Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I have an issue on iPad 17.1.1 where every other post that I attempt to make crashes and closes the app. When I open it back up I can post normally but it appears to be an issue with every other post I make.

Would deleting and downloading the app help? I checked the last few pages and didn't see anyone reporting what I'm experiencing so I assume it's an isolated issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

I've recently updated to 17.1.1 too and am not experiencing the same issue.

In the past I've had a similar issue though and clearing all of the app's data helped.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
Here’s a bug on Mac OS:

Use two-finger zoom in or out on a clickable object (spoiler tag, embedded tweet, whatever). Place your mouse cursor over the object, zoom in, and when you finish zooming it will click on the object. This shouldn’t do that. Heck, you can do a pinch-to-zoom on the new post window, which isn’t zoomable, and it’ll start selecting text.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
just a question

sometimes in yospos the background colour is grey rather than black

any
reason? or what triggers it? imo it looks good, it’s the raised blacks of forums

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Kirios posted:

I have an issue on iPad 17.1.1 where every other post that I attempt to make crashes and closes the app. When I open it back up I can post normally but it appears to be an issue with every other post I make.

Would deleting and downloading the app help? I checked the last few pages and didn't see anyone reporting what I'm experiencing so I assume it's an isolated issue.

Same issue, iPad Pro 12.9 (2021) but I think it started on 17.1. I don’t post a lot so I hadn’t bothered bringing it up but since someone else mentioned it I will.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

There is a bug currently where if you’re on the final page of a thread and your device switches from (oled) dark to a light theme the frog’s eyes don’t fully switch to the new theme.

Please do not fix it, it looks sick as hell.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
HYPNO FROG

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

That image shouldn’t even exist, wtf. Where is it coming from?

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

ALL HAIL GET OUT FROG

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

Subjunctive posted:

That image shouldn’t even exist, wtf. Where is it coming from?

There used to be a frog that matches that description, but we haven't seen it around these parts for - can it be 20 years already?

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
Is it a known bug that if you favorite emoticons, they don't actually save from post to post? I favorited a bunch on one post but when I went to make a new post they were all gone.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Is there some reason auto capitalization for sentence start doesn’t usually work in this app but seems to most elsewhere? I just converted over from Android if this is an obvious iOS thing

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

it’s set on or off depending on the forum, per local custom

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

trilljester posted:

Is it a known bug that if you favorite emoticons, they don't actually save from post to post? I favorited a bunch on one post but when I went to make a new post they were all gone.

I believe the emote keyboard in general is kinda hosed up rn

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
Oh man I wish the emote keyboard had a search box, that’d be :5:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

You mean :5::5:

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Did the font in this app change recently or am I losing my marbles? I like the change but also I might be going on too little sleep.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

buglord posted:

Did the font in this app change recently or am I losing my marbles? I like the change but also I might be going on too little sleep.

I’ve noticed it changes sometimes and I can’t figure out why.

The font definitely changes when you reply to a post though.

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

You’re right, and I think you’re the first person to point it out! It switched to San Francisco rounded about a year ago I think. Must have missed a few instances.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Anyone having the app not load any threads?

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?
Works fine here.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Thanks for the new TestFlight build and just going whole hog and removing all the icons lol

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

In addition to the app icons I’m also I’m missing the blue quote icons that normally sit to the left of the user name in the latest TestFlight

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

spanky the dolphin posted:

In addition to the app icons I’m also I’m missing the blue quote icons that normally sit to the left of the user name in the latest TestFlight

Yeah I’ve had that since I installed the 17.2 beta, since before the latest Awful beta.

Assumed it might be beta issues but I’m still seeing it now 17.2 is out proper.

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Grace Baiting posted:

I also have a feature re-request and a bug report, both dealing with the ellipsis menu!

