Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Captain Hygiene posted:

3000 un(?)regretted user-pages, thank you Elon!

If you’re wondering how he’ll make loan fees
And other fiscal facts
Just repeat to yourself, “GROIMES COME BACK!!!”
While #sports is typed by Yaccs

On Elon Musk’s debacle, page 3000!
(guitar chord)

drat! Missed it by that much…

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Songbearer posted:

SHRIMP SCAMPI SCHRIMPI SCAMPRI SCHROMPLE SHRAMPLE SHRINKLE SHRONGLER SHERP SHERP SHEEEEEEERGH

You have said the actual truth

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

...! posted:

This. The DS9 writers have specifically said that they made him over the top cartoonishly evil in the final season because they were horrified that conservative fans idolized him. The entire final season was basically them saying "GUL DUKAT IS AN EVIL, EVIL MAN. DO YOU GET IT YET?!" Just beating them over the head with it.

They wrote him as a "nobody thinks of themselves as the villain" character and Marc Alaimo sold it so well people believed his creepy paternalistic "I was trying to protect them and only executed them when I had to and how do they repay me" BS. And that's on top of the fascist wannabes who were happy to have an excuse and the "such a sad story, I can change him" fans who are almost worse than the fascists.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
I can't endorse the Cardassians' methods but the second the Bajorans were "liberated" they reverted to religious zealotry and discrimination. Is that really better?

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Steering wheel! Hey! Steering wheel! Someone tell him to give it to me!
this is why Waltz is a great episode of DS9 cause it triggers the Dukat lovers.

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

DRINK ME posted:

I don’t want to make a gun derail in the Herr Durr Musk thread but drat America, you have to stop this poo poo.

Over our kids' dead bodies :colbert: :patriot:

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

big black turnout posted:

I can't endorse the Cardassians' methods but the second the Bajorans were "liberated" they reverted to religious zealotry and discrimination. Is that really better?

Israel retrospectively justifies the holocaust?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

big black turnout posted:

the cardassian occupation swept away not just the governments but the social structures of the bajorans, so it is not surprising that they not only fall back onto their shared religious beliefs to provide a sense of stability in a time of chaos, but centre their efforts to unify and reconstruct bajor they attempt to do so through the only remaining thing that unites bajorans and the old bajor.

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

listening to Knowledge Fight's coverage of the Alex Jones call, and finally realized that when Elon says the earth can sustain way more humans, he means purely in terms of space. as in human bodies standing shoulder to shoulder.

loving brilliant insight

what's food and resources, precious

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Durf posted:

listening to Knowledge Fight's coverage of the Alex Jones call, and finally realized that when Elon says the earth can sustain way more humans, he means purely in terms of space. as in human bodies standing shoulder to shoulder.

loving brilliant insight

what's food and resources, precious

The Earth actually can sustain quite a larger number of humans.

The catch comes when you define their living standard.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
And ignore the right of any other creatures to exist.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Ghostlight posted:

the cardassian occupation swept away not just the governments but the social structures of the bajorans, so it is not surprising that they not only fall back onto their shared religious beliefs to provide a sense of stability in a time of chaos, but centre their efforts to unify and reconstruct bajor they attempt to do so through the only remaining thing that unites bajorans and the old bajor.

Understandable, but also there's that one episode where they exile those refugees from the Gamma Quadrant, that time when they slowly started turning into a theocracy as religious leaders were consolidating power, etc etc.

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

also Alex's groveling and bootlicking for Elon on the call is breathtaking

might've been KF or another pod that pointed out that most people react to intense flattery with suspicion. Elon takes it purely as fact. Anyone besides the absolute dullards on the call would assume Alex is loving with him when he won't stop calling him a maverick and the most brilliant man in the world etc.

GD_American posted:

The Earth actually can sustain quite a larger number of humans.

The catch comes when you define their living standard.

These are the same people who imagine themselves chopping wood and living with a tradfam on an acreage in Montana , if only they could leave their computers and go outside and talk to people and not get maced

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Funky See Funky Do posted:

And ignore the right of any other creatures to exist.

Voles can all just go to hell.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

are these actual quotes he has said? Because, they’re very awe inspiring

Flux Wildly
Dec 20, 2004

Welkum tü Zanydu!

Of all the absolutely ridiculous and dumb poo poo he does, I somehow find him agreeing with his own brain dead quotes one of the more infuriating traits.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

...! posted:

Also the same people who are only just now realizing that the entire Star Trek franchise has always been extremely "woke" now that they're depicting openly gay and nonbinary characters. They even view Gul Dukat as a good guy and the intended hero of DS9.

