothing for 6 years across 4 teams. And then went right back to doing nothing til he washed out of the league
:iiam:

Hell of a year for the Ravens though

The Kubiak Year. Definitely an interesting one in Ravens history. Also our lone victory over the Steelers in the postseason. I'd say that was maybe the one year of like two this century we had something approaching a serious NFL offense. The other being 2019 of course. The 2012 postseason run we did also but just for that stretch.