Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

Dudes rock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

The General posted:

That's news to me. From what I had heard, all the money was accounted for, just not sent out until very recently. And I agree, middlemen are garbage.

Somebody else said administrative fees got paid out, and yeah. Welcome to basically every charity ever. I still laugh when I think about the bunch of nerds who had a meltdown when they found out GDQ staff gets paid.

At the end of the day, I just believe Jirard to be extremely incompetent and not actively malicious. I feel like even if it was a long con, after 5 or 6 years he'd have starting dipping into the funds. But maybe it took the extra week after being called out to divest where the money actually went to send it out Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż

you are bending over backwards to make excuses for someone who repeatedly lied about how they were actively using the money for charity while not giving literally any of it to charity.

Why is there always some weirdo desperate to defend the worst people, no matter the context?

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

This woman is part cat, because this is how 90% of cats (and I think this is a lowball guess) react to any sudden noise.

I know anime catgirls are kinda cringe but I'd love it if they included this behaviour especially if they yelled "OH BUGGER poo poo!". Not just catgirls, but catgirl adjacent characters like DC's Catwoman. Imagine Batman pops up behind her, says "Hi" and she just jumps and screams "OH BUGGER poo poo!" then glares at him while he gives her a poo poo-eating grin.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Smik posted:

This woman is part cat, because this is how 90% of cats (and I think this is a lowball guess) react to any sudden noise.

I really want to see what happens if someone puts a cucumber on the floor behind her

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

"anime cat girls being a bit cringe" reminds me of hearing an old British lady with a newly flooded house summarising it to her husband as "I find it a bit damp"

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Smik posted:

I know anime catgirls are kinda cringe but I'd love it if they included this behaviour especially if they yelled "OH BUGGER poo poo!". Not just catgirls, but catgirl adjacent characters like DC's Catwoman. Imagine Batman pops up behind her, says "Hi" and she just jumps and screams "OH BUGGER poo poo!" then glares at him while he gives her a poo poo-eating grin.

It's "OH FUCKER SHEEIT," they seem to be in the American south.

It looks to me like an uncontrollable response, but she seems pretty good humored about it. There's a thing called the Brownlee response, I think, and it's specifically the arm flailing motion as a reaction to snakes and spiders and stuff. Looks like a few of the times he triggers her by tossing something or catching her attention out of the corner of her eye.

HenryJLittlefinger has a new favorite as of 01:23 on Dec 18, 2023

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

lol

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

It's "OH FUCKER SHEEIT," they seem to be in the American south.

Texas. She's wearing a Baylor sweatshirt in one of the clips.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Dango Bango posted:

Texas. She's wearing a Baylor sweatshirt in one of the clips.

That's it, I was trying to place the college logo.

DTaeKim
Aug 16, 2009

Blackchamber posted:

The money thats missing is from his charity golf tournament. Basically it was making money that was also supposed to go to charity and at some point stopped making a penny otherwise the big pot of money would have been larger. So what happened to the cash that sponsors were paying to have tables and contributed to the tournament?

Linked timestamped video about the Golf Tourney by Jobst with some numbers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZ6tYkStri4&t=226s

Please don't link the YouTuber with Nazi sympathies.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.

DTaeKim posted:

???

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

DTaeKim posted:

Please don't link the YouTuber

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

DTaeKim posted:

not everyone is terminally online so some context would be great

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

"Is it racist for a white guy to complain about not being able to say the n-word, to a Discord channel filled with confirmed neo-Nazis? On r/speedrun, apparently the answer is up for debate."

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

his name is Karl, a german name

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

`Nemesis posted:

not everyone is terminally online so some context would be great

Just loving look at him, he's got the blond nazi undercut

In 2023 that's enough. If you aren't a Nazi or a lesbian don't get that haircut

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Reminds of these kinds of videos.

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_s5c65rDZDA1z8ckep.mp4

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Just loving look at him, he's got the blond nazi undercut

In 2023 that's enough. If you aren't a Nazi or a lesbian don't get that haircut

please tell me why i was supposed to focus on the tiny little portrait in the top left corner of this embed when given zero context

The General
Mar 4, 2007

You're supposed to already be terminally online like the rest of us.