Also the same people who see Homelander from The Boys and think "finally someone created a real American hero who is totally a good and moral guy and it is good and based to wear a Homelander costume to Trump rallies and Capitol insurrections, rah rah America, suck it libs :smug:"

They are only capable of engaging with popular media on a surface level, nuance and similar things cannot penetrate their smooth brains.

lol there were moron women dressed up as Handmaid’s protesting against abortion before RvW was overturned. It’s incredible how bad people are at reading and watching stuff, just incredible.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
That's not really any different than someone dressing up in leathers during a pride parade

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Flux Wildly posted:

Of all the absolutely ridiculous and dumb poo poo he does, I somehow find him agreeing with his own brain dead quotes one of the more infuriating traits.

He's a narcissist, this is pretty much the least surprising tic he has

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

...! posted:

This. The DS9 writers have specifically said that they made him over the top cartoonishly evil in the final season because they were horrified that conservative fans idolized him. The entire final season was basically them saying "GUL DUKAT IS AN EVIL, EVIL MAN. DO YOU GET IT YET?!" Just beating them over the head with it.

I’m pretty sure that they ran into the same problem with Rufus Sewell’s character in The Man in the High Castle and had to do the same thing in their final season

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I'm pretty sure this isn't going to be terribly positive for elon but let's see!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eo3zORUGCbM

E: nope this is brutal. He's getting turbo slammed.

E2: listening to elon speak is painful. And holy poo poo, he's become a lot more incoherent over the years. When they're showing clips from the early SpaceX years, he sounds a lot better than he does in the new clips.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Dec 18, 2023

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

ketamine

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Professor Shark posted:

I’m pretty sure that they ran into the same problem with Rufus Sewell’s character in The Man in the High Castle and had to do the same thing in their final season

The issue was also partly the show had at least another season left but it apperently didn’t do well enough to continue, so they just jammed everything into like 2 episodes at the end of what was supposed to be the second to last season. I find Sewell character interesting because he is kinda of a realistic monster and it makes me mad that wolfenstein new colossus didn’t do very much with its American setting outside New York and Roswell and bj’s chud dad.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I'm pretty sure this isn't going to be terribly positive for elon but let's see!

E2: listening to elon speak is painful. And holy poo poo, he's become a lot more incoherent over the years. When they're showing clips from the early SpaceX years, he sounds a lot better than he does in the new clips.

What's going on here? Not available in my country.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

Funky See Funky Do posted:

What's going on here? Not available in my country.
John Oliver roasting Elon on Last Week Tonight.

Said he was a less fuckable Billy Zane's character from Titanic.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Where's Elon's mom to tell us he's actually very handsome?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Wow nobody deserves to have that said to them. Nobody.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

what?

That episode is super weak coming like a year or more too late with that soft rear end handling. Maybe its ok for the target audience but "don't have time" for all the essential poo poo in his past is kinda crucial. Way too much "gotta hand it to him" and way too much repetition of poo poo like "made EV cars popular" liberals love to believe, overshadowing essential problems of the environment that wanker had to strive in in the first place.

Listen to Paris Marx podcast instead.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

haldolium posted:

what?

That episode is super weak coming like a year or more too late with that soft rear end handling. Maybe its ok for the target audience but "don't have time" for all the essential poo poo in his past is kinda crucial. Way too much "gotta hand it to him" and way too much repetition of poo poo like "made EV cars popular" liberals love to believe, overshadowing essential problems of the environment that wanker had to strive in in the first place.

Listen to Paris Marx podcast instead.

Probably wasn't a joke actually at the end that he's afraid of getting kicked off Twitter lol

(To be more charitable, maybe the angle is that he thinks it's easier to soft-pedal "hey you know maybe Elon has a dark side" to the comparatively Elon-illiterate HBO audience, than to say "hey everybody the real life iron man is actually a loving monster and you are all complicit in his rise to power". Like you gotta ease them into it or they'll reject it as just totally implausible)

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Yes, I'm sure the Paris Marx podcast, whatever the gently caress that is, will be the watershed moment exposing Elon Musk to the American public for the fraud and monster he is????

You do realize that even a milquetoast critique from somebody with an actual audience is more important for cracking Musk's facade of respectability than some absolutely marginal nobody technically being more rigorous in their critique, right

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

musk is a poopoo head

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The Legend of Tesla: The Yaccarino of Wine

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Data Graham posted:

Probably wasn't a joke actually at the end that he's afraid of getting kicked off Twitter lol

(To be more charitable, maybe the angle is that he thinks it's easier to soft-pedal "hey you know maybe Elon has a dark side" to the comparatively Elon-illiterate HBO audience, than to say "hey everybody the real life iron man is actually a loving monster and you are all complicit in his rise to power". Like you gotta ease them into it or they'll reject it as just totally implausible)

given his episodes on tucker and trump fe, should've been along that line of base rejection at least and not "oh wow did you know Elon not so good?" way too late for that rethoric. He can do better, this was too weak.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

John Wick of Dogs posted:

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

drat... This guy's insults are not hardcore enough. I recommend you listen to this other guy insult him worse

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

John Wick of Dogs posted:

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
:yeshaha:

EU takes action against Elon Musk's X over disinformation

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

What's he gonna refer to this as, getting "blacklisted" by the EU or something

steinrokkan