The feature re-request, from... June 2022 :monocle::

Adding the poster's name to the top of the post ellipsis menu would be great!! (Notably their name was present in the old interface too, so this would revert a regression.)  plz fix tia <3

Second, the bug report: the ellipsis popup menu behaves a little awkwardly if you tap and drag across it, in that upon releasing your finger press, the menu will execute the action you initially tapped on, as well any other action you may have dragged to (though no second action if you dragged off the menu entirely, at least). The dotdotdot menu probably should probably not always execute the item you mousedown (fingerdown?) on!

Lastly,

:yossame::sign:

Just want to make another plug/request/+1 on the "new UI's per-post ellipsis menu" issues, which I mentioned in my quoted post above, which itself references my first post on that almost 1.5 years ago now!

Short version is:
• the post ellipsis menu's tap-and-drag behavior is a bit fucky, as it activates the items under both the endpoint and the startpoint of your drag!
• Awful app's old UI included the poster's name as a title of a post's ellipsis menu, which is very handy for log posts, and I would love it if the new UI added that behavior too! Hashtag revert regression

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Grace Baiting posted:

• the post ellipsis menu's tap-and-drag behavior is a bit fucky, as it activates the items under both the endpoint and the startpoint of your drag!

thank you this explains why the app crashes more when my bloodsugar is low, I thought I was going crazy

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Grassy Knowles posted:

thank you this explains why the app crashes more when my bloodsugar is low, I thought I was going crazy

:tipshat: Oh yeah turns out there's an extremely easy crash that this can cause on your own posts!!
  • Load a thread fresh from the Bookmarks menu (I imagine an individual forum view would work too, but I haven't tested that)
  • Tap on the ellipsis menu of your own post
  • Tap on "Edit", drag to "Quote", then release!

(Note the app handles it just fine if you drag from Quote to Edit! Instead of crashing it just starts a quote, then asks if you want to delete the quote and start editing your post instead. Similarly no crash happens if you already have something already in a thread's Write New Post sheet! Gotta start from a fresh load of the thread.)

I just generated a few Crash Reports narrowing this down too, so enjoy those I guess/hope @ Devs!

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Video's worth a thousand frames so here y'all go, as long as you can stand the low quality:

(Dunno how long Discord keeps files around but that's a problem for future goons!)

Note that my drag started on Edit, dragged down to Quote, and then released there; I didn't actually drag back up to Edit! It looks like I did because I guess the Edit button highlights again because the Edit action is being fired, right as post sheet starts appearing and just before the crash itself.

(Also this does indeed still occur when loading a thread from a forums view, not just your bookmarks page.)

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

In it voted 5

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe
I just got a hand me down iPhone 13 and the app now shows quotes in a bubble that I find very hard to read. I tried increasing the font size but it seems like the quote text doesn’t increase, just the text in the actual post.

Is there a way to fix this?

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
I have double smilies. How can I fix it?

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

I have double smilies. How can I fix it?

Yeah I’ve had this issue forever and I dunno how to fix it…but also I never asked. Also I’m not sure if double smilies are eating up other smilies, but I couldn’t find one the other day that I know existed on the forums because jt had just been used.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

It can’t be fixed

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
Smilie keyboard is hosed in and out of app

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

It is somehow radium’s fault

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
The twitter replacement Bluesky is now viewable without an account, and posts are also embeddable. For example, sharing a bluesky skeet link in Discord is embedded.

Here is a random link to a skeet with a picture of a cat.

https://bsky.app/profile/lambheart.bsky.social/post/3khacl72wdk2r

can we get Bluesky embeds please?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Is there a way for a thread author to close a thread using iOS?

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

`Nemesis posted:

The twitter replacement Bluesky is now viewable without an account, and posts are also embeddable. For example, sharing a bluesky skeet link in Discord is embedded.

Here is a random link to a skeet with a picture of a cat.

https://bsky.app/profile/lambheart.bsky.social/post/3khacl72wdk2r

can we get Bluesky embeds please?

That doesn’t actually work for someone without an account though. Instead of a picture of a cat, I get the message “Sign-in required” and a link to Learn More.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Are they really called skeets?