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

The General posted:

You're supposed to already be terminally online like the rest of us.

really bugs me that people use this term instead of "chronically online". Terminally online would mean that it's going to kill you. Actually, I take that back.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Glottis posted:

really bugs me that people use this term instead of "chronically online". Terminally online would mean that it's going to kill you. Actually, I take that back.

That’s the whole point. It’s supposed to be like ‘terminal cancer’.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

when i was like 9 or 10 I used to play this with my cousins. but we would turn the lights completely off in a bedroom, pitch black. no squirt gun tho, it was basically marco pollo except without a swimming pool

it was an exercise in not letting our aunt hear someone suddenly crying after a very loud bang

KoRMaK has a new favorite as of 06:14 on Dec 18, 2023

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

The Lone Badger posted:

Yep. You are so online that there is no cure. Just try to enjoy the remainder of your (online) life

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

absolutely reeling at the revelation that Karl Horgst is a nazi

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Speaking of terminally online, I still want to know the deal with this:

GrandpaPants posted:

Did the designers remove the jorp NPC in their last game (The Messenger)?

What jorp NPC? What are you talking about?

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font

Hyperlynx posted:

Speaking of terminally online, I still want to know the deal with this:

What jorp NPC? What are you talking about?

If you bug the shopkeeper they will start quoting jorp.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

I actively hate that panels 2 and 3 aren't swapped in this meme :argh:

Ror posted:

absolutely reeling at the revelation that Karl Horgst is a nazi

Yeah that sucks, he's been loving with Billy Mitchell for years so I thought he was cool :(

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

The Lone Badger posted:

SA is basically hospice care

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
A honey pot for the dead and gay.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
It's worth noting that on Jirard's quite long review video of Sea of Stars, he spent a significant amount of time gushing over how he's good friends with the devs of the game and loved their first game SOOOOOO much and that it's one of the greatest honors he could ever imagine to be able to make a cameo in a not just their next game, but a game that he absolutely loved.

He's probably completely gutted that he lost that, so it's pretty good schad on top of the other consequences he's facing right now.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

Youtube's algorithm saw me rewatch King of Kong on Netflix a while back, so I got served a couple Karl Jorts videos about how Billy Mitchell is a piece of poo poo. Well, the first video was about that, and the second one was a bunch of self-congratulatory bullcrap about how I, Karl Joerb, am a hero actually for going after someone that everyone knows is a huge piece of poo poo. I didn't even finish that one because I found Karl Jaeoorb's voice/attitude/presentation so loving annoying. Shame to hear he's a Nazi, because Billy Mitchell is about as bad, or worse. This has a "Heartbreaking: The Worst Person You Know Just Made A Great Point" vibe to it.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Billy Mitchell cheated at a video game, I don't think that makes him as bad as the Nazi. Also be was an important pioneer of military aviation.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

steinrokkan posted:

Billy Mitchell cheated at a video game, I don't think that makes him as bad as the Nazi. Also be was an important pioneer of military aviation.

Look up Billy Mitchell's politics. He's Nazi-adjacent.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Railing Kill posted:

Look up Billy Mitchell's politics

I refuse, thanks

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

steinrokkan posted:

Military aviation is bad.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Railing Kill posted:

Youtube's algorithm saw me rewatch King of Kong on Netflix a while back, so I got served a couple Karl Jorts videos about how Billy Mitchell is a piece of poo poo. Well, the first video was about that, and the second one was a bunch of self-congratulatory bullcrap about how I, Karl Joerb, am a hero actually for going after someone that everyone knows is a huge piece of poo poo. I didn't even finish that one because I found Karl Jaeoorb's voice/attitude/presentation so loving annoying. Shame to hear he's a Nazi, because Billy Mitchell is about as bad, or worse. This has a "Heartbreaking: The Worst Person You Know Just Made A Great Point" vibe to it.

You know you can just not watch videos that are presented to you, right?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Soul Dentist posted:

You know you can just not watch videos that are presented to you, right?

You know you can just not respond to posts with useless advice, right

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Billy Mitchell wears clothes that look like the american flag. Nobody who does that could be bad!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Admiral Joeslop posted:

You know you can just not respond to posts with useless advice, right

If you don't have a can opener you can still open cans just fine with a blow torch.